• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all x I’m holding at the moment but asking for future. I’m not sure how to microtaper. Do u take out 1ml of liquid per how many days? I want to keep going but last cut I did was from 1.42mg to 1.39mg and I hit the wall but think it was a combo of things not just the cut. How much do u guys reduce by? And how often ?

Shayna, I use a 1 ml syringe to make really small reductions. If your solution is .1 mg/ml then I would suggest something like .005 mg reductions per day. That would be a reduction of .05 ml a day and you can fairly easily measure that with a 1 ml syringe.

Shayna thank you for asking that question I am wondering that too.  I want to start DLMT and my solution is 2mg/ml I'm not sure how much to reduce I've had a hard time with a 1% reduction cut and hold.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be so dumb but my brain won't let me figure this out.  Think I'm really scared of making myself feel worse.  I am at .556 mg Ativan using the liquid 2mg/ml mixing 1 ml liquid ativan with enough water to make 300 ml.  Dosing 17.8 ml 3x/day and 35.6 ml at bedtime.   How would I figure out my amounts if I want to taper at 2.3% per month using the DLMT?

Thank you Dianedeedee

>Report This Post

[a6...]

If each day you multiply your most recent dose times 0.99923, it will work out to approximately a 2.3% reduction per month.

0.99923^30 = ~.977

General equation...

=EXP(LN(1-reduction)/30)

Hi all,

I need some direction please regarding daily tapering. I recently had a bad result trying to switch to Valium from Ativan. I am now coming off Valium before I start my Ativan taper.

I have terrible withdrawal from cut and hold m. I don’t have scales to do dark cut safely it sounds complicated for my brain right now.

I’d like to taper off Ativan initially using tablets and liquid compounded from the pharmacy.

Questions regarding compounded liquid: I’d prefer to continue to use Ativan and not the generic Lorazapam if possible. Does anyone know if this is available in liquid form?

If a liquid is compounded what questions should I be asking regarding additives? How is it compounded and with what? Eg. Someone on this site has theirs compunded with almond oil?

Best compounded liquid recommendations in Australia? (most similar to Ativan)

Typical concentration mg/ml? Or please recommend for easy daily calculations.

Secondly, please help with calculations. Apparently there is a spreadsheet somewhere on here but I can’t find it.

Current dose 1.5mg 6Am, 0.5mg 1pm, 0.5mg 9.30pm

Will tablet using Ativan for 1mg & 0.5mg doses. Would like to use liquid to reduce starting with Am dose 1.5mg

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Aim 2.5% -5% reduction every 14 days depending on side effects.

Thanks everyone for you help

I am at .556 mg Ativan using the liquid 2mg/ml mixing 1 ml liquid ativan with enough water to make 300 ml.  Dosing 17.8 ml 3x/day and 35.6 ml at bedtime.

Hello, Dianedeedee.  If you are drinking 89mLs a day of a liquid with a concentration of 0.0066666/mL, you are ingesting 0.593mg of drug. Here’s the math:

2mg of lorazepam in 300mL of liquid = 2 / 300 = 0.0066666mg/mL

17.8mL + 17.8mL + 17.8 mL + 35.6mL = 89mL total per day

0.0066666mg/mL x 89mL = 0.59333274mg

I am at .556 mg Ativan using the liquid 2mg/ml mixing 1 ml liquid ativan with enough water to make 300 ml.  Dosing 17.8 ml 3x/day and 35.6 ml at bedtime.

Hello, Dianedeedee.  If you are drinking 89mLs a day of a liquid with a concentration of 0.0066666/mL, you are ingesting 0.593mg of drug. Here’s the math:

2mg of lorazepam in 300mL of liquid = 2 / 300 = 0.0066666mg/mL

17.8mL + 17.8mL + 17.8 mL + 35.6mL = 89mL total per day

0.0066666mg/mL x 89mL = 0.59333274mg

Libertas I am so confused!!!  So my bottle of liquid Ativan says 2mg/ml and when I pull 1 ml out to make my solution of 300 ml I have been getting too much?  I was at .562 mg when I switched to the liquid since then I thought that I was decreasing my dose. 😭😭😭

Hello Dianedeedee.  Are you asking if 1mL of your 2mg/mL oral solution contains 2mg of lorazepam?  If so, then yes.  Do you then add 299mL of water to the 1mL of oral solution for a total volume of 300mL?

I guess its my fault for thinking that I had reduced lower than what I had I didn't completely understand all the calculations.  I just want off this stuff and was trying to take the easiest route.  Thank you Libertas for clearing up my calculation.  Appreciate your help.

Diane

You are headed in the right direction dose-wise — downwards!  The instructions you were given included a slight updose. That’s why you are at a slightly higher dose than you thought.

I would love to join this support group.  I started tapering 20 mg of Diazapam in August.  I started with cut and hold 1 mg down to 16.  Then, my gut was telling me I needed to microtaper to make a smoother transition for my brain.  I cut one mg by going down .003 (dry microtaper using two scales to double check) each day and I held over Christmas to enjoy the holidays.  I'm so glad I did because that 1 mg really hit me.  I am now going down .002 each day which equals 1/2 mg a month.  It takes me 20 days to cut 1/2 mg and then I hold 8 days.  This has been working well so far.  Would love to hear all of you share your process.  Do you cut a certain amount each month and hold a certain amount?  Do you just cut until your body tells you to hold. 

I would love to join this support group.  I started tapering 20 mg of Diazapam in August.  I started with cut and hold 1 mg down to 16.  Then, my gut was telling me I needed to microtaper to make a smoother transition for my brain.  I cut one mg by going down .003 (dry microtaper using two scales to double check) each day and I held over Christmas to enjoy the holidays.  I'm so glad I did because that 1 mg really hit me.  I am now going down .002 each day which equals 1/2 mg a month.  It takes me 20 days to cut 1/2 mg and then I hold 8 days.  This has been working well so far.  Would love to hear all of you share your process.  Do you cut a certain amount each month and hold a certain amount?  Do you just cut until your body tells you to hold.

Mine has been a long and crazy taper, and I learned simply to cut only when I felt like my body could tolerate it...a symptoms-base taper. It made it all much more manageable even though I had to hold often due to life challenges. I'm seriously thankful that a was and have been doing a liquid taper so I could do tiny cuts as needed. Our best to you!!

THanks Ultra 2007,  I do like the symptom based approach.  I"m one of those people that always has symptoms but they are manageable and I am functional (working from home/taking care of family).  I feel bad when I'm cutting but I also feel bad when I'm holding so....I guess I just keep chipping away.  TG

Hi Tallgolfer I just started DLMT last week not quite sure about it yet.  I'm kind of like you feel bad when I taper and when I hold.  I started the DLMT very slow hoping ill be able to increase soon.  Good luck!

The best thing I did was change to liquid taper at around 2 mg.

Another good thing I did was move to just taking it at night; was difficult psychologically though but once done, great.

Thanks everyone. Keep us all posted on how you are doing.  I was thinking of moving over to a liquid titration after I get to 8 mg. but I've become a dry microtapering expert, so I might just stick to this.  But I can see how moving to liquid at 2 would be a good idea. TG 

Hi,

I'd like to join this group, because hopefully I want to be able to do a daily micro taper. Right now I am transitioning from a .5 mg ATIVAN pill to 1 ML of liquid ATIVAN. As soon as I stabilize on the liquid (which should be shortly) I would like to begin to micro taper daily.  For the transition to liquid I am using a syringe that is 1 ML with 10 .1 ML incremental measurements marked on the body of the syringe. Between each .1 ML measurement there are lines that measure off in .02 ML amounts. I currently am taking 1 ML dosage a day, right before bedtime.

I am not sure how I should start micro tapering each day and how much should I taper each day? Do I need a syringe with smaller more detailed measurements so I can make smaller cuts? How many times each day should I be taking and cutting my dosage? 

I really appreciate any help and guidance anyone can provide me on this.

Thank you! :smitten: