Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Gratitude Support Group

[MT...]

I am grateful that I am alone today, my last alone day until the plumbing project is finished.  I will take a magnesium soak in the tub with Epson's salts and baking soda.  I will drink tea and nibble on chocolate. 

I am grateful for such sweet pets.  I have four dogs, four and a half cats (neighbors cat mostly lives here), three birds and two fish.  Attending to their needs forces me to move even when I do not feel like it.  All the pets are amusing.  The dogs give endless and unconditional love.  The cats on the other hand are capable of treating me like I am incompetent household help. 

I am grateful for Benzo Buddies. 

Jayne,  I LIKE your method of going Disney.  Spending your time at the pool and never entering into THE MAGIC KINGDOM sounds perfect ! 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [MT...]

• [no...]

• [be...]

• [Ja...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon Buddies,

It is Monday today and I am grateful to feel well in spite of my cut on Friday last. I am keeping busy and today is my pottering around the house day, cleaning, cooking and laundry. I am grateful for a lovely bright day, blue skies and sea and cold but sunshine. I am grateful to be alone after a busy weekend with hubby. We went out for dinner yesterday (Valentine's Day). I was planning on separation this time last year but we have worked through our differences. There are still some problems but all relationships need work if they are to be healthy.  :thumbsup:

I am checking posts and blogs today too in between my housework. I am grateful for buddies and for this forum. It has made my journey much lighter as I feel understood here.

Hugs to all,

Moya XXX

Kb, I'm glad you clarified and that you don't have half a cat walking around :laugh:

Moya, that's such good news that you and your hubby worked things out. I agree. BB makes this more endurable.

Today I'm thankful for the snow. It's making it a quieter, slower days than Mondays usually are. I'm also grateful for being able to read and absorb a bit. It takes more effort than it used to but to be capable at all is a gift.

MT,  The half cat is looking might pudgy around the middle.  I think my half is going to have kittens.  All our cats are spayed and neutered.  But there is an old unneutered wild male stray that visits from time to time.  I have been calling our half cat, Minnie Mouse.  I am going to have to work on finding a way to express gratitude about kittens.  I am not exactly THRILLED about the prospect !  LOL ! 

>:( >:(>:(:tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

[2e...]
Hi all today i am grateful for a peaceful day,no severe waves just small ones,im grateful for my loving girlfriend every day,I am grateful to my benzo buddie who has done so v much to get me through this so far without him i would not have been able to understand this process as well he has been brilliant!

Grateful for my grandchildren I had at my house today.  Grateful I was able to go grocery shopping for a short amount of time.  Grateful for making soup my family loved, even though I was shaking and dizzy.  Grateful my daughter came to lunch today.  Grateful that I walked today about a mile.  Grateful I have someone that loves me and is supportive of me.  Grateful to be able to read the posts on BB.  :-*

Greatful to be leaving the crazy kingdom tomorrow. Miss my dogs and my life there. Check back when I arrive back home. Hope all my buddies have a peaceful night :smitten:

Reading how everyone is choosing to find the joy in the midst of the pain  is truly inspiring. Thank you for sharing your stories on here.

I'm grateful for MTFan for this topic and who has been helping me so much during this tough chapter of my life.  And I have a way to go. 

I'm grateful that my brain has cleared up enough for me to see my troubled boy's improvement. 

Grateful for warmer temps in the forecast!

W

Greatful I'm on the plane headed home. KB45 only way to do Disney.  Am stuck on the plane right now indefinitely due to yesterday's bad weather in NY. Praying I'm not going to stuck in this sardine can for long. Lol. Grateful for all my buddies on here. And MTFan for starting the thread :smitten::thumbsup:

I am grateful that the squad of men that are working on our home all seem very nice.

I am grateful that I can close myself off in our bedroom.  My two little dogs are in here with me and with the window open I can here the waterfall from the pond.

Jayne,  yuk on being stuck on a plane, hope you are able to head home soon.

Arkansas, sounds like you had a really good day with your loved ones.

Wannabebetter, hurrah for warmer temps for you and cooler ones for me !

Cuthbert,  glad you had a peaceful day.

Moyà,  congrats on the cut !

[2e...]
Today I am greatful for my girlfriend who has stayed with me through this hell,and it is hell but not just for me for her,she has seen the man she loves turn into this frightend bag of symptoms who is totaly usless at the moment,and still she stands by me,she knows i will get back,she is my light in the darkness! I am graetful for My farther who I love v much who lies in a hosptial bed not v well,and i hate myself for being in such a state when i want to be with him.Im greatfull to my benzo buddie who is guiding me through this even though he has not fully recoverd himself.

I too am grateful for having this place to come to that reminds me to shift my focus from my difficulties to what I have to be thankful for. When I read the words that you all write, about how you fight and what you see that keeps you going, it calms and inspires me.

Wanna, that's terrific that you're seeing improvement in your son.

KB, one day with workman down that you don't have to relive. So glad the men are nice and you have pet companions.

Cuthbert, what a gift your girlfriend is. She can see beyond what you are today to who you will be. Look through her eyes when you need to. I remember what it felt like to be too ill to visit my father when his life was ending. It felt pretty awful and I felt guilty. But all we can do is our best and reflect on the blessing of having a father that we love(d). We have to forgive ourselves for not being all we want to be just yet.

MT, Buddies,

I am just grateful for this gratitude support group.  :smitten: It helps a lot to come here and focus on what's good in my life. I am meeting girlfriends today for lunch and I have shopping to do. I am grateful for girlfriends who accept me and like me no matter how I feel around them. :thumbsup: This is a huge blessing in my life :thumbsup:

It is Wednesday and I feel good. :smitten: :smitten: I slept last night, Bliss :smitten: So so grateful for sleep. :smitten:

Hugs all and wishing you all a good day with much healing. :smitten:

Moya XXX

I am grateful that after the winter storm disaster that supposedly destroyed my car's transmission the other day, that the temperature the next day raised from the low teens into the mid 50s, melted almost all the ice and snow and now the car is working fine!  Wow, that first sentence certainly was a run-on sentence.  I am grateful for run-on sentences too!

P.S. Suck it winter!  8)

I am grateful today for near perfect temperatures (low 80's).

I am grateful that yesterday's  plumbing work was able to be done WITH0UT drilling holes in the wall that would have meant having the holes plastered and the walls re-painted.

Hugs,  KB.  :thumbsup:

First, I am grateful that all my buddies on here today are not only great, but grateful. Happy to be home from vacation. Glad I've gotten two suitcases unpacked and done four loads of laundry, so far. Lol!  :smitten:

I am Grateful that I found this group, didn't know it was here, but I will be dropping in for sure. Today I am just so grateful, that on June 1, 2015, I

found this Form, and I joined that day, and I have met some really special buddies, and I have learned things about myself that are priceless. It is

Sunny today and I am loving it.  :thumbsup::clap:  :thumbsup:

Grateful to be able to do excercise, grateful to have family and a wonderful human being besides me during this ordeal. Grateful for the days I can sit and have my mind drift off into some beautiful thought of a future without benzos or even thinking about withdrawal.

Grateful for all of you wonderful people as well :)

[2e...]
i am greatful for a better afternoon than the morning i had,im greatfull to my loving girlfriend :smitten:and to my cat who knows im in hell and still loves me

I'm grateful that even though it was really hard, I was able to make the decisions I needed to today and run my errands. I see that decisions are hard and I get overwhelmed easily but it's not quite as difficult as it was last year when it usually felt impossible.

I am grateful that when a newly placed water main cap buried deep in our front yard burst, flooding the yard, that it happened during the day while the plumbing crew was here. 

I am grateful that when I spilled a large mug of coffee all over myself and the guest room bed yesterday, that the water in the laundry room was not turned off yet so I could do three loads of laundry before, they started work over there.

I am grateful that I could laugh about the day's events when telling hubs about all that happened yesterday.  :laugh: :laugh:

I am grateful for a new day to do whatever comes to mind, and if I mess up, it is OK, it is just the way cookie crumbles sometimes, for once in my life

I do not have the overwhelming need to be perfect, I am just going to be, and that is the end of that story. I am grateful to Evan, for helping me

to learn a new skill and having the patience of Job, and trust me I am a slow learner, but I do come up on top, and I am grateful, that I can still

feel that I can learn something. So yes I feel very grateful right now and all have the best day you can. :hug:  :smitten: