Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Hi, everybody.

I'm off (my very short term) benzos use for 7 months, but been on gabapentin for almost that long.  I'm really struggling with it and am in a hold situation. 

There is no micro-taper support page specifically for gabapentin so can I hang with all of you here???  I'm in a hold right now for who knows how long.  My micro-taper got me pretty low and then it went sideways so I'm trying to figure out next steps. 

Anyway, that's that.

Thanks everyone.... good luck.

-RST

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, everybody.

I'm off (my very short term) benzos use for 7 months, but been on gabapentin for almost that long.  I'm really struggling with it and am in a hold situation. 

There is no micro-taper support page specifically for gabapentin so can I hang with all of you here???  I'm in a hold right now for who knows how long.  My micro-taper got me pretty low and then it went sideways so I'm trying to figure out next steps. 

Anyway, that's that.

Thanks everyone.... good luck.

-RST

Congratz on the benzo taper!  Let us know if we can help with your gabapentin taper :-)

Stay strong!

Sharkey

RST sorry I can't help you but I know Everhopeful tapered gabapentin.  She doesn't post anymore but I know she had a buddy blog where she writes about how she did her taper.  You may want to read this and perhaps PM her. I know she is off both the benzo and the gaba now since you posted her success story as well. 

RST sorry I can't help you but I know Everhopeful tapered gabapentin.  She doesn't post anymore but I know she had a buddy blog where she writes about how she did her taper.  You may want to read this and perhaps PM her. I know she is off both the benzo and the gaba now since you posted her success story as well.

Thank you so much.  My gabapentin journey has proven to be more challenging than it's supposed to be....hahahaha. Does that sound familiar to anyone........  I'll look for that thread.  Thanks again.

-RST

Hello everyone, may I please join this group?

I have rapidly dry cut tapered 3 mg K to 1 mg K due to listening to my incompetent pdoc  >:( who will not cross over to V (I'm okay with that), but he refuses to learn about liquid tapering even after I offer him materials to read.  Builder has helped me so much, but I am so dense and in a fog, I don't understand anything.  I am someone who needs structured directions  :-\

My tabs are 1.0 mg K and 0.5 mg K. NO ALCOHOL to mix.

This is what I would like assistance with please:

1. exact materials and solution needed to do this as easily as possible (Amazon, I know)

2. step by step directions on mixing

3. how to daily taper K from 1.0 mg down to 0.0 mg

Will someone please take the time to help me with these directions? I am so slow since withdrawal began in July (in week 14).  PM is preferable.

I have read and re-read the posts, printed out directions, looked at Ashton method, printed out formulas and spreadsheets and all I do is end up crying. I just don't "get it."  :( Please someone help this slow senior citizen in Florida. Thank you, thank you

Pooh  :smitten:

1. exact materials and solution needed to do this as easily as possible (Amazon, I know)

1)  You will need a 1ml and a 10ml oral syringe, and a glass jar with a lid.  (A re-purposed, pickle/olive/salad dressing, etc, jar will will work fine)  You will need food-grade propylene glycol (if you don't want to use vodka).  A 50-60 ml syringe, and/or a 100ml graduated cylinder will be helpful, but not required.  All available from Amazon or other sources.

2)  Drop 10mg of tablets into 20ml of PG (or vodka).  They should quickly breakdown and deconstruct.  If they don't, you can agitate/muddle them to help deconstruct.  There will always be residual solids.  THEY ARE NOT KLONOPIN, don't worry about them.  Add 80ml water.

3)  Here is a schedule that reduces approx 10% every 2 weeks:

1mg      (10ml)

.993mg    (9.93ml)

.986mg    (9.86ml)

.979mg    (9.79ml)

.972mg    (9.72ml)

etc... 

If you look at the schedule, you will see that you are reducing .007mg (.07ml) each day.  Just continue to reduce by that .007mg (.07ml) rate each day.

Using your 1ml and 10ml syringes, these are the amounts that you will draw out of your glass storage jar and drink

The 100ml of dilute liquid that you prepared in step 2 will last approx 10-12 days on that schedule.  Store it at room temp.

Dear, dear Builder . . . I know you have done this for me before, but now I understand better. You are my inspiration. If you can start at 71 and succeed, then I can start at 67 (now 68) and succeed. I really appreciate the step by step. I can't do this dry cut any longer . . .

thank you again, Pooh  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Are people still getting sx while tapering tiny amounts? I tried a liquid taper (valium) when I was tapering and chopped out .05mg per day and got horrible sx. I spose that is still pretty big though and = 1mg per 20 days.

Builder I know you managed to stay symptom free? I still have thoughts of going back on a small dose, stabilising and doing a micro taper with no sx. Or is this a myth? If i could stabilise at 2mg...cutting .01 off per day would mean a 200day taper to freedom.

Is dry cutting with a scale as effective as liquid? I dont think the liquid ever agreed with me.

Are people still getting sx while tapering tiny amounts? I tried a liquid taper (valium) when I was tapering and chopped out .05mg per day and got horrible sx. I spose that is still pretty big though and = 1mg per 20 days.

Builder I know you managed to stay symptom free? I still have thoughts of going back on a small dose, stabilising and doing a micro taper with no sx. Or is this a myth? If i could stabilise at 2mg...cutting .01 off per day would mean a 200day taper to freedom.

Is dry cutting with a scale as effective as liquid? I dont think the liquid ever agreed with me.

Shamo3,

I am microtapering with a scale. I was cutting 0.025 mg every other day (holding for a few weeks right now though) so you were going faster than I can handle. Anyway, I still have symptoms, but it seems like less of a shock to my system than the cut and hold I was doing before. But I think a symptom free taper is just out of the question for many of us.  I really don't see any benefit to you going back on at this point. You tapered pretty sensibly so I don't see how it will help. How are your symptoms?

Don't reinstate.  That would be a bad decision.

Builder I know you managed to stay symptom free?

No, I did NOT stay "symptom-free"!  But my sxs were tolerable and manageable.  I had recurring mild headaches, sleep issues, tremors, muscle twitches, and some other minor annoyances.  But they never really made me non-functional, and most were relieved with other meds...small doses of remeron for sleep, aspirin for headaches, propranolol for tremors, etc.  I'm sure I could have survived fairly well without any adjunct meds, but they did help.

Yes, you can do a daily drycut taper.  Its more labor intensive and less precise, but precision really isn't terribly important.

You really should be able to do a slow, daily taper, and not have any severe sxs.

Hi guys if im to carry out a a microtaper day by day of clonazopam (hope thats spelled right). Its atrivil or somerhing. Would 3 dosesa day bw sufficient or do you all prefer 4 doses or even less say 2 doses?...- thanks friends... from a man in need. Im on 1.5mg. A lot right?

Hey builder,

do you have any tips for those of us trying to fine tune a gabapentin titration?  I've  been doing dry cuts but I'm getting to where I can't measure precisely enough to cut as small as I'd like to.  I know the water titration is one methodology, or a compound pharmacy.  But, do you have any opinion on water titration for those of us on gabapentin???  I don't know about the suspension versus solution argument when your medication source is capsules (powder).

thanks....

-RST

Hey builder,

do you have any tips for those of us trying to fine tune a gabapentin titration?  I've  been doing dry cuts but I'm getting to where I can't measure precisely enough to cut as small as I'd like to.  I know the water titration is one methodology, or a compound pharmacy.  But, do you have any opinion on water titration for those of us on gabapentin???  I don't know about the suspension versus solution argument when your medication source is capsules (powder).

thanks....

-RST

Gabapentin is highly water-soluble (10mg/ml) so you can easily dissolve your tablets in plain water and make a true, evenly-distributed solution.

I have a good friend of mine who dry cut off of K.  He is actual about 3 days from jumping.  If you want me to connect y’all.  I’m sure he would tell you how he did it.

Stay strong!

sharkey

Hi guys if im to carry out a a microtaper day by day of clonazopam (hope thats spelled right). Its atrivil or somerhing. Would 3 dosesa day bw sufficient or do you all prefer 4 doses or even less say 2 doses?...- thanks friends... from a man in need. Im on 1.5mg. A lot right?

Hey roosho,

I responded to your PM.

Sharkey

Hello everyone, may I please join this group?

I have rapidly dry cut tapered 3 mg K to 1 mg K due to listening to my incompetent pdoc  >:( who will not cross over to V (I'm okay with that), but he refuses to learn about liquid tapering even after I offer him materials to read.  Builder has helped me so much, but I am so dense and in a fog, I don't understand anything.  I am someone who needs structured directions  :-\

Will someone please take the time to help me with these directions? I am so slow since withdrawal began in July (in week 14).  PM is preferable.

I have read and re-read the posts, printed out directions, looked at Ashton method, printed out formulas and spreadsheets and all I do is end up crying. I just don't "get it."  :( Please someone help this slow senior citizen in Florida. Thank you, thank you

Pooh,

Check your messages.  I responded to your PM.  And I see builder gave you some great advice also! :thumbsup:

Stay strong!

Sharkey

Pooh I am seemingly in the same boat as you, I am on 1.5 mg klonopin. And I knowhave we will get the help we need, keep the faith. You will be fine. We will be fine I canhave feel it.. there aew angels on this website. I havel a little girl I neeex to survive for. I hope you find peace.

Hey builder,

thanks....

-RST

Gabapentin is highly water-soluble (10mg/ml) so you can easily dissolve your tablets in plain water and make a true, evenly-distributed solution.

As always, thanks for taking the time to respond to those of us in need.  It is very much appreciated.

All the best,

-RST

Pooh I am seemingly in the same boat as you, I am on 1.5 mg klonopin. And I knowhave we will get the help we need, keep the faith. You will be fine. We will be fine I canhave feel it.. there aew angels on this website. I havel a little girl I neeex to survive for. I hope you find peace.

Thanks, Rossho for the support. I am trying so hard. Went from 3 mg K, now holding by dry cut at 1 mg. Builder, Sharkey, so supportive and helpful. Again and again these guys answer my dumb, repetitive questions. So patient and understanding. They are my heroes, especially Builder for repeatedly giving me advice not to fret.

I hope some day I can be of help to someone else like these guys.

Builder I know you managed to stay symptom free?

No, I did NOT stay "symptom-free"!  But my sxs were tolerable and manageable.  I had recurring mild headaches, sleep issues, tremors, muscle twitches, and some other minor annoyances.  But they never really made me non-functional, and most were relieved with other meds...small doses of remeron for sleep, aspirin for headaches, propranolol for tremors, etc.  I'm sure I could have survived fairly well without any adjunct meds, but they did help.

Yes, you can do a daily drycut taper.  Its more labor intensive and less precise, but precision really isn't terribly important.

You really should be able to do a slow, daily taper, and not have any severe sxs.

Ohh my mistake. Not sure why I thought you did. What speed were you tapering builder?

Ok guys so im in a world if S.H.I.... you know what. I wasnt stabalizing on the valium and now I dont seem to be stabalizing on 1.5mg clonazopam either. I dont feel completely in the foetal position crying but my whole body feels a little anrsy a lot of th day,. Il explain antsy because most people dont seem to understand. My legs feel slighlty restless and very slightly prickly andpear my bodybody is in just enough discomfort for me to not fully enjoy a good book lol. Does this hitis home for anyone? Any solutions?. Do I just start slow microtaper anyway? Doesnt seem to want to settle 100 percent. Almost never feel just normal. Or doI I go up to 2 mg per day? Big risk? Any suggestions?

Guys recently suffered a setback and cant seem to stsbalize on valium or now clonazopam. History I took a lot of stilknox zolpidem in past about 4 years ago. Did not know they were bad, took for about 4 months. Stopped no problem. A year later took 1 a night for another month. Came off got anxiety, never put 2 and 2 together so went to psych for help with aniety. He gave me way too much. xanax. Like 3mg per day for 3 days, icut this in half again not knowing the danger but I felt depressed andd robotic so I had to. Then symptoms hit hard a day later so again not knowing and being old by doc im lying I cut entire dose not knowing what was happening. All hell broke loose. I healed from this cold turkey. Jump a year fowrd after being healed and I have suffered a mysterious setback... was so bad I felt like id lost my mind so reinstated valium. This didnt take well so I replaced it clonazepam. Still not stabalizing 100 percent. Could this maybe be because the real problem is the initial over use of zolpidem all those years ago? Even though I havent touched it since my xanax debacle over a year ago now? Or should the valium or clonozapam cover that base anyways if it was a zolpidem issue? Im just confused. I reinstated on 30 mg valium, im fine but not stable, then 1.5 clonozapam witch srill finw but restless. Just confused. Surely even if this relates back to overuse of stillknox zolpidem the valium or K should cover the gap anyway? Or do you have to treat with zolpidem? Im lost..in short I have been healed for a year, touched no drugs or alcohol, had a viscious setback from what I think was a vitamin b overdose. If this is a zolpidem/stillknox related setback should the vslium or clonozapam cover that anyway? Does this make sense? Please guys. The only thing im taking now is clonazopam.