Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

1)  Some tablets have a protective coating that slows down the disintegration/dissolution.  You can crush the tablet, you can muddle it after you put it in the liquid solvent, or you can just put it in the liquid solvent the night before.

2)  Its probably better is you do NOT use your cylinder for dissolving/mixing.  Put the tablet in the jar and add the liquids to the jar.

There is no logical reason to be concerned about switching to liquid.  Your actually taking the very same tablet you've always taken, only instead of dissolving it in your stomach, you dissolving it first, then taking it.  Dissolving it only changes its physical form (from dry solid to dissolved liquid.  It does NOT change it chemically, pharmaceutically, medically, etc.  Its the same med, and the same dose.

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry I get anxiety about the method too. I had a completely symptom free day today and cant decide if im finally stabalizing or accidentaly crushed up an extra pill and added it to the mix :laugh:

Dont worry I get anxiety about the method too. I had a completely symptom free day today and cant decide if im finally stabalizing or accidentaly crushed up an extra pill and added it to the mix :laugh:

oh, Rossho, I laughed out loud about that last statement. Way too funny . . . I needed your humor, been crying all morning.  Are you completely liquid titration?

1)  Some tablets have a protective coating that slows down the disintegration/dissolution.  You can crush the tablet, you can muddle it after you put it in the liquid solvent, or you can just put it in the liquid solvent the night before.

2)  Its probably better is you do NOT use your cylinder for dissolving/mixing.  Put the tablet in the jar and add the liquids to the jar.

There is no logical reason to be concerned about switching to liquid.  Your actually taking the very same tablet you've always taken, only instead of dissolving it in your stomach, you dissolving it first, then taking it.  Dissolving it only changes its physical form (from dry solid to dissolved liquid.  It does NOT change it chemically, pharmaceutically, medically, etc.  Its the same med, and the same dose.

Thanks, dear Builder, I knew I could count on you. Actually I have begun 2 days worth of PG/0.5 into jars already. not dissolving easily, but I shake up every now and then. Hopefully dissolved by 6 AM morning dose.

I appreciate all the support you have given me, all the advice and reassuring messages, Builder. thanks again  :smitten:

Pooh in sunny warm Florida

Listen pooh I call it completely liquid f!?@ed because its going to take me like a year plus to get my 1.5mg down to zero. Its so tedious but hey. To answer the question yes. This is all very scary for everyone. I might even do the dumb thing and go into a 3-month detox program as I havent been on for many weeks. But I know what a mistake thst could be. Just ont want ot drsg 4 eewks se into 15 months. The mental anquish is heavy I know. And dont worry, I cry like a little cry baby almost every day. If you ask nicely il stick out the liquid titration with you rather  :laugh:

And just to add instead of dissolving the pills I crush mine with a small mortar and pesttle then spray 10ml of pg in there and let it sit forfor a, bit. Dangit I hope thats right? I mix three 0.5 mg tabs into 150 ml liquid (140ml water) to get 0.01mg/ 1ml of liquid. Then I drswate out what I need, 4 ml today.

Listen pooh I call it completely liquid f!?@ed because its going to take me like a year plus to get my 1.5mg down to zero. Its so tedious but hey. To answer the question yes. This is all very scary for everyone. I might even do the dumb thing and go into a 3-month detox program as I havent been on for many weeks. But I know what a mistake thst could be. Just ont want ot drsg 4 eewks se into 15 months. The mental anquish is heavy I know. And dont worry, I cry like a little cry baby almost every day. If you ask nicely il stick out the liquid titration with you rather  :laugh:

Please, please Rossho can we cry on each other's shoulders on this journey through Dante's hell?  I need all the support I can get and since you appear to be in the same frame of mind as me (scared to death of this damn drug withdrawal and bawling everyday just because it's easier than tossing in the towel) we can be liquid titration pals.

Don't go into detox . . . I wouldn't recommend that to anyone. My pdoc wanted me to do that and I flat out refused. Do some research: the recidivism rate is so, so high. And beginning another taper is just going to have you go through the same damn sxs, maybe worse.

I shouldn't be giving out advice. I've never done this before, no drug abuse history, no alcohol, no tobacco. How in hell did I get on K????????????????

Can I PM you?

BTW: I plan on my micro taper from 1 mg of K to take a year or so, too. We are in this together for the LONG term. OMG, do I have enough tears left in me????

Take it easy. . . . be good to yourself. Love your sense of humor.  :smitten:

Pooh in very sunny, warm Florida

pooh49 and Rossho,  today is day 11 of my liquid titration off .5 mg clonazepam per day (generic Klonopin). I dissolve my .5 pill in 2ml of 100 proof vodka. After I have my pill in the vodka I put the lid on, prop the jar at an angle so the pill is sitting in the vodka and WALK AWAY for about 15 minutes while it dissolves. Then come back and add 98ml water. I tried the milk titration first but it didn't agree with me. I didn't want to try pill cutting either. I have to say, I'm surprised my taper is going as smooth as it is. I have very few symptoms and nothing I can't handle. I reduce .5ml per day

I was on Xanax .25 up to 3 times a day for 10 years along with ambien for 6 months and Vicodin 2 Xs a day for one year. I was never told these drugs were addictive and the day I found out they were, I quit all three ct! I truly thought I was dying for about a year. I went to Dr after Dr. trying to find out what was wrong with me.  Unbelievable that no one could diagnose me as still being in withdrawl. Two years later a psych nurse put me on Prozac and later clonazepam. I quit the Prozac with no problems after a year but continued to take the clonazepam every night. I did research and saw what a beast this drug can be to get off and found BB. I just felt the liquid titration would be the best for me. I was very terrified at first to try as builder and Sharkey will tell you, but all I can say is don't be afraid to try it. You can go as slow as your body needs to go. This support group is the only one I read because others can create anxiety just reading them. Start your taper and get on with your life.  Don't dwell on what might go wrong. Just think positive that your safely getting off this drug.  Trust builder and Sharkey. They know their stuff. All the best to both of you!

My favorite "patient" is the one who, after I explained the procedure about 5 times, and 5 different ways, and gave her a detailed schedule,  said, "You mean that's all there is to it?!" 

She has been successfully tapering for several months! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My favorite "patient" is the one who, after I explained the procedure about 5 times, and 5 different ways, and gave her a detailed schedule,  said, "You mean that's all there is to it?!" 

She has been successfully tapering for several months! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh dear Builder, again, you are always there for us. I think you gave me explanations for over a month before I finally found the internal courage to try your method. You are so, so patient with all of us. I keep saying this: THANK YOU, but it comes from my heart.

Second day of AM liquid, PM tab

Pooh  :smitten:

Oh dear Builder, again, you are always there for us. I think you gave me explanations for over a month before I finally found the internal courage to try your method. You are so, so patient with all of us. I keep saying this: THANK YOU, but it comes from my heart.

Second day of AM liquid, PM tab

Pooh  :smitten:

Hi Pooh,

My pill does not disintegrate either when I add it to PG.  What I do is measure 1 to 2 mL of of water into a jar, add the pill.  It immediately breaks apart. I then add 2 mL of PG, swirl, and then add the rest of the water.  I have done it this way for months with no problems whatsoever. 

Anne

Hi Pooh,

My pill does not disintegrate either when I add it to PG.  What I do is measure 1 to 2 mL of of water into a jar, add the pill.  It immediately breaks apart. I then add 2 mL of PG, swirl, and then add the rest of the water.  I have done it this way for months with no problems whatsoever. 

Anne

Really good info!!  Thanks, Anne   :thumbsup:

Hey builder.

I want to thank you the other day for your reference regarding the gabapentin micro taper through titration. 

My question is about uniformity of distribution.  That is to say, I want to dissolve 100mg into 100ml.  Since that is a lot more water than needed to dissolve 100mg of powder from a capsule, do you have an opinion on whether or not the gabapentin would evenly distribute throughout that much water?

Thanks.

-RST

Hey builder.

I want to thank you the other day for your reference regarding the gabapentin micro taper through titration. 

My question is about uniformity of distribution.  That is to say, I want to dissolve 100mg into 100ml.  Since that is a lot more water than needed to dissolve 100mg of powder from a capsule, do you have an opinion on whether or not the gabapentin would evenly distribute throughout that much water?

Thanks.

-RST

Yes, it will be fine.

The med doesn't really "distribute", it dissolves.  So it will be uniform throughout.

Please someone help me with this micro tapering.  I am so frustrated about what I am trying to do and I have read the other posts and in this support group and I STILL DON'T GET IT. Builder (I PMed you), Sharkey, others have been so patient with me and I can't figure this out.

I have been on 1 mg K hold for 30 days now, ready to begin a slow daily taper of no more than 10% to begin with.  I take 0.5 mg in morning, 0.5 mg K in evening.

On Sunday, I began PG/water titration with my morning dose ONLY; kept tabs in evening

Did I do this correctly: 0.5 mg tab dissolved in 5 mL of PG added 95 mL of water and drank the whole thing for my morning dose. I've done this for 3 days, no effects on me so far. Ready to decrease tomorrow.

My equipment:

PG

250 mL cylinder

100 mL cylinder

1 mL syringe

5 mL syringe

10 mL syringe

My questions:

1. Is it okay to keep evening tab until I get very low on morning dose?

2. Builder is correct, making this mixture up every morning is causing my anxiety levels to rise and I haven't even begun to decrease. How do I go about making up a week's batch?

3. I need the numbers simplified for me, please. Decreasing by what percent, what is my K level per day, how many mL should I take for just morning dose if I am just cutting it back?

Can someone PLEASE give me the "dummy down" version of daily micro tapering?

I am so scared of screwing this up. My first 4-6 weeks were pure hell and I can't tolerate going through that again.  I am trying, folks, please help me with this.

What confuses me is that everyone seems to be doing this a different way, different drugs, different % decreases, and different beginning levels. That's the reason I can't seem to figure out the other posts on this support group. No one fits my predicament.

HELP  :-\:-[???:( :'( :'( :'( :'(

And many thanks to all who read this and have the patience to help me once again.

I KNOW I am over-thinking this, people. Tell me how to just let it go.

thanks, Builder, Sharkey, others who have helped me. NOT your fault my brain is so dense.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Pooh in Florida

That would be my suggestion.

2. Builder is correct, making this mixture up every morning is causing my anxiety levels to rise and I haven't even begun to decrease. How do I go about making up a week's batch?

5mg K tablets + 10ml PG + 490ml water will be approx a 10 day batch, with the schedule I sent you.

3. I need the numbers simplified for me, please. Decreasing by what percent, what is my K level per day, how many mL should I take for just morning dose if I am just cutting it back?

10% per 30 days:

1mg X 10% =.1mg

.1mg/30 days = .0033mg  Round up to .0035mg/day,  That's the amount you reduce each day.

Check your PMs.

I have a question for builder and Sharkey. This morning I read an old post by aweigh (?) who said he was a chemest or something, and that klonopin doesn't dissolve in alcohol.  Why would he say that?  Are you familiar with his post?  I came across it because I googled "benefits of dissolving klonopin in Everclear". His post on BB came up and threw me into a panic until I calmed down and decided to ask your opinions.

I have a question for builder and Sharkey. This morning I read an old post by aweigh (?) who said he was a chemest or something, and that klonopin doesn't dissolve in alcohol. Why would he say that?  Are you familiar with his post?  I came across it because I googled "benefits of dissolving klonopin in Everclear". His post on BB came up and threw me into a panic until I calmed down and decided to ask your opinions.

Because he was wrong. 

There are numerous peer-reviewed research papers that verify the solubility of various benzos in various solvents.

5mg K tablets + 10ml PG + 490ml water will be approx a 10 day batch, with the schedule I sent you.

10% per 30 days:

1mg X 10% =.1mg

.1mg/30 days = .0033mg  Round up to .0035mg/day,  That's the amount you reduce each day.

Check your PMs.

Thank you once again, Builder, I got it this time. I appreciate your patience with me.

:smitten: Pooh

10% per 30 days:

1mg X 10% =.1mg

Check your PMs.

Thank you once again, Builder, I got it this time. I appreciate your patience with me.

:smitten: Pooh

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: