Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[94...]

MOM I believe that I will take 1/2 K and then the rest V to cover the other 1/2 K for at least a week and then take all the V for that one dose and continue from there

I am seriously thinking I might need to go back to .75mgs but I am going to wait it out another week at least. Its just so tough not having any kind of life. I am so discouraged that I did this to myself. WHY LORD WHY?????? >:(

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[bf...]
Lainey, 1/2 klon 1/2 valium is what I started with per my pdoc. It's working well for me. Im not feeling wonderful,but it's a breeze compared to dry cutting klon with no valium

Nice catch on the MSG Mom. No Msg, artificial sweetners, alcohol, excessive sugar, cool it on the stress and you're golden. Boring I know but golden

etown

ok so I am going to try to hang on to the dose I'm at and wait to see Dr in 2 weeks. If I get bad I will updose back to .75mgs not a large jump. either way the valium equivalent will be either 14mg at this dose or 15mgs at .75clonazepam

So lets all give Lainey a hand here and come up with some good tapering schedules. I would LOVE to dose only 2xs a day, morning and night.

right now this is what I am doing

1o days ago I was taking .25mg 6:00am

.25mg 2:00pm

.25mg 10:00pm

then cut 10 days ago to  .25mg 6:00am

.25mg 2:00pm

.1875  10:00pm

I feel as if I really "NEED" the 2:00 dose so bad, and of course always waking with the dreaded anxiety at any dose I take.

but since this cut I seem to be doing a bit worse now.

agitation

dizzy

gut pain

headaches

wired and tired

[94...]

I say: back to 0.25

And maybe up even more on the Valium.it is not only about the dose you just cut.

It's also about the doses before that you cut to quick sometimes.

I was doing fine for the first weeks on Valium, because the sedation covered my symptoms. I did not take into consideration the NOT healing I did when I was in Wd all that time before and cut too fast.

Sometimes we have to go back on a higher dose to catch up with all the too fast and too big cuts we made before.

If you are interested, there is a discussion about that on the Diazepam support thread on the last couple of pages about just that.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=96753.0

It explains it better than I can today....

[94...]

and Lainy...don't tough it out. There is no such thing.

Sure, if you have off days, you might have to grit your teeth and bear with it for a couple of days. But touching out severe Wd symptoms? Nope, I don't believe in it ( anymore).

Also, you did not do this to yourself!!

You are taking a prescription drug. You are not a drug addict, you are benzo dependent.

Big difference in my book.

If we all knew what these drugs do to us and then take them, yeah, stupid.

But we didn't. And here we are.

Time...time..time...and be gentle to yourself. You don't have to suffer. We do suffer but you don't have to be bedridden, is what I mean.

I saw what Valium did for me the last two weeks. It gave me hope and a glimpse of what my life can be when I'm doing this wisely and in the right way. You feel kind of like you're about to get sick, but you don't, and then you can go out and have somewhat of a normal life.

We will all get off this eventually. You're on your way. One day at a time, seriously.

I agree with Mom Laine no pushing through anything. It just causes more grief down the road.

STABLE

etown

I cannot second this heartily enough!!!!!  Please ingrain it deeply in your subconscious mind. If I had listened to this way back when, I would be off this stuff by now with a LOT less damage too.  :smitten:

[bf...]
still going at .625mg klon with 7.5mg Valium. My gut's telling me to go slow. But I do know my next change/cut, I will be all in on the Valium.

[a4...]

Hey everyone... I posted this on the Diazepam thread but I didn't get any real straight forward replies that I can understand (benzo brain)

If anyone can help please please please do! Especially the "veterans" of c/o and tapering, I'd love your input.

Should I swap out a dose of K for V? Or gradually swap? Drop 5% K and add the 5% V? I'll give you a idea of what my c/o so far has looked like to give you a better idea.

2.11.14 - .5mg K

2.12.14 - .5mg K - Tried 1.5 mg V to see what it made me feel like

2.13.14  -.5mg K, 4mg V = 11mg V

2.14.14 - .15mg K, 8mg V = 11mg V ... this is when my Dr. said I could just directly crossover  ::) ::) horrible horrible day

2.15.14 - .15mg K 12mg V = 15mg V ....was told to updose V by Dr to cover Klonopin w/d  ::) another horrible day

2.16.14 - .15mg K 9mg V = 12mg V ....another horrible horrible day

2.17.14 - .15mg K 9mg V = 12mg V .....horrible day felt like I was C/Ting all day

2.18.14 - .30mg K 3 mg V = 12mg V .....felt a little better possibly because I added more Klonopin back in

2.19.14 - .30mg K 3 mg V = 12mg V .....felt okay, even small conversation still feels overstimulating

2.20.14 - .30mg K 3 mg V = 12mg V ...mehhh not good but not bad

2.21.14 - .25mg K 6 mg V = 11mg V ....Dr tells me to drop K by 5% and up Valium

2.22.14 - .25mg K 6 mg V = 11mg V ...Didn't take morning dose, holy crap I feel so much better, take entire dose in evening

2.23.14 - .25mg K 6 mg V = 11mg V ...Took only one dose today at night feel so much more normal wow wow

2.24.14 - .25mg K 6 mg V = 11mg V ...Fairly normal today, a little shaky but went away fast

2.25.14 - .25mg K 6 mg V = 11mg V ...Cog/Fog bad today but that's about it

2.26.14 - .25mg K 6mg V = 11mg V ...Walked my dog today for a mile holy crap! That's huge!

2.27.14 - .25mg K 6mg V = 11mg V ....Feel pretty normal today took dog for mile walk again!

2.28.14 - .25mg K 6mg V = 11mg V ...Cooked all my meals today, did housework, hung out with Grandma, played with dog, normal day!

3.1.14 -  .25mg K 6mg V = 11mg V ...Visited for 3.5 hours with an old friend, then another hour with another old friend, normal day!

As you can see I've been feeling like my normal self since the 22nd, ever since I decided to stop dosing in the morning and only dose once at night. This is also after I cut 5% of Klonopin and did not add in more Valium to make up for it, that's why I am confused as to whether I should just keep cutting the Klonopin and not add in more Valium or cut the Klonopin and add the Valium to make up for it.

[bf...]
Hi, TimeForAChange! I am not a veteran. But my pdoc told me to take 1/2 of my klonopin dose with 5mg valium for a week, then drop klonopin and take up to 10mg valium daily for a month to stabilize and then we will see where Im at. I didn't drop my klonopin, I just went to 1/2 again, and added 2.5mg more valium because I want to take it slower, and be on valium 2 weeks b4 dropping klonopin. Im feeling good now, was feeling spacy and sedated at first. I was on .5mg klonopin once a day for 5 1/2yrs. Good luck!

[a4...]

Hi, TimeForAChange! I am not a veteran. But my pdoc told me to take 1/2 of my klonopin dose with 5mg valium for a week, then drop klonopin and take up to 10mg valium daily for a month to stabilize and then we will see where Im at. I didn't drop my klonopin, I just went to 1/2 again, and added 2.5mg more valium because I want to take it slower, and be on valium 2 weeks b4 dropping klonopin. Im feeling good now, was feeling spacy and sedated at first. I was on .5mg klonopin once a day for 5 1/2yrs. Good luck!

Thanks Ingrid, do you only dose once a day?

[bf...]
Yes, only once a day, .635mg klonopin with 7.5mg valium, but Ive always only taken klonopin once a day before that.

[bf...]
Hello, Im still on .625mg klon with 7.5mg valium. I feel normal today, as if Im just on my regular dose of .5mg klon. No spacey, floaty, no off balance. I will see what 4pm brings me.

You're almost done with Klon ingrid, congrats! It is a big relief when you do finish your crossover. If you're feeling that good on it I don't see why you couldn't just cross over your last dose to valium in a day or so. . . I crossed over completely in 11 days from 3 doses of Ativan. Of course, go with what you're comfortable with. . . there's no rush. I definitely feel a lot better on the Valium than I did on the Ativan, don't regret crossing over at all :)

[bf...]
Frotob, thanks for ur reply. I am worried that after I drop this last crumb of klon, say after 2 weeks, and Im on 10mg valium, will the klon withdrawal hit me suddenly, or can I be assured that the valium will take over and be in control of the situation?!

[94...]

You can never be sure....

But it should, if you used the right amount of Valium equivalent and if you have not been in terrible Wd before this crossing over.

I am suddenly making a big dip, but I was in Wd already for months when switching over to V.

Worst case you could up dose to more V.

[bf...]
Thanks, Mom. I know I shouldn't stress over this last crumb. My pdoc was adamant that I am not to go over 10mg valium per day. She asked me to try to stay at 7.5mg valium but Im there now, and still on klon, so I do want to go up to 10mg when I ditch it. She said she thought that 10mg valium is a high dose. I will do what I need to to get off of this klon tho. My son comes home for Spring Break on Friday, so I want to feel good. He will be coming and going, lots of friends, in and out. The house will suddenly come to life again! Noise, Noise, Noise!

ok I have been giving this a lot of thought and prayer. Probably should even "fast" for this one. But this is how I am leaning 88% sure...going to c/o to Valium

I am wondering if it wouldn't be easier and smarter to updose back to .75mg so when I do the c/o everything will be equal?

I have only been on the .6875 for  2 weeks tomorrow

figured this way my c/o will be equal parts all three doses (.25mgs 3xs a day)

sooooo what do you all think?

Mom, I just wanted you to know that if you ever wanted to call me and talk I will be more than happy to do so, just let ,me know

I have a friend who is about to do a c/o from 1.5mg Xanax and she and I are like identical twins when it comes to symptoms and anxiety etc. we talk almost everyday. Its very therapeutic .

I also met a woman online who lives in another state and we text all the time and talk on the phone once in awhile, shes coming off 3mg klonopin.

I just feel bad that you have no one to actually talk to about this. someone who totally gets it. you say you just moved recently? That must be real hard if you are far from family and friends/

How has today been for you? what do you think of the TRAP method? I am going to go there now and read up on what it has to say. I am all about slow and steady as long as I have some relief at some point in everyday.

which by the GRACE of GOD He has given me every evening with the exception of a couple xs. But for the most part I am feeling "well" or as "well" as can be expected in the evenings

ok so what do you all think of the updosing? I see Dr next Thurs to get script for 5mg valium

[94...]

If you go back, that would be a good thing to do IMO. I regret not doing so.

It's not by much and you can deal with that when tapering.

5 mgr of Valium will not be enough.

0.75 Ativan is 7,5 Valium.

Or are you on Xanax? Sorry, I can't see that right now.

In that case, immnot sure about the equivalency.

Thanks for the offer. I think we could always pm sometime but I recall its again st the rules here to give out any other info..?

Yes, we moved here from overseas. It's been quite the adjustment . But I have settled and have some friends. They are just not my childhood buddies and they know what's going on roughly but I really do feel like, when you meet new people, it's NOT a good idea to be a sobbing mess, pouring your heart out about getting off a drug. ;D

Laine - just to be sure if you are on .75mg of K that is equal to 15mg Valium.

Sorry if I read something wrong

etown

no I got it, 5mg 3xs a day once I am totally crossed over. I was saying when I want to drop a dose of K it would be 5mg V

[94...]

Ah, I see its K now.

Yes, make sure to get the right amount.

Once I hit " reply " and the box pops up, I can't see signatures anymore.

You will stay on the 15 mgr for a while then too, right?

Looks like we will end up tapering from the same amount kind of. IF I don't get more Valium.