Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

[11...]

Great thread!

Today, I am thankful for:

1. Driving to my hairdresser, comfortably and calmly, with all symptoms manageable and in the background.

2.  Grocery shopping alone.

3.  Playing board games with my kiddos.

So much to be thankful for 💗

Marija

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi:

I am very thankful that my brother, who we lost contact with, finally called us.

That I have minimum/no symptoms.

I am able to work

My mom is still alive and hanging in there.

Waking up to watch the chipmunks scurry and the birds singing

I can now drive on a very busy highway with no symptoms

I can appreciate a great book/movie.

I am finally losing weight.

My eyes have returned to 20/20 vision :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello.

Today I'm thankful for:

1.  5 good days in a row (I was wondering if that would ever happen).

2.  Time with my son and husband.

3.  The fun, playful squirrels in our yard that I love to watch.

Great stuff ladies!!!

Today I am grateful for:

1. It has been a week with no benzos!!

2.  I am going to hang out with my best friend who is in town from Florida

3.  My son is still kicking his momma like a champ! Any day now!

Stay strong!

sharkey

I so appreciate each and every one of you and I look forward to when I can read your posts. Keep us updated, Sharkey, on the coming baby.

Today I'm thankful:

--that I can bathe, dress, and feed myself. Many can't.

--that my friend's cancer scare showed she's OK. It's benign.

--that my vacation to the beach is only 11 days away!

Today i am grateful for:

1. No benzos and feeling good today

2. My wife is still hanging tough

3. My son is absolutely awesome

Stay strong!

sharkey

Gardner, I'm so glad your daughter is coming home. Visits from our children are such a blessing. One of mine moved home in May until early August between his graduation and the start of his job. It's been years since he was around this long. I cherish most of it. He's a slob though so that's been an adjustment.

Today I'm thankful for:

-a quiet weekend planned.

-time alone with my husband from Sunday to Wednesday.

-work went well yesterday and I felt good--it was 7 days since my last good day.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from the beach!

Today I'm thankful for:

--being well enough to be at the beach for vacation.

--that peaceful sound of the waves crashing.

--no shark attacks for several weeks.

This is a really different vacation than the past few summers. Two summers ago I thought I had metastatic GI cancer while we were here, felt quite ill and had no appetite. Last summer I believed I had some serious undiagnosed illness and had no appetite. It was easy both years to believe I was dying and I even felt OK about that because of how miserable I was. Of course it was all wd that I kept going into and out of since I didn't really understand how wd worked and was taking z-drugs. So finally I'm moving steadily towards healing and I even have an appetite!

Hooray, Gardener that you're feeling a bit better and getting some sleep :thumbsup: We have so many reasons to be hopeful. :smitten:

Way to be assertive, Gardener. My husband likes to call the language I use in such situations my "special words" and we call the one figured salute the "state bird" since we saw so many of then when we were visiting the northeast US (that's where I'm originally from). So glad you didn't get a ticket and that your daughter made it on time.

Today I'm thankful that this is the only "bad" day I've had at the beach. While I'm dealing with a headache and bonus fatigue (among other things) this used to be how I felt all of the time. It's not as disruptive as it would be on a week that wasn't vacation and my family is being supportive. I plan on enjoying the day, and the rest of the week, to the fullest.

I'm also thankful for this Maya Angelou quote from a book I'm reading: "You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them." So very true that we don't need to be reduced by wd.

Keep up the good work BB!

Today I am thankful for:

--being able to just relax, go with the flow, and keep breathing.

--for the helpful material Gardener shared about acceptance--such an important tool for recovery.

--laughing with my family.

--still being at the beach in hot, but beautiful weather.

Today I'm thankful for:

--the bad pain of last night eased up so I just feel a little ill.

--feeling well enough to walk down to the beach for a couple of hours.

--my family being understanding.

Back to the real world tomorrow!

Definitely Gardner, you can give thanks that the day will be over soon. Some days are just surviving days and it's a great accomplishment at that.

Today I'm thankful:

-everything that had to get done is done (except some dinner left to cook).

-that our son was home for 2 and a half months before he moves across country.

-that it's relatively nice out today.

Gardener, don't you wish kid's needs and events were held until a reasonable time of day. Mornings suck :tickedoff: I'm glad your bumps are easing up.

Today I'm thankful for:

-being able to be there for a friend in crisis.

-feeling much better than yesterday.

-a good night's sleep.

-some alone time with my hubby.

Gardener, I'm glad you're seeing some progress and have some positive things happening.

I'm thankful today for:

--being able to have a friend over for dinner.

--having a security system that helps me feel safer when I'm home  alone (the next 7 days).

--good TV to watch while I'm feeling yukky.

Gardener, I am sooo in love with my security system. It really helps me feel safe. I'm glad you're getting some support through all of this.

Today I'm thankful that:

--with me being so tired that I don't have any commitments.

--half my workweek is over.

--it's beautiful outside--not too hot.

Yay that your mammo is over and fine, Gardener. I have the opposite issue. Lots of ouch.

Today I'm thankful for:

--being able to exercise.

--the nice women in my exercise class.

--a heartfelt phone conversation with a dear friend.

Happy Saturday to all.

Today is a super tired day so I'm not going to be doing much. I'm thankful for:

--this last precious day of solitude.

--that there's nothing I absolutely have to do.

--for the beautiful sound of silence.

Gardener, I know how you feel enjoying having your daughter and friend there and enjoying when it gets quiet as well. This introvert almost went nuts after 2 and a half months with almost no time alone when my son was here.

Today I'm thankful for:

-making it through my exercise and food shopping.

-having the rest of today to relax some until work tomorrow.

-my husband being understanding.

It's interesting at this stage of parenthood when we both long for our kids and need some space from them sometimes. That latter may be more true for us introverts.

Today I'm thankful:

--I made it through a brutal day at work yesterday.

--I don't feel much pressure today.

--that even though my sleep has sucked, at least I'm not wide awake all night.

That's terrific Gardener. I hope the trend continues on and on.

I'm so very thankful today that two meetings were cancelled for today so it's a bit easier to be at work. I'm also thankful I had some better sleep last night. It hasn't helped me feel better but it's still a relief. I was starting to visit Bonkerville ;)

I'm so glad you didn't murder your son (I've been there). Doing wd in jail would be dreadful. Apparently the food is bad too and lousy beds :laugh:

Today I'm thankful:

--that it's the weekend, I made it through my work week.

--the weather is improving so not as yukky.

--I have some really special friends that have stuck with me.

I like what you are doing here- mind if I join in?

I have kept a pen and paper gratitude journal since I was at 13 mg and it has always helped me to get through the waves. Now I can look back at it and see how much further I have come than I have to go.

Today I am grateful for cooler weather and being able to commit to picking up my daughters friend from school once a week. Also that this latest bad wave happened during the week so my kids missed most of it.

Take care,

JKS

MT, I hear that if you are having benzo withdrawal in jail, they give you Librium, so I'm about halfway ready for jail! Can that be a thankful? :laugh:

That's a pretty ridiculous way to treat wd! Man I wish there was something that would help this.

Justkeepswimming, I'm delighted you're joining us. I think gratitude is a real lifesaver when you're in the abyss.

I'm so profoundly thankful we have this community for support and information. I tried going through this before I found BB and made so many mistakes. I'm also thankful for my computer and wifi.

I am supremely grateful that for the first time in 8 months I was able to clean through my apartment and tidy my bedroom and bathroom to what is my ''happy'' standard CLEAN!!!  :laugh: And actually felt a bit like my old self for the first time in I can't remember how long whilst doing it.

I am grateful that my sxs were not so bad I couldn't do what I wanted/needed to do today, an even caught myself unexpectedly laughing, and FEELING the laughter. I am also grateful that like others on here I get 'Homicidal'' about certain people with my chemical controlled mood swings.  And as much as my physical sxs are a complete "!%@?&^!!@ aaaaaarrrhhhhggggggghhhhhhhh!!!! :D they most definitely save me from a life stretch in jail as I was in too much agony to go murder the  few !%@/!^&{  that I get murderous about  >:D

I am also grateful that I haven't acted on Benzo WD fueled rage and other rapid cycling mood changes and that I am not in jail or homeless doing WD and honestly feel empathy for those who are and often  feel guilty about those who are but believe its all part of empathy :hug: no matter what lies the Benzo's try to tell me.  :-\

I am grateful for every morning I wake up and feel I can't get out for a walk physically or physiologically  I am surprised with a push an self talk I actually do it and I am grateful its because I know how much it will all help me to heal. And I am grateful that I so far I have been going from laying on the floor for however long then finding the strength to get up and out the door.  :oXo:

I am grateful that I have acceptance of it is  what is no matter what I want it to be and pray that this continues. And I am grateful to feel grateful when I spend a lot of time unable to feel nothing except  the all sxs and negativity that WD forces on you  ::) And I am happy to be grateful that I am grateful  ;D

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: