Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group

[sh...]

Jeff,

Good luck to you!!  I was reading your signature and noticed we both have been on benzos for a very long time.  Me it's 20 years almost.  Never knew what it was doing to me.  Doc said I could take it forever.  I will never touch another one once I get off!  I had to go to my old neuro doc who prescribed this stuff to me many years ago...luckily he hasn't retired just yet.  Anyway, he saved my life many years ago as I was pain free and could function again.  Now he's gonna save my life again by continuing to give me these drugs so I can get off.  He'll be getting an earful from me in the next 21 months of weaning.  He thinks it's so easy and maybe it will be for me but he's fixing to be enlightened. 

Again, good luck and take care!

Ah yes, a fellow long-timer in this club. Not the kind of club we like though, right? I'm just really glad that you have a doc that'll agree to give you this stuff so you can taper at your rate. I had a miserable time with that. It's still not a good situation, but I'm making it work. Really inconvenient. I haven't posted much here because I was holding for so long, but I read everybody else's posts. We'll be in touch! Good luck with your 21 month ride. At my rate, I'm looking at 21 years!!!

Bless ya,

Jeff

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [ga...]

• [...]

• [bu...]

• [Ul...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving along slowly on my DMT with Librium. A lot of my main sxs have been at bay lately which is amazing but now I just got a new one for the past week that I never had before- tinnitus. My cut rate is very very conservative and I was actually hoping to ramp it up a bit. Is it normal to get this new sx? Does it mean I should hold- like will it go away/improve if I do? Or do I just keep going bc the other sxs are so much better? I'm confused on whether to hold or keep cutting.

I've been doing DMT for 2 months now. Thanks for input!!

Holy cow, my ears have been ringing for 2 yrs and 3 months as a result of my brutally slow taper. They ring 24/7 but really amp up if anxiety kicks into high gear. I've held numerous times for various things such as surgery, but nothing has touched my tinnitus to this point. I guess every human body is just flat out different. I'm just getting going again after holding due to back pain and reinjury. We'll see. Good luck with your tinnitus!! Maybe it'll come and go rather than hang around consistently. Doesn't matter...it'll all be over someday :)

Jeff

Jeff!!  Good luck with restarting your taper!  Holler if you need anything my friend.

Stay strong!

sharkey

You know I will, Sharkenheimer. Thank you for all of your support. And, how 'bout dem Tigers?! LSU Tigers...not Auburn :) . I still think it's going to be a long season for our Tigers, but we'll see how it Geaux's :)

Jeff

Yeah I think thats what the liquid folks do. Mine seem to kinda average out somewhere around 172-176 g. When I switched I just picked 172 as my starting point. Now it seems when I use one of the BIG pills Im cutting a whole lot off that pill and the light pills hardly any- which seems like it should even out I know. And maybe its just a coincedence but I felt good while I was holding and after a few weeks of cutting I  am having symptoms I never had before. Im sorry switchimg to liquid has been tough for you it seems like its either a dream or a nightmare going liquid!

Hi Kittybeanbag,

Maybe get an average weight of 10 pills?  And use that weight?  When I first joined I remember reading that at some point.  You probably know that tho. 

I switched to liquid a couple of weeks ago...now I feel like my med is not working at all for me.  I stabilized at first but now not so much.

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out if going to part liquid is a good idea for me since I'm so sensitive and am having a terrible time with my taper.

Could some of you weigh in and tell if you like it or not and if the transition was hard. Thanks

HS

Hi.

I'm trying to figure out if going to part liquid is a good idea for me since I'm so sensitive and am having a terrible time with my taper.

Could some of you weigh in and tell if you like it or not and if the transition was hard. Thanks

HS

FWIW, I learned about liquid micro tapers and started my DLMT when I was on the old BDR board.  Everyone on that forum was doing a liquid taper, and I never heard of anyone who said that liquid was different, or that they had any problem switching to liquid.  It really seems to be phenomenon that only happens on BB.

HS- the only way I was able to go below .375mg was via liquid, although, I did not do a micro taper.  What I did was .01mg at a time, but when I am done with this hold, I am going to really do a MICRO taper, and only taper like  .001mg at a time, or something crazy small like that. 

HS- the only way I was able to go below .375mg was via liquid, although, I did not do a micro taper.  What I did was .01mg at a time, but when I am done with this hold, I am going to really do a MICRO taper, and only taper like  .001mg at a time, or something crazy small like that.

Not to be nit-picky, but that IS a microtaper.  Its just not a daily microtaper.  Microtaper simply means tiny decrements.

Not to be nit-picky, but that IS a microtaper.  Its just not a daily microtaper.  Microtaper simply means tiny decrements.

Fair enough.  It was a micro taper, and honestly, at a higher dose, that would have been smooth sailing.  But now,down as this tiny dose, I feel the need to really make the cuts super small.

Healing Seeker,

I switched my total dose of 5 mgs of Librium to liquid on 9/29.  It felt like a small cut...minor sxs but very manageable and tolerable.  I did react to the little bit of alcohol I put in it so had to ditch that.  But I'm feeling pretty good and it only took me 7 days to stabilize.  It's worth it to be able to do a daily micro taper.  I honestly don't know why some people feel worse on the liquid...I know of some in my FB group that have reacted to the change in delivery systems but they hang in there and eventually stabilize.  I'm glad I did it!  Much easier than weighing the powder for me since mine comes in a capsule.  Some in my FB group do half liquid, half dry too. 

Good luck to you!

Healing Seeker,

I switched my total dose of 5 mgs of Librium to liquid on 9/29.  It felt like a small cut...minor sxs but very manageable and tolerable.  I did react to the little bit of alcohol I put in it so had to ditch that.  But I'm feeling pretty good and it only took me 7 days to stabilize.  It's worth it to be able to do a daily micro taper.  I honestly don't know why some people feel worse on the liquid...I know of some in my FB group that have reacted to the change in delivery systems but they hang in there and eventually stabilize.  I'm glad I did it!  Much easier than weighing the powder for me since mine comes in a capsule.  Some in my FB group do half liquid, half dry too. 

Good luck to you!

Lib, Some people use full fat milk (dairy or almond or whatever) to dissolve their benzo. I believe they are creating a solution rather than a suspension that way, which is safer. Perhaps builder has more info or knows someone who does.

Gard :)

Today I hit a milestone. I am now at 3 capsules even. I've been pushing hard to get here ahead of the holidays and my kids' birthdays. I didn't think I'd make it because I had to go above 10%/month to do it, something I was not able to do last year (5% is more my rate). But, I made it exactly one week before my son's birthday. I confess, I feel like death warmed over, and I don't think I'll try a sprint like that again, but I made it! Now I will hold and recover and not cut until the New Year. I dose 3x/day, so at 3 capsules I don't have to dissolve capsules every night while I hold!!! :D :D :D

GARD...thank you and CONGRATS!!  You are a brave lady.  I hope you get stable soon (I'm sure you will) and will get to enjoy all the festivities to come!!  I plan on holding too till December 26th..lol. 

Again, I don't know what I would have done without your help...I'm now very used to opening my capsules, shaking and drinking...lol.  Mainly I can open the capsules faster and I get no powder on my fingers.  Woohoo...oh the stuff that excites me now! haha

Again, Congrats!! 

Love,

Lib

Today I hit a milestone. I am now at 3 capsules even. I've been pushing hard to get here ahead of the holidays and my kids' birthdays. I didn't think I'd make it because I had to go above 10%/month to do it, something I was not able to do last year (5% is more my rate). But, I made it exactly one week before my son's birthday. I confess, I feel like death warmed over, and I don't think I'll try a sprint like that again, but I made it! Now I will hold and recover and not cut until the New Year. I dose 3x/day, so at 3 capsules I don't have to dissolve capsules every night while I hold!!! :D :D :D

Congratz Gard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smitten: :smitten:

Stay Strong!

Sharkey

That's a big accomplishment, Gard!

Thanks, everybody! It was weird today having only capsules take. But my bottles are put away out of sight for 2 months. I feel so spoiled. ;D

If I come open here talking about titrating again before January, somebody please :nono: me.

Sharkey, congrats on your milestone. 1000 posts! :D

Hi Gard,

Congratulations to you!!  What an accomplishment.  Don't worry, I will remind you.  I am so happy for you.

Anne  :smitten: :smitten:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :yippee: :yippee: :smitten:

SS

This is my 1000th post!  That is all for now :)

The Royal-Sharkenheimer...I'm sure I'll be around for number 2000. Then again, I bet you won't be. We'll open up a BB's Hall of Fame and stick you there when/if you hit 2000 :) . Geaux have a ramblin' day!

Jeff

You're Batman (Batwoman, I guess)!!!! Congrats, Miss Gard!! Enjoy the break. You're a blessing to so many here on BB's.

Hugs,

Jeff