Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Staz, It looks like you've made some changes to your meds. Maybe that's why you're not stabilizing. You might want to check out the Long Hold support group. You might get some insights there about holding to stabilize.

Sorry, I'm no good with figuring taper rates. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that one.

Gard :)

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Staz, It looks like you've made some changes to your meds. Maybe that's why you're not stabilizing. You might want to check out the Long Hold support group. You might get some insights there about holding to stabilize.

Sorry, I'm no good with figuring taper rates. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that one.

Thanks Gardener,

I've not been stable at any point during the last 18 months but I have made many changes as you point out. I'll check out the long hold group.

Thanks

Staz

Thanks Gardener,

I've not been stable at any point during the last 18 months but I have made many changes as you point out. I'll check out the long hold group.

Thanks

Staz

I hope everything works out for you, Staz.  I used to hang out on Long Hold (nearly a year) when I was holding. Look for Valley over there. He's got a lot of wisdom to share. Some in the group are doing a long hold right now. Others have finished and now do taper-hold-taper-hold to ease down as gently as possible. I think that's what Valley and BG are doing now. It's generally a very supportive group and not much high drama. A nice place to hang out. :thumbsup:

Hello All.

I did a crossover from Ativan to Diazepam and ended up on 40mgs of Diazepam.  Started cutting 2.5mgs about every 2 to 3 weeks.  Was feeling worse with each cut. 

I am currently on 27.5mgs of Diazepam and tried a hold for 4 months and have just felt worse the longer I held.

I decided to start doing a DMT with a scale.  I have been cutting at a rate of .15mgs per day.  Doing a c/c/h/h method and my symptoms have increased.

I have come to the conclusion that doing a long hold was not going to help me.  Plus I just couldn't do it anymore since I was just getting worse.

I just started doing the DMT on the 17th of Dec.  So, less than 10 days in.  I've managed to cut about .50 since I started. 

Should I continue with my rate with hopes of feeling better as I take less?  Or should I slow it down.

I am currently dosing:  10mgs, 7:00 am, 7.5mgs (this is where I'm cutting) at 3:00 pm and 10mgs at 11:00 pm.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Hi Chris. Have you decided against a liquid taper? It's very hard to make tiny accurate cuts with a dry taper.

Also wondering why you're only cutting one dose instead of going down evenly. I've always done better with keeping my doses as even as possible.

It's possible diazepam does not agree with you. Some people have found that to be true after they've crossed. In that case I think there's nothing to do but proceed with a slow taper and get off the stuff safely.

I'm not sure what your taper rate is, so I can't comment on whether it's fast or slow. I try to keep my rate under 10%/month. Some people stay closer to 5%. It really depends on the individual.

Hope that helps. And hopefully others chime in.

Hello All.

I did a crossover from Ativan to Diazepam and ended up on 40mgs of Diazepam.  Started cutting 2.5mgs about every 2 to 3 weeks.  Was feeling worse with each cut. 

I am currently on 27.5mgs of Diazepam and tried a hold for 4 months and have just felt worse the longer I held.

I decided to start doing a DMT with a scale.  I have been cutting at a rate of .15mgs per day.  Doing a c/c/h/h method and my symptoms have increased.

I have come to the conclusion that doing a long hold was not going to help me.  Plus I just couldn't do it anymore since I was just getting worse.

I just started doing the DMT on the 17th of Dec.  So, less than 10 days in.  I've managed to cut about .50 since I started. 

Should I continue with my rate with hopes of feeling better as I take less?  Or should I slow it down.

I am currently dosing:  10mgs, 7:00 am, 7.5mgs (this is where I'm cutting) at 3:00 pm and 10mgs at 11:00 pm.

I think some people don't feel better until they are off all together unfortunately Chris. I think I maybe one of them. I had to abandon my taper just before Christmas but had only dropped 3% off of my 12mg but Christmas pressure and my daughter falling very ill derailed me a bit.

I am going to resume my taper after a long hold. I have tried to keep an eye on percentages Due to a bad experience a year ago when I dramatically increased the taper rate.  Now I want to taper at .015 per day .%  starts out acceptable  and at the end of the 2 month, the percentages are higher than any rate thus far. Does the game change at 5 mg ? My long hold had nothing to do with taper symptoms. It had to do with hormonal issues. Do I ignore these percentages and decrease at approximately one mg every 2 months if no symptoms,appear? Do dlmt people pay less attention to daily percentage as they go lower? I am clear that once symptoms should appear it's time to adjust. I'm looking for feedback on how to proceed, generally.

Hi Chris. Have you decided against a liquid taper? It's very hard to make tiny accurate cuts with a dry taper.

Also wondering why you're only cutting one dose instead of going down evenly. I've always done better with keeping my doses as even as possible.

It's possible diazepam does not agree with you. Some people have found that to be true after they've crossed. In that case I think there's nothing to do but proceed with a slow taper and get off the stuff safely.

I'm not sure what your taper rate is, so I can't comment on whether it's fast or slow. I try to keep my rate under 10%/month. Some people stay closer to 5%. It really depends on the individual.

Ativan didn't agree with me either.  I guess Benzos are just not for me.  I was doing .04 per day but have slowed it down.  I have held so so long I think my body has to get used to cuts again.

I was told by another member with a lot of knowledge on micro tapering to cut out my 3rd dose.  That I only need to be dosing twice a day.  My other 2 doses are 10mgs currently.

I had a rough day today after feeling better last night.  Not sure what happened.  I've tried everything.  I have cut out Gluten and anything else that might interfere with withdrawals.  Nothing I've done so far seems to help.  Holding 4 months surely didn't.  So, I'm trying this daily tapering. 

I have been doing cut/cut/hold/hold.  I'm hoping I can speed things up a bit but right now I'm not doing to well.  Mainly anxiety. 

Hello All.

I think some people don't feel better until they are off all together unfortunately Chris. I think I maybe one of them. I had to abandon my taper just before Christmas but had only dropped 3% off of my 12mg but Christmas pressure and my daughter falling very ill derailed me a bit.

Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I hope she is ok.

I received so much conflicting info on this site I'm just at a loss right now as to what is right to do.  But, I think doing the micro taper is going to be easier.  Fingers crossed.

I know this stinks.  Never been through anything like this in my life.  Has totally changed me and my way of thinking.  I know I'll be a different person after this is over with vs pre benzo.  But, it a good way.  I can't help but look back at all the mistakes I made in my life.  I know you can't change the past but I sure wish I had a do over.  First thing would have been to never trust a GP that says Ativan is fine as long as you only take it as needed.  Should have done my research before ever taking the first pill. 

Hey, builder, if you're out there, I found this suspension method on the Seroquel board. I'm wondering what you think to it. I do have a Seroquel taper in my future.....

The last 25 mgs I tapered by purchasing junior/baby paracetamol/Tylenol syrup.

I dissolved a 25 mg pill in 10 mil of very warm water for an hour.

I then added 20 mil of above syrup and stirred well to suspend dissolved 25 mg Seroquel.

I now had 30 mil and the tiny bits of pill were suspended in solution.

First night I drew out 1 mil

Second night 2 mils

Repeat ......,

I am going to resume my taper after a long hold. I have tried to keep an eye on percentages Due to a bad experience a year ago when I dramatically increased the taper rate.  Now I want to taper at .015 per day .%  starts out acceptable  and at the end of the 2 month, the percentages are higher than any rate thus far. Does the game change at 5 mg ? My long hold had nothing to do with taper symptoms. It had to do with hormonal issues. Do I ignore these percentages and decrease at approximately one mg every 2 months if no symptoms,appear? Do dlmt people pay less attention to daily percentage as they go lower? I am clear that once symptoms should appear it's time to adjust. I'm looking for feedback on how to proceed, generally.

I think a lot of people do symptom-based but sort of key an eye on the taper rate at the same time. I've found I do best keeping my rate under 10%. Last round I figured out what 5% was and then just kept cutting at that same rate for many months. The percentage crept up. As I approached 10% I was feeling too symptomatic and the holidays were approaching. I stopped and did a short hold of 2 months. I'm just starting up again this week with a teeny tiny trial cut. Then I may try 5%, then creep up again; maybe adjust to stay below 10% this time. We'll see. I tend to get impatient. ::)

edit: When I give my percent I mean per month.

Ativan didn't agree with me either.  I guess Benzos are just not for me.  I was doing .04 per day but have slowed it down.  I have held so so long I think my body has to get used to cuts again.

I was told by another member with a lot of knowledge on micro tapering to cut out my 3rd dose.  That I only need to be dosing twice a day.  My other 2 doses are 10mgs currently.

I had a rough day today after feeling better last night.  Not sure what happened.  I've tried everything.  I have cut out Gluten and anything else that might interfere with withdrawals.  Nothing I've done so far seems to help.  Holding 4 months surely didn't.  So, I'm trying this daily tapering. 

I have been doing cut/cut/hold/hold.  I'm hoping I can speed things up a bit but right now I'm not doing to well.  Mainly anxiety.

Have you considered just taking your day's worth and dividing it into 2 doses in one swoop rather than tapering away the middle dose? That way you'd be dosing evenly immediately.

I'm dosing Librium 3 times/day even though technically you're supposed to be OK with only 2 doses. I waffle on going to only 2 doses. Most people do OK on 2, but some seem to need 3. It depends on how fast you metabolize your drug. If you look at the charts, there is a lot of variance between people.

Oh geez not klonopin Ativan.

I'm not sure I'm reading your signature right. Have you been on Ativan for 1 month total? Even so, your taper plan sounds risky. I was dependent on Xanax in only one month. If you're dependent, cutting your dose in half could be very painful.

Gard

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is doing better. Pausing your taper was probably a good idea. I've done the same when I hit rough spots with my kids. I do not regret it.

Gard,

Do you mean 5 or 10 % per month?

Yes, I figure my percent per month. But I don't let it dictate my pace, just guide my pace, if that makes sense.

I went from tapering .5 mg a month to now .3 a month. I just had too

Many symptoms staying at that half mg rate. As I got below 5 mg it really hit me, about the halfway point I had to slow it down. Its still messy but better.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is doing better. Pausing your taper was probably a good idea. I've done the same when I hit rough spots with my kids. I do not regret it.

Thanks Gard.

I went back to my starting dose as I only managed a small cut. I'm going to start again when things are a bit more settled domestically..

Hey, builder, if you're out there, I found this suspension method on the Seroquel board. I'm wondering what you think to it. I do have a Seroquel taper in my future.....

I then added 20 mil of above syrup and stirred well to suspend dissolved 25 mg Seroquel.

Second night 2 mils

Repeat ......,

If you want to do a suspension, why not use a standard, medically-proven suspension agent, like OraPlus and OraSweet?  These are products with known consistent characteristics, specifically formulated for suspending dry medications.

Second night 2 mils

Repeat ......,

If you want to do a suspension, why not use a standard, medically-proven suspension agent, like OraPlus and OraSweet?  These are products with known consistent characteristics, specifically formulated for suspending dry medications.

Thanks. I thought that was an interesting choice. Maybe it's cheaper or something.

I went from tapering .5 mg a month to now .3 a month. I just had too

Many symptoms staying at that half mg rate. As I got below 5 mg it really hit me, about the halfway point I had to slow it down. Its still messy but better.

You can do it, Kitty!  :thumbsup:

Second night 2 mils

Repeat ......,

Thanks. I thought that was an interesting choice. Maybe it's cheaper or something.

It is cheaper and the guy that used this method used it to get off of his last 25mg of Seroquel. It's a valid option and good for anything that needs a suspension made from it.