~~The Bedridden Club~~

[...]

Ladyden,

Thank you.  I am so glad things have let up for you some any little bit of relief is so welcome.

I've not really thought about what I would write yet.  I hope your time is near.

Hugs🤗

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [ra...]

• [Di...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dianne I hope my time for this chapter to close is very near too. And yours also. It’s a strange feeling when I look at videos or pictures of myself just 3-4 years ago. Mostly normal and active with not even a thought about being restricted physically. It’s like…wow was that really me?! It’s hard to believe that I’ll be that vibrant active person again  but my symptoms are definitely telling me that it’s in the making. They’re signs of healing even though it sure doesn’t feel that way. When I’m healed I’ll probably go around kissing everything and say “ hello tree, car, road, etc Glad to see you!” LOL People are going to think I’m nuts, LOL

Hope you enjoy your day today. Lots of love to you. 🌹💕

Ladyden, you are so sweet.  I know how you feel about the way we were and looked.  I was always busy doing something... Crafting, sewing, coming up with activities for the grandkids...  Life has sure gotten hard but one day hopefully very soon...  Yes these symptoms surely must mean we will heal soon.

Love to you too💖💖

Yep, I look at old pictures of me on my phone and think, 'wow that girl looks cool, I want to be her'

I want to hear all about the hobbies you guys are doing when you heal. Hopefully your make a quick post about it and dive into life. I told my brother I want the overwhelming feeling of happiness and relief. I'd definitely would kiss a tree.

Sewing sounds amazing. I am curious to what you made.

Stitch and Dianne I have been doing art- painting with acrylics and crocheting. I’ve made hats, booties, scarves and sweater. All of those are for my new granddaughter except the scarf is mine. I’m going to make a matching hat and scarves for my other two granddaughters. My other distractions are watching tv/ movies/ series/ game shows and I have started to play video games again on my old Nintendo. I also play games online. When my balance allows me to I walk outside. Hopefully today I can do that. I also read from time to time. I love the V.C. Andrews books. She’s the author of flowers in the attic. She’s my favorite author.

I view my recovery as just that….I’m recovering my old normal self that will have a new healthy life. I’m a caterpillar growing into a butterfly. 🦋

Hi Stitch and Ladyden,

Stitch l would kiss a tree too!  I can't wait to have my joy back.  As for my sewing I liked to try alk kinds of things...I made sock monkeys for my grands, nieces and nephew.  Each sock monkey had their own personality I would make the girl monkeys with curly hair, eyelashes, earrings, clothes, etc.  The boys might have a tie, camo vest, one even had a mustache!  I had so much fun.  I made French hemmed pillowcases and quilts, table runners anything fun.  I loved to paint rocks that looked like houses.  I sure miss myself.

Ladyden I would love to be able to crochet your grands are very lucky that you do that for them.  Its good that you have been able to distract and walking is wonderful.  I haven't read any V. C. Andrews books I might should try one I need to find a book that would keep my mind busy.  I love what you said about how you view your recovery. ❤

Thank you ladies this was fun.

Hugs🤗

Lady Den, that is so cool to hear. I can just imagine you painting.

V.C. Andrews.... I read one of her books, About a girl on a plantation. Had a overly religious sister. Why can't I remember what it was called? Games sound very nice and comforting as well 💕

Diane, Sock monkeys! Oh goodness, how cute! I like how you describe them. Quilting? I don't think I could do that well, but I ve always enjoyed looking at them. The rock houses sound fun as well. I hope we get back to ourselves soon.

You guys make me feel excited about the possibilities. You guys sound so great and creative (I know we don't feel it right now) Hearing it makes it easier to bearer.

Sock monkeys are so cute! Kids love them too. They’re great for puppet shows or cuddling to go to sleep for kids.

Stitch I can’t remember the name of that one either LOL but vc andrews has so many. You have to read them in order.

Yes you can go on YouTube and they have beginner slowly taught videos on how to crochet, sew or knit. The first thing I made was a crocheted baby blanket. Very very easy! Turned out so pretty. I attached a rattle on the end. I just finished one hat. I’ll start another one Sunday or Monday. For my granddaughters.

Dianne what are you making?

Love and hugs to you both ❤️🤗🌹

Stitch thank you for the compliment I just loved making things.  I wish I could post pictures of the sock monkeys I think you would love them. 

Ladyden right now I'm not doing much I have dish towels waiting on me to do embroidery.  I had several projects started when this nightmare began hopefully one day soon I can get back to them.  I would love to see your crocheted items I love crochet I'm just not very good at it.

Sending you both hugs 🤗🤗💖💖💖

Dianne you’ll get back to those projects soon. Maybe you can work on them 15 minutes at a time. When I first started crocheting that’s what I had to do because I couldn’t sit up long. Some of it I even did laying down. I would love to show you what I made. Also there’s YouTube videos that can help with your crocheting. Maybe knitting would be easier for you? That’s ok if you’re not good at it. I’m no pro either. I’m a beginner. There’s a few mistakes in my projects but you have to look hard to see them so I kept going.  :laugh:

Stitch are you going to start crocheting or knitting?

Ladyden thank you.  I think that's a good idea to try and work on something a little at a time.  My anxiety is so awful I have a hard time concentrating for very long.  My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was around nine I still have the original needles she started me out on.  I don't do anything fancy just the basic.  I really want to learn how to crochet doilies.  Keep enjoying your crochet work.

Hugs🤗

No knitting. I would take old clothes and make them into something new. I was really starting to get good at it.

I used to spend my time making animations and storyboards. Like Diane, I had a lot of projects I just started when this all hit. I was going to make a headboard out of some cool shutters I found. I was almost done turning pants into cute shorts.

But I was alway the friend that couldn't get knitting or crocheting right. Oh well. Does it hurt your hands over time? I would love to see what you created.

Diane I think it's really cool that you still have the needles you started on. Also yes, it would be cool to see pictures of the sock monkeys! I wish I could post pictures of clothes I made or redid.

When we have the energy maybe we can swap pictures of things we made.

Motivation is really hard right now with the lack of happiness, But I force myself to draw on occasion. hmmm I think I started drawing about once a month since July. Slow I know, but I really hope the motivation kicks up. Come on cosmos!

Hmmm the project I am most looking forward to was a animation I was making to a musical. Would be so cool to finish that. Oh so much I wanted to do that I don't now. But wish I still wanted. 😆 that's a strange sentence isn't it?

Thanks for the hugs, Diane!

Love you both!

No Stitch it doesn’t hurt my hands at all. The problem I have is I can’t look down for too long. That makes my projects take way longer than they should. But it’s good practice for my brain to compensate. I love what you do. I used to a long time ago make old clothes into something new. My favorite was to take blue jeans to make purses or blue Jean skirts.

Dianne my things aren’t fancy either. It’s just something to do to entertain myself as I heal. I agree with you. I still get the rewards doing it a little bit at a time.

Also…….

Morning hugs to you all! I think I’ve decided to take a very short break from the forum for a few days. I’d like to focus on improving some things that would enhance my quality of life. This will be a bit difficult and cause my brain a little stress. What I’ll be working on is sitting up more during the day in hopes that i can finally not be in bed most of the day. I know this will cause me some rougher waves off and on. But I’ll never know if I can handle it unless I give it a fair try. I can’t type or hold my head down to be on this forum while I work on it. I hope my brain receives the message that I’m SUPPOSED to be able to sit up like a normal person and this isn’t any danger. I’m hopeful that it will stop reacting so wildly when I do this. Please keep me in mind to be successful in this little attempt to give a push. If im successful this would GREATLY improve my life!  I’ll be thinking of you all every day. I’ll miss you very much. Those of you who have my personal number can call or text me anytime. I’m also wishing you all nice turned corners and try all you can to push a little bit in trying things that you used to enjoy. That’s the only way we will know. It definitely will tell us how much we’ve healed. See you in a few days.

Love you all!

❤️❤️❤️

Stitch doing that with clothes is so awesome!  Oh my animation and a musical that is so cool!  You will get back to that!!!  I completely understood that sentence "But wish I still wanted. 😆 that's a strange sentence isn't it?"

Love and hugs to you❤

Hi Stitch,

How are you doing?  We are having really nice weather but I know the cold will be here soon.  I try to walk to the mailbox each day sometimes its hard.  I have been trying to find a therapist the two I saw were not benzos wise at all the last one I saw on Monday really upset me.  I've made an appointment with Dr. Jennifer Austin Leigh I have been watching her videos.

I hope you are seeing improvement.

Hugs🤗

Hi Stitch,

How are you doing?  We are having really nice weather but I know the cold will be here soon.  I try to walk to the mailbox each day sometimes its hard.  I have been trying to find a therapist the two I saw were not benzos wise at all the last one I saw on Monday really upset me.  I've made an appointment with Dr. Jennifer Austin Leigh I have been watching her videos.

I hope you are seeing improvement.

Hugs🤗

I have had a few no pain days (still no joy), which I would have killed for 8 months ago. The sun has been setting earlier here. Sunlight makes me feel a bit better, so it's going to be weird going through another winter. :o

Can't see improvement in the last few months, but I've been able to cook a bit regularly on and off. I hope that stays. I think jennifer could be really helpful. She will be able to identify with what you are going through instead of being so out of touch. You don't need the added stress of that. My last therapist had no idea what I was going through, but at least she could tell it wasn't something she herself could help with. Will you let me know how it goes?

Keep me updated, you're on my mind. Maybe we will be feeling better come spring. :smitten:

Hi Stitch,

That is so awesome that you had a few pain free days!!!  Benzos have taken my joy too we sure need that back.  I know what you mean about the sunshine I dread winter too.

I am so glad for you that you have been able to do some cooking.  Even the smallest thing helps a little.  How is your stomach doing?

A good benzos wise therapist is so hard to find.  Thank you I really think Jennifer will be able to help too.  Yes I will let you know how it goes I don't see her until the 21st.

Keeping you in my prayers 🙏🙏💕

Warm big I missed you ladies so much big hugs!!  :laugh:

Stitch I’m glad you’ve gotten some relief and cooking a bit. Every little improvement counts in this no matter how small. It gives such a renewed encouragement when we see little breakthroughs.

Dianne your appt with Jenn will be a good thing for you. After my appointment with her it gave me confirmation that I will heal for sure. I already believed that but to have someone who’s on the other side that has been in contact with many others who healed puts icing on the cake. It was worth it!

I’ve missed both of you ladies very much as well as thought about you often. I can’t say that I’m much improved…I’m not! I can say I’m slightly improved in one area. I did sit up more but not on the couch as I wanted. Here’s the crazy thing….I can sit up longer on the side of my bed with no back support. But as soon as I sit back on a couch I’m so boaty unbalanced and head pressure that I have to go back to bed. As soon as I lay down, it settles back down quickly. Crazy! You would think a couch would be easier because of all the support it has but nope! I’m not going to give up. I WILL master that couch sitting so I can watch tv sitting up like a normal person. My sound sensitivity has improved a bit. As soon as I hear those cars passing by with bass booming, I started telling my brain don’t panic, it’s only those dumb young people playing music too loud. No need to be scared. I breathe slow and easy until it passes by. I still get panicky/ startled but it’s not as severe.

Sending you both love and hugs

Diane

Yes, winter just feels a little more difficult because of that. Already got my calendar marked for spring.  ;) Oh the stomach is the same old, same old. I was able to draw two pictures recently. But now sounds feel like knives in my ears right now. one thing better one thing worse. I spent yesterday playing dress up games on the internet. Feels ridiculous saying it, but it past the time. If I do it enough maybe I'll turn fashion designer. Man staying positive is a full time job :D Im glad we can help each other. How these past days been treating you. ❤️

Lady Den

Thank you, I'll take any improvement!  :laugh:

Sorry things are taking their time. I'm rooting for you to master the couch! Is it the support that's causing it? A posture thing? That is boggling! Hate loud cars passing by! I'm so glad its less bothersome.

Hyperacusis got triggered by listening to music. I was better but now got the earmuffs on again and can't stand to hear talking or noise. Do you know if that has happened to anyone else? Like loud noise or music trigger it and make it worse for a few days?

I was told by a nonbenzo user that hyperacusis can be retriggered but I cant find anything about that on the BB forum? 🤔😩

Anyway, welcome back :) Good to see you.

Hugs and love to you both!

Ladyden so good to hear from you!  We have missed you!  I'm sorry you haven't seen as much improvement as you were hoping for.  That is strange about sitting on the couch I wonder if its your equilibrium that's causing the issue.  I know you will be sitting up watching tv soon.  So glad your sound sensitivity is better.  I seem to need a lot of quiet time especially in the mornings.  Thank you its so good that Dr. Jenn helped you I am looking forward to talking with her.  The two therapists that I saw recently were not helpful.  My husband wasn't too excited about me talking to an online therapist but he listened to her family and friends video and he liked her. 

Stitch I love that you have your calendar marked for Spring!  Spring is my favorite time of year I love watching all of nature wake up!  I'm sorry your stomach is still being a problem I'm right there with you.  That's really awesome you were able to draw a couple of pictures.  Hey playing dress up games on the internet sounds like fun 😊.  I have always admired fashion designers so much talent in being able to do that.

Well the time change messed me up!  I have felt terrible these past two days.  The Fall time change is worse then the Spring time change.  Hopefully my system will adjust quickly.  I am so sorry your ears are bothering you again.

Hugs, prayers and love ladies 🤗🙏💖