Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi BB,

Just an update on progress. I am now at .405mg and it has been a bit slower than I had hoped it would be, reducing at .0025 per cut.  I have found that with this MT I have to hold for about 2-2 and half days for my brain to re-adjust and settle down. With each cut the W/D symptoms act up again, tinnitus, knee joint pain, arm numbness and the horrible sweats. I hate the hot feeling and sweats. So it seems to be true thus far, the smaller the dose, the more sensitive I am, however I am continuing to push through knowing I will feel better in a day or so. Still, MT is SO much easier on me than C+H. Wish you all well with your MT.  :)                                                                                                                                                      Rose

Hello Rose,

Thanks for the  update.  Each update from fellow buddies is so encouraging; plus, it lets us know what to expect.

It is terrible the havoc these benzos have done to the body.

I ended up in the ER today because of shortness of breath, chest pain and arm numbness.  Of course, my heart is fine.  Think I am having some interdose withdrawals right now.  I am not even cutting right now.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doods, that is so scary about the ER! I had inter-dose withdrawal on Xanax when I wasn't cutting. I was sure I was having heart attack at one point but my fear of being made to spend the night in the hospital kept me from going in. And, of course, it really was just the darn Xanax. >:( or ;D depending on how you look at it!

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[a0...]

Hi BB,

Just an update on progress. I am now at .405mg and it has been a bit slower than I had hoped it would be, reducing at .0025 per cut.  I have found that with this MT I have to hold for about 2-2 and half days for my brain to re-adjust and settle down. With each cut the W/D symptoms act up again, tinnitus, knee joint pain, arm numbness and the horrible sweats. I hate the hot feeling and sweats. So it seems to be true thus far, the smaller the dose, the more sensitive I am, however I am continuing to push through knowing I will feel better in a day or so. Still, MT is SO much easier on me than C+H. Wish you all well with your MT.  :)                                                                                                                                                      Rose

Hello Rose,

Thanks for the  update.  Each update from fellow buddies is so encouraging; plus, it lets us know what to expect.

I ended up in the ER today because of shortness of breath, chest pain and arm numbness.  Of course, my heart is fine.  Think I am having some interdose withdrawals right now.  I am not even cutting right now.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doods, that is so scary about the ER! I had inter-dose withdrawal on Xanax when I wasn't cutting. I was sure I was having heart attack at one point but my fear of being made to spend the night in the hospital kept me from going in. And, of course, it really was just the darn Xanax. >:( or ;D depending on how you look at it!

Doodle,

I'm so sorry that you ended up in the ER. This such a difficult path. We fall down but get right back up and try again until we succeed.

Hope your symptoms have settled and tomorrow is much smoother for you.

Marija🌷

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Hi Gardener,

I started not to go and waited several hours to see if I felt better.  Finally the "what ifs" got to me.  Silly me.  A year ago August I was there for the exact same thing.  You think I would have learned my lesson then.  Darn benzos!

Hugs,

doodle dog

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle Dog,

So sorry to hear about your ER experience today. I am happy it was not your heart.  That is a relief. I have been to the ER a few times in the past because of symptoms--usually high blood pressure spikes. I hope that you feel better soon.

Anne

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Hi Gardener,

I started not to go and waited several hours to see if I felt better.  Finally the "what ifs" got to me.  Silly me.  A year ago August I was there for the exact same thing.  You think I would have learned my lesson then.  Darn benzos!

Hugs,

doodle dog

This merely proves that you are less phobic about hospitals than I am!  :laugh:

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle,

I'm so sorry that you ended up in the ER. This such a difficult path. We fall down but get right back up and try again until we succeed.

Marija🌷

Hello Marija,

Thanks so much.  Yep, I went down the wrong path and should have know better.  I went to the ER a year ago with the same sort of symptoms.  Going to the ER is too much like work by the time you have an EKG, chest xray and blood work.  Then they send you home with suggestions on how to  handle stress.  Boy is my face ever red. :-[

Since signing onto BB tonight and reading everyone's posts has really settled down my symptoms.

As Shannon said:  we are all walking each other home.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Hi Gardener,

Hugs,

doodle dog

This merely proves that you are less phobic about hospitals than I am!  :laugh:

Ha-ha.  I am actually very phobic about going but the obsessing over  the symptoms won out. (or is that lost out). :D

[a0...]

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle,

Marija🌷

Hello Marija,

Thanks so much.  Yep, I went down the wrong path and should have know better.  I went to the ER a year ago with the same sort of symptoms.  Going to the ER is too much like work by the time you have an EKG, chest xray and blood work.  Then they send you home with suggestions on how to  handle stress.  Boy is my face ever red. :-[

Since signing onto BB tonight and reading everyone's posts has really settled down my symptoms.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle,

Well said: a lot of effort to hear a few trite words to "manage your stress". 😁

At times, when feeling slammed by symptons & alone and uncertain, I will drive to the ER and park in the parking lot, or sit in the lobby until the symptoms run it's course.  I feel silly, but it works in a pinch.

Yup, walking each other home with authentic understanding.

🌺

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle Dog,

So sorry to hear about your ER experience today. I am happy it was not your heart.  That is a relief. I have been to the ER a few times in the past because of symptoms--usually high blood pressure spikes. I hope that you feel better soon.

Anne

Hi Anne,

So you have experienced the ER and all you have to go through while there.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  There were people much sicker than me there.

Thanks so much, Anne.  I hope you have not had anymore blood pressure spikes.

I truly have to find better ways to deal with interdose withdrawals. :)

Take care,

doodle dog

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle,

Marija🌷

Hello Marija,

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog

Doodle,

Well said: a lot of effort to hear a few trite words to "manage your stress". 😁

At times, when feeling slammed by symptons & alone and uncertain, I will drive to the ER and park in the parking lot, or sit in the lobby until the symptoms run it's course.  I feel silly, but it works in a pinch.

Yup, walking each other home with authentic understanding.

🌺

I did sit in the parking lot for quite sometime before going in.  Next time I will sit in the lobby and not register.  Then if I really do have a heart attack I will be in the right place.

Yes, I was feeling alone and uncertain.  Thanks for understanding.

Take care,

doodle

shan, yup, because I beat the system :)

haha! I love it! I'm not the biggest fan of the societal systems. I appreciate the big "A".

Congrats, again :)

Shan

Shannon,

How are you doing now that you are taking 3 doses/day instead of the 4?

Hi Anne,

It started out kind of by accident because I was taking 4 doses of Ativan, and then I sorta just took 3 by accident and noticed I started feeling better because of this. strange, huh?

Maybe as I get lower I will need to dose more often. but for now, i'll stick with 3 :)

Hi BB,

Hi Rose,

thanks for the update. It is so good you are making progress. the symptoms are a real pain an the butt, but at least they are predictable at this point, and you seem to recover after each cut. One day, in the not so distant future, you will be off these and heal fully. I'm excited for you. keep on keeping on :)

Shan

shan, yup, because I beat the system :)

haha! I love it! I'm not the biggest fan of the societal systems. I appreciate the big "A".

Congrats, again :)

Shan

I second that!

Shan, I left you a post on the substitution thread, wanting to thank you for stopping by with words of encouragement.

To repeat, I'm currently feeling like I've been schrooched by Gidney & Cloyd, the Moon Men from the Rocky and Bullwinkle slow.  Although improving from where I was, I believe the next step is daily, liquid taper. I will apply pressure to my reluctant Pdoc.

On the upside, I had a wonderful PT appointment today, with a professional who fully acknowledged this painful iatrogenic syndrome & will pull together resources to help manage the pain as best as possible. I was amazed, relieved and ever so grateful! 

How is your taper progessing?

Marija🌺

Oh good Marija. I will go check the thread out. I'm glad you had a good PT appointment. isn't it amazing how just a little acknowledgment and understanding can make the world of difference in our lives?! I'm glad you have this person on your team. I'm sure your taper will be made a bit easier because of it.

My taper is still on hold because of me switching over to liquid. once I am fully on it and doing ok, I'll start to cut again :)

hugs

shan

Doodle,

BIG CYBER HUG! I am so sorry to hear your day was so bad. By all means, go to the ER whenever you are in question--it is better safe than sorry. Lord, knows, I've been there several times over the years with benzo-related panic/symptoms. They can be so scary and so real. and to be alone and uncertain makes it even harder.

I'm glad everything was ok. and I'm glad coming back on the board has helped calm you a bit.

hang in there, Doodle. We are all here for you. Here is to a better tomorrow.

love , shan :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Doodle,

BIG CYBER HUG! I am so sorry to hear your day was so bad. By all means, go to the ER whenever you are in question--it is better safe than sorry. Lord, knows, I've been there several times over the years with benzo-related panic/symptoms. They can be so scary and so real. and to be alone and uncertain makes it even harder.

I'm glad everything was ok. and I'm glad coming back on the board has helped calm you a bit.

hang in there, Doodle. We are all here for you. Here is to a better tomorrow.

love , shan :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks so much, Shannon.  Big Cyber Hug back at you.  Thank you kindly for the understanding and support.

Good night and rest well.

doodle dog

I did sit in the parking lot for quite sometime before going in.  Next time I will sit in the lobby and not register. Then if I really do have a heart attack I will be in the right place.

Yes, I was feeling alone and uncertain.  Thanks for understanding.

Take care,

doodle

That is a fantastic idea! I will have to remember that one! ;D

Doodle Dog,  I'm so sorry you had to go through that. How frightening. Damn benzos :tickedoff: I hope you are doing better today :)  It stinks, never knowing what the day is going to be like, what W/D symptom will we deal with today? I know I have been needing to pull some beets to can pickled beets, and for three days now I have been too fatigued, am aiming for today now. Even though you aren't cutting at the moment, you are probally dealing with some tolerance W/D. Anyway, have a good day, Rose

Doodle Dog,  I'm so sorry you had to go through that. How frightening. Damn benzos :tickedoff: I hope you are doing better today :)  It stinks, never knowing what the day is going to be like, what W/D symptom will we deal with today? I know I have been needing to pull some beets to can pickled beets, and for three days now I have been too fatigued, am aiming for today now. Even though you aren't cutting at the moment, you are probally dealing with some tolerance W/D. Anyway, have a good day, Rose

Hi Rose. Oh, please come over to my garden-themed blog and post pictures of your beets!  :smitten:

Judy,

The daily cut would not be 7% it would be .7%.  Instead of cutting 10% and holding 14 days I suggested breaking it up into 14 small cuts 10%/14=.7%.  So each day you would drop by .7% and 14 of these will add up to 10%.

As Builder pointed out, another way to look at this is your current 10% cut is .5ml.  Instead of going immediately down by .5ml you would go down by .5ml/14=.036ml each day.

Well, I drank the full .5 mg dissolved tablet two days in a row and got some 1ml syringes from vet so I'm ready to start my daily liquid taper tomorrow as you suggested. However I am wondering if I am being premature in starting since between July 22 and July 28 I cut a total of .75mg and am only now beginning to recover from the WD I experienced.  My last cut was July 28, Tuesday .125mg. Starting Wednesday (7/29) I resumed taking the full .5mg dose and have been there for four days.  Should I give it a few more days or would starting tomorrow be ok? It will have been five days.

I agree with Gardener.  You just reinstated a big cut AND have just switched to liquid dosing.  I'd hold steady - maybe for a week or two - whatever is needed, especially if you are getting tangible results from holding.

What kind of "tangible results from holding" would I expect to have?

I am still missing something.  I started my liquid titration, mixing 0.5mg K into 100ml water for a daily .0025mg cut. If I do the same for 14 days and I will have cut by .035mg total over 14 days. Okay so far. My daily dose will be established at 0.4975mg. If I continue to increase the cut rate by only .1ml every two weeks I'll never finish. Am I supposed to cut the daily liquid by .5ml more every day so that by the end of 14 days my liquid cut is 1.4 ml. What am I missing? I am totally confused. Is there an excel spreadsheet that is available? Help!

I agree with Gardener.  You just reinstated a big cut AND have just switched to liquid dosing.  I'd hold steady - maybe for a week or two - whatever is needed, especially if you are getting tangible results from holding.

I am still missing something.  I started my liquid titration, mixing 0.5mg K into 100ml water for a daily .0025mg cut. If I do the same for 14 days and I will have cut by .035mg total over 14 days. Okay so far. My daily dose will be established at 0.4975mg. If I continue to increase the cut rate by only .1ml every two weeks I'll never finish. Am I supposed to cut the daily liquid by .5ml more every day so that by the end of 14 days my liquid cut is 1.4 ml. What am I missing? I am totally confused. Is there an excel spreadsheet that is available? Help!

You mix .5mg K into 100ml liquid.  Then you cut .5ml additional a day for 14 days.  So after 14 days you are tossing 7ml and drinking 93ml.

Day1: toss .5ml, drink 99.5

Day2: toss 1ml, drink 99

Day3: toss 1.5ml, drink 98.5

Day14: toss 7ml, drink 93

You mix .5mg K into 100ml liquid.  Then you cut .5ml additional a day for 14 days.  So after 14 days you are tossing 7ml and drinking 93ml.

Day1: toss .5ml, drink 99.5

Day2: toss 1ml, drink 99

Day3: toss 1.5ml, drink 98.5

Day14: toss 7ml, drink 93

Thank you SG. That is the only thing that makes sense. Somewhere I missed that.

Judy,

The daily cut would not be 7% it would be .7%.  Instead of cutting 10% and holding 14 days I suggested breaking it up into 14 small cuts 10%/14=.7%.  So each day you would drop by .7% and 14 of these will add up to 10%.

As Builder pointed out, another way to look at this is your current 10% cut is .5ml.  Instead of going immediately down by .5ml you would go down by .5ml/14=.036ml each day.

Well, I drank the full .5 mg dissolved tablet two days in a row and got some 1ml syringes from vet so I'm ready to start my daily liquid taper tomorrow as you suggested. However I am wondering if I am being premature in starting since between July 22 and July 28 I cut a total of .75mg and am only now beginning to recover from the WD I experienced.  My last cut was July 28, Tuesday .125mg. Starting Wednesday (7/29) I resumed taking the full .5mg dose and have been there for four days.  Should I give it a few more days or would starting tomorrow be ok? It will have been five days.

Well, I can't quite figure out all the embedded quotes, but I'm guessing "tangible results" means a lessening of your withdrawal symptoms.

:D Yay! I felt good enough today to pick my beets and am heating them in pickling liquid to can them! So happy to feel better, and so glad I only had to can peaches cause I still had tons of nectarines, pears, and applesauce from last year. Onward and upward!

Hi Rose,

Thanks so much.  Isn't that the truth that when cutting one does not know how they will feel from one day to the next.

Yes, I wasn't tolerating the liquid too well and went back on my pills.  I felt better for a couple of days then the tolerance thing started happening.

Today I still had lots of anxiety but the shortness of breath thing went away, so I was able to be productive.

Take care,

doodle dog