• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so grateful for this uplifting thread.  When I read about what others are grateful for, it reminds me of my many blessings. 

:hug: :hug: Hugs BB's !

You will Begood or he will find you.  You are very lovable. Xoxo :smitten:

Begood,

Yep, you will. But it doesn't even have to be a sig. other. Any other carbon based lifeform (I believe that includes critters) that you hang onto for 30 seconds or more will cause your brain to release this great chemical. I'm sending you a hug now. I just noticed again  your quote about your superpower. I love it!

I just saw something it seems I haven't seen in ages...the sun. It's been behind clouds for so long that it's a miraculous sight. Perhaps that's what our recovery will be like--a sudden break in the clouds that starts happening more and more frequently until it's a regular thing.

MTfan, how very kind of you to send me a hug, I am considering a puppy, just have not made up my mind. I have taken everything I have in my

arsenal, and I am  :oXo: any way I can, and the one thing they hate, just like Vampires hate Garlic, they do not like Positivity for sure. Seeing and feeling

the Sun does wonders. Onward we all go to our light at the end of the Tunnel. :thumbsup::smitten:

I'm grateful for this thread...

It reminds me daily to appreciate the abundance in my life. It reminds me to never take things for granted.

It reminds me to cultivate hope and fortitude during this journey. It brings me into contact with like minded buddies.

Begood, I second Jayne's motion for a puppy ;D

MTfan, thanks for this wonderful thread. It's uplifting and literally a breath of fresh air  :)  :hug:

Left

Today I am grateful for my friends.  I had a text this morning to meet a friend at Starbucks.  She understands that I am reluctant to make plans very much in advance because I don't know how I will feel.  She texted me "Hey lady, feel like meeting me at Starbucks in an hour ?  It was just perfect.  (plumbers are not here today) Sat for an hour and just chatted and laughed.  Friendship is such a gift.

:) :) :) :) :)

Today, I am really tired, but decided to check in, and I have to say, what I am grateful for today, is to read that Kb45 met with a friend and it was fun.

and that Jayne and Left are in agreement about getting a puppy. Sometime just reading others words, just makes you grateful to be here on this

earth and thank goodness for BB, I have met so many special people and it makes this Journey doable. Glad I have a safe place to come and write

my thoughts, I don't feel like threading too far out, because sometimes we get bit in the behind and that is not fun. MTFan, you made it possible to

have some place to come like now and just be.  :hug::mybuddy::smitten:

OK - grateful I have access to an acupuncturist who makes a difference.  Grateful I am not in that wave since yesterday afternoon following acupuncture Tues.  Weird.  Hope it is the acupuncture, then I feel like a can help myself.  Thnx. W

I'm grateful I was able to get out and get things done despite my total lack of sleep last night. I am thankful I am not in total fear of my new taper.  Much different than how I was in the beginning. I have all to be greatful for but I am too tired to type. Lol. Xoxo :smitten:

I'm grateful I made it through my difficult workday. It's such a precious relief to be home and have the weekend in front of me. I've made some plans to help me get through my husband being out of town from tomorrow until 3 weekends from now. I'm thankful I'm not freaked out. Last time he left for this long I was much sicker with wd stuff so it's progress that this isn't feeling unmanageable. I plan on finding the solitude and free time enjoyable. It's good to know I'm not alone, my buddies. I can always come here if I'm feeling isolated.

MTfan,  You are going to be alone for three weeks ?  We are here !  I am a bit lost when hubs is out of town for a few days on business.  I wish he would retire but he enjoys his work.  I try to do things that I would not do if hubs were home.  I might have popcorn for dinner.  I might spend hours in an antique store.  I play classical music on the radio.  But my hubby has never been gone for three weeks.  That would be difficult. 

I am grateful that the painfully skinny pregnant stray cat that has been hanging around our home for the past few months had her kittens in the laundry room last night.  There are two doors in our laundry room.  One goes outside which I always leave open and the other goes into our home.  I closed and locked the door leading outside so Mom Cat and her five kittens are safe.  I will have access to the kittens and can make sure they are well socialized.  And I will get Mom Cat spayed after the group of five adorable black and white kittens are weaned.  I was afraid she would have them outside in the bushes somewhere. 

I am grateful that on Wednesday evening for the first time since September I was able to have a shower, I couldn't even have a proper wash since September either and cut my matted hair as I can't brush or comb it and that was last brushed in September as well. I am grateful its no longer last September  ;D That the different birds are now all appearing and the cheeky squirrels are once again robbing the bird feeder even though I put food out for them  :)

MT :hug: Although you will miss hubbies company I'm sure you'll be okay  :thumbsup: I live alone with no help or contact with anyone except the delivery people and I'm surviving. And I am amazed that many days I feel I can't get through but I do, its in isolation that you find the power within you I believe and lose the belief system you can't function as the unique being you are alone.

I thought that when my now ex left me when I was really ill because of then unknown tolerance WD and kept getting misdiagnosed. Oh boy!! did I seriously underestimate myself or what?I now belive I am the bravest strongest person I know  ;) we may feel weak in suffering but that doesn't mean we're weak in our self. Its just a symptom it doesn't define us you will do just fine :hug: and your hubbie will be back soon, besides you can come and have a moan or gossip with the rest of us on here  ;D

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Nova1. Good for you!!! :thumbsup:

MTFan. You will not be alone!  We are all here for you. Xoxo

I'm grateful it's Friday and there are no horseshoes this weekend. Hallelujah! Grateful that I think I slep a little last night. Lol  :smitten:

I am grateful that Nova had nice running water over her and she was able to do something with her hair, sometimes baby steps are really large steps, good for you. :smitten:

I am so grateful for Bruce's Mommy that has been a true blessing to me, in the past few days, when you are your lowest that is when you know

who is going to be there for you, it is an amazing feeling to have support when you need it.

I am grateful I took two walks today total of 11,000 steps, and got my hair cut, so I would not have to buy a dog license.  :2funny:

I have more than 3-

Making it through my work week

Encouragement from my BB's

Being able to cook for my beautiful dog

Going to dinner with my parents tonite

slept last night without any nitemares

Able to watch some TV and color in my art therapy book

Read a great article that Matt Samet wrote

Physical symptoms seem to be lifting for now

Drank a small cup of coffee

::)

Thanks for the encouragement and support Kb, Nova and Jayne. So far so good on my excellent adventure of being alone for close to 3 weeks. Usually when he leaves there are major disasters (weather, plumbing, illnesses, computer down, etc.). The car people just called to tell me that the free fix I thought they did for my car didn't happen. I have to take her in for 7 hours on Monday but I figured it out. It's still free so that's good. I'm trying to go med free as of last night so my extreme sleep deprivation grouchiness can't harm anyone else (no husband in the way of friendly fire). Now if I can just manage some sleep...

I'm grateful that on the phone with applecare this morning they were able to fix the problem and they were so incredibly understanding. They said things like, "I can understand how frustrating it would be to not be able to send email. That would bother me too." Apparently they didn't get the memo that you're supposed to treat the technologically impaired like they're idiots ;) I'm feeling sort of like I can do this (keep fighting) right now after a day of the "I can'ts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. So glad I can come here with all of you kind souls.

Begood wow--11,000 steps! You're amazing!

When, I'm glad you had so many things to be grateful for. Hug your dog for us.

MTFan. I know you can, I know you can. Xoxo

Begood. Bruce's mommy loves you and so does Bruce. Today's Apple was from you. Xoxo

When. Good for you. I'm so glad you slept.

So grateful for all of you. Quite frankly we rock!!!  Check back in later as I must now pick my teenangel up from the barn so she has time to get ready for a party she's going to. Extremely grateful my husband will be bringing her and picking her up. Xoxo to all :smitten:

MTFan, think of your time, as a long slumber party, but with good sleep and run around the house doing what you want, when you want, and in  a

blink of an eye he will be back.  :smitten:

This really is such a great group !

When,  What do you cook for your dog ?  My dogs are so loving.  They add immeasurable joy to my life.  They also force me to get up and get moving even when I do not feel like it.

Nova,  Good for you being able to take a shower.  It is no longer September.  March is just around the corner. Spring is the time for awakenings.

MT,  Very cool that AppleCare fixed your problem and was understanding.  But you were the one who initiated the call and stuck it out to let them help you. Of course you can do this.  You still have a lot of fight left in you !  (Loved that song)

begood,  Congrats on the 11,000 steps and the hair cut.

Jayne,  what's the barn ?

Kb, grateful that you are such a good Mommies helper, to a stray cat and her liter, to me that just speaks, big loving heart, animals are so precious, and

can be the first to be mistreated, and it breaks my heart, in fact there have been times I loved my pets more than mean people, in fact always do. :thumbsup:

KB45. I board two horses at a show barn. My daughter competes in jumping and I pleasure ride my horse there. The people there are great. We are all very accepting of each other. The barn is my safe place.  My horse is Bruce and hers is Austin. She's 15 and he's her boyfriend.  Lol  :smitten: