~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Diane

Yes, winter just feels a little more difficult because of that. Already got my calendar marked for spring.  ;) Oh the stomach is the same old, same old. I was able to draw two pictures recently. But now sounds feel like knives in my ears right now. one thing better one thing worse. I spent yesterday playing dress up games on the internet. Feels ridiculous saying it, but it past the time. If I do it enough maybe I'll turn fashion designer. Man staying positive is a full time job :D Im glad we can help each other. How these past days been treating you. ❤️

Lady Den

Thank you, I'll take any improvement!  :laugh:

Sorry things are taking their time. I'm rooting for you to master the couch! Is it the support that's causing it? A posture thing? That is boggling! Hate loud cars passing by! I'm so glad its less bothersome.

Hyperacusis got triggered by listening to music. I was better but now got the earmuffs on again and can't stand to hear talking or noise. Do you know if that has happened to anyone else? Like loud noise or music trigger it and make it worse for a few days?

I was told by a nonbenzo user that hyperacusis can be retriggered but I cant find anything about that on the BB forum? 🤔😩

Anyway, welcome back :) Good to see you.

Hugs and love to you both!

Lol fashion designer. I love it! And why not? I play games online too…scrabble, spades, text twist, Tetris, etc. keeps the focus on something else  :thumbsup:

I’m not sure about your question. I just know that mine comes in waves now. It was pretty intense at first and last that way for about a week and half. Then it started dying down. Hopefully it will be gone soon. I do know it does come and go. Mine is triggered by bass music/ bass sounds. Whalen the sound is gone then it settles back down but does leave me a bit frazzled for a little while afterwards. It makes sense because it disturbed my cns. I guess like waking a sleeping baby….he or she will fuss a bit then settle down. Let me know what you find out.

🤗❤️🌹

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladyden so good to hear from you!  We have missed you!  I'm sorry you haven't seen as much improvement as you were hoping for.  That is strange about sitting on the couch I wonder if its your equilibrium that's causing the issue.  I know you will be sitting up watching tv soon.  So glad your sound sensitivity is better.  I seem to need a lot of quiet time especially in the mornings.  Thank you its so good that Dr. Jenn helped you I am looking forward to talking with her.  The two therapists that I saw recently were not helpful.  My husband wasn't too excited about me talking to an online therapist but he listened to her family and friends video and he liked her. 

Stitch I love that you have your calendar marked for Spring!  Spring is my favorite time of year I love watching all of nature wake up!  I'm sorry your stomach is still being a problem I'm right there with you.  That's really awesome you were able to draw a couple of pictures.  Hey playing dress up games on the internet sounds like fun 😊.  I have always admired fashion designers so much talent in being able to do that.

Well the time change messed me up!  I have felt terrible these past two days.  The Fall time change is worse then the Spring time change.  Hopefully my system will adjust quickly.  I am so sorry your ears are bothering you again.

Hugs, prayers and love ladies 🤗🙏💖

You know what, Dianne, that has been my same question as to whether it’s an equilibrium thing. My vote is yes. I’m not sure if it’s viewing back support as a threat or what! It’s crazy for sure. Seems a couch or sitting up in bed would tell my brain of all the support around me but nope….it rocks, bounces, head pressure, etc even more. I’m wondering if I should just push through it to see if it will just settle back down. But I’m a bit nervous about trying to force it too much. I guess I’ll have to find a balance.

Becks mentioned laying on the couch. I tried that a few times. Same result…felt like I was on a fun house! As soon as I stood up to go back to bed it settled down HA! So it’s like it’s telling me don’t do it….I don’t know. Or is it telling me to do it so it can experience it to fix it…I don’t know.

Big hugs!

If any of you have any ideas please let me know. I’ll surely try it.

I'm lying on my back right now on my Chromebook writing this post.  I lie on my back all night and it makes me feel better.  The only time I get up is when I need to get a snack at 8pm when I watch my shows on TV or go to use the toilet. 

I'm lying on my back right now on my Chromebook writing this post.  I lie on my back all night and it makes me feel better.  The only time I get up is when I need to get a snack at 8pm when I watch my shows on TV or go to use the toilet.

Wow. I can’t lay on my back like that for long. Are you propped up on pillows?

Hello Dianne. Thank you and yes I’m doing the same as you. Hanging in there. Very cold here in the Carolinas! And rainy!

Stitch I’m thinking of you sweetie.

Love you both ! ❤️🌹

Hello Dianne. Thank you and yes I’m doing the same as you. Hanging in there. Very cold here in the Carolinas! And rainy!

Love you both ! ❤️🌹

Keep hanging on!  Its cold and cloudy here in Arkansas too!  I don't like gray days. 😕

Love you too.💕

Hi you guys, checking in to see how you are both doing. I been thinking of you both. Imagining good things. 🤞

It's cloudy here too. I see it's getting that way everywhere. We got a bit of snow here in missouri. If winter starts early maybe spring will come sooner. 🌻

I got tested for sibo yesterday. If I'm positive I think I will be happy there is something I can fix. But unhappy because it looks like a lot of work to fix it. Mixed blessings?

Hi Dianne! I've been thinking about your walks to the mailbox and hope that's going well. With how cold it is here I have be neglecting taking out the trash. Your appointment with jennifer is right around the corner. I am excited and hopeful for you.

LadyDen Thanks for thinking of me! And also giving me some insight on your ear issues. I think that helps me understand mine better. The fire alarm went off yesterday and I still have ringing in my ears and ear pain. Maybe mine takes a bit longer to calm down.

I hope you are both finding things to get through the day.

Diane and lady Den, I'm so grateful to have you both. 🤗

Love you both ! ❤️🌹

Keep hanging on!  Its cold and cloudy here in Arkansas too!  I don't like gray days. 😕

Love you too.💕

Where in Arkansas are you? I used to live in Arkansas off and on growing up. I have some fond memories as a little child spending some summers with my grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins in the country.

Enjoy your day today.

I’m having a rough morning so far. Seems to be my pattern. Also I’m not surprised because I’ll be turning another month in 4 days. Can’t believe this journey! I’ll be 29 months.

Love and hugs

Hi you guys, checking in to see how you are both doing. I been thinking of you both. Imagining good things. 🤞

It's cloudy here too. I see it's getting that way everywhere. We got a bit of snow here in missouri. If winter starts early maybe spring will come sooner. 🌻

I got tested for sibo yesterday. If I'm positive I think I will be happy there is something I can fix. But unhappy because it looks like a lot of work to fix it. Mixed blessings?

Hi Dianne! I've been thinking about your walks to the mailbox and hope that's going well. With how cold it is here I have be neglecting taking out the trash. Your appointment with jennifer is right around the corner. I am excited and hopeful for you.

LadyDen Thanks for thinking of me! And also giving me some insight on your ear issues. I think that helps me understand mine better. The fire alarm went off yesterday and I still have ringing in my ears and ear pain. Maybe mine takes a bit longer to calm down.

Lovely post, Stitch. Thank you! Depending on what caused my sensitivity and how long I was exposed to it seems to determine how long the reaction is. So no worries Stitch. It’s normal. Hopefully today it will go away. Wow you’ve got snow already!? Maybe spring will arrive early for you.

I hope your test is negative. And we all turn a good corner in our healings.

I’m trying to figure out what to do about my sitting up…. Here’s my problem….

I sit up for awhile and as a reward it causes waves or symptoms to intensify. I’m trying to figure out if my brain is saying stop doing it? Don’t do it for that long? Keep doing it so I can work on fixing it?

Any advice from you both would be appreciated.

I will add that in reading other’s past success stories, when they did normal things they got waves or upticks too but they did them anyway. Sometimes their brains just accepted it and quit reacting so badly and sometimes it forced them to quit for awhile. After some time they tried again and went on to succeed. Not without a reaction but the reaction was at a lesser intensity that they can handle it.

Lady Den, I was thinking about your problem staying vertical, so I am glad to know how you are doing.

You said you can sit up longer on the bed. Does movement worsen it? Like walking to the couch take more out of you?

It hard to know whether to push through these things are not. 😫

One guy who had trouble sitting up was sure it was vestibular system issues.

He said he was doing vestibular exercises in hope it will help. I think his symptoms were dizziness and feeling ill. What symptoms kick in for you?

I'll keep an eye out if I see anything similar.

Ladyden, maybe if you had a LazyBoy recliner where you can use a handle on the side to recline it back, you can sit in that.  You can adjust it so that you're only sitting maybe halfway up.

Love you both ! ❤️🌹

Love you too.💕

Where in Arkansas are you? I used to live in Arkansas off and on growing up. I have some fond memories as a little child spending some summers with my grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins in the country.

Enjoy your day today.

I’m having a rough morning so far. Seems to be my pattern. Also I’m not surprised because I’ll be turning another month in 4 days. Can’t believe this journey! I’ll be 29 months.

Love and hugs

Hi Ladyden,

I live in Mtn. Home its about 15 miles from the Missouri border.  I have lived here all of my life I love it here.  We live in the country on a small farm.

I'm sorry your mornings are rough so are mine.  Bless your heart this nightmare shouldn't take so long.

Love and hugs to you💕🤗

Hi Stitch,

I saw where Missouri had snow I hope you are right about an early spring.  I have family that live in Missouri its a small world. 

Let us know about your test.  My youngest daughter had SIBO when she was 11.

I am grateful for both of you ladies too ❤

Sending love and hugs 💕🤗

I'm not bedridden,  but I'm just stopping by to give you guys hope. I was bedridden for a good 11 months back years ago, and then stationed myself on the floor for a few months.

One day, it all left gradually...and I found myself outside, restaurants, shopping and so on.

Won't last forever, but I thought it would. I was in terrible condition at first: hallucinated and just terrible. I did a detox though.

Lol that bed was thrown out after 😆 🤣

Please hang in there.

You know, looking back, idk what I was afraid of to be honest.

Ya'll will be fine.

I'm from NC btw. Lived in Upstate NY back then.

💖

Stitch, my symptoms are vestibular issues from ambien. These have been my main ones and have been with me the whole journey. Movement doesn’t make it worse. While in motion I barely notice it. But boy when I stand still…. I’m rocking, swaying, rolling floors, unbalanced etc.

Becks that is a great idea. I haven’t thought of a recliner to try. The only thing is that I don’t have anywhere to put it in my small apartment. But I can see how it might be a great solution because it would allow me to be half sitting half laying. I’m going to see if I can rearrange my bedroom to get one. The only thing is if it don’t work then I wasted money lol Thank you for that suggestion ❤️

Dianne yes I’ve heard of Mtn Home. Living on a farm is fun sometimes. Some of my family is from Mcgehee/Watson and Pine Bluff. My grandma had a small farm. I used to love helping her when I’d go visit….chasing her chickens, feeding them, picking vegetables from her garden, sitting on the porch shelling purple hull peas. Wow my fingers would be so black.LOL Helping her hang laundry as she sings. So much more. Very special dear memories. But we had to come in when it started getting dark because the bears in Watson would come out looking for food. I remember one time a bear was on the porch trying to get in. Scared me so bad!

Dragoon thank you for popping in here to give us much needed encouragement. I loved what you said about looking at it on a higher level makes us realize there’s nothing to be scared of. I’d like to ask you how did you start getting back in the car to go places? Was it gradually or just one day it lifted suddenly?

Did you ever ride in the car when you were having your symptoms?

I can’t wait to be able to go anywhere!

Hey LadyDen,

The swaying and feeling rocky and so forth is a product of anxiety/adrenaline. I know it feels like something is terribly wrong, but it isn't. Ppl who have chronic stress and so forth have the same issues.

That's the thing with anxiety: it makes you feel everything in the world is wrong, but it's really not. That's what wd really is: anxiety. And it is.

Of course, I'm no doctor, but I know about anxiety.

It's strange how anxiety in general can make a person feel unhealthy, yet check the oximeter, BP, sugar and get tested--it's all normal.

I remember in the midst of anxiety, felt like I was barely breathing...yet the oximeter had my levels at 98.

I had panic attacks, where I thought my heart was going to give out...all anxiety unless there's some underlying condition.

The symptoms gradually go away: it's like layer by layer peeled.

Idk, everyone is so different with body chemistry,  yet share common sx.

Most of what I went through was derealization and depersonalization: once those go, I was just fine.

I don't drive, my husband drove me around. Honestly, it's been so long ago, I don't recall how exactly it eventuated, but I do recall derealization going away. And yes, I did ride in the car with symptoms, because I knew they couldn't hurt me. The worst that could happen at, let's say, Sheetz or Wal Mart would be an anxiety attack from my own fear.

Don't be afraid to challenge your anxiety...

I may be healed, but my advice is to find ways of coping with stress and anxiety in spare time.

I, myself still have stress (that's life though lol), but I try to keep it at minimum.

D ❤️

Thank you Dragoon for your encouragement.  So glad you are doing well.

🤗

You're welcome.

I cannot say this enough:

Find ways to cope with stress and anxiety once you're feeling good.

And I'm not doing too bad these days. I live a pretty mundane life.

Lol I'm okay with that  😊

Thank you Dragoon for your insight and encouragement. Although I’m aware that anxiety does cause many physical manifestations in the body, I’m sure that it isn’t the reason I’m having these vestibular issues. The ambien apparently injured my vestibular system. Even when I’m completely stress free, happy, no anxiety…I’m still boaty and unbalanced. If this was anxiety causing my symptoms then I’d be back to normal mostly everyday because I only get anxiety when I hear certain sounds ( bass in music). My sensitive CNS can’t handle the booming so it triggers an anxiety attack. My symptoms which are mostly physical vestibular issues have a mind of their own regardless of if I have anxiety or not. One minute I can walk outside for 20 minutes and the next minute its a balance act to walk to the kitchen.  My symptoms wax and wane in different intensities. But…gradually they have improved very slowly and very small bits at a time.

I do love what you said about doing things anyway because you knew it wouldn’t hurt you. That amazed me when you said it because I tried many times to do that and it did make me worse. If I try to force myself to go walking anyway knowing I’m too unbalanced I surely would fall on the concrete and hurt myself. I live alone and would have nobody to help me. So doing something like that for me would be foolish. But I really wish I could! Omg you have no idea how much I want to just do things anyway. My brain won’t let me.

Thank you Dragoon for your insight and encouragement. Although I’m aware that anxiety does cause many physical manifestations in the body, I’m sure that it isn’t the reason I’m having these vestibular issues. The ambien apparently injured my vestibular system. Even when I’m completely stress free, happy, no anxiety…I’m still boaty and unbalanced. If this was anxiety causing my symptoms then I’d be back to normal mostly everyday because I only get anxiety when I hear certain sounds ( bass in music). My sensitive CNS can’t handle the booming so it triggers an anxiety attack. My symptoms which are mostly physical vestibular issues have a mind of their own regardless of if I have anxiety or not. One minute I can walk outside for 20 minutes and the next minute its a balance act to walk to the kitchen.  My symptoms wax and wane in different intensities. But…gradually they have improved very slowly and very small bits at a time.

I do love what you said about doing things anyway because you knew it wouldn’t hurt you. That amazed me when you said it because I tried many times to do that and it did make me worse. If I try to force myself to go walking anyway knowing I’m too unbalanced I surely would fall on the concrete and hurt myself. I live alone and would have nobody to help me. So doing something like that for me would be foolish. But I really wish I could! Omg you have no idea how much I want to just do things anyway. My brain won’t let me.

Hmmm, I would say it is more than anxiety; it's hard to tell unless you get some tests done.

I do feel the ground more lopsided-like when I get stressed and anxious (in my case).

Everyone is so different: chemistry, symptoms, coping, anxiety and the list goes on.

That's why it's hard to tell exactly with ppl, and what works for them.

I was on Ambien a very short stent: it didn't help me at all really.

I'm happy things are improving gradually and small bits at a time; at least that's improvement.

I would take it easy, and eventually you'll be able to go out and do some things, hopefully.

I got up this morning actually,  and felt a little wobbly because of stress: 2022 has been a stressful year for me with family, vacations, home-life and the list goes on.

You know, even walking outside is an improvement--even if it doesn't feel like it.

The loud sounds is definitely an anxiety sx, unless you've got some other ailment that amplifies hearing?

I understand the brain having a mind of its own: it's like it can get stressed and passed off, even when we're not.

I have to ask: do you have any derealization going on?

Ladyden, something else you might think about trying is a folding lawn chair.  They're small and don't take up too much space, plus many of them have pads on them or else you can put your own lawn-chair pad on it.  They sell lawn chairs at Walmart. 

Stitch, my symptoms are vestibular issues from ambien. These have been my main ones and have been with me the whole journey. Movement doesn’t make it worse. While in motion I barely notice it. But boy when I stand still…. I’m rocking, swaying, rolling floors, unbalanced etc.

Becks that is a great idea. I haven’t thought of a recliner to try. The only thing is that I don’t have anywhere to put it in my small apartment. But I can see how it might be a great solution because it would allow me to be half sitting half laying. I’m going to see if I can rearrange my bedroom to get one. The only thing is if it don’t work then I wasted money lol Thank you for that suggestion ❤️

Dianne yes I’ve heard of Mtn Home. Living on a farm is fun sometimes. Some of my family is from Mcgehee/Watson and Pine Bluff. My grandma had a small farm. I used to love helping her when I’d go visit….chasing her chickens, feeding them, picking vegetables from her garden, sitting on the porch shelling purple hull peas. Wow my fingers would be so black.LOL Helping her hang laundry as she sings. So much more. Very special dear memories. But we had to come in when it started getting dark because the bears in Watson would come out looking for food. I remember one time a bear was on the porch trying to get in. Scared me so bad!

Dragoon thank you for popping in here to give us much needed encouragement. I loved what you said about looking at it on a higher level makes us realize there’s nothing to be scared of. I’d like to ask you how did you start getting back in the car to go places? Was it gradually or just one day it lifted suddenly?

Did you ever ride in the car when you were having your symptoms?

I can’t wait to be able to go anywhere!

Ladyden those are sweet memoriesl ❤.  We were both so very blessed to have childhoods like that.  My grandparents on moms side lived very close to us so I spent a lot of time with them doing a lot of the things you mentioned.  I've been to Pinebluff a few times when my oldest daughter played in softball tournaments.  OMG a bear on the porch!!!  I would have been scared crazy!  Thank goodness we never had to worry about that when I was a kid.  We have really only had bear sightings in our area the past few years.  I pray for us to have a better day tomorrow.

Hugs🤗💕

Hmmm, I would say it is more than anxiety; it's hard to tell unless you get some tests done.

I do feel the ground more lopsided-like when I get stressed and anxious (in my case).

Everyone is so different: chemistry, symptoms, coping, anxiety and the list goes on.

That's why it's hard to tell exactly with ppl, and what works for them.

I was on Ambien a very short stent: it didn't help me at all really.

I'm happy things are improving gradually and small bits at a time; at least that's improvement.

I would take it easy, and eventually you'll be able to go out and do some things, hopefully.

I got up this morning actually,  and felt a little wobbly because of stress: 2022 has been a stressful year for me with family, vacations, home-life and the list goes on.

You know, even walking outside is an improvement--even if it doesn't feel like it.

The loud sounds is definitely an anxiety sx, unless you've got some other ailment that amplifies hearing?

I understand the brain having a mind of its own: it's like it can get stressed and passed off, even when we're not.

I have to ask: do you have any derealization going on?

No I don’t have that.

Sorry you haven’t had a good year this year. Hopefully next one will be better.

Since the pandemic many people have had stress, mental issues/anxiety and all kinds of problems.

It’s good for everyone to take a few minutes each day to just relax in a quiet place with calming breaths. Even if they’re not in this recovery.

I try to also get outside for fresh air even if I can’t go for a walk. If my symptoms let me.

Thanks for you reply.

Have a great day today.  :thumbsup: