Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Need some advice:

Did anyone else experience diarrhea when they switched from dry tabs to PG/liquid?

I am doing micro tapering with my AM K dose of 0.5 mg; PM K dose remains 0.5 mg tab. Today is day 6 of PG/water and have severe diarrhea. Is this common? Does it eventually get better? 

Someone else in this this support group suggested I dissolve my Mylan K tabs in a bit of water before adding the PG. Thank you to whoever suggested this: it works!!!!

Again, I keep thanking everyone on this thread for assistance, patience, support, advice and encouragement. Y'all don't know how much that means to me when all my pdoc does it write the monthly K script.

I appreciate all who read this and anyone who can advise me about the "new" sxs that has developed over the last 24 hours.

Sunshine and warm weather in Florida, Pooh  :smitten:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE HELP

I've been holding for 11 days because I thought I had the flu. Was sleeping ok. 2 nights ago a changed from a 5mg v to 2 and 1/2 2's equaling 5. Sleep stopped last 2 nights. Could this have caused it.

You new "symptom" has nothing to do with PG, or your taper.

Thanks again, Builder

BTW, I know you have been experiencing anxiety about starting your taper, and the anxiety  by itself can trigger digestive disorders, including diarrhea. 

I need help on grade school arithmetic and hoping builder will chime in with his ever-so-helpful-and-patient advice as I have severe benzo brain malfunction. 

I need to double my solution because starting tomorrow I will be taking half of my dose in liquid which is more than I've been doing. Tomorrow I will take 1 mg in dry tablet (half of a 2 mg) and 9.7 ml in liquid which equals a 1.97 mg dose.

I currently dissolve two 5 mg diazepam tablets (10 mg) in 20 ml PG.  Then I add 80 ml water.  That gives me a 10 ml/1 mg ratio.  Correct? 

So, the recipe for doubling would be:

Four 5 mg diazepam tablets = 20 mg

Dissolve in 40 ml PG

Add 160 ml water

This would yield 200 ml/20 mg = 10 ml/1 mg.  Is this correct? 

Just want to be sure before I do it!  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help and confirm!

I need help on grade school arithmetic and hoping builder will chime in with his ever-so-helpful-and-patient advice as I have severe benzo brain malfunction. 

I need to double my solution because starting tomorrow I will be taking half of my dose in liquid which is more than I've been doing. Tomorrow I will take 1 mg in dry tablet (half of a 2 mg) and 9.7 ml in liquid which equals a 1.97 mg dose.

I currently dissolve two 5 mg diazepam tablets (10 mg) in 20 ml PG.  Then I add 80 ml water.  That gives me a 10 ml/1 mg ratio.  Correct? 

So, the recipe for doubling would be:

Four 5 mg diazepam tablets = 20 mg

Dissolve in 40 ml PG

Add 160 ml water

This would yield 200 ml/20 mg = 10 ml/1 mg.  Is this correct? 

Just want to be sure before I do it!  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help and confirm!

All correct.  :thumbsup:

Thanks again, Builder

BTW, I know you have been experiencing anxiety about starting your taper, and the anxiety  by itself can trigger digestive disorders, including diarrhea.

Thanks, Builder, appreciate your input as always . . .

Pooh  :smitten:

Thanks again, Builder

Holy cow, that's so true!! Anxiety about the taper or ANYTHING will make things tons worse. I'd focus a lot more on chilling the mind out by doing anything to help the psychological shift from "negative worry" to "positive belief". Things that helped me a lot: meditation, grounding/earthing, various forms of deep breathing, cutting out sugar and processed foods, coffee enemas, eating plenty of healthy fats, time in quiet nature, etc. etc. The body follows the mind. Relax the mind and see if results are any better.

Thanks for always chiming in so wonderfully, Builder!

My best to all of you/us.

Jeff

I'm going thru a very bad time with sleep. Dr wrote a rx for remeron.  The horror stories scare me so much. I am afraid to take it. Anyone have any positive stories?

I'm going thru a very bad time with sleep. Dr wrote a rx for remeron.  The horror stories scare me so much. I am afraid to take it. Anyone have any positive stories?

Saved me!  I wasn't sleeping at all and with 7.5 I sleep like a baby....

You can always try it out for a couple of nights and see how it works for you....

SS

I took 30mg/day for about 3 years.  When I stopped, I did a 2 week taper, 15mg/7 days, 7.5mg/ 7 days, then stopped.  Zero WD sxs. 

Then I occasionally too a tiny dose (3.75-7.5mg) if I had sleep problems.

It is a powerful sleep aid, especially in small doses.  It has a very safe side effect profile, and most folks find it easy to discontinue.

You will find horror stories about every med imaginable here on BB...not exactly a representative sample group.

During my recent dip lasting 9 days, I upped my traxadone from 60 to 100. I'm better, can I go back to 60 reducing 10mg per Nite? If insomnia could result, I don't want to do it. Do you become dependent on new dose right away?  I'm holding the valium at 5mg. Already 1 month and holding anothermonth.

During my recent dip lasting 9 days, I upped my traxadone from 60 to 100. I'm better, can I go back to 60 reducing 10mg per Nite? If insomnia could result, I don't want to do it. Do you become dependent on new dose right away?  I'm holding the valium at 5mg. Already 1 month and holding anothermonth.

I think I answered this on another thread as well...

Trazodone is an antidepressant in higher doses, at the low dose prescribed for sleep it is "off-label"  You won't have developed a dependency in any way in 9 days, and it may be helping you sleep.  Insomnia could be the result of tapering Valium and the trazodone could be helping with sleep, so if you taper or simply stop taking it you could have a return of insomnia.  For most folks it's a pretty benign med and can be stopped easily.  It's a really low dose you are on as well..

Best wishes

SS

I think I answered this on another thread as well...

Trazodone is an antidepressant in higher doses, at the low dose prescribed for sleep it is "off-label"  You won't have developed a dependency in any way in 9 days, and it may be helping you sleep.  Insomnia could be the result of tapering Valium and the trazodone could be helping with sleep, so if you taper or simply stop taking it you could have a return of insomnia.  For most folks it's a pretty benign med and can be stopped easily.  It's a really low dose you are on as well..

Best wishes

SS

I agree that it seems very unlikely you would have developed a dependency in 9 days.

Also, I tapered off low-dose trazadone a few years ago (didn't work as a sleep aid for me) with very little trouble. If the trazodone is helping you sleep, I would be inclined to taper it last.

Gard :)

I didn't make myself clear. I am staying on the 60 mg trazodone. Just in the last 10 days I upped the dose to a 100. I want to just go back to 60. I am currently holding my valium taper.  I guess I'll give it a try.  Thanks

I didn't make myself clear. I am staying on the 60 mg trazodone. Just in the last 10 days I upped the dose to a 100. I want to just go back to 60. I am currently holding my valium taper.  I guess I'll give it a try.  Thanks

It shouldn't be a problem at all to go back down to 60mg without tapering....

Hi all

Wow Gardener nice to see a familiar name around here I have been awol for quite some time, many others that I used to liaise with have succeeded in their tapers and have moved on to live and that gives me so much joy.

I have successfully tapered off Amitriptyline and now am back to taper my last 3.5mg of v. It has been a traumatic year and a half, with the ami turning toxic after a misdiagnosis of TIA (which in actual fact was an ocular migraine) I was already tapering the Ami when they threw in 300mg of aspirin for 3 weeks which turned the ami extremely toxic, I had a constant buzzing in my head (not tinnitus, which I do have) more like my brain was vibrating which persisted for 20 months and no dr would recognise that it was the Ami. The withdrawals from this drug were at times brutal but all drs would not acknowledge this as withdrawal. So I kept up with the taper without them knowing eventually saw a naturopath who has an interest in helping people dependant on medication. Best decision I ever made. 

Whilst going through all this my husband was diagnosed with a blockage in his heart had to wait 10 weeks before they put a stent in as my health cover didn't cover it at the time. So unless he had a heart attack we had to wait. Then a couple of months after that he got appendicitis which had to operate and remove but being on blood thinners was risky. Anyway have come through all that and still tapered the whole time to get off.

So here I am back ready to tackle the rest of my v taper.

Hope to get to know you all and will do my best to be supportive and hopefully impart some advice along the way.

Luv n 🤗

Gypsy 

Welcome back Gypsy!

Sounds like a hell of a year....

So good to hear that the buddies you were hanging with have stepped off and moved on.... :D

Now for the rest of us! :laugh:

SS

Welcome back Gypsy!

Sounds like a hell of a year....

So good to hear that the buddies you were hanging with have stepped off and moved on.... :D

Now for the rest of us! :laugh:

SS

Hey Ss

Thanx for the welcome, yep a hell of a year one that I do not want to repeat once was definitely enough. It gives you hope to know so many have succeeded and moved on with their lives, it proves that with patience and tenacity it can be done.

My plan is to just sit for a while the last 2 years have been extremely hard the sx that I endured on ami were horrific and made worse by Drs not acknowledging that they were sx and that since I have jumped they have mostly disappeared, proof is definitely in the pudding 😂

Never thought that I would make it through but I did I haven't even let my Dr know that I am off in fact they don't even know that I was tapering. Because they couldnt find a reason for the weird sensations in my head and MRI etc showed nothing I was pretty much ignored. I did my own research and found that ami stops the production of acetylcholine in the brain so when you taper off this med it gets to a point where the brain has to make it again and this causes the sensations dizzy/spacey/weird buzzy feeling. It's only been a week and a half since jumping But hopefully no major sx will come through fingers crossed.

At present am on 3.5mg v will stay here until after Christmas and then begin tapering.

Cheers xxxxx

Hi all

Wow Gardener nice to see a familiar name around here I have been awol for quite some time, many others that I used to liaise with have succeeded in their tapers and have moved on to live and that gives me so much joy.

I have successfully tapered off Amitriptyline and now am back to taper my last 3.5mg of v. It has been a traumatic year and a half, with the ami turning toxic after a misdiagnosis of TIA (which in actual fact was an ocular migraine) I was already tapering the Ami when they threw in 300mg of aspirin for 3 weeks which turned the ami extremely toxic, I had a constant buzzing in my head (not tinnitus, which I do have) more like my brain was vibrating which persisted for 20 months and no dr would recognise that it was the Ami. The withdrawals from this drug were at times brutal but all drs would not acknowledge this as withdrawal. So I kept up with the taper without them knowing eventually saw a naturopath who has an interest in helping people dependant on medication. Best decision I ever made. 

Whilst going through all this my husband was diagnosed with a blockage in his heart had to wait 10 weeks before they put a stent in as my health cover didn't cover it at the time. So unless he had a heart attack we had to wait. Then a couple of months after that he got appendicitis which had to operate and remove but being on blood thinners was risky. Anyway have come through all that and still tapered the whole time to get off.

So here I am back ready to tackle the rest of my v taper.

Hope to get to know you all and will do my best to be supportive and hopefully impart some advice along the way.

Luv n 🤗

Gypsy

Hi Gypsy. Wow, you've been through a lot! I hope things are better with your husband now. Good for you for your continued determination to beat the benzo beast! :thumbsup:

Gard :smitten:

I read here fairly often, but don't post a ton. And Gypsy, you've been through it!! Congrats on being so strong-willed through your challenges.

I know this isn't a micro taper question, but I'll ask it anyway since I almost never go to any other thread in BB's. Has anyone had any crazy joint pain or stiffness kick in during their taper? Or, has anyone heard of others with similar problems? I hardly cut at all over the past year+, but I started to taper recently and noticed killer knee pain kick in literally overnight. I thought I heard someone say that tapers often hit the weakest links in the body physically. My knees weren't great since I reinjured my back again last year and then had my second back surgery. I walked with a horrible limp for about 3 months before I was able to get in for surgery (I highly DON'T recommend back surgery!!). I didn't have any choice but to have the surgery since I was blasted pretty bad in a car accident. So, knee joint pain kicked in about 3 weeks after I started this recent taper. It almost happened overnight. Amazing. Then my right hip joint started hurting a few days ago all of a sudden. Again, my right side is a mess due to the back surgery, walking awkwardly, etc. I was so concerned about starting the taper and getting killed with anxiety, panic, depression, etc. Instead (so far) I've gotten nailed by the joint stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Everybody keep forging ahead!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

I read here fairly often, but don't post a ton. And Gypsy, you've been through it!! Congrats on being so strong-willed through your challenges.

I know this isn't a micro taper question, but I'll ask it anyway since I almost never go to any other thread in BB's. Has anyone had any crazy joint pain or stiffness kick in during their taper? Or, has anyone heard of others with similar problems? I hardly cut at all over the past year+, but I started to taper recently and noticed killer knee pain kick in literally overnight. I thought I heard someone say that tapers often hit the weakest links in the body physically. My knees weren't great since I reinjured my back again last year and then had my second back surgery. I walked with a horrible limp for about 3 months before I was able to get in for surgery (I highly DON'T recommend back surgery!!). I didn't have any choice but to have the surgery since I was blasted pretty bad in a car accident. So, knee joint pain kicked in about 3 weeks after I started this recent taper. It almost happened overnight. Amazing. Then my right hip joint started hurting a few days ago all of a sudden. Again, my right side is a mess due to the back surgery, walking awkwardly, etc. I was so concerned about starting the taper and getting killed with anxiety, panic, depression, etc. Instead (so far) I've gotten nailed by the joint stuff. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Everybody keep forging ahead!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Hey Ultra

Thanks ultra, it has been tough but one medication down and one to go.

The aches and pains whilst tapering I can answer, when I was cutting the ami I got to 15mg I had aches and pains in joints and knees and legs funny thing was I had started to walk 5km a day and thought it was just that, but it went on for 10 months then eased off when I made another cut same thing happened so IMO I think all these drugs can have that effect when we cut however small.

Most of these drugs act like pain killers and anti inflammatories so when it starts to leave our systems we are slammed. And I do remember my legs go so stiff I couldn't sit crossed legged which I have done my whole life it took a long time but it did wear off quite a bit where I feel sort of normal.

Unfortunately you have injuries which don't help so extremely slow is the way to go in my honest opinion. Better to go slow and eventually succeed than to go fast and fail and suffer.

Hope this helps a little

Luv n hugs

Gypsy