Cross-Over to Valium Support Thread

[75...]

[75...]

That is probably all you need: a doc who supports your own taper plans. :)

When in doubt, just post here. We have found out the hard way that most docs are not that familiar with benzo Wd.

Mine is supportive too but doesn't really know much about it. I left her with all the info too.

But when I need to know how people fared on things, I post here and get the help I need.

And it's also very helpful for other people to post your concerns, problems, successes.

Good luck!!! :smitten:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mom, believe me I am educating her every time I step into her office. She had never heard of Ashton. And would have me wean by .25mgs every 2 weeks if it was up to her.

she knows nothing. But will write me out my scripts as I need them.

[75...]

That's great. My doc didn't want anything to do with it. And many people here are suffering unnecessarily because of their doctors refusal to help someone cross to a longer acting benzo.

For some , the interdose withdrawals are unbearable. It's criminal.

You got that going for you! You're one your way.... :smitten:

[00...]

Okay so I'm doing a c/o from Klonopin to Valium. I'm currently on .25mg of Klonopin and 6mg of Valium (equivalent to 11mg Valium). I only dose once a day, my body won't allow me to dose multiple times, so I've got a bit of a dilemma and I need info/help since I'm not too smart with this c/o stuff.

I'm currently doing 5% cuts off of the Klonopin until I am completely on Valium, what dose of Klonopin should I jump off of it at and will I have to add a mg or two of Valium or just stay at 6mg of Valium once I'm off the K?

[1e...]

Hi everyone. Im still doing very well. On .625mg klonopin with 7.5mg valium. I want to be on valium for 2 full weeks b4 ditching klonopin.

TimeForAChange, I started from .5mg klonopin, once daily, 5 1/2 yrs, and could never dry cut to taper. I kept giving up because I suffered so much. I just went to .25mg klonopin with 5mg valium per my pdoc's instructions and stayed there for a week, then went to .625mg klonopin and up to 7.5mg valium. So, after a week of this, I will go up to 10mg valium and ditch the klonopin. I feel  spacey, floaty feeling, a little off balance, tired. But my mood is good and Im still hiking 4mi a day and sometimes even 5mi. So I highly recommend this method to get off of klonopin! Good luck!

hi, question I am on .6875 mgs clonazepam taken 3xs a day split up .25, .25, .1875

If I were to c/o to valium how much and how to? ashtons manual doesn't have the chart for this amount and I really am bad at math

I would go 4mg V replacing your first dose for 10-14 days. Then 4mg replacing your second dose for 10-14 days and then 6mg replacing your night dose for 10-14 days and then you're done.

etown

etown, thank you so much. did you have any problems with c/o? depression? I am so done with interdose anxiety and need some relief before I taper anymore

also shouldn't I replace the night time dose 1st to make sure its not to sedating? And I just replace the clonazepam dose with out using a little of both at the 1st time I take valium or am I at such a low dose I just replace one dose completely with the valium and take clonaz. the other doses?

sorry to sound so stupid but I am so brain fogged it takes me forever to cognitively understand anything lately

Laine - it doesn't matter what order you do it in. Just be consistent. You will likely feel sedated no matter how you do it for a few weeks. I've never felt depressed. I,ve been  frustrated many times for various reasons but not depressed 2 diiferent things in my book. Doctors love to use the "D" wordbut in my opinion it is frrustration a high % of the time. You are on a dose that the Valium should cover as I said above. There are options to slow down the taper if need be. I happen to think getting it over with makes most people happy in the end.

etown

[75...]

I've felt sedated too at first. Which I didn't like but was waaaaay better than any of the wd xs I had from the other benzo, Ativan, I was on.

It will pass.

I felt numb and sad. Which I think is completely different than depressed.

It will pass after a while, it really will.

The Valium will soon deal with your inter dose Wd symptoms. I've had those. It will get better soon.

I started with the night time dose. For the same reason you're worried about: the sedation.

And also, to get better sleep.

I noticed it doesn't make me sleepy, but just numb- ish. But I slept better from the first night on.

Which was very welcome after months of sleeping only a couple of hours at a time.

If you feel that that would be your best dose to start with, go for it.

Just keep posting. You don't sound stupid. There are many things and questions that come up while doing this and people here have been there. Or are in the middle of it. So your questions benefit not only you, but others as well.

I had questions forever. And I felt the same way. But it's not necessary. Keep asking!

Take care!

[1e...]
I just want to go all the way to the 10mg valium tonight, and ditch the .625mg klon. But it wont be 2 weeks yet that Ive built up the valium. What's the worst case scenario? I just don't want to plunge w/o the valium being built up enough. Thanks.

[75...]

I guess worst case, you will not get covered by the Valium enough if you go too quick.

So you will feel the Wd of Klonopin more and ( again: worst case) you would have to dose up your Valium.

Was the drop of K your original plan, or would you have to hold longer?

There is no rush.

How are you feeling? You feel the V is covering your symptoms enough?

Because the V will do its work at the same time your K drops, because you replace the K. You don't just drop more benzo....so, if you are doing alright, I would do it.

If not, maybe give it more time...

[1e...]
I planned to stay at .625mg klon and 7.5mg valium until next thurs or so. I'd then be on that for a week, just as I was on .25mg klon and 5mg valium for the week b4 that. Im doing really well, and don't want to screw up, yet also, wanting to declare, Im off of klonopin! Im a conservative person with touches of daring, so it's like I could go either way. I feel good though, but just spacey, a little off balance, not too bad, no anxiety or tears. Im not missing klon at all!

[1e...]
Btw, Mom, what's ur frame of mind today? R things getting better or worse? U know, I almost threw in the towel on this crossover, until I found this thread. I owe u a lot. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks. :)

Just so you know there are 2 different theories that I have read about and we have talked about - one is the fast cross over from whatever drug you are on to the Valium and the other is Ashton's method or slower.  Ashton says each change over to Valium should last 1 week before you do the next cross over - the other person says if you are in tolerance withdrawal and feeling over do the cross over quicker - suffer a little bit and get rid of the interdose withdrawal symptoms.  My doctor is somewhere in the middle - when I did the 1st cross over it didn't really help me that much - she had me start with my night dose.  So she did not want me waiting the full week and said to cross over again - that is take my .25 K and go to another 5 mg Valium and to let her know how I felt with this.  I really think the key here is to listen to what our bodies are telling us - I know for me I could not get off klonopin - I always hit a brick wall and felt so horrible I had to go back on.  My doctor and Ashton believes that Valium because it lasts longer will help with this once my body adjusts to the dose.  I was not stable when I started the cross over but I did not want to updose the Klonopin - so I began my cross over not feeling well in the hopes that Valium will cover me.  We shall see. 

Ashton does do equivalents - 5 mg of Klonopin is 10 mg of Valium so .25 is 5 mg and if you cut .25 of Klonopin in 1/2 then you need 2.5 of Valium to cover this dose.  I am terrible at math too but this my doctor wrote out for me!!  Good luck to all of us - we are going to make it all together!!!

[1e...]
Thanks for ur input Kgirl! Btw, yesterday, when I felt pretty yucky, I went into our local Chinese restaurant and ordered 2 bowls of eggdrop soup. It made me feel a lot better. Maybe try some if ur out and get the chance! Yes, we're all in this together.

[75...]

Ingrid, if you can take the soup, great.

But just a heads up : lots of restaurants use MSG in their foods, which seems to really flare up a lot of people's p symptoms....

Will look for that song for you.

Hang in there!

ok I see my p/doc on the 13th of this month. I am going to try to c/o. since she knows diddly about any of this (I gave her a copy of Ashton Manuel) I will need to have all the input I can get from you guys as to how I want to proceed.

I will round up the Valium equivalent to 14mgs  on .6875 of K rt now

Etown says to just take one of my doses and switch it to valium, I want to hear how the rest of you did your switch.

I dose three xs a day >25mg  .25mg > and then evening dose is the one I cut from a week ago and am taking .1875mg

I will want to take my 1st dose of valium in evening..but do I do 1/2 K and 1/2 V or just go all V for that dose?

[75...]

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

That's the link to Ashton's cross over schedules.

My personal co schedule is on page 1 of this thread.

You could start with one dose, taking half K and the other half the equivalent for half K in Valium.

Take that doe a couple of days, then switch the whole dose to Valium.

I think Ashton recommends swapping one half for a week, then swapping the whole dose and hold that for a week, etc.

If you choose to go faster, by swapping a whole dose at once, make sure you have the right amount of Valium equivalent, so your Wd xs are covered.

Which direction are you thinking?

If you are not stable at all, you might want to go back to the dose you took last week, minutes the cut I mean, and start cross over from there.

[1e...]

I know it's cheesy. But I love this song.

The Bob Ross hair makes it worth looking at too  :laugh:

Thanks, Mom, that is sooo soothing, just calming.