• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[71...]

Yes, I will be reading the paper and eating the eggs. That is more than enough distraction.

And watching you do the chores. If you want to be of help, just do the chores and distract me!

Don't forget you will be sipping that decaf espresso! That is three things at one time for you. I guess that is enough distraction for the morning for you!

I think I shall start with milking of cows, just to amuse you. I mean I have nursed 8 kids, how hard can it actually be to milk a cow!  :D  If I make it through that, I will get everything you need to make home made chicken soup for lunch!  Even go to the store and buy the already dead, plucked chicken! I am just that kind of gal!    :laugh:

Hi Mom

It's good to hear from you Mom. I hope when you come back tomorrow you'll be feeling a little better, or at least we can be a bit closer to working out a solution to your problem.

I just replied to your post on the valium thread, but I'll also post here what I said there, because everyone here knows a lot more about doing a cross over than I do.

I'll emphasis that I have no experience at all with doing a cross over, but is it possible Mom c/o too quickly and that she needs to keep taking a small amount of Ativan for a bit longer to help her over any w/d symptoms?

[1d...]

Oh yeah....... !!!!!  GET BETTER!!!  Great song and video. Got it running through my head now. Has to be a good thing, right?  :thumbsup:

Good one, very cool! Ill keep it in my head too!

[71...]

Thanks Diaz, I appreciate it. I also replied to your post in the V thread about the Ativan.

At this point I really can't go back. The Ativan made me too sick and I prefer to updose with Valium and not mix things up too much at the moment. I have to go back and review my equivalency...

Started my half and half for dose #3 yesterday and should cross that one over on Sunday. Maintaining for now. I have noticed symptoms come is cycles on certain days as I cross over. I keep a record of what I take, what time I take it and my symptoms for the day. That way I am kinda getting to notice what days I can do more and what days I cannot.    :)

[71...]

That's a good idea. I keep forgetting to do that.

I'm so tired of my whole day being about this medication...

But there is no way I can do anything else. Stuck at home while feeling so bad. Not even an option to take a walk or what not.

I hope things will stay manageable for you.

After this quick cross over and doing so well, I wanted to shout it of the roof tops. Now, I think you're wise to take it easy......

There are those days that I just sit around a lot, cause that is all I can do. Everyone and every cross over is so different. 

Sure hope your doctor helps you out.  :-\

Know you are in my thoughts and prayers!  :smitten:

whats happening to Mom is what scares me about c/o, although can't see how it could make me feel any worse. I spend my days in a complete wired and tired state.

by evening I settle down and feel somewhat "normal" but my days and oooohhhh my mornings are horrendous :crazy:

wish I could know how it will effect me before I go that route

[71...]

Laineyk, each situation is different.

Don't let my experience scare you!

I have been in withdrawal for months prior to crossing over. I had no information when I was cutting at a way too fast pace.

I should have gotten back to a larger dose before crossing over OR switched over as I did but to a larger dose of Valium to begin with.

If you are looking into crossing over, make sure you get to a level first where you can function.

Lots of people cross over very well.

Lynnie is taking it slower.

Hi everyone - I believe that there is a stable dose of Valium for pretty much everyone. Unless there is some weird adversion to Valium ( which you would know right away) there should be a stable dose. Also, c/o to the right equivalent dose from a stable point to Valium ensures your success. Your situation Mom is not unique unfortunately, many people taper too fast from a strong Benzo and then get to some random dose...c/o and get into trouble. If anyone thinks they can c/o from some Benzo like Ativan, Klonopin or Xanax etc. to half the equivalent dose of Valium, and you're sensitive, It ain't gonna happen.

etown

[71...]

Agreed. Finding out the hard way.

Start at at a stable point is key and so is the right equivalent of Valium. The latter might be a bit of a challenge to find out at first, but people do and will.

I should have listened to my body and xs when I started feeling less good during the last bits of my cross over.

I still feel good about my decision to cross over. I don't regret it. I just regret that I started from a not stable place.

Even though it sucks big time today, it has been MUCH worse....

so by "stable" do you mean I am not a trembling bag of nerves? because I am not that. But I too have been in tolerance w/d for at least a year without knowing it myself.

had every test known to man and seen many Drs.  its all been the clonazepam and I was not aware.

So Dr. Ashtons crossover is safer then the other person you all have spoke about right? I am in no hurry, I just want to find my old Lainey again before I die

Lainey - I c/o according to Ashton from a stable point which to me is about 80/20. 8o being good and 20% being bearable. As long as you do that and what I said above you will be fine.

etown

[71...]

I think what's generally agree upon is feeling 80/20.

80% good and 20% not so good.

So ups and downs. Being able to function.

Ashton's style is more gradual. It takes longer to cross over, which is best for some people. If I would have used the Ashton manual it would have taken me many more weeks.

The Peart method is a more rapid cross over. I did that and crossed over in just over two weeks.

I still believe it was the right choice for me. I just should have been more stable before attempting to cross over.

Or I should have upped my dose before crossing over and/ or taking more Valium during the process.

I was not well on Ativan at all and don't regret doing it. The Valium is agreeing with me much more and compared to a month ago, I'm doing well, even though I have a set back now, due to above mentioned reasons.

How long your cross over takes, also depends on the amount of benzo you use and the frequency.

If you are not in a hurry, you could start by using the Ashton guidelines and adjust when you think you can. There is no right or wrong in it, in that sense. Just be aware of your body and your symptoms and slow down/ speed up as you go, but small steps are probably fine if you're not in a hurry. I was in a hurry.

Thre are examples of people who have successfully cross over with the Peart style too.

Frotob is one of them. He did not experience the Wd xs before switching as severe though,mwhich proves it can be done just as well, IF you are stable when starting.

Lynnie is currently doing the same thing. She is taking a bit longer, because she took her benzo 6 or 7 times a day. So when she switches a dose over two days time, she holds a couple of days too and then goes to the next dose.

Frotob took 3 doses a day, and was done much quicker.

Which one is safer or better? It depends on how you are doing RIGHT now. And your history of benzo, alcohol, ssri and other factors as well. So different for everyone.

I know it's confusing. Just take all the info, collect and look at your xs and make a plan.

Share with the people here and you will be just fine.

Hope that helped.

thanks....I see my p/doc this march and we will discuss the crossover. Last visit I left her a copy of Ashton manual and she was eager to read it. She is very supportive and basically is allowing me to take the control of this entire taper.