Important Survey - Please Participate ×

~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Ladyden, something else you might think about trying is a folding lawn chair.  They're small and don't take up too much space, plus many of them have pads on them or else you can put your own lawn-chair pad on it.  They sell lawn chairs at Walmart.

I have tried those. Didn’t work out too well. But thanks 😊

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Stitch, my symptoms are vestibular issues from ambien. These have been my main ones and have been with me the whole journey. Movement doesn’t make it worse. While in motion I barely notice it. But boy when I stand still…. I’m rocking, swaying, rolling floors, unbalanced etc.

Becks that is a great idea. I haven’t thought of a recliner to try. The only thing is that I don’t have anywhere to put it in my small apartment. But I can see how it might be a great solution because it would allow me to be half sitting half laying. I’m going to see if I can rearrange my bedroom to get one. The only thing is if it don’t work then I wasted money lol Thank you for that suggestion ❤️

Dianne yes I’ve heard of Mtn Home. Living on a farm is fun sometimes. Some of my family is from Mcgehee/Watson and Pine Bluff. My grandma had a small farm. I used to love helping her when I’d go visit….chasing her chickens, feeding them, picking vegetables from her garden, sitting on the porch shelling purple hull peas. Wow my fingers would be so black.LOL Helping her hang laundry as she sings. So much more. Very special dear memories. But we had to come in when it started getting dark because the bears in Watson would come out looking for food. I remember one time a bear was on the porch trying to get in. Scared me so bad!

Dragoon thank you for popping in here to give us much needed encouragement. I loved what you said about looking at it on a higher level makes us realize there’s nothing to be scared of. I’d like to ask you how did you start getting back in the car to go places? Was it gradually or just one day it lifted suddenly?

Did you ever ride in the car when you were having your symptoms?

I can’t wait to be able to go anywhere!

Ladyden those are sweet memoriesl ❤.  We were both so very blessed to have childhoods like that.  My grandparents on moms side lived very close to us so I spent a lot of time with them doing a lot of the things you mentioned.  I've been to Pinebluff a few times when my oldest daughter played in softball tournaments.  OMG a bear on the porch!!!  I would have been scared crazy!  Thank goodness we never had to worry about that when I was a kid.  We have really only had bear sightings in our area the past few years.  I pray for us to have a better day tomorrow.

Hugs🤗💕

Yes I was a little child about 7 when that happened. I was so scared!

It’s nice that you have fond memories too. Some things I tell my kids that we had as kids they can’t believe it! Like the telephone…it was a house phone only. There was a long cord attached so you can walk around the house on the phone. Only rich people had cellphones in their cars. And you had to memorize other people’s phone numbers or look them up in a big thick phone book. Lol 😆 It blew their minds! I still remember my old phone number from when I was growing up. Those were the good old days.

Hope you’re feeling better today too. I’m a bit better so far today.

Thank you sweetie 🌹

Diane

It is a small world! That is really neat!  :laugh:

sibo at 11? I hope it didn't give her too much trouble. I should know my results sometime today. Hearing about the farm, that brings memories. Going to visit my grandparents farm, the tractors, finding fossils in the gravel, sitting on the porch. Our mailbox was nowhere near the house come to think of it. How far have you been walking? Things you forget in withdrawal. It was nice remembering. : )

I'm hoping today is a better day for you.

Lady Den

Those effects, gotcha. I have heard of the ear issues clearing up on their own or doing vestibular exercise to make it better. But I'm sure this far in the journey you probably already came across that info. :-[

It was good to hear about your memories about your time on the farm. And oh I remember when I had phone numbers memorized! And it was amazing how far those cords stretched too!

Ladyden,

Oh yes the long phone cords those were awesome.  We just got a new phone book in the mail its a 5x7 and not even a 1/4" now!  We still have our land line but its hardly used we have kept it mainly because our security system is connected through it.  I'm glad you were feeling a little better today I hope it lasted.  My day was not good I think that the omeprazole I take is causing my anxiety to be worse.  I switched from pantoprazole to the omeprazole a little over a month ago.  I have noticed the past week or so that my anxiety increases about a half hour after I take it.  I'm going to try famotidine tomorrow I sure hope it will control the stomach acid.

Stitch,

My daughter took two different antibiotics one was flagyl but I can't remember the other one.  They worked thank goodness.  I hope you get the results you want.  I am so glad you have sweet memories of going to your grandparents farm too.  Our driveway is about 700 yards to the mailbox sometimes I wonder if I'm going to make it back to the house.  I always make sure I take my cell phone with me.

I hope your day was better.

Hugs to you both🤗

When I think back to my grandmother's house years ago in the 80's: that's what I remember...a phone with a long cord.

You would call a number out of order, and hear a recording: " we're sorry the number you have reached has been disconnected or no longer in service; if you feel you've reached this recording an error, please check the number and try again."  Lol

The old phone booths and having to call the operator to cut in on a line when it was an emergency.

Sooo long ago, yet not so long ago.

I still have a landline phone, but only used for a business phone.

So many memories 🤗 and so much has changed.

Can you imagine 100 years from now? Lol the world will be unrecognizable.

I always figured electric cars would become a thing. I recall telling my mother years ago: around the 2020's, I bet auto will start evolving into something else.

Here we are.

Some ppl like it and some don't.

Eh, it will all be okay.

I still use a landline phone and don't even have a cellphone.  I really like it since I don't like to keep myself glued to a phone like a lot of people do.

I still use a landline phone and don't even have a cellphone.  I really like it since I don't like to keep myself glued to a phone like a lot of people do.

Lol I hear you.

I'm guilty of having a cell phone, I have one now 😅 and glued to it.

I'll admit, I like my phone, but wouldn't say I'm obsessed with it.

I've seen families out eating, and there sets the mom, dad and few kids on the phone. I personally think cell phones have eliminated alot of family time. It's sad really.

Cell phones are handy, as long as a person don't need it like oxygen. 

I must admit that I am glued to my Chromebook that I'm typing on now.  I can lie on my back and just type and visit website and stuff and when I'm tired of being on it, I can just close the lid and put it to sleep and then come back and get on it again.  Closing the lid doesn't waste the battery either.  Plus I don't need to worry about viruses on my Chromebook.

Stitch, Diane, Dragoon and Becks I agree these cellphones have made the world worse in many ways. Especially has made people get “ lazy brain”. That’s what I call it because it’s not being exercised as it was created to do. Everyone is looking up everything instead of using their brains to figure it out first. Nobody is memorizing anything. That’s not good for human brains. I use these devices BUT I also make sure I exercise my brain the old school way daily.

Diane I’m really proud that you refuse to let your symptoms keep you from your mailbox. I miss going to get the mail. In these apartments my mailbox is not close so someone else has to go get my mail. Please keep as much of your simple quality of life as you can keep! It’s important. That’s why I’m fighting so hard to do simple stuff. I just refuse to give this bento bully everything! I’m aware that some things I have no choice but I’m keeping all I can. One day soon I’ll have it all back. You will too.

Stitch yes I’ve tried all the therapies to see if it would help even a little….nope! I’ve had physical therapy twice and expensive specialized vestibular therapy. Waste of my money! YouTube exercises for vestibular issues….nope! This is in a class of its own because it’s medically induced. If it was caused by a different disorder then those above therapies would work. So all I can do is….nothing. I walk as much as I can. I sit up as much as I can. I stay out of bed as much as I can. And wait……. Today I’m 29 months…….I’m waiting still.

Love to you all.

Blessings to you on this beautiful Sunday! May our Heavenly Father keep us in his love ❤️.

Hey guys I had my meeting with Dr. Jenn today.  I didn't come away feeling any better after talking to her.  I guess I was expecting her to ask me more questions and off more coping skills.  She talked a lot about the four cornerstones that she teaches and eating vegan.  I was a little disappointed but at least I tried.

I hope you have all had as good a day as possible.

Hugs and prayers 🤗🙏

Hey guys I had my meeting with Dr. Jenn today.  I didn't come away feeling any better after talking to her.  I guess I was expecting her to ask me more questions and off more coping skills.  She talked a lot about the four cornerstones that she teaches and eating vegan.  I was a little disappointed but at least I tried.

Hugs and prayers 🤗🙏

Sorry to hear, Diane

Hopefully you start feeling better soon enough.

What are the four cornerstones?

Hugs and prayers 🤗🙏

Yes that’s what she does….cornerstones and plant based diet. I’m sorry that it wasn’t helpful to you.

But I will say that you also have this forum with a pretty good stockpile of information about coping as well as strong support as you heal. I know you know that.

In reality, there’s nothing Dr Jenn or anyone can do or say that will cause healing or speed it up. Only time will do that. I know you know this as well. The benefit my appointment with her was confirmation that I’m doing all I can and will heal. I just needed to hear that from someone who I know was dealing with this for awhile. And she definitely did. She’s living her best life now…so are the others before us and SO WILL WE!

Dianne, you are a strong warrior with a great personality that shines through in your posts. That is a fine coping tool if you ask me. All we can do is wake up each day….see how we feel….and go about things accordingly. Go to bed…..repeat the next day. Until we heal. Then we wake up and don’t know what to do with our day because nothing is restricted anymore and there’s so many things to choose.

We have a new year coming up shortly. You know what? I’m looking forward to it because I know God is healing me as I type this. I’m going to enjoy doing things again in the upcoming year so I’m excited! Last year I did not feel this way. I knew I’d be better but I also knew it was a good chance that I wouldn’t be healed by then so I didn’t expect it. I wished and prayed for it! 😂 But this time is different. I can feel it coming!

Dianne, you are doing great under the circumstances. Don’t let how you feel now determine or sour your future self. Your upcoming year will be much better too. That benzo bully is an evil fat lipped liar! Just look at me now….you have seen my progress…I went from completely bedridden and on a walker to now I can be out of bed anytime with my walker under my bed collecting dust! This time last year was so awful for me in so many ways. When someone knocks on my door, even in a rough wave I can get up easily to answer it. I couldn’t even take a bath in a tub. Now it’s everyday and anytime I’d like to do it. Sorry I’m being long winded but I just wanted to encourage you sweetheart. Keep the faith. You are getting there. And I’m cheering you on!

Big hugs and love ❤️

F

Hugs and prayers 🤗🙏

Yes that’s what she does….cornerstones and plant based diet. I’m sorry that it wasn’t helpful to you.

But I will say that you also have this forum with a pretty good stockpile of information about coping as well as strong support as you heal. I know you know that.

In reality, there’s nothing Dr Jenn or anyone can do or say that will cause healing or speed it up. Only time will do that. I know you know this as well. The benefit my appointment with her was confirmation that I’m doing all I can and will heal. I just needed to hear that from someone who I know was dealing with this for awhile. And she definitely did. She’s living her best life now…so are the others before us and SO WILL WE!

Dianne, you are a strong warrior with a great personality that shines through in your posts. That is a fine coping tool if you ask me. All we can do is wake up each day….see how we feel….and go about things accordingly. Go to bed…..repeat the next day. Until we heal. Then we wake up and don’t know what to do with our day because nothing is restricted anymore and there’s so many things to choose.

We have a new year coming up shortly. You know what? I’m looking forward to it because I know God is healing me as I type this. I’m going to enjoy doing things again in the upcoming year so I’m excited! Last year I did not feel this way. I knew I’d be better but I also knew it was a good chance that I wouldn’t be healed by then so I didn’t expect it. I wished and prayed for it! 😂 But this time is different. I can feel it coming!

Dianne, you are doing great under the circumstances. Don’t let how you feel now determine or sour your future self. Your upcoming year will be much better too. That benzo bully is an evil fat lipped liar! Just look at me now….you have seen my progress…I went from completely bedridden and on a walker to now I can be out of bed anytime with my walker under my bed collecting dust! This time last year was so awful for me in so many ways. When someone knocks on my door, even in a rough wave I can get up easily to answer it. I couldn’t even take a bath in a tub. Now it’s everyday and anytime I’d like to do it. Sorry I’m being long winded but I just wanted to encourage you sweetheart. Keep the faith. You are getting there. And I’m cheering you on!

Big hugs and love ❤️

Thank you Ladyden you are always so supportive.  I was just hoping for more encouragement from her but that's ok. 

I am happy that you have improved so much you are only going to get better.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Hi everyone, wanted to post that I tested positive for sibo. Treatment is hard and it's a bit scary. It looks stubborn and really hard to get rid of. I just wanted to post that I might be less active.

Please continue to take care of yourselves. ❤️

Hi everyone, wanted to post that I tested positive for sibo. Treatment is hard and it's a bit scary. It looks stubborn and really hard to get rid of. I just wanted to post that I might be less active.

Please continue to take care of yourselves. ❤️

Stitch my dearest I’m sorry you tested positive for sibo and I wish your treatment results in taking care of it. I understand that you need to go away from the forum for a bit to take care of yourself. Do what you need to. I’ll be thinking of you and wish you a speedy successful recovery.

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Ladyden you are so right no one can say or do anything that will speed up or cause healing.  I just listened to a benzo coaches video and oh my!  He said that he absolutely did not believe a preexisting symptom that was treated with a benzo would go away!  I'm done trying to find help from therapists/benzos coaches.  The one therapist I trust doesn't have time for me right now I will just wait for him.

I hope you are having a nice day. 🤗

Ladyden you are so right no one can say or do anything that will speed up or cause healing.  I just listened to a benzo coaches video and oh my!  He said that he absolutely did not believe a preexisting symptom that was treated with a benzo would go away!  I'm done trying to find help from therapists/benzos coaches.  The one therapist I trust doesn't have time for me right now I will just wait for him.

I hope you are having a nice day. 🤗

Not true...

I had terrible panic attacks preexisting before klonopin.

Haven't had a panic attack since getting off the poison.

So, definitely not true.

❤️

Dragoon...thank you!!! 🤗

I was put on this poison for anxiety by a doctor who didn't listen to me.  The anxiety was caused by a blood pressure med that she had put me on.  I know when I get rid of this poison my anxiety will be gone!!!

Dragoon...thank you!!! 🤗

I was put on this poison for anxiety by a doctor who didn't listen to me.  The anxiety was caused by a blood pressure med that she had put me on.  I know when I get rid of this poison my anxiety will be gone!!!

Welcomes...

I had anxiety because I would take uppers to get through work nights. Lol, I was only 20 at the time (bad judgment).

I never had it until after taking the uppers, which were mostly yellow jackets and white crosses; truckdrivers use to take them, if you recall.

Sold at convenient stores...kind of like today's Monster and other speed juice they sale in vials near the register.

The panic wouldn't stop, so I asked the FNP for klonopin. She agreed  🙄.

Anyway, no preexisting panic from that time.

No worries...