6-12 month thread....

[Co...]

Satch - I would not recommend Seroquel, which a powerful antipsychotic. I have a friend who was on the and it took him months to get off. He had horrible withdrawals.

I don't think we want to add another pill to this benzo w/d.  It will only complicate things and bring additional withdrawals.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [Gr...]

• [No...]

• [pe...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Satch - I would not recommend Seroquel, which a powerful antipsychotic. I have a friend who was on the and it took him months to get off. He had horrible withdrawals.

I don't think we want to add another pill to this benzo w/d.  It will only complicate things and bring additional withdrawals.

It looks like Satch is already on it and trying to come off.  He signature says 100mg seroquel.

Peace, thank you for that encouragement from Sir William.  That helped me today.  I am still having a cycling of waves and windows. Less pain, but now bad fatigue.  We will make it through. 

Yes sadly I'm already on the seroquel. Fear I'm trapped and won't ever get off. Fear it's making me better and worse simultaneously. Feel trapped and doomed by psychiatry. Help.

satch - I'm in the same boat with Remeron. It's a hell drug to come off of and I'm thinking I can't put my family through another withdrawal so I'll likely be on that till I die..

Sasquatch. How much remeron are you on. Have you tried to taper off. If so what happened. I'm on 15mg along with the seroquel. Do you know how much seroquel your friend was on and what they experienced tapering. Thanks friend.  I'm just scared I'm trapped on these meds forever.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to add my thoughts to the discussion about Seroquel. I went to my doc in June (2014)- I was in a very bad state - he put me on Serouel 100 mg IR 3x/day - after weeks of no sleep, I started sleeping and I felt better for a little while. Then things changed. In the next phase, I think Seroquel made my bad thoughts highly exaggerated - I had to go to the ER to get help - I committed myself to the psych unit in August - I was there 4 days. The doc cut me off the Seroquel and put me on Celexa - I hate meds as much as anyone but during my worst day in August, I decided that I want to live and try to go on - thus the Celexa - I need it to keep my motivation to go on. Because I had never had bad thoughts pre-benzo, I wondered if the Seroquel sent me down that road. I have been on the Celexa since mid August - the bad thoughts seem to be a lot less. I would never suggest taking a med to anyone - but, in my case it was necessary. I hate all this, and I may be stuck with a med for a long time - these days, I am unable to eat at all. I keep having a vision of a better life than this - I would like to get there and I did what I had to do to keep crawling toward it.

Satch, God bless you dear, keep reaching out. You are not alone.

~Allie :smitten:

To my wonderful friend for which I have so much love. All of you have been my strength through all of this. I just want to say that I am attempting to stay away from the boards for a bit because I just feel that the issues I have are basically exterior stressors and less the side affects -- although I know that what I am going through is made worst if it were not for the benzos. I believe that I am under it all just at a 80% baseline but I can not judge it because I have so much stress in my life. I will come back but for now just taking off a couple of days. I cant wait until my stresses subside a bit in my life so I can breath easier. I know that we are all going to make it. I am reading posts every day but I just am not posting that much. I love you al for what you have done for me in my life and now I must figure out what to do if it where not for these stresses. God bless you.

Life

Yep ... I am in month 12 ... part of me wants to reply "whoopy-ding", "so what" ... and another part says smartin' up buster ... this is significant ... this "means" something ... stop putting that bushel over your light ... you don't "need" to be afraid anymore ....

And this is one of the blessings of this journey ... along with all the drug stuff we deal with, I get to do some more tidying up from the leftovers of my pre-drug days ... this journey off the drug is the longest running workshop I have ever attended ...

An "official" welcome to Chris and Drew ... this group does not pay much attention to numbers (okay, folks, stop rolling in the aisles, it wasn't that funny) ... we have folks here from all over the timeline spectrum ... pre-6 and post-12 ... take what you need, give what you can ... that's the way our "pot-luck" sustains itself ...

Have a good Wednesday ...

Yep, I just entered 15 months out and it's just another number. I just won't put the pressure on myself to heal at a certain mark or timeframe.

I'm healing and having much better days.

I woke up this morning wanting to drive somewhere, anywhere. While I know I'm not ready to drive yet I can also feel that it's not far away.

I still have the sweet sensitivities and it's killing me. I put just a little honey in my oatmeal this morning and I leaped tall buildings....lol.

I can read on here that you all are healing, you might not notice it and sometimes we don't recognize the healing while others around us do.

We are all healing!! Hugs.

Satch - My friend came of 300mg of Seroquel. He had horrible anxiety and insomnia coming off. He's 3 months off now and doing better, so maybe not as bad as benzo w/d.

As for me, I'm on 15mg of Remeron. I came off last year, but could not last one month. I had horrible anxiety, vomiting constantly, totally spaced out, no energy. I tapered and still had problems. I don't know when or if I will try it again. At this point I'm in 27 months of suffering if you include my taper. I don't think I can do that again. I plan on moving on with life once the benzo w/d stops.

Peace.  Sounds like things are becoming a little more tolerable. You are in my thoughts each day. In month 9 I didn't know if I believed in the process any more. At month 11 things are so much better. You are going to make it through Peace.. I know I couldn't have worked during w/d and even at month 11 I am still cautious about getting out there..I am trying to follow Green 's lead. You are unbelievably strong Peace...I am sending you thoughts of healing..love to you dear friend.  .coop

Life...I love your posts. I understand completely. I hope your stressors resolve quickly. I think of you each day and wish you peace.. My baseline is about where yours is...I know I am healing but I think I will not see my life return fully until somewhere in year 2. Having said that. The horrible had pressure and dizziness has been consistently better for about a week now. I feel like I can manage everything else. Green and I are about the same in improvement ( and months off..I think she is 11.5 and I am 11) , but she is doing more than I am...she is braver.

....We love you Life.  See you next time you drop in ..until then love to you....coop

Nova...our dear sage and poet....Your acceptance is teaching me.  The more I accept this and deal with each day as it presents itself ( so not easy) , the more I am able to move forward. 

....I wish you were not still cycling and ' going with ' ....Congratulations on year one...a transformational year. I will be at year one on Dec 3.. It has been a long year ( a lifetime sometimes), but I realize in w/d time it might be considered the end of phase one. With phase 2 on the horizon with the end of w/d in sight. In the mean time I am so thankful to be better and believe that I will get all of my life back..in this moment I am living my life as it is every day the best I can.

.....I am wishing your head s/x away.. be well Nova and have a verwy good day... coop

Hey all...I answered a post this gentleman started a thread on.  He is now two years off and feels amazing.  I copy and pasted what he wrote and then read all of his posts.  He went through hell and was getting whacked in our time frame.  H egave me so much hope this morning.  I feel sharing all of these stories is needed.  Hi screen name is lexi.  Hope this helps someone else.  Truly a gift for me to read today!!! :smitten: :smitten:

Buddie

F.alse E.vidence A.ppearing R.eal

2 years off. Exercise and Caffeine effects?

« on: October 01, 2014, 06:44:20 am »QuoteHello BB's! Long time.

I have been off for 2 years this Nov. 5 and i have been doing truly amazing.

I have been running about 6 miles every other day and getting in the best shape of my life.

I started drinking coffee again and i was fine for the first 5 weeks then i started to get little symptoms of W/D.

Has anyone experienced this yet?

Thanks

Thx peace ; did the 5htp ever cause side effects like revving?

Jrod- that's part of the muddle. It's hard to tell what effects are withdrawal and which are from the supplements. I just have to trust I'm healing underneath the supplements and I can manage revving more than depression.

Green.  Hooray!!!! For you!!.  You are an inspiration for me..." not feeling 100% but getting out there anyway ".  You are brave to go out and do what you want with and in spite of s/x. I am getting out. little more but usually with my daughter.  Mostly out shopping etc. I am beginning to think about going back to the classroom. My cute says give it a few more months..my head says push through. So I am in limbo. I am comfortable enough with where I am at to be okay withputtering nd doing easy ventures with my daughter, but restless enough to want to move forward to volunteering again. I did feel a boost in confidence when I went to the movie with my grandson. I will be going to my son 's BD this weekend and feel relaxed about that. I get anxious thinking about going out by myself and going back to the classroom. ..I will practice in short ventures. I actually had more bravery about going out in months 4/5 . Month 6. and 9 wrecked my confidence.. so for me I think going slow and steady feels right.

.  ...So.  Green.. move to my city and we will practice 'getting out there ' together.  lol. ..So happy for you Green and think you are brave brave brave..  Here 's to you girl!.  ..coop

Beulah....I can not believe you are at 15 months!!    What an inspiration and encouragement you are to us. I also am beginning to stop counting every minute hour and month.

.  ..I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better.  We desperately need to hear from those who who are further out and improving...thank you Beulah for posting. You are closing in on those magic months of having your life back..  blessings to you friend.  Coop...

Hi Friends,

Today marks 15 months for me and I am almost totally out of that brutal wave that hit at about 14 1/2 months.  :)  I am feeling really good!  I still have some little things, like a feeling of nervousness out of the blue now and then.  But it's nervousness...like butterflies in my stomach, rather than all-consuming-bring-you-to-your-knees anxiety.  You know how NICE "just butterflies" are???  :smitten:  My awful chest anxiety seems to be almost gone, thank God.  I feel good and full of joy and hope again. I had Awards Chapel this morning, where I have to speak in front of a crowd (which I hate), but I felt calm.  Even ON benzos, I would physically shake when I had to present awards...but this morning I felt CALM.  WOW!! 

Prayers to all of you,

It gets better...I'm just a few months ahead of most, and it really gets better.  Keep plunging through and eventually we will be breaking through. 

Love you all,

HH

This poem was written by Hopefulone......I thought I would share it here...m.

.A poem I wrote for all of us......

I want to laugh at nothing

and feel the rain,

sing for joy

and scoff at the pain

Awake with a smile

freedom peace and love,

absorb the sunshine

pouring down from above

My world to seem real

is all that I ask,

my love to flow freely

God take off the mask

Clear mind, crisp thinking

heavy soul released,

body light and fluid

the torment ceased

Creativity to flow

happy tears to pour,

fear to vanish

a whole person restored

This is all I ask

so simple yet so much,

a soul free from the torment

God I wait for your touch

HH.  So happy to read your post...thank you for that great encouragement and hope. We are all so close to where you are. And those of us having long intense waves in the last part of year one are desperate and tired.  ...Posts like yours give us another day of hope and motivation.

.It is wonderwful to hear that you have your life back at 15 months.  Coop

Minnie.. that is a beautiful poem..amazing that someone in great pain could be in tsouch with such creativity and flowing words.  Cawptures exactly what my hopes are.

Thanks Minnie for copying and posting it to us. It is testimony that we have deep strenghth and wells of spirit and soul to share and encourage one another. .. coop

Hi there

I have just come across this 6-12m  thread, what a good idea!

I am coming up to the 12 month point from jumping and two years since being first prescribed benzos for a terrifying psychoneurological medical reaction. Apart from not feeling like the same person as two years ago I am doing well.

My moods are pretty stable and any NS symptoms are lessening by the month.

My withdrawals were vicious so there is hope for everyone! 

Best wishes to fellow BBs,

magga xx

Hi everyone.....

I know alot of you do not want to try supplements.....and I completely understand.... but if you are interested I will share a few that may be worth looking into....

I spoke to a nutritionist yesterday..... she had a few recommendations...that I am giving a try:

1) L-THEANINE.... it is suggested that this supplement crosses the blood brain barrier...and it may help support healthy neurotransmitter levels in the brain...

2)Ashwagandha....this one she said helps adrenal function....

Just thought I would pass this along......m :smitten:.....

When did  you all start to sense a shift in intensity of symptoms.  I am suffering horribly as yesterday was one of my worst days in weeks.  Today is a little better but am still so traumatized by this I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

When did  you all start to sense a shift in intensity of symptoms.  I am suffering horribly as yesterday was one of my worst days in weeks.  Today is a little better but am still so traumatized by this I am just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Satch, I hear ya :)

You're in your fifth month off, and many buddies hit a bumpy wave during their 5th or 6th month. I remember my toughest wave, I thought it'd be like that forever. The "trauma" is already fading :) (thank you Jesus!) I "give" myself permission all the time to leave the past in the past, so to speak. My yesterday does not determine my today. And neither does yours :)

No worries, pal :) I think you're rounding the corner here soon. Most buddies do after that 5-6 month wave that I've seen, anyways :) Just "surf" that wave until month 6 or 7; you'll be amazed at how much better things will be past it :)

Hang in there! It gets waayyy better soon!! :)

Mrs. :smitten: