Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hey, can somebody tell me how to insert a picture into my post? I see the Mona Lisa icon on the toolbar, I click on it, and then it shows me a flashing cursor in between two bracketed...thing-a-ma-bobs. I tried to right-click and paste my image, but notta.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong or what I need to do? Gotta include some pics for Sharkey since we both graduated from the same college (of course, I'm old enough to be his Dad).

Sorry this wasn't a MT question. I'll take the demerits  ;)

Thanks!

Jeff

I think it wants the picture to be on the internet and the url to link to.

Yes, it needs a url .

Or...if you have a tablet, you can get an app called Image Link. It makes a link for any picture you have and you can just paste it between the two " Mona Lisa " brackets .

Moodle and everyone else:

Thanks! That all makes sense. Of course, none of my pics for Sharkey have a url. They're just shots that I have in Explorer on my computer.

Thanks anyway!

Jeff

Looking forward to these pictures Jeff!!

Ain't gonna happen, Sharkles. None of my pics have a url. All the pics are on my computer  :'(

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey MT Buddies,

My pdoc gave me valium 2mg today.  So I guess I will try a cross over from the ativan.

She said there does not seem to be an exact equivalent to what I am currently taking.

Has anyone else switched over?  Any suggestions please.  I am not even sure if this is going to work.

If I currently take 1/4 of a 0.5mg pill twice daily how would that equal out in valium?

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Here are Ashton's charts on crossing over an equivalencies. Perhaps this will give you a start. I don't do math for peole though, because I am sure I will mess it up. (Especially after I already took my sleep med. ;))

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s1

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Thanks Gardener.  I hope that you sleep well tonight.

doodle dog

Hey MT Buddies,

My pdoc gave me valium 2mg today.  So I guess I will try a cross over from the ativan.

She said there does not seem to be an exact equivalent to what I am currently taking.

Has anyone else switched over?  Any suggestions please.  I am not even sure if this is going to work.

If I currently take 1/4 of a 0.5mg pill twice daily how would that equal out in valium?

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

The Ashton equivalence is to times your current dose by ten so that should be 2.5 mg valium or 1.25 2x daily. Valium has to build in the blood serum for it to be effective for tapering, so it would be best to swap out your doses one at a time and to wait for two weeks between, i.e. swap out your morning dose of .25 ativan for 1.25 valium, wait two weeks and then swap out the evening dose and wait two weeks before starting to taper. Since your down so low you might also want to ask your prescriber to prescribe liquid v but it's also easy to make a solution with vodka. You can search for Okatz who has a link on her sig line for how to do it.

Hi doodle.

I switched from Ativan to Valium and had a pretty uneventful cross. The cross DOES work!

As jjrosk says, the information on vodka is in my signature as well as my tapering method (well, Diaz-Pam's tapering method, which I followed).

As you are going to get 2 mg valium pills, you can certainly make a "home brew" that will let you microtaper easily. 

Okatz

Hey MT Buddies,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

The Ashton equivalence is to times your current dose by ten so that should be 2.5 mg valium or 1.25 2x daily. Valium has to build in the blood serum for it to be effective for tapering, so it would be best to swap out your doses one at a time and to wait for two weeks between, i.e. swap out your morning dose of .25 ativan for 1.25 valium, wait two weeks and then swap out the evening dose and wait two weeks before starting to taper. Since your down so low you might also want to ask your prescriber to prescribe liquid v but it's also easy to make a solution with vodka. You can search for Okatz who has a link on her sig line for how to do it.

Thanks so much, JJ.  Much appreciated.

I told my pdoc that I was having a difficult time with the ativan liquid taper so she thought it may be the same with liquid valium.  We will see.

Guess, I will cross the to pills first.

Thanks again.

doodle dog

Hey MT Buddies,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Hi Doodle :thumbsup: I was on Ativan at one time and 1mg Ativan is equal to 10mg Valium and 2mg Ativan Equals 20 mg Valium.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey MT Buddies,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Hi Doodle :thumbsup: I was on Ativan at one time and 1mg Ativan is equal to 10mg Valium and 2mg Ativan Equals 20 mg Valium.

Sorry I see now you take 0.5 Ativan which is 5mg Valium.

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hey MT Buddies,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Correcting myself again  ::) 1/4 Ativan 0.5= 2 and a half mg Valium. :thumbsup:

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I'll be watching for that streak of fire! 

I, too, am in awe of NYCwaverider - incredible. I have a friend who recently tapered 3 mg of klonopin, was on for 5 years give or take, taper off in about 3-4 months with only a week long headache for battle scares. We are all uniquely made, that's for sure.

First things first. Get your script and then one foot in front of the other.

🙌 Marija

3-4 months??!!!  It's official....I'm now full-blown depressed :'(

And I met someone today who did a 3-day inpatient taper and felt sick for about a week, like she had the flu, and then was fine.  I told her I feel every little cut. She thought I was nuts!

Yeah, the range of withdrawal on these drugs are staggering. My sister tapered off of the same amount I was originally on in six weeks with no problem what so ever. You just never know until you find out if you won the benzo s*** lottery or not.

JJ,

And, your sister, my friend, etc, seem to be the norm and why we struggle for validity.

How are feeling post jump?

Marija

I'm feeling so so Marija, nothing has really significantly changed for the last couple of months finishing up my taper and now post taper. At least it's not getting any worse. It's a little hard to say because I've been in withdrawal so long at this point that I'm losing a reference for what well feels like, but I'd say I'm maybe at around 60% healed?

That's awesome JJ. 60% healed is really good. I know the 40% still feels huge, but it's exciting for us still in the throws of the taper to hear about 60% healing :))))

does the big "A" sign on your signature stand for Anarchy?

shan

Hi All,

I wanted to check in with a milestone update.  Over the weekend I went below 0.25 mg K, which is a 75% reduction from where I started.  It's been a long road and I believe I can now see light at the end of the tunnel.  I am very sure I wouldn't have made it this far without micro-tapering.  So far I am coping with a 0.004 mg/day taper rate.  My symptoms are still tolerable, however, I believe I am feeling much more fatigued than a couple months ago.  I am hopeful that I can finish out my taper at the current rate, but am prepared to slow down if symptoms become too great.  If all goes well I will be finished in mid-September.

whooo hoooo! That is awesome, Ben. Thanks for stopping by and giving us the update. It really is encouraging to hear. Please keep us posted as you get down even lower!!!

hugs

shan

shan, yup, because I beat the system :)

haha! I love it! I'm not the biggest fan of the societal systems. I appreciate the big "A".

Congrats, again :)

Shan

haha! I love it! I'm not the biggest fan of the societal systems. I appreciate the big "A".

Shan

Shannon,

How are you doing now that you are taking 3 doses/day instead of the 4?

Hi BB,

Just an update on progress. I am now at .405mg and it has been a bit slower than I had hoped it would be, reducing at .0025 per cut.  I have found that with this MT I have to hold for about 2-2 and half days for my brain to re-adjust and settle down. With each cut the W/D symptoms act up again, tinnitus, knee joint pain, arm numbness and the horrible sweats. I hate the hot feeling and sweats. So it seems to be true thus far, the smaller the dose, the more sensitive I am, however I am continuing to push through knowing I will feel better in a day or so. Still, MT is SO much easier on me than C+H. Wish you all well with your MT.  :)                                                                                                                                                      Rose

Hello everyone!

I've been away trying to sort out my health insurance, which has postponed me beginning my routine. I wanna start this week, no excuses, but I was wondering where I might find all the things I need: 100ml beaker, etc......?

Hello everyone!

I've been away trying to sort out my health insurance, which has postponed me beginning my routine. I wanna start this week, no excuses, but I was wondering where I might find all the things I need: 100ml beaker, etc......?

Amazon

[ce...]

Shan

I second that!

Shan, I left you a post on the substitution thread, wanting to thank you for stopping by with words of encouragement.

To repeat, I'm currently feeling like I've been schrooched by Gidney & Cloyd, the Moon Men from the Rocky and Bullwinkle slow.  Although improving from where I was, I believe the next step is daily, liquid taper. I will apply pressure to my reluctant Pdoc.

On the upside, I had a wonderful PT appointment today, with a professional who fully acknowledged this painful iatrogenic syndrome & will pull together resources to help manage the pain as best as possible. I was amazed, relieved and ever so grateful! 

How is your taper progessing?

Marija🌺

Hi BB,

Just an update on progress. I am now at .405mg and it has been a bit slower than I had hoped it would be, reducing at .0025 per cut.  I have found that with this MT I have to hold for about 2-2 and half days for my brain to re-adjust and settle down. With each cut the W/D symptoms act up again, tinnitus, knee joint pain, arm numbness and the horrible sweats. I hate the hot feeling and sweats. So it seems to be true thus far, the smaller the dose, the more sensitive I am, however I am continuing to push through knowing I will feel better in a day or so. Still, MT is SO much easier on me than C+H. Wish you all well with your MT.  :)                                                                                                                                                      Rose

Rose, I'm crossing over now so not cutting, but I was also only MT cutting every other day. It was all I could handle and way slower than I wanted. We'll be slow but we will get there! :thumbsup:

Hello everyone!

amazon.com (my favorite store)  :)

Ain't gonna happen, Sharkles. None of my pics have a url. All the pics are on my computer  :'(

Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

If I can figure out how to post my pics online, anybody can! Truly! 8)

Hey MT Buddies,

Thanks so much.

doodle dog

Correcting myself again  ::) 1/4 Ativan 0.5= 2 and a half mg Valium. :thumbsup:

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hello Nova,

Thank you kindly for the info.  Much appreciated.

How are you doing?

Hugs,

doodle dog

Hi doodle.

I switched from Ativan to Valium and had a pretty uneventful cross. The cross DOES work!

As jjrosk says, the information on vodka is in my signature as well as my tapering method (well, Diaz-Pam's tapering method, which I followed).

As you are going to get 2 mg valium pills, you can certainly make a "home brew" that will let you microtaper easily. 

Okatz

Hey Okatz,

So glad to hear that the cross over worked well for you.  That's encouraging.

Once done with that I can follow your directions for the "home brew."

Thanks so much.

doodle dog :thumbsup:

Doodle Dog,

You are on 0.25 mg/day Ativan so you would take 2.5 mg valium/day.

Thanks so much, Anne.

All of  you Buddies are the best.

Take care,

doodle dog

Hi BB,

Hello Rose,

Thanks for the  update.  Each update from fellow buddies is so encouraging; plus, it lets us know what to expect.

It is terrible the havoc these benzos have done to the body.

I ended up in the ER today because of shortness of breath, chest pain and arm numbness.  Of course, my heart is fine.  Think I am having some interdose withdrawals right now.  I am not even cutting right now.

Here's to our healing.

doodle dog