Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Thanks LadyDen ❤

I thought that covid was going to be over soon, but today I started getting smell- and taste hallucinations. I smell and taste smoked metal all over...

Jb, I'm sorry you're still sick. I think Covid can take a while and I've heard of many people saying their sense of smell was affected and they had "phantom" smells.  I hope you begin to recover very soon!  No fair to get Covid on top of withdrawal.

One of my main symptoms is a constant head ache giving paresthesia in my arms, hands, legs, and feet. When it's really bad I also get slurry speech. It's always bad in the morning when I wake up. Feels like my brain is broken. Is that a normal wd symptom?

JB you’ll return to your normal after your body settles down from the virus. It might take awhile or it could be very short lived. But with what you have going on it’s all normal. Take care.

Big hugs to Jerry and Helen and all that are just reading in the background.

Happy Saturday! Enjoy your day.

Hi friends,

I had no power from Hurricane Ian for the past 25 hours and we just got it back so I had no internet.  Hope you all are ok.  Jerry, I'll check out your new support group.  I don't have that problem with emotional flatness but I care for those of you who do.  I have a good friend who is experiencing that as well. 

I've been feeling really, really bad you guys. Something has set off my nervous system making it hard to do much of anything due to tight chest, bad balance, stiffness, weakness, achiness, etc.  I'm so glad to have the power back so I can use my heating pad.  Maybe better days are coming.

Thinking of all of you,

Helen

Sorry Helen.  Maybe it's the stress from Hurricane Ian making you feel worse?  Ian is here too and it's so depressing.  Clouds and rain for two days now. 

Jorgen I find myself questioning if I will heal also from time to time especially when I get hit with bad waves this far out. Like last night and this morning. I feel awful too. So I just wanted to say that you’re not alone with those thoughts. There’s a thread called benzo lies that’s been busted. Check it out  :tickedoff: Even yesterday I was feeling rough and read some success stories similar to my timeframe. They’re very encouraging when feeling downtrodden by these symptoms. Perhaps reading some of them again would help.

Jerry thanks for the link. That’s good that you started that. Keep enjoying your swimming and being active. When is your next reduction?

Helen I’m also feeling bad with upticks in waves and symptoms. Even a couple of new ones popping in and out especially at night. Very uncomfortable and disrupting my sleep. I’m sorry that you’re having this too. I still think yours is the 16 month milestone slam and your body’s reaction to having that virus. Wow I didn’t know your power went out. I’m glad it’s back on. I hope you get back to feeling better soon. I hope we all do get to the point of having more longer clearer windows. I’m experiencing the love hate dance with my waves and windows. I love them but hate what comes when they close. But make no mistake, they are a lovely welcome in this recovery. I keep remembering them to help get me through. Please do the same and know that you’ll be back to feeling better again. Until then I’m sending you lots of love…

To everyone….lots of hugs and love. Enjoy your Sunday. ❤️

Lady Den,

I'm sorry for your pain and suffering too.  We'll have to hang in there, I guess.  I'm still deep in the thick of the weeds this morning and just trying to do what I can and leave the rest.

Becks,

Thanks for the sympathy. Hurricane Ian weather is depressing and I think you're probably right that it made me feel worse than I already did. I hope you get some sunshine soon!

Jerry and Jorgen,

I hope today brings something good.

Helen

Jorgen I find myself questioning if I will heal also from time to time especially when I get hit with bad waves this far out. Like last night and this morning. I feel awful too. So I just wanted to say that you’re not alone with those thoughts. There’s a thread called benzo lies that’s been busted. Check it out  :tickedoff: Even yesterday I was feeling rough and read some success stories similar to my timeframe. They’re very encouraging when feeling downtrodden by these symptoms. Perhaps reading some of them again would help.

Jerry thanks for the link. That’s good that you started that. Keep enjoying your swimming and being active. When is your next reduction?

Helen I’m also feeling bad with upticks in waves and symptoms. Even a couple of new ones popping in and out especially at night. Very uncomfortable and disrupting my sleep. I’m sorry that you’re having this too. I still think yours is the 16 month milestone slam and your body’s reaction to having that virus. Wow I didn’t know your power went out. I’m glad it’s back on. I hope you get back to feeling better soon. I hope we all do get to the point of having more longer clearer windows. I’m experiencing the love hate dance with my waves and windows. I love them but hate what comes when they close. But make no mistake, they are a lovely welcome in this recovery. I keep remembering them to help get me through. Please do the same and know that you’ll be back to feeling better again. Until then I’m sending you lots of love…

To everyone….lots of hugs and love. Enjoy your Sunday. ❤️

Lady Den,  I was thinking about what you said about a 16 month milestone.  I was 16 months post jump as of yesterday.  I'm sure the virus hit me so maybe this is a milestone wave on top of that.  I've not heard of the 16 month wave but apparently, it's a thing.

XO Helen

Helen yes indeed it is a thing! It can occur around the 16 month mark. I think mine started the middle of my month 15. Most people follow this common pattern of “ slams”. Baylissa, Dr Jen Leigh and even Dr Ashton mentioned them being a thing. It sucks but it brings a lovely gift of a better baseline. Hopefully yours won’t last long. Mine lasted about a month if that. If someone isn’t aware of them it can really throw them for a loop in thinking they’ve gone backwards/ back in acute or getting worse. From what I’ve read many times, it simply is part of the recovery process when the brain kicks up its repair work. If you recall I had that 2 year milestone wave as well. I’m sorry that you don’t feel so well. Sending you big hugs and love. I’m here if you need a friend  :hug:

I also want to add that I really really am praying that it is short lived for you. I was so happy to see you doing so well. I want to see you back to your better days enjoying yourself.

As far as me I think I’m at the “ stall” stage. It’s also a thing. It’s where people feel they’re at a standstill as if healing is paused. I’ve been at this point since a month now. It’s far time that I get to better days too. I’m not buying into the “ I’m not healing anymore” scare. I know that’s just not true. But I will say I feel it is taking it’s sweet time for a bit. I have been doing my 2500 steps except for the couple of days the other day that I was hit with a rough wave. That seems to be my pattern of a few days decent to medium and a couple of days that suck. On those days I just rest. I get up to walk around a little every hour.

Love to all Team Z! Happy healing! ❤️💗

Ha team Z,

I have some tough days. Today a very difficult saxophone lesson. Theory about chords which I find hard to follow with my groggy mind. Maybe I should be honest to my teacher and tell him that I don’t want to study that. I prefer to play etudes for example. Or maybe I’ll wait till my taper is over and feel less groggy. Huggs to all, Jerry

Hugs Jerry. Maybe you can let your teacher know that it’s too much for you right now. Good idea. Hope you have a nice week.

LD, yes I agree, it is better to be honest! I also hope you also have a good week!

Hug Jerry

Dears,

I hope you are coming through the days in a decent way. I can see you talk about the 16 month wave. I am 15 months off, but still feel miserable. I also still have some symptoms from post covid - still coughing, bad stomach and the usual fatigue. My main challenge is my head that doesn't work with chronic head aches. However, now I think that I might have taken too many pain killers and now have medicine overuse head ache, taking paracetamol daily for a long time.

Hugs from Denmark

Hi Z team,

LD, thank you so much for the good explanation about the slams.  September was a full on slam month and I'm hopeful that October will be better.  Yesterday was a little better for me and that was invigorating. Today I have a lot of stomach issues but I'm not sure it's benzo related. ...seems like maybe a food thing. I dunno.  I have a very busy day today so working from  my couch with my cat sleeping by my side and heating pad on the belly. I'm SO glad you are walking and hope you get lots of sunshine and feel good days. 

Jerry, I am sorry for your difficult days as well. I hope the sax teacher will understand. You probably shouldn't stress over it. 

Jb, I'm sure the post Covid symptoms are a real drag on top of your withdrawal issues.  Regarding the pain killers for headaches, I had to stop taking everything for my head for several months because my headaches were constant. Another buddy on here recommended to me that I try to endure them if I could until they become less frequent. I had very, very bad headaches and migraine for 9 years while on the meds.  I only get occasional headaches now and feel I can take Tylenol if I need it now without it causing rebound headaches. Anyway, I'm sorry for your suffering and hope things turn around very soon.

Thank you Helen🙏

I actually hope it's rebound headache, because then there is hope that it will get better. Also the covid should get better with time. I will not touch a pain killer for the next 2-3 months and hope it will help. I also have a lot of paresthesia in my arms and legs and inner shaking. I wonder if this is also due to the pain killer?

I hope that October will be better for us all🙏

Jb,

The parasthesia and inner shaking sound more like typical withdrawal symptoms. I have those too as do others.  So much fun!

Helen

Team Z! You guys are so awesome. I’m happy that we have each other’s support, sharing of experiences and advice. Yes I’ve heard of rebound headaches after taking pain meds for previous headaches. It’s best IMO that if the headaches are bearable then just don’t take anything. I have the benzo headaches off and on maybe every 2-3 weeks for a half a day to a day. They’re not like an average headache. They feel different but I can’t describe it. But all of you know what I mean. I don’t take anything for mine. I focus on that it will suddenly make its exit just as suddenly as it arrived,

Helen I’m so happy to hear that you felt better yesterday and I hope today is even better than that. You’re such a loving person. I’m so glad we met. Not glad that it was under the circumstances were in but glad still. I hope you were able to accomplish what you needed to with your fur baby as comfort. So cute! Hugs to you and fur baby 🤗

Jerry yes honesty is best always. I’m sure your teacher will understand. Later you can pick that lesson up when you can tolerate it. Hugs 🤗

Jb the around 16 month milestone wave might be happening to you too on top of COVID recovery. I hope you feel better very soon. Looks like we all are going through some rough waters. Let’s hang in there because we’ll be going to shore real soon. Matter of fact, we’re on our way there. Hugs 🤗

Thank you LadyDen🙏

I am really hit hard now. It started to go the wrong way in July - så it is more of a one year wave I got that just gets worse and worse over the last months. The last days I have been bedbound, feeling really awful - just trying to survive every minute. I have a giant headache where it feels like someone plantet a burning knife in my brain and burning nervepain all over. My stomach stopped working, and I am loosing weight. I stopped using pain killers as they don't work anyway. Will this ever get better?

Ha Jørgen,

I really feel sorry for you, is it maybe an idea to reinstate on a certain amount of zopiclone and then slowly taper (micro taper) to zero. This way your body gets the opportunity to slowly heal, and you suffer less?

Greets from Holland.