Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

Nova, that's good news that you are able to be more active and it sounds like you've got your head in a good place. We can all celebrate together that we're not in jail (or being tortured like on Mission Impossible-we saw the movie last night) for our homicidal thoughts overcoming us.  :laugh:

I'm thankful that I made it to church today, we sat by an adorable baby and that the stained glass windows were so beautiful. I'm also thankful that I don't have huge responsibilities. Work is challenging enough two days a week. I'd hate to be a world leader or soldier right now.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am grateful to know that I am not alone as I fight this. You are all keeping on, even when it is so hard. I am glad some of you are sleeping- maybe we can all pool our sleep and share it out :)

I am grateful that when I filled my pill box this morning I realized I have EXACTLY the amount of valium I need to finish the taper. Down to the last 0.25 mg. I never have to go to a pharmacy to get a prescription for benzos ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very grateful to have found BB before I began my taper. And especially those who have helped me when I could not understand what they were trying to tell me. You know who you are. :smitten: But they kept with me until I could finally understand.

Bets

I agree with all of you that having BB is a tremendous blessing. The people are amazing.

I'm thankful that, although it was quite difficult, I made it through my busy Monday and Tuesday with no casualties. Now I have an easier day and can rest some. I'm also thankful that despite very little sleep I can still put one foot in front of the other and that this symptom will start improving before long (it's not permanent).

Swimming, that's the thought that keeps me sane. That all of this crud will pass in time. I know people with MS, cancer, heart issues and dementia that won't be getting better and it can help me hang onto some perspective.

After my crazy day at work on Tuesday, I'm thankful for a break in the middle of my day that's making it feel doable. I'm thankful that despite extreme fatigue what absolutely must get done gets done.

We're all in this together. I'm so glad we have each other. :smitten: :smitten:

Gardener, I'm so glad you got some sleep and time alone. Those are such precious commodities. I find I need even more time alone in wd than I did before. Time when I don't worry about anyone else.

Today I'm thankful for:

--a good conversation with my bestie.

--getting everything done I needed to today.

--the color purple-it lifts my spirits.

Gardener, you are definitely getting better. I'm glad you see it, even when it's hard.

I'm so incredibly thankful that I got my first decent sleep in a over two weeks last night. It has been much easier to think. I'm also thankful for being able to visit friends and family in a town 3 hours away over the weekend. I was tired but I could function.

I hope all of us have a good night and Monday.

I'm sorry you're still wavy Gardener. That's terrific that you met a new potential friend. Wd is so isolating.

I'm thankful I was able to plug through all of my tasks today. Well, most of them. I'm also thankful that I can handle a bit more stress than before without it making me anxious. The book I'm reading has the caldera in Yellowstone blowing up so I'm even thankful an earth changing eruption isn't in our super immediate future ;)

Today, I'm thankful for:

- My husband.

- The ability to do the things I thought I couldn't do last night (laundry, errands, work, gym).

- This site and it's members!

Dear Buddies,

I am grateful to feel a new freedom as I come down in medication from 30 mg Valium to presently 7.5 mg. I am healing and feel it. :thumbsup:

I am grateful for my husband today because I was close to leaving him and am so glad I did not. He is a very good person and my biggest support. :smitten:

I am grateful for the ability to see and appreciate beauty in nature and all that surrounds me. :smitten:

I am grateful for this site where I am supported and loved for being just ME, an average person trying to get well after 38 years on benzos and suffering from alcoholism, depression, agoraphobia, social phobia and ptsd.

Today I do not suffer from any ills except withdrawal. For the first time in my life my past does not dictate my future. I live one day at a time, I am sober for 32 years, I have come off all AD's except for one (Prothiaden 75 mg at night) and I am tapering a year from 30 mg Valium and feel better as I go lower. :smitten: :smitten:

Love and wellness to all buddies,

Moya XXX

Today, I'm grateful for a friend who talked me through the worst case of doubt of the withdrawal process. I felt so much better after talking to him.

I am grateful that today after bring back on the floor for the last 5 day's..AGAIN  ::) I was able to get out for a walk,  and wasn't stuck on the floor for months as does happen to me.  :sick: I am grateful that although my PC is not in good shape that I'm able to use it to type this gratitude and I was able to order my online food shop without it I'd be in big trouble. And I am grateful that every time I've had a problem with my PC and think its finished some how I'm still using it even if it does take time and trouble to get it started on not keep crashing.  :thumbsup:

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am grateful for the sunshine today and to be able to go for a walk this morning. I stopped at a little art shop and found lots of ribbon and lace in the sale that I can use in my card making - my new project for this Autumn/Winter to keep me busy and craft work is something I really enjoy :smitten:

I am grateful for my husband who just phoned me to see how I am doing today. :thumbsup:

Tomorrow I am flying back home to Ireland and I am truly grateful that I am able to do that without fear. I am grateful that I can do so much while tapering of medication. I am not sick in any way today. Blessings. :smitten: :smitten:

Hugs to everyone on this wonderful thread. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Moya XXX

Moya, I'm glad you're feeling good and doing so well.

Today I'm thankful for:

--dinner being in the crockpot.

--the nice women in my exercise class.

--that I can make it through two work days/week as difficult as this has been.

Grateful for the ongoing reminder that my normal everyday life is such a wonderful miraculous experience when I get to be part of it without withdrawal getting in the way.

Grateful for the ongoing reminder that my normal everyday life is such a wonderful miraculous experience when I get to be part of it without withdrawal getting in the way.

So very true JKS. Being able to engage in any normal/regular activity is an accomplishment.

Gardener that's terrific about your son!

Today I'm thankful:

-it's Friday and even though I only got maybe an hour of sleep there's nothing I absolutely have to do today.

-I'm another day closer to recovery.

-my house is clean (ish).

That's a real find Gardener.

I'm thankful that, while I get sad like today, I'm not usually depressed and I used to be depressed a lot.

Today I am grateful for certified gluten-free, dairy-free ice cream!

http://jgardnerscollection.weebly.com/uploads/5/6/6/2/56621493/5903236_orig.jpg

OOOOHHHHH!!!! I LOVE this brand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm grateful for my family, today and every day. They never give up on me and I really need that. (including my dear friends who are essentially family!)

Rapunzel, it is such a blessing to have good friends and family while going through this.

Puglover, way to go with the positive attitude :thumbsup:

Today I'm thankful that my workday feels manageable and I feel more at peace today after getting a bit more sleep.

Rapunzel, it is such a blessing to have good friends and family while going through this.

Puglover, way to go with the positive attitude :thumbsup:

Today I'm thankful that my workday feels manageable and I feel more at peace today after getting a bit more sleep.

Thank you!!

Today, I am grateful for pushing through despite how bad I felt.