Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

Today:

I am grateful for the very nice woman at Curves who so patiently explained the program to me.

I was grateful today as I was vacuuming that I did not "kill" my new vacuum 18 months ago when I was in a withdrawal rage and took it out on the vacuum.  (because I could not grasp how to work it )

I am grateful that Starbucks makes Skinny Iced Mocha's !  (It was so yummy)

;D ;D ;D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Kb, I've had some rageful impulses--wanting to throw or break things (remote controls, cell phone, computer, etc.) or say something super ugly has simmered there on the surface. Usually I know how unreasonable I am (although that remote control can really ask for it) so I try to breathe and stay mum until I can see straight. OK, sometimes some muttering of profanity.

Today I'm grateful that I'm angry/irritable a little less of the time and it doesn't get as severe or last as long. Also that I was able to think better at work today with very little anxiety. After last week being an anxietyfest, it was a welcome respite.

I'm grateful today that I drove my car... with my daughter, went to the dog centre and went walking with one of the dogs there. Enjoyed it very much... and am proud of myself... because there were times that I simply was to scared to drive my car... as cause of those dumb meds ! And it stopped raining and we kept it dry during our walk ! That's why I'm happy today !

MT,  I probably used a bit of profanity myself when I was trying to murder my new vacuum !  And of course now, I love this vacuum.  LOL ! 

I am grateful today for a partial window that is going to make my morning a lot easier.

I am grateful for a sweet and loving husband who steps up and does more when he sees me limping.

I am grateful for this unseasonably warm weather we are having.  It was 86° here in Southern California yesterday.

Shakemarieke,  so glad you were able to enjoy a nice walk with your dog.

;D:D;D:D

I'm grateful that I'm feeling a lot better than I was yesterday from last weeks cut. I am grateful I'm flying down to Disney and getting out of cold and dreary New York. I'm laughing my ass off right now about you guys not killing your vacuum cleaners.  And yes I can relate. Lol

Hi - Wow KB - jealous of those temps.  It's hard to be grateful about below freezing weather but I pushed ahead to walk  the dog.  Grateful for my rescue Westie that makes me go out no matter how I'm feeling.

Grateful that I live in an area where I can get a massage, too , yesterday -- felt good while it was happening, anyway.

Ha, my son killed our "good" vacuum.  Grateful I found someone who could fix it (for a price).  Wendy

Way to go Shake :thumbsup: Being able to drive again is a big deal.

Kb, maybe our appliances and electronic devices will stop trying to pick fights with us. I'm quite certain that my electronics and appliances are sometimes out to get me. We only feel like killing things because we care about them :laugh:

Good job getting out Wanna. I had to really talk myself into taking my walk today in 23 degrees. I wore snow pants and a ski coat so I was a svelte, determined figure. I felt better afterwards so it was worth the challenge.

Jayne, when do you leave for Disney?

Jayne,  hope you have a blast in Disney World. (World ? Land? )

I am grateful for Chewie, the little lovebird that keeps me amused while I iron.  ( I would rather have a root canal than iron - ok, not really)

I am grateful for my BarcaLounger.  (ugly but oh so comfy)

I am grateful to be retired while going through this.  It must be very hard to be raising children and working while in withdrawal. 

:D;D:laugh::D;D:laugh:

Thanks KB45. I'll be posting for sure. The four of them are upstairs so excited. I've been meditating today because my anxiety has been high. God save the Queen! Lol.

I'm grateful I made it through another work week and don't have to go back until next Tuesday. Also, grateful that even though I feel anxious all of the time at work, that's now how I feel all of the rest of the time.

MT - did you mean that it is "not" how you feel all the rest of the time - I hope? 

I'm grateful I made it through a parent/kid/school event and just plowed through it feeling like I was in a tunnel when talking with people.  But I got through it.  W

I am grateful that my children are middleaged grandparents.  They understand how difficult a time this is for me.

I am grateful that I decided to discontinue the Xanax. 

I am grateful that today is going to be a beautiful day for working in my garden !

Hugs,  KB

I am grateful we made it to Disney World. The Grand Floridian is absolutely beautiful and 78 degrees. Grateful I just shipped the girls off to the Magic Kingdom. I'm lying by the pool and it feels wonderful to be out of New Yorks subzero temps.

MT - did you mean that it is "not" how you feel all the rest of the time - I hope? 

I'm grateful I made it through a parent/kid/school event and just plowed through it feeling like I was in a tunnel when talking with people.  But I got through it.  W

Oops. Words are so slippery. Yep, thankful that I don't feel anxious all of the time anymore. Mostly just at work.

Today when I was at exercise class I realized that it felt natural interacting with the ladies. I remember last year having to keep a running chat going in my head reminding me to: "smile, make eye contact, ask them about how they're doing, pull shoulders back," etc. I was like a robot that needed constant instructions to look even a little bit normal. Now I have to do that some at work but regular interaction feels pretty OK. Yay.

Jayne, so good to hear you've made it to Disney intact. Enjoy the warmth. As the guy says on my yoga DVD, "Savor what's happening."

It seems gratitude is the state of being and thankfulness expresses that gratitude.

I feel thankful that I feel good this morning. May it continue.

Love Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

Yay, Jackie!

I'm grateful I don't have as much to do today and it won't be tragic if I get nothing done as it's a rough day. I'm meeting a friend for lunch. Part of me wants to bail but going will likely be enjoyable and distracting so I'm going to make it happen. Every friend is a gift that has to be nurtured.

MT, Hope you enjoy your luncheon and it distracts you from your symptoms today.

I am grateful to have a sweet, helpful husband to help me clear out the kitchen, laundry room and bathrooms for next weeks plumbing projects.

MTfan. Glad you made it to lunch. Hope your anxiety has subsided somewhat. Alls well here at the Magic Kingdom. Am thankful we will be going home Tuesday and not staying for a week. Lol. There are droves of people and shrieking kids everywhere.  Strange but I've been sleeping much better here than at home. Maybe the sun is helping. Who knows. Hope all my buddies here are doing ok.

Hi buds. Lunch with my friend was mostly enjoyable. But we're getting to that point where it can be awkward to share some things because of her lack of comfort and familiarity with benzo wd. Insomnia, anxiety, insecurity, all of those symptoms, and others seem pretty way out without our context. But to have something to complain about here--being able to go out to lunch with a new friend--is actually something to be thankful for :) Today I feel better than yesterday and Friday. Hooray!

KB, that's terrific that your husband is helping out and is sweet.

Jayne, lots of sensory overload there but it sounds like you're dealing with it well (and even sleeping better!) and enjoying it. You probably couldn't imagine doing so several months ago. :thumbsup:

MTFan. I have not stepped into the crazy kingdom.  I stay at the pool and the beach. My earbuds are at the ready to drown out the crying babies and just about everything. Didn't sleep a wink last night. Thing it was because my husband and daughter got into a pissing match at dinner. I didn't like confrontation before my taper :smitten::thumbsup: and its seems now it throws me into a tailspin.  Negative looping thoughts all last night. Back at the "beach" now hiding behind the palm trees from the "normals". Lol

Flying home Tuesday. Thank God. Glad you are feeling better and had a good lunch. Xoxo

[c8...]
I am grateful to my wonderful beautiful girlfriend who has put up with so much she is a rock and i love her v much she painted a card for me with a humming bird on it flying towards a light,the humming bird is me and the light is the end of this.Iam grateful to a member of this site who has been fantastic beyond words ,he has helped me through some pretty rough times and i cant thank him enough.i am grateful that i managed to go out and get my girlfriend a valentine card when i felt so bad,i wanted to run home but i stood in the shop and chose the one I thought was best.

That's a nice post, cuthbert.  It does take effort to do what used to be small things.  But it is especially nice that your task was to get something for your girlfriend.

I've had a few window-ish days lately which I am truly grateful for and I was able to run around with my son to do all kinds of things before this brutal cold in the northeast hit. 

W