Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi BB's,

It's been a few days, I just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm excited Jeff/ultra may have found a possible solution. that make me very happy.

I'm sorry Hiphop is struggling so much. I don't know what else we can do to help, because it seems that many of us keep suggesting or offering help with microtaper plans, and he doesn't seem to want that advice  and continues to taper very fast with his A, and then runs into these horrible sx.

Hiphop, if I were you, I would seriously just do it MUCH more slowly. and try to establish a microtaper plan and stick to it.  I feel bad for your pain. I thnk sticking to a plan and schedule would make this a lot less horrible for you.

We are you, that you are feeling horrible and have other health issues as well. but you can get through this. There are many other very ill people on this board. Not only with bad livers, bad sx's, but with auto immune disease, cancer etc. These make things harder, yes, but never impossible.

You can do this! please let someone help you with a reasonable microtaper and things can improve.

take care all,

shan

That's really kind of you, Shan. Every one of us appreciate and thank you for your encouragement. Lord knows, we need it!! Thank you for being here (although, I'm sorry you have a reason to be here).

Jeff

Jeff

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be watching for that streak of fire! 

I, too, am in awe of NYCwaverider - incredible. I have a friend who recently tapered 3 mg of klonopin, was on for 5 years give or take, taper off in about 3-4 months with only a week long headache for battle scares. We are all uniquely made, that's for sure.

First things first. Get your script and then one foot in front of the other.

🙌 Marija

3-4 months??!!!  It's official....I'm now full-blown depressed :'(

And I met someone today who did a 3-day inpatient taper and felt sick for about a week, like she had the flu, and then was fine.  I told her I feel every little cut. She thought I was nuts!

[37...]

I, too, am in awe of NYCwaverider - incredible. I have a friend who recently tapered 3 mg of klonopin, was on for 5 years give or take, taper off in about 3-4 months with only a week long headache for battle scares. We are all uniquely made, that's for sure.

🙌 Marija

And I met someone today who did a 3-day inpatient taper and felt sick for about a week, like she had the flu, and then was fine.  I told her I feel every little cut. She thought I was nuts!

Gardener,

Genetics.  I would love to compare their genetics to ours. With cases like the aforementioned, it's no wonder the medical community look at us like we're........compromised in other ways other than their "meds".  Ugh.

Hi BB's,

It's been a few days, I just wanted to check in and say hi. I'm excited Jeff/ultra may have found a possible solution. that make me very happy.

I'm sorry Hiphop is struggling so much. I don't know what else we can do to help, because it seems that many of us keep suggesting or offering help with microtaper plans, and he doesn't seem to want that advice  and continues to taper very fast with his A, and then runs into these horrible sx.

Hiphop, if I were you, I would seriously just do it MUCH more slowly. and try to establish a microtaper plan and stick to it.  I feel bad for your pain. I thnk sticking to a plan and schedule would make this a lot less horrible for you.

We are you, that you are feeling horrible and have other health issues as well. but you can get through this. There are many other very ill people on this board. Not only with bad livers, bad sx's, but with auto immune disease, cancer etc. These make things harder, yes, but never impossible.

You can do this! please let someone help you with a reasonable microtaper and things can improve.

take care all,

shan

Hey Shannon,

There you are.  I've been wondering how you are doing?

Hugs,

doodle dog

🙌 Marija

That's the way my lexapro taper went.  I was on SSRIs for 21 years and got off lexapro in six weeks and felt like I had the flu.  It was easy, but for others it is as bad as benzos.

Hi BB's,

take care all,

shan

Hey Shannon,

Hugs,

doodle dog

Hi DOODS,  and Jeff, Gard, and others :)

I'm doing fine/good :) I did try the liquid for 2 days, and I was actually impressed how well I was tolerating it. SO I think this may be my method of choice. My nephew came over and stole some vodka and Ativan (oh the irony :idiot:) and so I stopped the liquid until I could make it out to get more vodka.

But I actually started dosing 3 times a day again (sorta by accident at first) and noticed I am doing much better on 3 times than 4. how strange. I have no idea why this would be, but it's working for now. Welcome to the Benzo Twilight  zone! :idiot: :idiot:

I hope you all have a nice day, today. we are in this together; we are all walking one another HOME (home to our well selves, home to peace, home to freedom)

hugs, shan

🙌 Marija

Yeah, the range of withdrawal on these drugs are staggering. My sister tapered off of the same amount I was originally on in six weeks with no problem what so ever. You just never know until you find out if you won the benzo s*** lottery or not.

[37...]

🙌 Marija

Yeah, the range of withdrawal on these drugs are staggering. My sister tapered off of the same amount I was originally on in six weeks with no problem what so ever. You just never know until you find out if you won the benzo s*** lottery or not.

JJ,

And, your sister, my friend, etc, seem to be the norm and why we struggle for validity.

How are feeling post jump?

Marija

🙌 Marija

JJ,

And, your sister, my friend, etc, seem to be the norm and why we struggle for validity.

How are feeling post jump?

Marija

I'm feeling so so Marija, nothing has really significantly changed for the last couple of months finishing up my taper and now post taper. At least it's not getting any worse. It's a little hard to say because I've been in withdrawal so long at this point that I'm losing a reference for what well feels like, but I'd say I'm maybe at around 60% healed?

🙌 Marija

Wow!  A 3 day inpatient taper off of WHAT. There's a psychiatrist here in my area that does 3 day tapers off of benzos in 3 days, but she fills people up with Depakote and a couple other things to prevent seizures. She has a horrible reputation. I mean, to get off a benzo, people HAVE to get other drugs to prevent seizures, right (and then they'd have to get off those drugs)? Or am I missing something? I just can't imagine getting off it in 3 days.

Man, this STINKS! Long way to go.

Next!!

Jeff

Hi BB's,

take care all,

shan

Hey Shannon,

Hugs,

doodle dog

I'm doing fine/good :) I did try the liquid for 2 days, and I was actually impressed how well I was tolerating it. SO I think this may be my method of choice. My nephew came over and stole some vodka and Ativan (oh the irony :idiot:) and so I stopped the liquid until I could make it out to get more vodka.

But I actually started dosing 3 times a day again (sorta by accident at first) and noticed I am doing much better on 3 times than 4. how strange. I have no idea why this would be, but it's working for now. Welcome to the Benzo Twilight  zone! :idiot: :idiot:

I hope you all have a nice day, today. we are in this together; we are all walking one another HOME (home to our well selves, home to peace, home to freedom)

hugs, shan

Good for you, Shannon!!!  Congrats to you!!

Jeff

Hey, can somebody tell me how to insert a picture into my post? I see the Mona Lisa icon on the toolbar, I click on it, and then it shows me a flashing cursor in between two bracketed...thing-a-ma-bobs. I tried to right-click and paste my image, but notta.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do? Gotta include some pics for Sharkey since we both graduated from the same college (of course, I'm old enough to be his Dad).

Sorry this wasn't a MT question. I'll take the demerits  ;)

Thanks!

Jeff

I think it wants the picture to be on the internet and the url to link to.

Yes, it needs a url .

Or...if you have a tablet, you can get an app called Image Link. It makes a link for any picture you have and you can just paste it between the two " Mona Lisa " brackets .

Moodle and everyone else:

Thanks! That all makes sense. Of course, none of my pics for Sharkey have a url. They're just shots that I have in Explorer on my computer.

Thanks anyway!

Jeff

Looking forward to these pictures Jeff!!

Hi All,

I wanted to check in with a milestone update.  Over the weekend I went below 0.25 mg K, which is a 75% reduction from where I started.  It's been a long road and I believe I can now see light at the end of the tunnel.  I am very sure I wouldn't have made it this far without micro-tapering.  So far I am coping with a 0.004 mg/day taper rate.  My symptoms are still tolerable, however, I believe I am feeling much more fatigued than a couple months ago.  I am hopeful that I can finish out my taper at the current rate, but am prepared to slow down if symptoms become too great.  If all goes well I will be finished in mid-September.

Hi All,

I wanted to check in with a milestone update.  Over the weekend I went below 0.25 mg K, which is a 75% reduction from where I started.  It's been a long road and I believe I can now see light at the end of the tunnel.  I am very sure I wouldn't have made it this far without micro-tapering.  So far I am coping with a 0.004 mg/day taper rate.  My symptoms are still tolerable, however, I believe I am feeling much more fatigued than a couple months ago.  I am hopeful that I can finish out my taper at the current rate, but am prepared to slow down if symptoms become too great.  If all goes well I will be finished in mid-September.

Great news Ben!  Very happy for you man.  That was a huge milestone for me also.  Fatigue was big for me at that dose also.  I think you will notice it getting better now as you get lower.  I felt a lot of healing through the symptoms when I got below .25mg.  I was at a rate of .0025mg a day so be prepared to slow down.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask a question for those who've micro-tapered the low doses.

Have you all found that a 10% reduction over say, 2 weeks when you are below 5mg of Valium is the same symptom wise as a 10% reduction over 2 weeks at the higher doses?

So... same symptoms when doing:

20-->18mg

...as....

5.5-->5mg (I've done this the past two weeks and it's been brutal)

?

I was hoping that somehow magically once I got down to the last third that %'s wouldn't really come into play as much... because if they do, it's going to be a lengthy taper even down from 5mg.

Thank you all.

[37...]

Hi All,

Congratulations Ben!!

That is a hugs accomplishment.

Wishing you smoothe sailing to the end!

Marija

Wow!  A 3 day inpatient taper off of WHAT. There's a psychiatrist here in my area that does 3 day tapers off of benzos in 3 days, but she fills people up with Depakote and a couple other things to prevent seizures. She has a horrible reputation. I mean, to get off a benzo, people HAVE to get other drugs to prevent seizures, right (and then they'd have to get off those drugs)? Or am I missing something? I just can't imagine getting off it in 3 days.

Man, this STINKS! Long way to go.

Next!!

Jeff

You know, she just said a benzo and I didn't ask. Maybe it was a slow benzo. They tried to do that to me with Librium when I was inpatient. Gave me one dose, said they would monitor me for withdrawal symptoms and that if in 24 hours I had none, they would let me go. I declined and checked out immediately.

Hi All,

Wow, fantastic, Ben!! You are almost there!

Hi All,

Great job Ben!!!  Congratulations!!

Hi BB's,

take care all,

shan

Hey Shannon,

Hugs,

doodle dog

hugs, shan

Hey Shannon,

Your nephew is a silly boy.  If he only knew.

Glad that it is going well for you.  I had extreme light sensitivity when I switched to the liquid.

Yes, indeed we are all walking each other home.

Hugs,

doodle dog

Hi All,

Bravo to you, Ben. 

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Hey guys,

Just wanted to ask a question for those who've micro-tapered the low doses.

Have you all found that a 10% reduction over say, 2 weeks when you are below 5mg of Valium is the same symptom wise as a 10% reduction over 2 weeks at the higher doses?

So... same symptoms when doing:

20-->18mg

...as....

5.5-->5mg (I've done this the past two weeks and it's been brutal)

?

I was hoping that somehow magically once I got down to the last third that %'s wouldn't really come into play as much... because if they do, it's going to be a lengthy taper even down from 5mg.

Thank you all.

As you get to the lower doses, the cuts can be felt easier.  That is why a lot of people slow down there taper towards the end.

Hey MT Buddies,

My pdoc gave me valium 2mg today.  So I guess I will try a cross over from the ativan.

She said there does not seem to be an exact equivalent to what I am currently taking.

Has anyone else switched over?  Any suggestions please.  I am not even sure if this is going to work.

If I currently take 1/4 of a 0.5mg pill twice daily how would that equal out in valium?

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Hey MT Buddies,

My pdoc gave me valium 2mg today.  So I guess I will try a cross over from the ativan.

She said there does not seem to be an exact equivalent to what I am currently taking.

Has anyone else switched over?  Any suggestions please.  I am not even sure if this is going to work.

If I currently take 1/4 of a 0.5mg pill twice daily how would that equal out in valium?

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Here are Ashton's charts on crossing over an equivalencies. Perhaps this will give you a start. I don't do math for peole though, because I am sure I will mess it up. (Especially after I already took my sleep med. ;))

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s1

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm