Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Thanks SG57, understand about getting ahead of myself - just excited at prospect of weaning. I'll start with the .7mg and see how I feel and adjust accordingly. Will take it one day at a time as far as weaning schedule goes, slow and steady wins the race. I didn't have voldka in house so am using Gin. Seems almost dissolved. Wondering if I can save leftover in fridge - and add other leftovers to it, till I arrive at a new dose. Hate to waste the K, is that a no no?

9to5er,

Hello, I don't believe you are supposed to store it in the fridge, maybe Builder or others can chime in? If you dissolve your med and use a larger amount of water to mix the alcohol in (such as 398ml (2ml alcohol = 400ml) ) you will have a few doses to measure out. You will have to do the math, anyway, you need not throw any away. If I have less than one dose left in my jar, I mix a new batch and add to it. The ratio of medication to liquid is the same- it is the dose amount I draw up with the syringe that changes, less and less as I MT down.  :) Rose

Based on the recommendations for storage of Rx liquid V, it should be stored at room temps.  Roxane recommends 77F with a range 59F to 86F.  This applies to both the alcohol solvent product (Diazepam Intensol) and the propylene glycol product (Diazepam Oral Solution)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercy! Right now I think I'll focus on getting through the next hour. I'll check into photobucket and Imagelink when my brain is screwed on a little better. Well, that may be a while...

Thanks!

Jeff

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too good, Jeff. Have you met with that new psychiatrist yet? I keep wondering about that but can't remember when the date is.

Gard

Howdy Gardener. No, I don't meet with that psych. until September 16th. That's cutting it super close since I'll almost be out of med. If he doesn't give me a script for some reason, then I'll be up a nasty smelling creek. It freaks me out if you really want to know. Thanks for the concern.

I'll be out of town a couple days this week with no computer access; only my phone, and I don't think I can get on this site with my phone. Never tried.

Anyway, keep plowing forward and feel gooder!!

Jeff

I'm freaked out, too, and it's not even me! :o  Can you get on a cancellation list to try to get in sooner?

Thanks SG57, understand about getting ahead of myself - just excited at prospect of weaning. I'll start with the .7mg and see how I feel and adjust accordingly. Will take it one day at a time as far as weaning schedule goes, slow and steady wins the race. I didn't have voldka in house so am using Gin. Seems almost dissolved. Wondering if I can save leftover in fridge - and add other leftovers to it, till I arrive at a new dose. Hate to waste the K, is that a no no?

I think it would be okay to keep the liquid for several days.  This does not seem to be a problem from what I can see watching others here.  But we do this at home and do not have any shelf life quality checks or things of that nature so I think it is best to keep the solution pretty fresh.  A few days.  I've never actually used that method so this is just my best judgement.  Maybe others will chime in with their experience.

What is the proof of your gin?

SG, should she be refrigerating it? I have alprazolam dissolved in PG and it says not to refrigerate. I dilute it with water and keep it 5-7 days.

Edit: I see other had the same thought. Hope 9to5 sees one of them!

9to5er,

Hello, I don't believe you are supposed to store it in the fridge, maybe Builder or others can chime in? If you dissolve your med and use a larger amount of water to mix the alcohol in (such as 398ml (2ml alcohol = 400ml) ) you will have a few doses to measure out. You will have to do the math, anyway, you need not throw any away. If I have less than one dose left in my jar, I mix a new batch and add to it. The ratio of medication to liquid is the same- it is the dose amount I draw up with the syringe that changes, less and less as I MT down.  :) Rose

Good catch Rose.  I agree with Builder and Gardener - I would not refrigerate.  Roxane seems to be saying don't do it and we know colder temps lower solubility.  Best not to add that to the mix I think.

Thanks SG57, Rose and others who chimed in on the refrigeration question! Will keep room temp.

And thanks also for the advise to add more gin. I picked up 3, 10ml plastic syringes from Walgreens this afternoon. Seeing all the .01ml tic marks on it - I have a better idea of just how slowly i can/should be weaning. This process seems so much easier then pill splitting! I am so very excited to be at the weaning stage!

I'll keep in touch with progress and am so very grateful for the community here.

Thanks SG57, Rose and others who chimed in on the refrigeration question! Will keep room temp.

And thanks also for the advise to add more gin. I picked up 3, 10ml plastic syringes from Walgreens this afternoon. Seeing all the .01ml tic marks on it - I have a better idea of just how slowly i can/should be weaning. This process seems so much easier then pill splitting! I am so very excited to be at the weaning stage!

I'll keep in touch with progress and am so very grateful for the community here.

Absolutely!

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you for explaining everything clearly and for the support. Each time I read these posts, I learn more about MT

It's a great idea!  I don't know where that comes from that people think it is only a low-dose thing, but a lot of people have that impression.

The thing about the scale method is the smallest cut you can make with a .5mg pill is not really small enough for a daily taper, but since you are at such a high dose I think it will be, at least for a while.  The 1mg pills, not surprisingly, make cuts that are twice as big since they have double the K in the same size pill so they are really not good for the scale method.  So I would use them up dosing and try to get all .5mg pills prescribed.

Your dose is 3.206mg.  If we set you off on a course for 5% a month that would be .160mg/30 days=.005mg/day.  That is a safe place to begin.

Do you have an average weight for your .5mg pills yet?

I'm so glad it's a good idea! I really feel like it would be a lot less of a shock to my system. I haven't been on this site long. I definitely got that impression. Also I got the impression that I would be able to cut more with the cut and hold method than micro tapering at my dose.

I have a lot of .5mg pill right now. Also I know my p/doc would give me all .5mg pills.

The average weight of my .5mg pills is .169g.

Thank you for helping me!

You're welcome. :)

Yeah, those are two common myths: that somehow MT is not for higher doses and that MT is slower.  Both are false.  Taper rate is about how quickly the body adapts back to normal function and has little to do with how you taper, although IMO MT is more efficient with time.

It's very good that you can use .5mg pills.  They will be twice as accurate as the 1mg and you'll need that accuracy as you go lower.

So .5mg/169mg=.003mg for each .001g on the scale.  Typical .5mg pills.

I'm glad those are myths. MT definitely seems like a more efficient way to taper.

My p/doc just gives me whatever I ask for. He is a glorified drug dealer, basically. He is of no help when it comes to helping me taper.

I cut Friday morning. I'm not feeling great. I'm better than I was. I think I will start micro tapering in a week. I was hoping to try cutting 5% every 10 to 14 days like I have been but that it will be easier on me when MT. Maybe I could possibly even see how I feel and cut more. I'm not trying to rush it at all. I know a slow taper is what's best for me. I just don't want to go too slow. I know it will take over a year.

I'm not sure exactly how MT works. I get the concept just not exactly sure of the execution. I just found this site and started using the scale recently. Before I was just using a pill cutter. I am also open to doing liquid titration if I need to. I just prefer to dry cut MT now, if possible. I don't drink milk and it seems like a lot to dissolve my pills in alcohol and then put in water. Again I really appreciate the help! I don't know how I would of continued tapering without finding this site.

XO Maya

I am also open to doing liquid titration if I need to. I just prefer to dry cut MT now, if possible. I don't drink milk and it seems like a lot to dissolve my pills in alcohol and then put in water. Again I really appreciate the help! I don't know how I would of continued tapering without finding this site.

XO Maya

It's a whole lot simpler (and more reliable) than cutting/filing/weighing pills.  It takes about 5 minutes to prepare enough lqiuid to last 7-10 days.

Hello all! I am a high dose long term user of klonopin. Since I got to 4mg I have been having a much harder time tapering. I'm currently at 3.206mg and I just cut 5% and it did not go as well as I hoped. I'm going to reevaluate in 10 days. I was wondering if there were people who are or have micro tapered at my dose? I notice so far I have really only seen it under 1mg. I am thinking about MT instead of cut and hold since I have issues even with lower cuts. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also I just found BB in June and started using a scale. Before that I was just using a pill cutter. Thank you!

XO Maya

Hi Maya, welcome here. I've only been here a few months and, like you, I saw that most people were at "low" doses. As everyone else knows, I've been on Klonopin for nearly 22 years now. Ridiculous, I know, but doctors know what they're doing, right? Joking, of course. My first 10 years or so I was on 3mg/day. The following 11+ years they had me on 5mg/day and even 8 at one point. Plus, they threw in tons of other drugs to "help" with all the trash that the benzo was putting me through. That's a lot of poison going through the body. It has messed up my thyroid, adrenal function...all kinds of things. I then started researching things on my own, and that's when I learned how horrible benzos are. I still haven't gotten over the shock of it. I did the cut and hold thing from 5mg down to 3mg. That was an ungodly nightmare that I'll remember even when I'm dead. Those long years at the massive doses really threw my body into a place where I'm beyond super sensitive to any med and its side effects. I'm talking even Ibuprofen! That sensitivity has made this taper really a challenge. I ran across the Ashton Manual and BenzoBuddies by mistake (or luck) and started the micro taper from right around 3mg. I thank God for the micro taper. For me, I just couldn't do the dry cut method, but that's just due to my sensitivity. I dissolve my mg tablet in 3ml of 100 proof Vodka, poor in 97ml of water, then make my dose. I'm having to go really slow and hold at points, but it's a ton better than the cut and hold thing. I'm at about 2.2mg today and cutting at about .005mg/day. I started at .0025mg day and then went to .005. That's all I can do. I tried .0075 and .01mg, but not happenin'. It was depressing at how long this will take me to get off this stuff, but it seems that most people aren't as "sensitive" as me when it comes to body physiology, so you'll more than likely go zinging past me. I hope you do!! I just try to take it one day at a time and not fret over things. At least I'm going in the right direction this time! Everybody here will help you and encourage you. I think that the psychological part is so important. If we nail that, then we're good.

Gotta run, but we'll be in touch. You're in the right place!!!

Jeff

Hello Jeff!

Thank you! I'm sorry that you went through all that! I can't imagine being on a high dose for 22 years. I relate to your story. I have been on klonopin a little over 12 years now, but I could of ended up on it a lot longer. My p/doc would have kept me on them. I heard from a Dr I don't regularly see that klonopin could be causing me harm and started researching on my own. I now realize I have been in tolerance wd for years. I was mostly on 6mg a day. I also was on 8mg at one point. I have been on every drug for anxiety, depression, sleeping pills etc. now the only psych med I'm on is klonopin. That is a lot of poison going through your body! I haven't gotten over the shock of it either! All these psychological and physical symptoms that no one could figure out what was wrong and they are all explained by klonopin. I also found the Ashton manual and BB by accident. Thankful we did!  At least we finally know now and are getting off the poison!

I'm sorry you had such a hard time with cut and hold. Starting at 4mg it has been hard. It's good to hear about someone else on my dose micro tapering. I had only seen people who were doing at under 1mg. I'm glad it has made things a lot better for you. I hope it will do the same for me. I feel like I'm a lot more sensitive than others too. I try not to compare myself. You are doing great! I know that this taper will take me over a year and I'm accepting it. You have the right attitude. I try to just take it one day at a time, but I sometimes have to keep bringing myself back to the present. I agree about the psychological part. Thank you so much!!! I definitely am in the right place. I hope you are having a good night!

XO Maya

I am also open to doing liquid titration if I need to. I just prefer to dry cut MT now, if possible. I don't drink milk and it seems like a lot to dissolve my pills in alcohol and then put in water. Again I really appreciate the help! I don't know how I would of continued tapering without finding this site.

XO Maya

It's a whole lot simpler (and more reliable) than cutting/filing/weighing pills.  It takes about 5 minutes to prepare enough lqiuid to last 7-10 days.

I'm definitely open to trying it. I am just getting used to doing anything besides using my pill cutter. I feel dumb, but I don't even understand exactly how to MT. I have been having cog fog lately and I hate it so much! It does sound more complicated. Also I think I've seen that some people don't react the same to the liquid. I will probably try it at some point. Thanks for the advice!

XO Maya

I'm definitely open to trying it. I am just getting used to doing anything besides using my pill cutter. I feel dumb, but I don't even understand exactly how to MT. I have been having cog fog lately and I hate it so much! It does sound more complicated. Also I think I've seen that some people don't react the same to the liquid. I will probably try it at some point. Thanks for the advice!

1) Get Rx liquid, or make your own with vodka or propylene glycol.

2) Choose a cut rate (say, 5% every 10 days)

3)  Multiply your current dose by the cut rate (say, 10mg X 5% = .5mg)

4) Divide the cut by the days  (.5/10=.05/day.)

5) Lower your dose by .05mg each day. 

Just plug in your own dosage and choose a cut rate.

XO Maya

You are in good company in the cog fog club! As with any new concept, it takes the brain repetition and time to process it. Throw in a benzo brain and just expect it to take longer! You will eventually get it.

I did a dry cut taper of trazodone many months ago. Now I'm doing liquid titration of my Xanax. I'll take the liquid over the dry cutting any day. Once I understood it (with lots of patient explanations from Sharkey, SG, builder, and others) and once I had gathered all my materials, I found it so much easier and more accurate than dry cutting. I was nervous the first few times I did it, but it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be and with very few bumps during the transition.

Good luck with whatever you choose. One way or another, we will all get through this together.

Gardener  :smitten:

XO Maya

1) Get Rx liquid, or make your own with vodka or propylene glycol.

2) Choose a cut rate (say, 5% every 10 days)

3)  Multiply your current dose by the cut rate (say, 10mg X 5% = .5mg)

4) Divide the cut by the days  (.5/10=.05/day.)

5) Lower your dose by .05mg each day. 

Just plug in your own dosage and choose a cut rate.

Unfortunately, klonopin does not come in liquid. I wish it did! Thanks for the formula!

XO Maya

You are in good company in the cog fog club! As with any new concept, it takes the brain repetition and time to process it. Throw in a benzo brain and just expect it to take longer! You will eventually get it.

I did a dry cut taper of trazodone many months ago. Now I'm doing liquid titration of my Xanax. I'll take the liquid over the dry cutting any day. Once I understood it (with lots of patient explanations from Sharkey, SG, builder, and others) and once I had gathered all my materials, I found it so much easier and more accurate than dry cutting. I was nervous the first few times I did it, but it turned out to be easier than I thought it would be and with very few bumps during the transition.

Good luck with whatever you choose. One way or another, we will all get through this together.

Gardener,

Thanks! I am sure I will eventually get it. I just think I should get it by now.

I'm glad it has worked so well for you! It seems like more work than dry cutting, but you would know better than me. I also worry that dissolving my pill in alcohol and then putting it in water it might not affect me the same. I done drink milk. I am planning on beginning my micro taper Sunday. What tools do you need for liquid titration. I definitely like that it's more accurate. I'm sure if I don't try it now. I will at some point. I'm just trying to get the hang of how to MT first.

Thank you so much! Yes, we definitely will!  :smitten:

XO Maya

XO Maya

Gardener,

Thanks! I am sure I will eventually get it. I just think I should get it by now.

I'm glad it has worked so well for you! It seems like more work than dry cutting, but you would know better than me. I also worry that dissolving my pill in alcohol and then putting it in water it might not affect me the same. I done drink milk. I am planning on beginning my micro taper Sunday. What tools do you need for liquid titration. I definitely like that it's more accurate. I'm sure if I don't try it now. I will at some point. I'm just trying to get the hang of how to MT first.

XO Maya

Maya, Don't forget you have benzo cog-fog and everything takes longer to learn. Liquid is harder to learn than dry cutting but easier to do once you have learned it. At least for me. I was really bad at cutting and weighing those pills. It just took me forever. Some people are good at it and prefer it.

Now I mix up a dilution that lasts about a week (kept at room temp in a dark place) and just draw up my doses with an oral syringe. I dose 6 times a day (darn Xanax) so I draw up all 6 doses up at one time (after supper) and put them in little bottles to take when it's time for them. I use an alarm on my phone to make sure I don't miss a dose.

Don't worry about getting the dissolving and diluting figured out right. That's why we have the math and dilution gurus on this thread! They do not have cog-fog. ;D

It's true that people are affected a bit differently when they switch to liquid. This is why we recommend switching and then waiting a week without cutting to give your body time to adjust to the change. Most people seem to adjust. Some don't and go back to dry cutting. There is also the option of using propylene glycol (available on amazon) to dissolve or asking your pharmacy if they can make a suspension for you. I believe Anne makes her own suspension with just water and just shakes like crazy before she draws out each dose.

I got my Xanax already as a solution, so I only have to dilute to 10% right now. You will have to dissolve your pills and then dilute. I have a BB log where I store info so I can grab it when I need it. Here's what I have in my log about supplies I have found on amazon and my notes about them. (Other people have posted about supplies, too, in other places on the thread.)

My Supplies for Dilution and Titration

1ml syringes marked at .02 intervals that come with caps. Easy to see the exact dose. Can be carried tip down in purse or pocket carefully if the plunger is not pulled back very far. Note: syringes will lose their markings and get harder to use as they get older. This is typical. Sometimes people think syringes have needles and look concerned when they see me with it. I say, "Don't worry, it has no needle; it's an oral syringe, like you would use to give medicine to a baby or a cat." Then they understand and look relieved.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013Y6JK2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

30ml (very small) amber bottles with rubber seals so they don't leak. Good for carrying a small dose that is too big to fit in a syringe. Also less scary-looking than a syringe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4ABY4E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

10ml syringes that I find hard to use for measuring meds due to the design of the plunger, but are good for carrying a small amount of water to use for rinsing the tiny bottles after dosing (and drinking the rinse water to be sure nothing is left behind). These also come with caps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OABXLOM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

100ml amber glass jar for storing dilution. Holds 100ml but very close to top of jar. Not good for shaking. It will leak. Nice wide top makes it easy to draw out a dose with your syringe. Nice wide top allows bits of dust to fall in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QNILTW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

50ml graduated cylinder. It's glass. I've knocked it over a few times but it hasn't broken. Some people buy 2 just in case. It seems to be very close to accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKIAJW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

100ml graduated cylinder by the same company. I think most people buy this size.

http://www.amazon.com/213I12-Karter-Scientific-Graduated-Cylinder/dp/B006UKIASI/ref=pd_sim_328_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=09M84H793FJXQYDY00F7

By the way, I also have a blog I set up for people on this thread who want to gab off topic. It's called Seeds of Inspiration. If you start at the beginning, you will get to read a lot of people's stories, go off on some crazy tangents, see Sharkey's baby announcement, and get to know some of the MT buddies better. Please come over and introduce yourself and add your story! The more the merrier!

XO Maya

Gardener,

XO Maya

Maya, Don't forget you have benzo cog-fog and everything takes longer to learn. Liquid is harder to learn than dry cutting but easier to do once you have learned it. At least for me. I was really bad at cutting and weighing those pills. It just took me forever. Some people are good at it and prefer it.

Now I mix up a dilution that lasts about a week (kept at room temp in a dark place) and just draw up my doses with an oral syringe. I dose 6 times a day (darn Xanax) so I draw up all 6 doses up at one time (after supper) and put them in little bottles to take when it's time for them. I use an alarm on my phone to make sure I don't miss a dose.

Don't worry about getting the dissolving and diluting figured out right. That's why we have the math and dilution gurus on this thread! They do not have cog-fog. ;D

It's true that people are affected a bit differently when they switch to liquid. This is why we recommend switching and then waiting a week without cutting to give your body time to adjust to the change. Most people seem to adjust. Some don't and go back to dry cutting. There is also the option of using propylene glycol (available on amazon) to dissolve or asking your pharmacy if they can make a suspension for you. I believe Anne makes her own suspension with just water and just shakes like crazy before she draws out each dose.

I got my Xanax already as a solution, so I only have to dilute to 10% right now. You will have to dissolve your pills and then dilute. I have a BB log where I store info so I can grab it when I need it. Here's what I have in my log about supplies I have found on amazon and my notes about them. (Other people have posted about supplies, too, in other places on the thread.)

My Supplies for Dilution and Titration

1ml syringes marked at .02 intervals that come with caps. Easy to see the exact dose. Can be carried tip down in purse or pocket carefully if the plunger is not pulled back very far. Note: syringes will lose their markings and get harder to use as they get older. This is typical. Sometimes people think syringes have needles and look concerned when they see me with it. I say, "Don't worry, it has no needle; it's an oral syringe, like you would use to give medicine to a baby or a cat." Then they understand and look relieved.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013Y6JK2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

30ml (very small) amber bottles with rubber seals so they don't leak. Good for carrying a small dose that is too big to fit in a syringe. Also less scary-looking than a syringe.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4ABY4E?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

10ml syringes that I find hard to use for measuring meds due to the design of the plunger, but are good for carrying a small amount of water to use for rinsing the tiny bottles after dosing (and drinking the rinse water to be sure nothing is left behind). These also come with caps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OABXLOM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

100ml amber glass jar for storing dilution. Holds 100ml but very close to top of jar. Not good for shaking. It will leak. Nice wide top makes it easy to draw out a dose with your syringe. Nice wide top allows bits of dust to fall in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006QNILTW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

50ml graduated cylinder. It's glass. I've knocked it over a few times but it hasn't broken. Some people buy 2 just in case. It seems to be very close to accurate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006UKIAJW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

100ml graduated cylinder by the same company. I think most people buy this size.

http://www.amazon.com/213I12-Karter-Scientific-Graduated-Cylinder/dp/B006UKIASI/ref=pd_sim_328_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=09M84H793FJXQYDY00F7

By the way, I also have a blog I set up for people on this thread who want to gab off topic. It's called Seeds of Inspiration. If you start at the beginning, you will get to read a lot of people's stories, go off on some crazy tangents, see Sharkey's baby announcement, and get to know some of the MT buddies better. Please come over and introduce yourself and add your story! The more the merrier!

Gardener,

I know. It's awful. It only started getting bad more recently. I just started dry cutting. It hasn't been that bad. Easier the better!

I can't even imagine how many times a day I would dose if I was in xanax. I dose 4 times on klonopin. I metabolize it faster than most.

Thank god for the math gurus!

I think I will start my MT on Sunday, hopefully, with dry cutting. Then learn more about how to do liquid titration and try it. I just found out there are klonopin wafers. I wonder if those could just dissolve in water? I will have to do some investigating. Also I don't if there is a pharmacy near me that would make it for me and if my insurance would cover it. It's too bad that klonopin doesn't come in liquid.

Thank you so much for sharing all that information with me! That is so helpful! I saved it all. haha it is easier to carry around a cut pill and you'll get less weird looks than with a syringe.

I will definitely check out your blog later! Thank you so much!  :smitten:

XO Maya

Gardener,

I know. It's awful. It only started getting bad more recently. I just started dry cutting. It hasn't been that bad. Easier the better!

I can't even imagine how many times a day I would dose if I was in xanax. I dose 4 times on klonopin. I metabolize it faster than most.

I think I will start my MT on Sunday, hopefully, with dry cutting. Then learn more about how to do liquid titration and try it. I just found out there are klonopin wafers. I wonder if those could just dissolve in water? I will have to do some investigating. Also I don't if there is a pharmacy near me that would make it for me and if my insurance would cover it. It's too bad that klonopin doesn't come in liquid.

Thank you so much for sharing all that information with me! That is so helpful! I saved it all. haha it is easier to carry around a cut pill and you'll get less weird looks than with a syringe.

XO Maya

Maya,

Welcome to the group!  The wafers dissolve the same way as pills, be careful with just water.  If you go with the wafers it is still suggested to dissolve them with the methods listed above before diluting with water.  Let us know how we can help!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Gardener,

XO Maya

Maya,

Welcome to the group!  The wafers dissolve the same way as pills, be careful with just water.  If you go with the wafers it is still suggested to dissolve them with the methods listed above before diluting with water. Let us know how we can help!

Stay strong!

sharkey

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will need a breast MRI.  They will be giving me verse (benzo)  it is shorting acting.  Does anyone know if this would be consider and up dose?  I have worked so hard tapering as far as I have. 

I will need a breast MRI.  They will be giving me verse (benzo)  it is shorting acting.  Does anyone know if this would be consider and up dose?  I have worked so hard tapering as far as I have.

One off doses for med procedures, etc, will have no impact on your taper.

Maya if you google compounding pharmacies in your area most of them will make you up a solution for liquid klonopin.  Your doctor just needs to write you the prescription for this.  Mine was able to write for both the pills and the liquid when I tried a liquid taper.

Giwn,

Good luck with your MRI.  Rose

Gardener,

XO Maya

Maya,

Welcome to the group!  The wafers dissolve the same way as pills, be careful with just water.  If you go with the wafers it is still suggested to dissolve them with the methods listed above before diluting with water.  Let us know how we can help!

Stay strong!

sharkey

Sharkey,

Thank you so much! Thank you for starting this amazing thread! I just won't bother with the wafers then. When I try the liquid titration I won't just put my klonopin in water. I will dissolve it first. Unfortunately, I hate milk and it makes me sick. I still need to figure out exactly who to MT. I should be able to start Sunday. That will be 10 days after my last cut and I am stabilizing. I think that I will start off with the scale. Then once I have that down, I will try liquid. What I could use help with exactly how to micro taper. I take 4 doses a day I take .831mg when I wake up, .875mg at 3pm, 1mg at 8pm, and .5mg at 12am. I take both 1mg and .5mg pills right now. I know it is better to micro taper with the .5mg pills. I have plenty of them. Their average weight is .169g. I was hoping to try to go at the rate I have been of 5% every 10-14 days and then if that works try to do higher cuts. Thank you!

XO Maya

Maya if you google compounding pharmacies in your area most of them will make you up a solution for liquid klonopin.  Your doctor just needs to write you the prescription for this.  Mine was able to write for both the pills and the liquid when I tried a liquid taper.

Kgirl,

Thanks! You were the first person to suggest MT to me. There seems to be one like 2 min away. I will check it out. The only issue would be if the insurance won't pay for it or my p/doc. He will write me whatever klonopin pills I want. When I brought up the Ashton manual and valium. He said valium wasn't any different than klonopin. I didn't fight him on the issue because I wasn't sure if crossover. I don't see why he would have an issue with that, but I can't be certain. Also getting him on the phone is very hard. I don't see him for 3 months. I will try. Liquid didn't work for you?

Hello Giwn,

I had surgery at the end of June. They gave me ativan before my surgery and after in my IV. I researched it and everything I read said if it's one time it's fine. I was having really bad sxs around that time from a cut that was too big for me. The ativan didn't affect my taper even a little. Good luck!

XO Maya