Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Ultra I know you didn't ask me but it sounds like a patch of eczema. I got those as well and just put some cream on that i bought at the drug store and it went away. I also got weird rashes - and people here told me it was histamine from my taper.  They came with no rhyme or reason and again I used a creme or in some cases had to take an antihistamine.  Just the weird things that happen to us when we taper.  We forget that our skin is our largest organ and also impacted by this drug. 

BTW If you are really concerned see a dermatologist.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[06...]
A CCS is a Crisis Stabilization Service. It's like a step below a psych ward. I can leave whenever I want as opposed to being in a locked down unit.

Thanks Fuzzy,

That's a good place, we have a few of those here where i live and they can be a great place for some respite....hope it is so for you.

SS

Hi I am currently on .06 klonopin and have been doing a dry cut using grams scale. My sxs are pretty bad and I have not been able to stabilize even going super slow at about 10% every 2-4 weeks. The DLMT sounds strange I can’t really wrap my mind around it nor do I understand how to do a daily dry cut taper using the scale. I feel like I need to change my taper method somehow but I don’t want to get any worse. Any suggestions or feedback much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi I am currently on .06 klonopin and have been doing a dry cut using grams scale. My sxs are pretty bad and I have not been able to stabilize even going super slow at about 10% every 2-4 weeks. The DLMT sounds strange I can’t really wrap my mind around it nor do I understand how to do a daily dry cut taper using the scale. I feel like I need to change my taper method somehow but I don’t want to get any worse. Any suggestions or feedback much appreciated. Thanks!

1)  A daily taper (liquid or scales) just means instead of making a relatively big cut periodically, you make a tiny cut each day.  For example, instead of cutting 1 mg every 10 days, you would cut .1mg each day.  Then your body is not shocked by a sudden major change in dosage.

2)  Liquid just allows you to measure in much smaller increments, and make much smaller dose changes.  For example, about the smallest you can cut a 2mg tablets is about .5mg.  With liquid, you could easily measure down to .01 (hundredths) of a mg.  Using scales, you can also make very tiny reductions, but its much more labor intensive than liquid.

I hope to start daily micro tapering within a month.

Start dose: Temezepam 60 mgs per day

Capsule dose 30 mgs

Number of capsules: 2

Taper rate 10% every three weeks

Cylinder size 100 mls with 1 ml increments

Hope you can do the math, and help me figure out the daily dose reduction.

Good to be on board.

Youghal

I hope to start daily micro tapering within a month.

Start dose: Temezepam 60 mgs per day

Capsule dose 30 mgs

Number of capsules: 2

Taper rate 10% every three weeks

Cylinder size 100 mls with 1 ml increments

Hope you can do the math, and help me figure out the daily dose reduction.

Good to be on board.

Youghal

60mg X 10% = 6mg

6mg/21 days = .29mg/day reduction (round up to .3mg)

If you do a .1mg per ml solution, the .3mg daily reduction is 3ml daily reduction.

[06...]

Hi all,

I posted a few days ago that I had been in Crisis Stabilization Service unit and I just got home yesterday. I felt I needed to have a medication evaluation as I was just way too unstable to try any sort of taper. While there I was put on Amitriptyline and Propananol (by choice, they tried to push Seroquel and I said no way) and as I said before since I was away from home I obviously had to stop my dry cut taper that I started on November 17th and go up to 2.5 for a night.

Anyways it could just be the placebo effect but yesterday was one of the best days I've had in a really long time. I ate dinner with my family, was able to relax and watch TV and for the first time since I started my taper I wasn't bombarded with constant intrusive thoughts which made it impossible to ever get any respite (which is what sent me to the ER three times in two weeks and ultimately made me decide to go to the CCS). Last night I resumed where I had left off with my taper (.146 g's out of the starting .172 for one .5 mg tablet from my total 2.5 mg dosage) and I am immediately back to feeling horrible. I am wondering if I should just go back to 2.5 and hold for a while as I get acclimated to the new meds before I try any sort of taper. I am just so unstable and I worry about all the changes being made to my CNS and just don't know what else to do at this point.

Thanks builder. I am interested in trying this. Since i am already down to .06 k I am not sure what size pill I would disintegrate in water? I have .5 mg pills which last 4-6 Days or more with the dry cuts. Would I disintegrate that pill then divide it up into .06 doses and keep the water solution in the fridge? This is where I’m unclear. Thanks for any tips.

Thanks builder. I am interested in trying this. Since i am already down to .06 k I am not sure what size pill I would disintegrate in water? I have .5 mg pills which last 4-6 Days or more with the dry cuts. Would I disintegrate that pill then divide it up into .06 doses and keep the water solution in the fridge? This is where I’m unclear. Thanks for any tips.

1)  You can NOT just use water.  K is NOT water-soluble.  You must first dissolve your tablet in a small amount of a solvent (vodka or propylene glycol), then dilute it with water.

2)  You solution should be kept at room temp in a covered glass container.  It will not be perishable, and there will be no loss of potency.

3)  I would recommend you dissolve  .5mgK in 1ml PG or vodka, and add 49ml water.  You then have 50ml dilute liquid K, .01mg per ml.

So your current dose of .06mg would be 6ml of the liquid.  If you lowered your dose by .05ml each day, that would be about a 8%/2 week cut rate.  You can choose any cut rate that you think will work for you.

I haven't been on in awhile.  I just wanted to post to give some hope.

I have been doing the daily micro taper for 4 months now.  I started tapering this way at 5mg liquid diazepam.  I was in bad shape after a rapid taper, reinstatement, then another bad cut AND updose that made things worse.

Since micro tapering I have lost most of my horrible symptoms and I'm living my life.  I still have symptoms but I'm able to homeschool my kids and do things most days.  I tend to get an uptick in symptoms at certain times of my hormone cycle.

The micro taper has saved me.  I started by cutting .01mg a day then moved up to .0125mg a day.  I hold one or two days at the most occasionally if symptoms start to increase. 

I think the key is finding your perfect rate that you can taper from everyday.  It seems to be nudging my brain to heal.  Its going to take a ridiculously long time to cut my remaining 3.73mg but its worth it if I will be healed or close to healed at the end. 

I was barely functioning in July at 5mg.  I'm down to 3.73mg and feel MUCH better because I cut very very small cuts on a daily basis.

I don't come on here much because I try to stay away from benzo groups lately for my own healing.  If I accidentally read a scary story it sends me down that dark path of fear.  But I really wanted to put something positive up.  I pray this continues for me.

I have been doing the daily micro taper for 4 months now.  I started tapering this way at 5mg liquid diazepam.  I was in bad shape after a rapid taper, reinstatement, then another bad cut AND updose that made things worse.

Since micro tapering I have lost most of my horrible symptoms and I'm living my life.  I still have symptoms but I'm able to homeschool my kids and do things most days.  I tend to get an uptick in symptoms at certain times of my hormone cycle.

The micro taper has saved me.  I started by cutting .01mg a day then moved up to .0125mg a day.  I hold one or two days at the most occasionally if symptoms start to increase. 

I think the key is finding your perfect rate that you can taper from everyday.  It seems to be nudging my brain to heal.  Its going to take a ridiculously long time to cut my remaining 3.73mg but its worth it if I will be healed or close to healed at the end. 

I was barely functioning in July at 5mg.  I'm down to 3.73mg and feel MUCH better because I cut very very small cuts on a daily basis.

I don't come on here much because I try to stay away from benzo groups lately for my own healing.  If I accidentally read a scary story it sends me down that dark path of fear.  But I really wanted to put something positive up.  I pray this continues for me.

Great post Pooky75,

thanks for this encouragement!

so glad that things are going well for you with the taper....

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi DLMT,

After a bit of a hold I am ready to start tapering my Xanax again.  Part of what was tricky for me -- and possibly for others on such strong benzos is that the concentration I had been using meant that one drop  of liquid could mean the difference between a good day and a day that was ...... tough.

So I've made my liquid in a concentration of .5mg of Xanax to 100ml of liquid. This will allow me much more control over how much I'm dropping per day as the numbers in mg are so ridiculously small.  (.001-.002 or less ).  This may not be a new way to taper with Xanax but it'll be new for me...

I'm really hoping to find a number where I can drop daily and keep up with my body.

I'm feeling pretty positive about the upcoming taper.

So glad this thread is here and that we're sticking together through this thing.

SS

Suffering Sixty

Yup!  I dilute with 100ml as well.  I taper from valium so I'm not familiar with xanax equivalencies but I would start super low.  Lower than you want and stay at that daily cut rate for 2 weeks.  If you feel ok slightly increase your daily cut rate for another 2 weeks and then judge how you feel.  This is a safer way to find you optimal cut rate.  Just don't go too high.  The good thing about the daily micro taper is your body will give you little warnings that you may need to hold for a few days or lower your cut rate because your cutting sooo small.  I don't think it is likely to be hit with huge symptoms out of nowhere.  Just pay attention to your body.

Also its really important to avoid foods containing high MSG as that increases symptoms.

:)

Suffering Sixty

Yup!  I dilute with 100ml as well.  I taper from valium so I'm not familiar with xanax equivalencies but I would start super low.  Lower than you want and stay at that daily cut rate for 2 weeks.  If you feel ok slightly increase your daily cut rate for another 2 weeks and then judge how you feel.  This is a safer way to find you optimal cut rate.  Just don't go too high.  The good thing about the daily micro taper is your body will give you little warnings that you may need to hold for a few days or lower your cut rate because your cutting sooo small.  I don't think it is likely to be hit with huge symptoms out of nowhere.  Just pay attention to your body.

Also its really important to avoid foods containing high MSG as that increases symptoms.

:)

Thanks for the tips Pooky75  :thumbsup:  Xanax is a different animal than Valium, so the concentration is less -- but I've had some success with LMT.  Changing the concentration is giving me renewed confidence that I can taper daily and do OK with that.  This is such a good method!

Hope you continue to do well, that we all continue to do well!

SS

Thanks builder. This is all very scary to me as I am super bad at math and measurements. My 14 year old son is doing great in math at school so he will help me. And I’ll watch some YouTube videos. I imagine it’s normal to have some fear when switching tapering methods. I’ve done that once before and it was so so bad. But I’m willing to try this method. Some people do half dry and half liquid what do people think about that? Is there a potential for c/o sxs? Thanks!

Thanks builder. This is all very scary to me as I am super bad at math and measurements. My 14 year old son is doing great in math at school so he will help me. And I’ll watch some YouTube videos. I imagine it’s normal to have some fear when switching tapering methods. I’ve done that once before and it was so so bad. But I’m willing to try this method. Some people do half dry and half liquid what do people think about that? Is there a potential for c/o sxs? Thanks!

1)  Youtube videos are probably a BAD idea.  Many are filled with misinformation, and many make a very simple concept seem unnecessarily complex.

2)  Switching to liquid is NOT a "crossover".  It's taking exact same med in liquid instead of tablets.

3)  Yes, you can do part dry and part liquid, but at your really low dose, that doesn't seem to make much sense.  How would you even divide part of a .06mg dose other than with diluted liquid?

Ultra I know you didn't ask me but it sounds like a patch of eczema. I got those as well and just put some cream on that i bought at the drug store and it went away. I also got weird rashes - and people here told me it was histamine from my taper.  They came with no rhyme or reason and again I used a creme or in some cases had to take an antihistamine.  Just the weird things that happen to us when we taper.  We forget that our skin is our largest organ and also impacted by this drug. 

BTW If you are really concerned see a dermatologist.

Yeh, the cortisone cream didn't help, but it's finally starting to dissipate a little. Going really slow, but it'll get there. So many weird things with this taper game!! I hadn't cut any for months and months until recently, so I guess my body is shocked back into reality now. Onwards we go!!! Thanks!

THANK YOU POOKY!!! so very nice to hear from you and even better that you are tapering so well. Wise words to share w us! The hormone thing can be difficult, I empathize whole heartedly. You will conquer this and cross that finish line victoriously. :smitten:

... Question for ya, Gard: Have you ever had (or know anyone else who has) a small skin break-out of some kind? I know it's not a taper question, but just thought I'd ask.  I have a small place about 2 inches in diameter on my lower calf that seems irritated. It's not real sore, but it's there. It's "raised" a little from my skin...a red, patchy area. Had the same thing in the same place on my other calf too! It kind of dried up, but I can still see where it was. Pretty sure it's not a bug bite. Odd that it's almost the same thing in the same area on my two calves. Nothing surprises me with all of this taper stuff, but still thought I'd check in.

Keep holding the fort down!! See ya...

Jeff

Well that sounds super annoying! I've never heard of that, though. Would agree with Girl's comments.

Gard :)

A CCS is a Crisis Stabilization Service. It's like a step below a psych ward. I can leave whenever I want as opposed to being in a locked down unit.

Wow, that's a nice alternative to have. Around here everybody gets immediately put on the locked ward. Stupidest idea ever and traumatizing to many people.

Hi DLMT,

After a bit of a hold I am ready to start tapering my Xanax again.  Part of what was tricky for me -- and possibly for others on such strong benzos is that the concentration I had been using meant that one drop  of liquid could mean the difference between a good day and a day that was ...... tough.

So I've made my liquid in a concentration of .5mg of Xanax to 100ml of liquid. This will allow me much more control over how much I'm dropping per day as the numbers in mg are so ridiculously small.  (.001-.002 or less ).  This may not be a new way to taper with Xanax but it'll be new for me...

I'm really hoping to find a number where I can drop daily and keep up with my body.

I'm feeling pretty positive about the upcoming taper.

So glad this thread is here and that we're sticking together through this thing.

SS

When I was on X, that's what I did. Well, OK, that's what I did after first trying to taper liquid X without diluting it. ::)  BAD PLAN!  :tickedoff:

I think you'll be fine with your method.  :thumbsup:

1)  Youtube videos are probably a BAD idea.  Many are filled with misinformation, and many make a very simple concept seem unnecessarily complex.

2)  Switching to liquid is NOT a "crossover".  It's taking exact same med in liquid instead of tablets.

3)  Yes, you can do part dry and part liquid, but at your really low dose, that doesn't seem to make much sense.  How would you even divide part of a .06mg dose other than with diluted liquid?

I watched some videos on how to liquid taper and have to agree. Some are just plain wrong. Many contradict each other and are confusing.

I did find helpful some videos created to help students learn how to measure properly with oral syringes and graduated cylinders.

As for math, use this forum! :thumbsup:

I watched some videos on how to liquid taper and have to agree. Some are just plain wrong. Many contradict each other and are confusing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: