Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Morning hugs Team Z!

Jerry how’s the swimming? How’s your dad?

Ha LadyDen,

I am swimming every other day, so I went yesterday and go again tomorrow. So actually  I swim on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. I had another tough day today. I’ll go to my father this evening. In the night two half male finals will be played in the Us Open. I am looking forward to that. I hope you are doing ok at the moment! Huggs Jerry  :thumbsup:

Sounds good Jerry keep up the exercise. In this recovery we have to find what we love and go all in with it. But careful not to overdo it. Glad your dad is doing well. Wonderful to hear from you, my friend. Big hugs!

Best wishes to your team on the US Open. Enjoy!

Akathisia or inner akathisia. Is that a normal thing here?

Yes it is one of the common occurrences. In time, it will pass just like all the other symptoms. There’s a buddy on here who isn’t around this thread anymore named Shayna. She was on zoplicone. She crossed to Valium as well. She had that issue before she crossed because of her zdrug. If you go back through this thread you can read her posts. I think she joins this forum around page number 140.

Thank you🙏

I have sooo much unbearable pain in my left side. My shoulder, arm, and especially the left side of my body, under my arm. It feels like someone is stabbing me. Is this really withdrawal?

I have sooo much unbearable pain in my left side. My shoulder, arm, and especially the left side of my body, under my arm. It feels like someone is stabbing me. Is this really withdrawal?

I feel so sorry for you because you have this pain. I never had pain being on zopiclone and not also during my taper. So maybe it is not taper related?

The last couple of days my sleep was less good. We had a full moon here, someone of Telecare said that a full moon and bad sleep have a relation. Does any of you have the same experience?

Jerry

JB pains are part of this too. I’ve had those as well. Make a heating pad your best friend  :thumbsup:  Tylenol is ideal as well.

Jerry I’ve heard about full moon bringing on labor if a woman is at her due date. I’m not sure about affecting sleep but it might be possible. I know that certain weather and celestial bodies do have an affect on humans, plants and animals. For example: too much rain can cause depression. Change of season such as winter can cause winter blues. Barometric pressure causes painful achy joints and muscles. Etc etc

I am trying - but it is just do hard to understand that one can be so ill, so long time after stopping the drugs. Also that new symptoms come and goes... In the last months, I think I got internal akathisia, but I'm not sure if that is a thing?

I got inner vibrations, trembling, feeling of electricity constantly going through my body, and that everything inside is turning upside down. I also have nausea and disturbed sleep, waking up in terror.

I do try to ignore it and do sonething else, but it's really hard when the body reacts this way...

Jb I understand and you’re right that it is hard to endure. Hang in there it will be worth it. How long this takes is unreal. I agree. That’s my daily thoughts too. But if you’re feeling it then it’s healing it.  :thumbsup:

Distract distract distract.

Please can anybody help.  I came off zopiclone 3 years ago cold turkey and was put  on a cocktail of other meds.  I have come off most of the other meds but still suffering so badly .  Is it possibke still hsvung effects from the zopiclone after all this time.  I have severely  psnic attacks, anxiety depression and many physical symotims. 

Please can anybody help.  I came off zopiclone 3 years ago cold turkey and was put  on a cocktail of other meds.  I have come off most of the other meds but still suffering so badly .  Is it possibke still hsvung effects from the zopiclone after all this time.  I have severely  psnic attacks, anxiety depression and many physical symotims.

Sabi,

I'm so sorry for all your suffering.  I don't know but my guess would be your system is responding to the meds you are currently on more than the Zoplicone at this point. 

Sabi I agree with the others that I think it’s from the other meds you came off of and what you’re still on. It is possible that it still could be left over WD from the zop as well as WD from the other meds on top of that. I think once you’re off everything you’ll feel better if your plan is to come off. I’m not sure what your other meds are. Either way time is a healer. Sorry for your discomfort.

Ha Zzers, a little update from me; tomorrow a sax lesson and swimming and then in the evening I will do a next taper step. I have tough days. But it is what it is. It is great that i can file off such little amounts and am able to do such a slow taper. Huggies Jerry

Yes Jerry way to go! I’m glad you found a taper method that works for you. Great job and enjoy your day. Hugs 🤗

I’m 27 months today! Yay! Love to Team Z. ❤️

Lady Den,

Congrats on being 27 months! I hope today is a corner turner for you, friend.  :smitten:

Jerry, you are making progress! I know there are many tough days but you are doing all you can do get through it have some enjoyment with your art, your sax and your swimming. Good for you!

Jb42 and Sabi,  how are you now?  I hope things are smoothing out for you each day as you go along.  Just know that it can take a while but better things will come.

I had a rough few weeks after catching a bad cold.  Once the cold cleared up, I went into a monster wave with loads of burning and tingling and aching and heart palpitations.  I just had two good days and feel pretty decent this morning too so I'm happy to be in a window. 

Sending all my best to each of you.

Helen

Thanks Helen! May you feel great today? How are you doing? Cold gone?

Oh yes, the cold has been gone. Following the cold, I had a monster wave.  Just had 2 good days and today is so so. You're sweet to ask while you are wavy.  XO

Helen glad to hear the cold is gone. And that ugly wave. I hope things stay decent for you. You’re a warrior for sure!

Love and hugs!

Have a great day Team Z! Thinking of you!

Where did everyone disappear to?

I am still here…

I just read that autumn starts the 23th of September.  I thought it would be today, 21th..

I am mostly bench sitting today.. listening to music…

I have something new several nights, I wake up around two O’ clock in the night, I feel have to pee. But on the toilet nothing comes out, well after trying several times it comes and can sleep again, a very annoying experience.

In an hour I go to my dad, for an evening meal…

Best wishes to team Z…  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup::smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lady Den,

Congrats on being 27 months! I hope today is a corner turner for you, friend.  :smitten:

Jerry, you are making progress! I know there are many tough days but you are doing all you can do get through it have some enjoyment with your art, your sax and your swimming. Good for you!

Jb42 and Sabi,  how are you now?  I hope things are smoothing out for you each day as you go along.  Just know that it can take a while but better things will come.

I had a rough few weeks after catching a bad cold.  Once the cold cleared up, I went into a monster wave with loads of burning and tingling and aching and heart palpitations.  I just had two good days and feel pretty decent this morning too so I'm happy to be in a window. 

Helen

Dear Helen

Thanks for asking🙏

I have a really tough time. Sometimes, I survive minute by minute.

There is surely some disorder in my brain. I have constant huge head ache, dizziness, balance problems. Brain feels like it's shaking,  head pressure,  heavy nausea so I think I’m going to pass out. Feeling of constant electrical waves in my brain. Burning acid nervepain in my arms, hands, legs and feet. It's so horrible and so long time.

I try to distract my self. I try to work a little from home, but can't really concentrate on anything. I try to walk every day, but I feel dizzy and nausea when I’m walking. It's sooo hard to believe that this will ever get better. Yes - I know the standard answer to this, that we will heal and that we will get better. But will we really? How knows? Not to be negative, but it's hard for me to keep up hope.

My brain is broken, and my nervous system is on fire, and has been for a long time without any improvements. On the contrary, I feel worse.

I had an appointment with a neurologist today - because in the last month I was beginning to have symptoms of a brain tumor. They investigated me, and concluded that was no sign of that (no MR scan, since I had one a year ago).  I asked if they knew anything about withdrawals - but no - they never heard about it, as expected.

Last night, when I was trying to fall asleep, I had at least 20 brain zaps. My automatic breathing stops, so I have to do it manually, which scares me. When I wake up in the morning, the pain in head, arms and legs is tremendous. The last few mornings, I have been shaking for an hour. My whole body is shaking. Like I have just made a cold turkey from heroin or something (not that I ever tried that). It's so strange that it just continues after so long time.

Hugs and love

Jørgen

Lady Den,

Helen

Dear Helen

Thanks for asking🙏

I have a really tough time. Sometimes, I survive minute by minute.

There is surely some disorder in my brain. I have constant huge head ache, dizziness, balance problems. Brain feels like it's shaking,  head pressure,  heavy nausea so I think I’m going to pass out. Feeling of constant electrical waves in my brain. Burning acid nervepain in my arms, hands, legs and feet. It's so horrible and so long time.

I try to distract my self. I try to work a little from home, but can't really concentrate on anything. I try to walk every day, but I feel dizzy and nausea when I’m walking. It's sooo hard to believe that this will ever get better. Yes - I know the standard answer to this, that we will heal and that we will get better. But will we really? How knows? Not to be negative, but it's hard for me to keep up hope.

My brain is broken, and my nervous system is on fire, and has been for a long time without any improvements. On the contrary, I feel worse.

I had an appointment with a neurologist today - because in the last month I was beginning to have symptoms of a brain tumor. They investigated me, and concluded that was no sign of that (no MR scan, since I had one a year ago).  I asked if they knew anything about withdrawals - but no - they never heard about it, as expected.

Last night, when I was trying to fall asleep, I had at least 20 brain zaps. My automatic breathing stops, so I have to do it manually, which scares me. When I wake up in the morning, the pain in head, arms and legs is tremendous. The last few mornings, I have been shaking for an hour. My whole body is shaking. Like I have just made a cold turkey from heroin or something (not that I ever tried that). It's so strange that it just continues after so long time.

Hugs and love

Jørgen

Ha Jørgen,

Are you from Scandinavia? I studied one year in Copenhagen which was the best year of my life. I feel very sorry for you, that you suffer so much. You are going through hell. I was on zopiclone for a very long time, I tried several times to get off, then I tapered too fast, and didn’t succeed. I never wanted to do a cold turkey like you did. To be honest I don’t understand why you did a cold turkey. Was it your doctor who stopped giving you medication? Nevertheless you are going this road now. I admire your persistence while you have so much withdrawel symptoms. I am almost at the end of my taper, with a crumb left of my 7,5 mg zopiclone tablet. Still I am not ready to jump. I hope your situation will improve soon! Hug Jerry from The Netherlands  :thumbsup:  :smitten: