Mentoring - those who are well (or better) reassuring those who struggle.

[Fl...]

You guys warm my heart. I love that some of you are also finding the subtle beauty underneath it all. 

There is a great song called One (I think). I’ll see if I can find it and post it here.

I do think we have greater access to or greater appreciation for the simple, profound beauty in life. Especially the beauty of the natural world. It feels like a bit of a rebirth.

I’ll try to find that song...

Found it!

I especially like the line, “Underneath what’s detectable with eyes, every particle is vibrating with the one life”.

I totally believe that in my heart, just right now, while I feel so bad, I would just to see it :smitten:

Hope you all find it as meaningful as I do. It still makes me cry with awe.

❤️

Flip

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fl...]

• [pr...]

• [No...]

• [bo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys warm my heart. I love that some of you are also finding the subtle beauty underneath it all. 

There is a great song called One (I think). I’ll see if I can find it and post it here.

I do think we have greater access to or greater appreciation for the simple, profound beauty in life. Especially the beauty of the natural world. It feels like a bit of a rebirth.

I’ll try to find that song...

Found it!

I especially like the line, “Underneath what’s detectable with eyes, every particle is vibrating with the one life”.

Hope you all find it as meaningful as I do. It still makes me cry with awe.

❤️

Flip

You always find the good stuff Flip, I needed that mind shift tonight

:smitten: :smitten:

Flip..I keep rereading your post when ever I am struggling .. I use this word 'struggling' , but actually I'm not struggling in the true essence of the word.  I have some difficult times. They don't last . They are challenging , and then I got to thinking about life ..really.. isn't it difficult at times and challenging for everyone? I'm not special just because I've spent 40 odd years on Ativan .. I'm special because I have survived 40 odd years on Ativan and now for whatever the reason I'm experiencing difficult and challenging times. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to move away from this way of thinking about the blips ... I walk the dog and it is not a chore any longer . Let's get this done quickly .. now I laugh when he almost seems to skip along happy and carefree. Just enjoying the present .. I have lessons to learn from him .. regardless of what today brings ... any pain in the joints , maybe some obsessive thoughts , they are  just part of me and who I am .. next month I celebrate turning 65 ... what an achievement ..the best us yet to come .. love to you all .. and I really mean that. BB

Flip..I keep rereading your post when ever I am struggling .. I use this word 'struggling' , but actually I'm not struggling in the true essence of the word.  I have some difficult times. They don't last . They are challenging , and then I got to thinking about life ..really.. isn't it difficult at times and challenging for everyone? I'm not special just because I've spent 40 odd years on Ativan .. I'm special because I have survived 40 odd years on Ativan and now for whatever the reason I'm experiencing difficult and challenging times. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to move away from this way of thinking about the blips ... I walk the dog and it is not a chore any longer . Let's get this done quickly .. now I laugh when he almost seems to skip along happy and carefree. Just enjoying the present .. I have lessons to learn from him .. regardless of what today brings ... any pain in the joints , maybe some obsessive thoughts , they aren't just part of me and who I am .. next month I celebrate turning 65 ... what an achievement ..the best us yet to come .. love to you all .. and I really mean that. BB

I love this. Thank you! I keep telling myself I had 52 years of a very very blessed life mentally. I was so strong and resilient. Now I am more "normal" and have to deal with life like a lot of other people do when it comes to struggles and stress and anxiety. I'm thankful for the 52 years of a more peaceful brain and ability to cope better but I will forge on with life being thankful nonetheless.

I love it, too! What a gift that level of acceptance is for both of you - for all of us!

The longer I live, the more I realize that showing up in the present moment is the secret to life. Animals are masters at it. It’s really all they ever do if they are healthy and haven’t been abused.

Somewhere in all of this, do you feel your past wounds turning into gifts?

Aaah .. that's a tricky one .. my past wounds turned into gifts.. at times I still lament the loss of 40 years , but ..I'm not stuck in that thought .  It just comes and goes as a feeling , and I accept it as such ..  I mean who knows what that 40 years would have been like anyway ..

I've learnt to accept tnoughts as just that .. just thoughts ..

I'm not resentful or bitter any more , but accepting it as a gift .. no , not quite there yet!!

But you are! I don’t mean necessarily a gift to you. I meant more as a gift to give others. That post you did abut acceptance and living in and appreciating this moment? That was a gift. To me. To FakeIt. To others. Truly.

But you are! I don’t mean necessarily a gift to you. I meant more as a gift to give others. That post you did abut acceptance and living in and appreciating this moment? That was a gift. To me. To FakeIt. To others. Truly.

I concur!! A true gift.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone! I just discovered this thread and I’m so grateful. I’m really struggling right now and needed to find some encouragement! I will write my history later when I’m able. Thank you all so much for giving me hope! I want my life back! It’s a wonderful life! :smitten:

After 2 days of mega symptoms, I had an awesome and very productive day today! I am so grateful! Then out of the blue my blood pressure spikes and I start feeling awful again, I try so hard to stay positive, but it is so hard! Any advice from any buddies would be so helpful! Thanks 🙏

After 2 days of mega symptoms, I had an awesome and very productive day today! I am so grateful! Then out of the blue my blood pressure spikes and I start feeling awful again, I try so hard to stay positive, but it is so hard! Any advice from any buddies would be so helpful! Thanks 🙏

Sometimes we tend to overdue it when we are feeling great; which actually causes us to get fatigued and/or get our blood pumping too much. I used to also "over think" feeling better. Like, it would ramp me up and I would subsequently crash....like THAT makes any sense. Lol!  I've learned in the past few weeks to normalize feeling better. I don't let it excite me and I don't think "wow I feel great today I am going to accomplish all I can".

Accept that feeling better is a sign of healing and that you are going to pull through this and have the rest of your life to accomplish things. Be gentle with yourself. People used to tell me that and I didn't understand what they meant for a while.  Once you begin truly practicing it it makes a huge difference.

Hi everyone,

I hope today has been one of peace and more healing, with a lot of joy on top.  I love this mentoring idea and thread, as so many of us are still navigating the strange and merciless waters of tapering and wd.  I’ve been hit particularly hard with depression at the moment.  Hormones are playing a part, as my body is trying so hard to make that time of the month happen.  This just feels very heavy and I’m wondering if it’s just something that is “normal” for benzo WD? 

I’ve heard it can amplify symptoms when it’s hormonal and/or when getting sick with a cold or flu.  I’m reaching for some hope and reassurance because I’ve not felt this particular kind of depression before.  Trying not to let it scare me.

Thank you all, love and hugs to you.

Uni

Hi everyone,

I hope today has been one of peace and more healing, with a lot of joy on top.  I love this mentoring idea and thread, as so many of us are still navigating the strange and merciless waters of tapering and wd.  I’ve been hit particularly hard with depression at the moment.  Hormones are playing a part, as my body is trying so hard to make that time of the month happen.  This just feels very heavy and I’m wondering if it’s just something that is “normal” for benzo WD? 

I’ve heard it can amplify symptoms when it’s hormonal and/or when getting sick with a cold or flu.  I’m reaching for some hope and reassurance because I’ve not felt this particular kind of depression before.  Trying not to let it scare me.

Uni

Hi Uni  :hug: Yes your correct the above can accelerate symptoms and monthly's do it big time its so common we're a slave to our hormones being women normally,  which are messed up in withdrawal any way, and it also effects male hormones too. I'm the other side if the coin I'm post menopausal and its even harder to go through tapering and withdrawal  for post menopausal women than  anyone to, there's lots of information to back it up but I'm too much in a mess to go wandering the web putting up links. You should feel better once your monthly are done with, the reason why you feel worse is women actually go through a drop in  GABAA during their cycle, a mini withdrawal  hence PMT in some women ,  mood swings, depression gut issues etc  sound familiar?

It will  like things do eventually pass , its the hormones messing with you on top of messed up hormones from the withdrawal that's why it feels so profound but it will pass with your monthly cycle.  :) I hope this helps you to understand a bit better why you feel like you do and that you feel better for knowing what your going through is normal, it can even lengthen your periods or make your flow heavier so if that happens don't panic just allow it to come and go the best you can, its all part of withdrawal and healing.

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Healing DOES HAPPEN !

CT last April from K.

Started getting rid of the vestibular symptoms last Monday, and NOW I do believe this storm shall pass. If you're suffering from this lightheaded and boat floating symptoms, be sure, this all shall pass. Believe in you withdrawal process.

3 things that are helping a lot:

1) Work your body as hard as you can. I'm cycling ( indoor or outdoor every single day, at least 1h) and Crossfit+Gym 40 min, as hard as I can.

2) Eat good ! drink lots of liquids, exclude Cola/Sodas and Caffeine.

3) Read the blogs and forums. This will make you reassure that healing can be done, and you can make happen. Just don't sit in your couch and wait for it to happen, go for it.

Best

Hi everyone,

Uni

Hi Uni  :hug: Yes your correct the above can accelerate symptoms and monthly's do it big time its so common we're a slave to our hormones being women normally,  which are messed up in withdrawal any way, and it also effects male hormones too. I'm the other side if the coin I'm post menopausal and its even harder to go through tapering and withdrawal  for post menopausal women than  anyone to, there's lots of information to back it up but I'm too much in a mess to go wandering the web putting up links. You should feel better once your monthly are done with, the reason why you feel worse is women actually go through a drop in  GABAA during their cycle, a mini withdrawal  hence PMT in some women ,  mood swings, depression gut issues etc  sound familiar?

It will  like things do eventually pass , its the hormones messing with you on top of messed up hormones from the withdrawal that's why it feels so profound but it will pass with your monthly cycle.  :) I hope this helps you to understand a bit better why you feel like you do and that you feel better for knowing what your going through is normal, it can even lengthen your periods or make your flow heavier so if that happens don't panic just allow it to come and go the best you can, its all part of withdrawal and healing.

Thank you Nova!  Yes, what you said is all happening, even the gut issues.  My body is trying so hard to get regular again and it’s been worrisome because it started then suddenly stopped two days later.  But I feel like I’m still in PMS mentally and physically.  So thank you for assuring me that everything revs up during these hormonal fluctuations.  I had no idea GABA drops during this.  I just noticed I’m not my usual optimistic self and stqrt4d to get very worried.  I’ll try my best to ride it out and just let it happen.  Thank you again :hug:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Uni

Thank you Nova!  Yes, what you said is all happening, even the gut issues.  My body is trying so hard to get regular again and it’s been worrisome because it started then suddenly stopped two days later.  But I feel like I’m still in PMS mentally and physically.  So thank you for assuring me that everything revs up during these hormonal fluctuations.  I had no idea GABA drops during this.  I just noticed I’m not my usual optimistic self and stqrt4d to get very worried.  I’ll try my best to ride it out and just let it happen.  Thank you again :hug:

I entered wd 2 months after I stopped my birth control. My mom is convinced that I never even went into wd and that my 4 months of my worst symptoms were attributed to my whacked hormones... I know it was wd,  but the birth-control situation definitely did not help. I still get kind of aggressive when I get my period... I can say that I’m about a year out and my depression is not nearly as bad as it was my first 6 to 8 months. My first six months I was convinced that the world was ending and that I was dying. I saw no light. Everything was gloom and doom, and I didn’t understand how anyone could have fun. These feelings have definitely lifted… Although they’re not gone, but they have lifted a bit. How far out are you? I forgot to check your signature before answering this.

Hi Caligrl,

I didn’t see your response until now, for some reason.  I’m not off, had to reinstate from a CT and now doing DLMT. 

Thank you for sharing your experience, I’m glad you’re getting relief from constant depression and doom.  That’s such a great sign and the healing is sure to continue. 

I’ve only had one period since CT and have been on the verge of having a second one for two months.  I’m in a constant whacked out hormonal state and wish my cycle would return to normal during this.  I feel it’s complicating things being in perpetual PMS. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Healing DOES HAPPEN !

CT last April from K.

Started getting rid of the vestibular symptoms last Monday, and NOW I do believe this storm shall pass. If you're suffering from this lightheaded and boat floating symptoms, be sure, this all shall pass. Believe in you withdrawal process.

3 things that are helping a lot:

1) Work your body as hard as you can. I'm cycling ( indoor or outdoor every single day, at least 1h) and Crossfit+Gym 40 min, as hard as I can.

2) Eat good ! drink lots of liquids, exclude Cola/Sodas and Caffeine.

3) Read the blogs and forums. This will make you reassure that healing can be done, and you can make happen. Just don't sit in your couch and wait for it to happen, go for it.

Best

Thank you for sharing...Best to you! Following this thread.