Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Don't you think that would be too dangerous after 15 month, and no security that it will work?

Also, I stopped an ssri 19 months ago, which could also contribute to the problem.

Don't you think that would be too dangerous after 15 month, and no security that it will work?

Also, I stopped an ssri 19 months ago, which could also contribute to the problem.

Perhaps you can discuss it with your doctor? This hell you’re going through is also not good it seems to me..

I also use an ssri (citalopram) which I want to taper. But I will do that after I am finished with the zopiclon. Not simultaneously. Jerry

My doctor don't even acknowledge protracted withdrawal. So it’s up hill...

Can you not ask him for your original zopiclone/ ssri receipt, and then you do a taper at your own pace? It s just an idea??

Yes - but there is a risk that it will make everything even worse...

I thought healthcare is good in Denmark, is there not a doctor you can find who understands your problem and is able to help you? Perhaps first via e-mail?

Good morning Team Z,

Jorgen in Denmark, I'm so sorry for your continued suffering. I know it's completely miserable and I have been where you are! As a matter of fact, the virus I had a few weeks ago created a lot of havoc on my nervous system to the point I was scared of what might happen.  It's starting to settle now so I'm grateful for that.  Are you any better today?  Jorgen, I do believe things will get better. I'm not trying to fake. I just really believe we can heal.  I know you are doing everything you can to gt your body to a better place. It will come but it doesn't make today any easier, I know.

Jerry, I'm sorry you are also having tough days.  I'm glad you can keep up your swimming. 

Lady Den, how goes it?  I think of you every single day, you know.  I hope the walking is still happening. The weather in NC is pretty great right now.

Anyone else on here who is reading, I hope you're doing well.

I'm doing ok...I had a bad stomach ache and headache for a couple of days but somehow got myself to a hair appointment yesterday and was so glad I did! I'm trying to push myself just a wee bit on the days when it seems manageable. My hope is that doing some more normal things will become programmed into my body and my psyche so they don't freak me out anymore.  But I know I have to go slow for sure. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach with a couple of very understanding and kind friends for the weekend. I'm slightly nervous about socializing but I know I can just tell them I need a break and take some quite time to myself. They're really good friends.  Wish me luck!  I'll breathe in the ocean air for all of you and send up a wish and a prayer for the Z Team for healing. 

Take care all. I'll probably be missing here for a few days. 

Sylvie :smitten:

Dear friends

Thank you for being there🙏

I am still suffering a lot. There might be something left from covid, but overall I just feel like I did before covid.

Every morning I wake up in hell. It's primarily my head that is the problem. I wake up with a terrible kind of head ache, head pressure or what to call it and paresthesia and maybe some kind of inner akathisia in my whole body. Every morning, it takes me hours, where I can only lie down with my eyes closed, just trying to be in the moment and survive the next minute. I also had this pre covid, and it has just gotten worse the last months. I still wonder if this is actually withdrawal - but I don't know what else it would be. I just feel brain damaged.

At the moment, I also completely lost my appetite but I think it could be some post covid...

Hugs🤗

Jb,

I'm really sorry. This happened to me during tapering and then for a while afterwards. We all do things at different phases.  It sounds like withdrawal to me.  Of course, I'm not your doctor but it sounds just like phases I've been in.  Morning is especially rough. 

Sending hugs,

Helen

You are correct! Don’t reinstate. Your body will quickly recognize that poison and give you more hell. IMO I don’t agree with reinstatement.

No offense Jerry but you have reinstated multiple times and very well know how much worse you made yourself by doing that. You’ve tried to get off this poison many times and have been on this thread many many years.And I know at the time you did what you thought was best. I’m not throwing shade on you.But…. All reinstatement will do is make a vicious cycle of making people have to taper again….as you’ve done. Why go through that if it can be avoided? Why suggest to other people to do what you’re doing when you know fully well you’’ll have to do a taper all over again plus be kindled.

Kindling is being off for awhile then restarting it. Kindling is much more torturous situation to be in.

Jb DONT do that to yourself. Listen to me please! I had a friend on here Zman…the doctors did that to him…take him off then put him on then add this and that etc etc….he was so kindled that he committed suicide. I’m not trying to scare you but as a friend I want you to be INFORMED before you do anything.

You, me, Jerry and everyone WILL have symptoms. It’s part of the process. So that’s to be expected. There’s no quick fix to this…no shortcuts….no magic remedies to make the symptoms disappear. Only time will do that. Please don’t dig yourself a deep ditch of more despair than you’re already in. At least right now you know you can survive each day and live. Now, it may not be comfortable by no means but you’re alive and surviving each day. What evidence is there that you’ll not be worse if you reinstate ? What guarantees you have? None!

I know the conversation was between you and Jerry but I couldn’t just let myself not say something. This is YOUR life…TEMPORARILY uncomfortable because YOU ARE HEALING that’s why you’re feeling it. At the end of the day, it won’t be Jerry that will suffer more from his advice…it will be YOU!

What I will suggest is you find a buddy on here that is similar in your timeframe and symptoms. Buddy up with them and get through these rougher days….medication free! This forum is full of support and love with all of us sharing this healing journey. Go read the success stories. If you have to read them every day. But please don’t start taking the poison that got you in this hell in the first place!

Good morning Team Z,

Jorgen in Denmark, I'm so sorry for your continued suffering. I know it's completely miserable and I have been where you are! As a matter of fact, the virus I had a few weeks ago created a lot of havoc on my nervous system to the point I was scared of what might happen.  It's starting to settle now so I'm grateful for that.  Are you any better today?  Jorgen, I do believe things will get better. I'm not trying to fake. I just really believe we can heal.  I know you are doing everything you can to gt your body to a better place. It will come but it doesn't make today any easier, I know.

Jerry, I'm sorry you are also having tough days.  I'm glad you can keep up your swimming. 

Lady Den, how goes it?  I think of you every single day, you know.  I hope the walking is still happening. The weather in NC is pretty great right now.

Anyone else on here who is reading, I hope you're doing well.

I'm doing ok...I had a bad stomach ache and headache for a couple of days but somehow got myself to a hair appointment yesterday and was so glad I did! I'm trying to push myself just a wee bit on the days when it seems manageable. My hope is that doing some more normal things will become programmed into my body and my psyche so they don't freak me out anymore.  But I know I have to go slow for sure. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach with a couple of very understanding and kind friends for the weekend. I'm slightly nervous about socializing but I know I can just tell them I need a break and take some quite time to myself. They're really good friends.  Wish me luck!  I'll breathe in the ocean air for all of you and send up a wish and a prayer for the Z Team for healing. 

Take care all. I'll probably be missing here for a few days. 

Sylvie :smitten:

I’m glad you’re going to the beach with friends. Please enjoy yourself. I think it’s a wonderful idea to keep sending your brain good normal vibes by getting out when you feel up to it. So yes I wish you a great time! Wish I was with you too. Love and hugs. Hope your tummy settles. It’s beautiful here in SC also. Didn’t walk much yesterday….day of waves and unbalance but perhaps today I will get my steps in.

Dear friends

Yes, I don't know what it should be, if not withdrawal - or a brain damage from the benzo, which I hope will heal eventually. I’m just so much in despair because I’m 15 months off, and it seems to get worse. I am really not really functioning anymore. Trying to survive each day. Looking forward to be sleeping so I can get a break, but at the same time fearing going to sleep, because I know that next morning, I will be in hell again with hours of terror. Most days, the terror just continues the whole day.

There is definitely something wrong with my brain. I can't concentrate at all. It feels like someone planted a knife in the middle of my brain.

LadyDen, thank you for the words about reinstating. This is also what I think and fear. I think I am too afraid what could happen if I reinstated. Problem is, though, that I still feel so sick after so long time, with no windows and no relief at all.

I think it is really difficult to find a buddy in here, with the same symptoms like me. I have read a lot - also the success stories every day - but it is really hard for me to find any story that is similar to mine, I think, and that scares me somewhat, since I then think it might not be withdrawal... I am in constant doubt whether it could be something else, which is not good for my health anxiety.

You are all a big support for me. Thank you so much for that🙏

You are correct! Don’t reinstate. Your body will quickly recognize that poison and give you more hell. IMO I don’t agree with reinstatement.

No offense Jerry but you have reinstated multiple times and very well know how much worse you made yourself by doing that. You’ve tried to get off this poison many times and have been on this thread many many years. All reinstatement will do is make a vicious cycle of making people have to taper again….as you’ve done. Why go through that if it can be avoided? Why suggest to other people to do what you’re doing when you know fully well you’’ll have to do a taper all over again plus be kindled.

Kindling is being off for awhile then restarting it. Kindling is much more torturous situation to be in.

Jb DONT do that to yourself. Listen to me please! I had a friend on here Zman…the doctors did that to him…take him off then put him on then add this and that etc etc….he was so kindled that he committed suicide. I’m not trying to scare you but as a friend I want you to be INFORMED before you do anything.

You, me, Jerry and everyone WILL have symptoms. It’s part of the process. So that’s to be expected. There’s no quick fix to this…no shortcuts….no magic remedies to make the symptoms disappear. Only time will do that. Please don’t dig yourself a deep ditch of more despair than you’re already in. At least right now you know you can survive each day and live. Now, it may not be comfortable by no means but you’re alive and surviving each day. What evidence is there that you’ll not be worse if you reinstate ? What guarantees you have? None!

I know the conversation was between you and Jerry but I couldn’t just let myself not say something. This is YOUR life…TEMPORARILY uncomfortable because YOU ARE HEALING that’s why you’re feeling it. At the end of the day, it won’t be Jerry that will suffer more from his advice…it will be YOU!

What I will suggest is you find a buddy on here that is similar in your timeframe and symptoms. Buddy up with them and get through these rougher days….medication free! This forum is full of support and love with all of us sharing this healing journey. Go read the success stories. If you have to read them every day. But please don’t start taking the poison that got you in this hell in the first place!

Ha LadyDen,

The reason I thought of reinstating was because i think a slow taper is better, and with less withdrawel symptoms, than suffering from a cold turkey. The reason my previous tapers failed was because I did them way too fast. Now I do a very very slow taper, I feel I will be successful. Everyone is different and has his own paths to the finish.  I can also understand your opinion and that it is better to continue this way. Also a lot of time passed since the moment/ start of the cold turkey of Jørgen.

Jerry

No offense Jerry but you have reinstated multiple times and very well know how much worse you made yourself by doing that. You’ve tried to get off this poison many times and have been on this thread many many years. All reinstatement will do is make a vicious cycle of making people have to taper again….as you’ve done. Why go through that if it can be avoided? Why suggest to other people to do what you’re doing when you know fully well you’’ll have to do a taper all over again plus be kindled.

Ha LadyDen,

The reason I thought of reinstating was because i think a slow taper is better, and with less withdrawel symptoms, than suffering from a cold turkey. The reason my previous tapers failed was because I did them way too fast. Now I do a very very slow taper, I feel I will be successful. Everyone is different and has his own paths to the finish.  I can also understand your opinion too and that it is better to continue this way. Also a lot of time passed since the moment/ start of the cold turkey of Jørgen.

Jerry

Jerry I totally understand what you meant and why you did what you did. Everyone’s situation is different and must do what they need to do. I’m NOT in any way bashing you. I consider you a good friend and I’d never do that to you. You’ve been nothing buta loving support to me and everyone. But it is admonished on this thread to not give medical advice such as reinstating suggestions to others on here. Just as Helen said we are not doctors or experts by any means. My intention was to strongly warn Jorgen before he does something to cause himself way more hell than he’s already in. I know your advice was based on your own personal experience. I get that. But, what you had to do may not be the right thing for someone else. In fact, it could prove to be a deadly mistake. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be part of the cause of something like that happening to someone. That’s why the moderators are highly set against buddies making medical suggestions….especially when it comes to these types of pills. I’m so very sorry that you’ve had such a harsh time of coming off your Zdrug several times. My heart goes out to you. But you know I’m one of your main cheerleaders for this time you succeed. And I believe you will and I’m waiting to be the first to congratulate you my friend! You are almost there! Yay!

:smitten:

Ha LadyDen,

The reason I thought of reinstating was because i think a slow taper is better, and with less withdrawel symptoms, than suffering from a cold turkey. The reason my previous tapers failed was because I did them way too fast. Now I do a very very slow taper, I feel I will be successful. Everyone is different and has his own paths to the finish.  I can also understand your opinion too and that it is better to continue this way. Also a lot of time passed since the moment/ start of the cold turkey of Jørgen.

Jerry

Jerry I totally understand what you meant and why you did what you did. Everyone’s situation is different and must do what they need to do. I’m NOT in any way bashing you. I consider you a good friend and I’d never do that to you. You’ve been nothing buta loving support to me and everyone. But it is admonished on this thread to not give medical advice such as reinstating suggestions to others on here. Just as Helen said we are not doctors or experts by any means. My intention was to strongly warn Jorgen before he does something to cause himself way more hell than he’s already in. I know your advice was based on your own personal experience. I get that. But, what you had to do may not be the right thing for someone else. In fact, it could prove to be a deadly mistake. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be part of the cause of something like that happening to someone. That’s why the moderators are highly set against buddies making medical suggestions….especially when it comes to these types of pills. I’m so very sorry that you’ve had such a harsh time of coming off your Zdrug several times. My heart goes out to you. But you know I’m one of your main cheerleaders for this time you succeed. And I believe you will and I’m waiting to be the first to congratulate you my friend! You are almost there! Yay!

:smitten:

I agree, only a doctor should give a medical advice. I also mentioned that in my conversation with Jørgen. Apparently there are no good doctors in Denmark. I also do my taper through(?) my shrink and not just on my own. Jørgen I really hope, you find a way out this hell. To be honest, my mornings and noons are also very tough. But I am not sure whether this is taper related. LadyDen, I also value our friendship, you are heart warming, very kind person. You put so much time in this forum, helping everyone. I also know you have many bad times, and still you stay very positive and you never give up. You are a true cheerleader! When I stop with the zopiclon, I will tell you that first… Huggs Jerry  :thumbsup:  :hug:

Thank you Jerry and LadyDen

No harm done. I have been thinking about reinstating a lot, since I am desperate. But I am afraid it will back fire - and now I am even more sure that I shouldn't do it.

So thanks🙏

This is such a good group.  I just want us all to heal.  Take care all of you.  I may be out of touch over the weekend but I'll be pulling for all of you.

A bb on here named Chessplayer, who was extremely intelligent, reinstated because he tapered too fast and felt terrible, and then after he reinstated he did a very slow microtaper and after he got off he said that he felt great.  Just wanted to mention that reinstating and doing a slow taper works for many people.  He closed his acct. years ago, and I wish that he hadn't because people could then read how he reinstated and then did a slow taper.   

Thank you Becksblue

I think it is still a lottery whether to reinstate or not.

Especially being 15 months off. I think it is a big risk to take, to start all over - maybe in an even worse condition.

Maybe you can type in the search engine on this forum "reinstating" and "slow taper" or similar words and also check on other benzo w/d forums like reddit and get more information about how other people have fared with reinstating and tapering and how they felt afterward and then make a decision?

Love to you all.

Ok Helen enjoy your weekend. I feel terrible since last night. Inner vibration, pulsating, very sensitive to sounds, upset tummy, etc. This is so crazy this far out. So I understand how we all feel. Hope all of us have a good weekend. Thank you all for being there for me too. Yes this is a good group. Hugs 🤗

Ha Zzzzers,

I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. Today is a special day in my town Alkmaar, we celebrate that we resisted the Spaniards in 1573. So there’s a procession in the centre during the day. My father and I, some neighbors and some friends go to a concert tonight in a church (Not in Alkmaar). The singer is named Sjors van der Panne. He sings dutch songs with piano player Cor Bakker (A famous pianist in Holland). After this concert, I want a period off, so no special activities or concerts. Then I slowly want to taper to zero zopiclone. Because of the special day here, the swimming pool closed early. To early for me to go swimming. I would have preferred to go swimming before the concert. It’s a pity.

Hugggs Jerry :thumbsup:

This is an example of the singing of Sjors;

Ha Zzzzers,

I hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. Today is a special day in my town Alkmaar, we celebrate that we resisted the Spaniards in 1573. So there’s a procession in the centre during the day. My father and I, some neighbors and some friends go to a concert in a church (Not in Alkmaar). The singer is named Sjors van der Panne. He sings dutch songs with piano player Cor Bakker (A famous pianist in Holland). After this concert, I want a period off, so no special activities or concerts. Then I slowly want to taper to zero zopiclone. Because of the special day here, the swimming pool closed early. To early for me to go swimming. I would have preferred to go swimming before the concert. It is a pity.

Hugggs Jerry :thumbsup:

This is an example of the singing of Sjors;

Wow Jerry. Go enjoy yourself special day there. Have many laughs, meet new people and enjoy the music. You can swim later my friend  :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing what’s going on in your world. I’m feeling better today so far so I’ll do some baking cookies with my daughter and walking outside. Yesterday was feeling too bad for walks.

Big hugs 🤗