• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [la...]

• [ro...]

• [ly...]

• [et...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[ed...]
Tonight is my last night on .625mg klonopin with 7.5mg valium. Tomorrow night, I will be crossing over completely to 10mg valium!! I would never have done this without this thread! Thanks. I will let u know how it goes over the next few days. I do not anticipate any problems, and think that I will actually feel better. :)

[ed...]
Hi, I had to change the last amt of klonopin in my signature. I was on .125mg, not .625mg of klon, with 7.5mg valium. I c/o last night to 10mg valium and no klonopin. What a gr8 feeling! However, I knew this morning would be difficult, as in I feel spacy, tired, off balance again. Im ok, because I am certain it will last a few days, and its not constant, comes and goes, and then I will feel normal again. I dreamed a lot last night, a lot! I will stabilize on the valium for awhile, prob 30 days. I will need to see my pdoc about getting some 2mg pills. She only prescribed the 5mg pills when I last saw her. So that's it. Im over, Im all in, Im on valium!

[ed...]
Valium does make me more tired tho, u notice that? I still hike for miles everyday, Im hoping I'll get more energy once I adjust to the 10mg.

The V does make me more tired, but then as my body gets used to each cross over it lightens up. I am doing a modified Ashton version of a cross over.

Thanks. It is going ok so far! Sometimes I just want to speed it up and get it over with, but if it ain't broken why fix it!  :)

I would like to know of others experiences with crossing over or directly switching from one benzo over to Valium, if they ct'd or went too fast.

It was my observation with my mom's experience when she ct'd for month,

That the 1st Ativan .5mg (after ct for a month) took away all her symptoms, but the next few ativan's didn't last more than 2 hours.

After she switched to 6mg valium, her worst sx was better but it didn't take it totally away.

I really think it is very important that people understand this problem when they decide to cross over and taper.

Moving directly over valium slowly seems to provide the most relief, but this is just my observation.

[ed...]
Hi everyone! On 2nd day of c/o to 10mg valium. Feel great. I hiked 7 miles today. 10mg valium=.5mg klonopin for me. I feel as if Im just on my regular klonopin, after feeling spacy and off balance and tired for awhile. But I got used to the valium. Im 50 and getting ready to go into menopause, so if I can do this, anyone can! Just be sure to get the dose of valium= to ur benzo dose and c/o gradually. Etown really helped me figure this all out. Im so thankful for all of u who chimed in and helped me as well. I almost stopped the c/o but decided to continue because of this thread. U have to be willing to feel somewhat spacy, off balance, tired until u get used to the valium. And u will come out fine!

yes I want to know too Nikkix.

Ingrid, I am so glad to hear a positive report. I am so scared after reading about a couple of our other members having such a bad time.

I am menopausal and that's when the crap hit the fan for me 2 years ago. So take your time  you say you are going to stay on 10mg V for a month? sounds like a good plan

[ed...]
Lainey, thanks, this couldn't have been easier, should've done this a long time ago. I tried many times to dry cut my klonopin, and I would get soooo sick, that I could not continue. I know I may have some symptoms as klonopin is totally leaving my system, but Ive gained strength just in the fact that I no longer swallow a klon every night! I realize Ive only "replaced" one benzo with another, however, I really believe the valium will be much more manageable to taper. Believing that u can do it is the real key here. I wish u the best in ur decision. And doing this while in hormonal hell is even more difficult! But I guess my hiking is what sustains me, it's what I do, I just love to put one foot in front of the other... :)

Ingrid you dose only once a day too and that's a huge difference with me. I was dosing 2xs a day but went to 3xs in hopes that the cuts could be easier.

But no such luck as of yet.

[ed...]
Lainey, have u talked with etown? He really know his stuff, and helped me out a lot. Momofone was very helpful too. I really wish her the best.

Thought I would post this Reg Peart reasons a cross over fails.

There is no obvious reason why about 10% of the people have problems with diazepam tapering, but it is sometimes due to one or more of the following:

1) Incorrect equivalent dose – the values quoted by Ashton, et. al.

are those found to be effective in benzodiazepine withdrawal and should in principle compensate for any difference in binding of the benzodiazepines to either the same or different benzodiazepine receptors. There values are not necessarily the same as therapeutically effective doses, but sometimes are.

2) Poorly planned or too short a period for the exchange from another benzodiazepine to diazepam. Mild daytime sedation at the end of a 2-3 weeks exchange suggests the equivalent dose is correct.

3) Failure to maximize accumulation of diazepam used and its metabolites – it takes about four weeks to achieve 90% accumulation: i.e., four weeks after exchange.

4) Tapering too fast. Each person should find the rate suitable to themselves. A good starting guide is 2 ½ % of the initial dose/week. The rate for the last 1/3 of the taper should be reduced to ½ of that for the first 2/3.

Clonazepam is one of the nitro-benzodiazepines series, i.e. nitrazepam, flunitrazepam, clonazepam, and nimetazepam. It has a half-life of 20-50 hours and accumulates from 1.5 to 3 times the daily dose level. Most of it is eliminated from the body in 5–10 days. Along with triazolam, clonazepam has the highest incidence of side effects/adverse reactions of the benzodiazepines.

http://www.drregpeart.org/valium_vs_klonopin.html

[ed...]

Thanks, mrmeo, Ive been reading Dr Pearts advice over and over, just to make sure Im doing things right.

Lainey, I meant to say have u tried replacing 1 of ur klonopin doses with the equivalent dose of valium, not the same amt of valium! Sorry! And I hope ur doctor appt goes well!