Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

I am going to resume my taper after a long hold. I have tried to keep an eye on percentages Due to a bad experience a year ago when I dramatically increased the taper rate.  Now I want to taper at .015 per day .%  starts out acceptable  and at the end of the 2 month, the percentages are higher than any rate thus far. Does the game change at 5 mg ? My long hold had nothing to do with taper symptoms. It had to do with hormonal issues. Do I ignore these percentages and decrease at approximately one mg every 2 months if no symptoms,appear? Do dlmt people pay less attention to daily percentage as they go lower? I am clear that once symptoms should appear it's time to adjust. I'm looking for feedback on how to proceed, generally.

I think a lot of people do symptom-based but sort of key an eye on the taper rate at the same time. I've found I do best keeping my rate under 10%. Last round I figured out what 5% was and then just kept cutting at that same rate for many months. The percentage crept up. As I approached 10% I was feeling too symptomatic and the holidays were approaching. I stopped and did a short hold of 2 months. I'm just starting up again this week with a teeny tiny trial cut. Then I may try 5%, then creep up again; maybe adjust to stay below 10% this time. We'll see. I tend to get impatient. ::)

Gard :)

edit: When I give my percent I mean per month.

For me, the 5 & 3 mg mark required readjusting my MT routine until I found my baseline and was able to resume the newly adjusted taper. Now that I am under 1mg. I have found it to be a bit more challenging. I am currently in the figuring out stage of what is tolerable.  I too tend to get impatient, I so understand.  But in the end, we will get through this.  :smitten:

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, builder, if you're out there, I found this suspension method on the Seroquel board. I'm wondering what you think to it. I do have a Seroquel taper in my future.....

The last 25 mgs I tapered by purchasing junior/baby paracetamol/Tylenol syrup.

I dissolved a 25 mg pill in 10 mil of very warm water for an hour.

I then added 20 mil of above syrup and stirred well to suspend dissolved 25 mg Seroquel.

I now had 30 mil and the tiny bits of pill were suspended in solution.

First night I drew out 1 mil

Second night 2 mils

Repeat ......,

If you want to do a suspension, why not use a standard, medically-proven suspension agent, like OraPlus and OraSweet?  These are products with known consistent characteristics, specifically formulated for suspending dry medications.

Thanks. I thought that was an interesting choice. Maybe it's cheaper or something.

It is cheaper and the guy that used this method used it to get off of his last 25mg of Seroquel. It's a valid option and good for anything that needs a suspension made from it.

That's interesting, Staz. The price of those suspensions keeps away from them. I was thinking about using just water when I get to my Seroquel taper....Well, that's 2 years away. I'll just bookmark this.

BTW, when you use "quote" to reply, if you type your responses after the very last occurrence of

, your response will be separated from the original quote. Hard to explain, but hope that made sense.

I am going to resume my taper after a long hold. I have tried to keep an eye on percentages Due to a bad experience a year ago when I dramatically increased the taper rate.  Now I want to taper at .015 per day .%  starts out acceptable  and at the end of the 2 month, the percentages are higher than any rate thus far. Does the game change at 5 mg ? My long hold had nothing to do with taper symptoms. It had to do with hormonal issues. Do I ignore these percentages and decrease at approximately one mg every 2 months if no symptoms,appear? Do dlmt people pay less attention to daily percentage as they go lower? I am clear that once symptoms should appear it's time to adjust. I'm looking for feedback on how to proceed, generally.

I think a lot of people do symptom-based but sort of key an eye on the taper rate at the same time. I've found I do best keeping my rate under 10%. Last round I figured out what 5% was and then just kept cutting at that same rate for many months. The percentage crept up. As I approached 10% I was feeling too symptomatic and the holidays were approaching. I stopped and did a short hold of 2 months. I'm just starting up again this week with a teeny tiny trial cut. Then I may try 5%, then creep up again; maybe adjust to stay below 10% this time. We'll see.I tend to get impatient. ::)

edit: When I give my percent I mean per month.

For me, the 5 & 3 mg mark required readjusting my MT routine until I found my baseline and was able to resume the newly adjusted taper. Now that I am under 1mg. I have found it to be a bit more challenging. I am currently in the figuring out stage of what is tolerable.  I too tend to get impatient, I so understand.  But in the end, we will get through this.  :smitten:

Good to see you, Kasey. :smitten: Yes, we will get through this.  :thumbsup:

Yikes, another edit! Not key an eye. Keep an eye! 

I wasn't paying close enough attention to percentages and am paying as well so your point is a very good one. 

I had been tapering gabapentin at a 2mg per day rate for about 2 months (August thru early October and down from a higher rate that I had been previously tapering from April thru July) with various holds as symptoms got bad. However, I wasn't watching my percentages enough.  Then, in October of this year a hold didn't have the same effect of eventually reducing symptoms.  My symptoms progressively got worse and worse and my worst symptom (intense burning) became intolerable and I sadly updosed.  I was down to 100mg per day taken in two daily doses of 50mg.  I ended up updosing to 180mgs and dosing 3 times per day @ 60mgs.  This has been largely due, I believe, to my percentage cuts going up exponentially at that point.  It's a real shame that I made this mistake.  Since I've updosed it's been really hard to go forward.  I feel that my hold in October and the neurotoxicity of that episode damaged my neurons further.  I decided to resume some kind of small taper on the 11th of November and have managed to slowly get from 180mg per day down to 159mg per day over the last 6 weeks.  That is so much slower than my previous taper rate and yet I am in more misery as I go forward.  This syndrome can be such a chameleon and requires constant vigilance.

I suggest you ALWAYS keep an eye on your percentages to know where you are at and thereby avoid severe fluctuations.  I was getting more cavalier as I thought that being down to 100mg of gabapentin was so low that I'd be able to think about jumping off in a few more months.  I even started to get a little exercise which also caused problems as aerobic exercise apparently can ramp up glutamate.  Again, I thought I was getting low enough on the gabapentin to try and do more than just easy walking.  Bad mistake......

-RST

This is an old thread. May I ask a question

Welcome Orangey. Would you create a "signature" for your posts? This is several lines that will automatically show up at the bottom of each of your posts. Most people put something about their benzo history in it. You can see mine at the bottom of this post. It shows what I've done so far in my taper and where I'm at now.

To create a signature, hover your cursor over the word PROFILE above and a drop-down menu will appear. Click on FORUM PROFILE. It will bring you to the page with the box for creating a signature. After typing in the box, I think you need to click CHANGE PROFILE (lower right) to save it.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Hello BenzoBuddies  Goodchance here. Don’t post often these days but still read daily. Still hard to concentrate on stuff.

Anyway I’m down to .300 of clonazapam. Going mostly by how I feel but keeping an eye on percentages. Seems like 10% a month is about right for me. Functional but symptomatic. Housework, swimming, light weights, light aerobics. Drive some during the day when the traffic is light. Main sxm. are fatigue, dumb as a box of hammers, tinnitus, anger easily, short term memory gone, must not let stressful things bother me. Getting pretty good at that, and that’s a good thing that I think will be good for me all my life.

Just would like reassurance that my math is right.

Is this correct? -  10% a month of .300 is a daily reduction of .0010 give or take a little. What I've been doing is take the mg (.300 in this case) multiply by the percent I want (10%) then divide by 30 (day in a month)

Oh so slow. Makes me crazy. I mean crazier. Oh well I’m dropping anyway.

Thanks all. Have a great New Year everyone.

Hello BenzoBuddies  Goodchance here. Don’t post often these days but still read daily. Still hard to concentrate on stuff.

Anyway I’m down to .300 of clonazapam. Going mostly by how I feel but keeping an eye on percentages. Seems like 10% a month is about right for me. Functional but symptomatic. Housework, swimming, light weights, light aerobics. Drive some during the day when the traffic is light. Main sxm. are fatigue, dumb as a box of hammers, tinnitus, anger easily, short term memory gone, must not let stressful things bother me. Getting pretty good at that, and that’s a good thing that I think will be good for me all my life.

Just would like reassurance that my math is right.

Is this correct? -  10% a month of .300 is a daily reduction of .0010 give or take a little. What I've been doing is take the mg (.300 in this case) multiply by the percent I want (10%) then divide by 30 (day in a month)

Oh so slow. Makes me crazy. I mean crazier. Oh well I’m dropping anyway.

Thanks all. Have a great New Year everyone.

Yes, that is correct. 

Anne

Wishing everyone a Safe and Happy Farewell to 2017 tonight and many steps toward Freedom in the New Year.

5.gif

Thank You Gard! And back at you!

We're all in this together I figure!

Happy Happy!

:smitten: :smitten:

SS

Hi Goodchance. Love your user name. Hi Anne. Good to see you!

Hi Gard!!  :smitten: :smitten:

So nice to see you as well.  We have to catch up soon. 

I wish you and your family nothing but the best in the coming New Year.

Happy New Year to you!!

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi all,

Just wondered if its ok to make a dry cut every 2 days rather than every day. I would be aiming for a 5% drop over 2 weeks.

I did try daily cuts, which would have been 10% over 2 weeks but it was too much.

Thank you

Hi all,

Just wondered if its ok to make a dry cut every 2 days rather than every day. I would be aiming for a 5% drop over 2 weeks.

I did try daily cuts, which would have been 10% over 2 weeks but it was too much.

Thank you

Hi there GKB

It's great that you are listening to your body and adjusting things accordingly.  :thumbsup:  The idea is to work with your body and whatever works for you.  Even though this is a Daily MT group I think that many of us hold, or taper every second or third day according to how we are doing.  Sometimes I can taper daily.... but others    :crazy:.  While percentages are important -- it's the sxs based approach that seems to work well with me.  I aim for a percentage, but listen to whether my body is ready for another cut. 

This is a great thread btw.....

Happy New Year!

SS

Hi all,

Thank you

Right now I am cutting every 3 days. It's out of pure laziness. (Want to use a bigger syringe and fewer calculations.) But my last cut hit me pretty hard so I may go back to the tiny daily cuts. Just like SS, I do what works for me according to my symptoms. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Thank you

Right now I am cutting every 3 days. It's out of pure laziness. (Want to use a bigger syringe and fewer calculations.) But my last cut hit me pretty hard so I may go back to the tiny daily cuts. Just like SS, I do what works for me according to my symptoms. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Thank you

Hi there GKB

It's great that you are listening to your body and adjusting things accordingly.  :thumbsup:  The idea is to work with your body and whatever works for you.  Even though this is a Daily MT group I think that many of us hold, or taper every second or third day according to how we are doing.  Sometimes I can taper daily.... but others    :crazy:.  While percentages are important -- it's the sxs based approach that seems to work well with me.  I aim for a percentage, but listen to whether my body is ready for another cut. 

This is a great thread btw.....

Happy New Year!

SS

Thanks for explaining it guys. Really appreciate the advice and support.

Happy new year (although it doesn't feel like it yet)

Happy New Year! 

Two nights ago I started weaning off my 5mgs of Librium.  FINALLY!!  On the long road to healing.  Trying to stay positive for the New Year!

Another big thank you to Gardener99 ( my lifesaver), Builder and Vineet for their help.  I decided to do a water only titration in 150 mls of water starting out at 5% a month. 

May this year be a very healing one for everyone! 

Hi all, been turned on to this thread by SS and along with her kind advice, would like to ask for input from others.

Is it possible to dry microtaper Xanax?

We have 0.5mg pills (been just dry cutting but not microtapering) and will be getting the Gemini scale. 

Is it possible to liquid taper Xanax with water, or must it be with milk or alcohol? 

I want to start microtapering because my mother's having such a hard time, to try to make the days at least somewhat bearable for her, so she can eat and sleep. 

You can dry taper xanax, but it's pretty challenging due to its high potency,  and relatively high-dosage tablet options.  Liquid is much easier.

Yes, you can use milk.  And if you really don't want to use vodka, you can use propylene glycol.

Hello, fellow micro tapering buddies!

Happy New Year!

I wanted to write in again about liquid Librium incase anyone has been searching threads. YES, it is stable in solution. I get it made every two weeks from a compounding pharmacy.

Today I am on 12.90 mg/ml.

I still have icky waves. They happen mostly after my "time of the month" but all in all I feel MUCH better...

I think it took my body almost two years to adjust from being CT'd off of such high doses (2 mg) even if I was only on K for four months. Anyone else agree? Is that a reasonable thought?

I turn 24 this year. This started when I was 20. The rest of my 20s will be spent micro tapering Librium, Gaba, and Remeron.

30s are the best years anyways, right?