Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[f3...]

[d5...]

TFC,

I looked at your list of drugs again and you were on as high a dose as 1.75mg K.

Do u remember which dose of K when u felt more stable?

I have never ever felt stable!! I've always felt suicidal and had withdrawals from these drugs, even that first dose of 1.75mg K made me so suicidal and have anxiety that's why I stopped taking it for a few days! I am losing my freaking mind over here trying to call psych wards.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[f3...]

If you are going to the ER, and say you have suicidial thoughts, they will come get ya.

Whatever you do. We love you and keep us posted when you can.

Hang in there.... :smitten:

[d5...]

If you are going to the ER, and say you have suicidial thoughts, they will come get ya.

Whatever you do. We love you and keep us posted when you can.

Hang in there.... :smitten:

I just don't want them to drug me more, I just want off these meds they are making me go crazier and crazier by the day. I know it's not me it's the medication and I don't want to be on it anymore, it's making me worse I am so scared. I am so scared I'm never going to get better.

as far as psych ward is concerned, they are going to give you other drugs to combat the sx you are now having.

Have you tried L-theanine? I have used it and it definitely gave me some relief of anxiety all natural and you can take it with the meds you are on. ask Pharmacist.

can you drink, I have to juice my morning meal because I can not eat at all in mornings. Then I drink broth a lot for afternoon and by dinner I ususally am able to eat some

so you can get protein shakes and drink those for nutrition. I lost over 50lbs in 6 months I know its scarey

[d5...]

as far as psych ward is concerned, they are going to give you other drugs to combat the sx you are now having.

Have you tried L-theanine? I have used it and it definitely gave me some relief of anxiety all natural and you can take it with the meds you are on. ask Pharmacist.

can you drink, I have to juice my morning meal because I can not eat at all in mornings. Then I drink broth a lot for afternoon and by dinner I ususally am able to eat some

so you can get protein shakes and drink those for nutrition. I lost over 50lbs in 6 months I know its scarey

Have not tried the theanine... even though I am anxious I am completely fatigued right now I can barely even keep my eyes open I don't know what is wrong with me. I haven't even dosed since last night at 11:30pm!!!!! I hate this, I hate my life right now I just want to get off this crap and heal.

well the L-Theanine would be worth it to try. it doesn't sedate you. It just takes away that inner wired feeling, or I should say it did for me when I took it. Haven't taken it in a while now, so not sure if it would still give me relief or not

Lainey:  How much l-theanine did you take?  Did you take it at night.  I have been taking l-tryptophan, ornithine and a little valerian at night to help sleep.  I don't really think it helps that much, as I am still on 14.5 V at night.

Your taper is almost complete, yes?  Wow, wish I was there.  Do you have many s/xs.  Some complain of anxiety and psychological issues, I sure wish that was my only problem, I could deal with that. 

I know exactly how TFC feels, wanting to check into hospital and be w/d from it all but what about the post w/ds. They can still be there or made worse.  I have chosen not to do detox hospital even though my daughters want me to.  But they haven't researched this like my husband and I.

One of my biggest problems is dealing with my grown daughters.  They think I am nuts and that going into a detox and having a rapid w/d is going to fix me.  How can that be, when my w/d s/x's are so bad right now?  How can you go stay in a cold hospital when one can barely wear clothes because the skin hurts so bad to have anything touching it?  Or be in a noisy hospital when my head is pounding inside because of a fork hitting  a plate, or blurry vision, so I cannot even see the computer screen. I also have severe back and neck issues, is the detox facility going to have ergonomic chairs for me and a chiropractor to do adjustments on me twice a week?  These are all issues that my husband and I have thought through thoroughly.  Also reading the Ashton Manual, Dr Ashton highly recommends tapering at home, where one is comfortable. 

I am off my soap box now, have a nice day buddies.

xo Overcomer  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

OH my Gosh...I am no where near being off, read my sig. I am going to c/o to V after Thursday when I see my dr again

I am at .687mgs and I will have to updose back to .75mg so my c/o will be equal.

I took Suntheanine and it was 400mgs (200mgs per tablet, chewable) never took it for sleep because it didn't make me drowsy, just helped me relax and have an inner calm.

my sx are so numerous, I believe I have every one you can possibly get for a woman. Its funny you mentioned blurry vision, have had that all day today. yesterday it was dizzy all day

I too have bad neck, and burning skin. I pretty much just live to get to night time so I can sleep again.

I have had two friends go into psych wards and I for one was not a fan and could never see myself there unless I totally lose grip with reality, then I wouldn't know I was there anyway :P

so you dose once a night? I will have to tread your sig to find out your hx again. can't ever keep everyone straight...mind is fried eggs

when you say you wish that anxiety and psychological issues were not your only problem, you are referring to all the body symptoms, correct?

my gut hurts EVERY single day, eyes burn and blur, neck kills every single day, jelly legs, dizzy, tinnitus, want me to go on? :-X

be well my friend, Always in Christ, Lainey

TFC,

I looked at your list of drugs again and you were on as high a dose as 1.75mg K.

I have never ever felt stable!! I've always felt suicidal and had withdrawals from these drugs, even that first dose of 1.75mg K made me so suicidal and have anxiety that's why I stopped taking it for a few days! I am losing my freaking mind over here trying to call psych wards.

Time,

I think you know the answer. If you seriously think you may be a danger to yourself or others, GO to the psych ward! If not, they could screw you up worse than you already are by adding more drugs to your system.

By the way, I'm pretty f'd up too ... I just don't talk about it much. I was out of breath and my heart was racing today from making the damn bed. I looked at the bed when I was done and it seemed like a big accomplishment. Point being, you should know you're not the only one who feels like hell! Some of us just have a tendency to hide it, maybe as a coping mechanism.

Smiff's advice to switch my entire dose of V to PM was tremendously helpful for me. I still feel like crap, but just not as much.  ;) I was really scared to try it, but I have slept a lot better since I made the switch ... and that sleep is hugely important to our ability to deal with this crap.

So, question: have you considered trying taking all of your K and your V right before bed?

Hang in there. You WILL heal. Promise.

Human

[d5...]

OH my Gosh...I am no where near being off, read my sig. I am going to c/o to V after Thursday when I see my dr again

I am at .687mgs and I will have to updose back to .75mg so my c/o will be equal.

I took Suntheanine and it was 400mgs (200mgs per tablet, chewable) never took it for sleep because it didn't make me drowsy, just helped me relax and have an inner calm.

my sx are so numerous, I believe I have every one you can possibly get for a woman. Its funny you mentioned blurry vision, have had that all day today. yesterday it was dizzy all day

I too have bad neck, and burning skin. I pretty much just live to get to night time so I can sleep again.

I have had two friends go into psych wards and I for one was not a fan and could never see myself there unless I totally lose grip with reality, then I wouldn't know I was there anyway :P

so you dose once a night? I will have to tread your sig to find out your hx again. can't ever keep everyone straight...mind is fried eggs

when you say you wish that anxiety and psychological issues were not your only problem, you are referring to all the body symptoms, correct?

my gut hurts EVERY single day, eyes burn and blur, neck kills every single day, jelly legs, dizzy, tinnitus, want me to go on? :-X

be well my friend, Always in Christ, Lainey

Yes my skin burns all day all over, I wake up feeling electrocuted, my legs and whole body shake, I have tinnitus, headaches, feel like I am going insane, can't handle conversations with my family or any stimuli such as tv or music, I talk about killing myself every single day to my family because I can no longer handle this hell I am feeling. I have fits of rage, I scream, I jerk, I tremor, my eyes twitch and roll back in my head, it's exactly the same as alcohol withdrawal for me.

[d5...]

TFC,

Time,

I think you know the answer. If you seriously think you may be a danger to yourself or others, GO to the psych ward! If not, they could screw you up worse than you already are by adding more drugs to your system.

By the way, I'm pretty f'd up too ... I just don't talk about it much. I was out of breath and my heart was racing today from making the damn bed. I looked at the bed when I was done and it seemed like a big accomplishment. Point being, you should know you're not the only one who feels like hell! Some of us just have a tendency to hide it, maybe as a coping mechanism.

Smiff's advice to switch my entire dose of V to PM was tremendously helpful for me. I still feel like crap, but just not as much.  ;) I was really scared to try it, but I have slept a lot better since I made the switch ... and that sleep is hugely important to our ability to deal with this crap.

So, question: have you considered trying taking all of your K and your V right before bed?

Hang in there. You WILL heal. Promise.

Human

I only take my dose before bed... my situation is so different because my body kindled the alcohol, it's the same with benzos it's just not stabilizing. I am sure I could stabilize on a dose of like 50+mg but I don't want to go that route....I can barely function as it is...I can't even cook for myself and can barely even eat right now, I'm losing so much weight. I always feel like I am on a bad acid trip from hell with my heart just pounding out of control, It's like I am in acute withdrawal all the time. If I don't fall asleep once my dose hits me at night I will feel the withdrawal... I wake up in withdrawal every single day.

Time, I am at a loss for words at your suffering.  I wish I had something helpful to say to you, but want you to know that I am praying for you.  You must not lose hope, I know it must be hard going through the severe suffering as you are.

Hugs and prayers,

Rabbit

[f3...]

Time, we are thinking of you and sending light your way.

Please let us know how you are when you can... :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Lainey,

Yes, direct taper from Xanax is my plan today.  It may change if I start having severe symptoms.  I'm open to the valium c/o, but don't want to add that complication if I can avoid it.

Love,

Rabbit

Time, that sounds horrific. I'm sorry.

I know Smiff said that benzo w/d interacts with PMS in an odd way. As I understood it, she said the s/x won't go away right when you get your period like PMS often does. Did she say how many days post-period it might take for the benzo s/x to recede if they were being exacerbated by hormones and the female cycle?

I know, weird questions for a dude to be asking ... but I thought maybe it would help you to consider ... and also I have another reason for wanting to get hip to how this interaction between benzo w/d and PMS works.

Thx, Human

[d5...]
I'm freaking out so bad, my family is telling me not to go to detox, my Dr even told me he doesn't think I will stabilize on an amount unless it's very very high and then at that point he doesn't know if my body will still react the same way wanting more.

[d5...]

Time, that sounds horrific. I'm sorry.

I know Smiff said that benzo w/d interacts with PMS in an odd way. As I understood it, she said the s/x won't go away right when you get your period like PMS often does. Did she say how many days post-period it might take for the benzo s/x to recede if they were being exacerbated by hormones and the female cycle?

I know, weird questions for a dude to be asking ... but I thought maybe it would help you to consider ... and also I have another reason for wanting to get hip to how this interaction between benzo w/d and PMS works.

Thx, Human

I don't know and I am late on my period, I know I'm not pregnant because I had to have a pregnancy test at the Dr the other day...I might not get it because I've lost so much weight so fast.

Rabbit, I pray it goes well and you will be able to do this.  :highfive:

Thank you Lainey, I'm counting a whole lot on God to help me  :smitten:

ok need opinions here, sorry but I know that I keep asking practically the same questions over again. Bear with me.

I want to know who thinks I should updose to .75mgs so when I do the c/o it will all be equal doses .25 3xs a day

or stay at .687mgs and figure out the c/o to Valium from that #

No I am not stable, no I wasn't stable at .75mg. The only difference I felt when I dropped form 1mg to .75mgs was less head fog

I was on .75mg for 4 weeks when I made this last cut which will be 3 weeks ago this coming Wednesday

Ok lets here the opinions

[f3...]

Yes, I would go back to 0.75 and then cross over.

No hurry. It is not a whole lot, plus it's way easier converting.