Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Team Z

LadyDen, so cool about NICU, what type of music is it they play?

Deanna, WOW love your sleep story, how was night 2 of doing that?

Jerry, glad the street work is quiet!

Shayna, so hard to not be understood during this time, no one gets it I don't think. I mentioned to my counselor that taper has withdrawal side effects and she corrected me thinking she knows more about it and what I've read here isn't in her knowledge so can't be right.  I crumble at doctor visits and am so sick of them.

One day at a time.

I dropped down to 8mg 2 nights ago. Feel tired out today and emotional over something tonight, not a great combo. Had such peace and acceptance earlier as I heard the inner call to just rest and I did it for a little while, felt so good! Need more of that.

Jerry sounds like you need to pack a week long bag to go to your dads house for a bit. That noise outside your place will make your anxiety through the roof. Trust me when I tell you stress is NOT our friends during this.

Ha Ladyden,

I am lucky, the pile driver makes no noise. So no stress for me. I am still not feeling good, but I feel a bit better than yesterday. A tiny bit. And a tiny bit is still something. My father came here yesterday evening and told me that he had heard that the public buildings will open again next week; theater’s, museums, cinemas and.....  swimming pools...

I hope this is true. I am really looking forward to a dive....  :thumbsup: Jerry

Oh wow jerry things are opening again so soon? That’s a great sign! Glad u are feeling a little better than yesterday a little bit is a lot x

Ha Shayna,

I am not 100% sure yet, we will hear it on coming tuesday. Yesterday evening on the 11th of november there’s an event for children called St. Maarten. Kids have hand made lamps attached a stick and they go along the houses in the neighborhood. After they have song they get treats. Because I live in an appartement building no kids came along here, but In case they would come I had bought a box with chocolates. Normally I never buy chocolats or sweets, because I easily get a belly. But yesterday, with no kids at the door, I couldn’t stay off the chocolats myself. Therefore I think I didn’t feel good today.

Anyway, I will give the leftovers to my father tonight.

My sleep is still good luckily.... :thumbsup: Jerry

Shayna, THANKS!!

Jerry, mmmm, yes, box of chocolates. Sounds like our Halloween, I usually buy a brand of candy that I don't like to give out, so I don't eat them all!

Feeling tender, tears close to the surface. Life during this time is almost unbelievable, in the world news ... and in people's lives. I'm 60 and many friends are facing big losses and challenges right now.

I'm resting today. So hard for me to do. But it's peaceful and I'm grateful. Listening to Andreas Bocelli.

3rd night at 8mg and I think I slept straight through the night. Drinking lots of liquids in the morning and not at night to keep my bladder empty. Just sayin' ...

:yippee:

Glad you are both sleeping well xx that’s great news. Yes there are so many changes going on in the world. I really feel for u all. I know how blessed we are in Australia. We have very low numbers so contract tracing is easier. Just terrible what’s going on in other countries. I hope things change very soon

Today I received my package with four 80 x 100 cm linen canvases. Not that I am ready to paint again, but it is good to have them in my house. It is the promise that I will paint again after this ordeal is over. I also received a letter with with, size 2.5, alto sax reeds, Unfortunately they blow too heavy for me, so I ordered another box with size 2.0 reeds. I like to have reeds that blow easy but have a full tone. I am always curious to try different brands and sizes.

While I was too depressed to play the last two days. Today I played again.  :thumbsup: Jerry

You will paint again jerry as will lady. It’s great that you have the canvases at ur house in the event u feel ready. I love sewing but like you it’s difficult to focus on it right now. But with Christmas coming I am hoping to start feeling creative again. Fingers crossed. What do u like to paint jerry? I’ve never been very good at drawing or painting so a bit jealous of those that are good at it! My husband and daughter are both excellent drawers

I just left my dr as I had made an appointment with her to discuss my taper via benzo clinic here where I live discussing with her best way forward. Instead I spent the whole appointment with her discussing that I need psychological therapy because the severe insomnia I’m struggling with is not because of the medication at all and that it’s my preoccupation with stressful life that’s keeping me from sleeping. That the other symptoms I’m struggling with are psychosomatic. I ended up walking out of her office. I am so angry and sick and tired of her trying to say all this is my fault. She won’t take on any responsibility at all for what’s happened. Why do drs continually ignore the evidence of what these drugs are capable of? I agree some counseling would be beneficial in working thru the trauma of wd but so tired of her not being open to the possibility that I might be right. She’s been my dr for 18 years. She knew me before I had children. I’m devastated that she has said this to me and never want to go back to her office. But... of course I need the scripts don’t I. Sorry for the vent just tired of fighting for some kind of recognition of what’s happened here.

I'm sorry Shay this has happened to you as well as MOST of the members on here. The reasons are:

1. They're ignorant of the extreme after effects, side effects while taking/tapering and long term effects. The saddest thing is they're quick to keep giving them but want no part in learning what they're giving or how devastating they are. It's all about the money. If they own up to this is happening to people then responsibility would have to be taken and less writings of prescriptions which is FAR less money.

2. The lawsuits would fill up a whole courtroom and ruin them.

3. They're too proud to admit wrongdoing to their patients no matter if they've known them for many years. They'd rather pawn us off as insane even though they know damn well we're not! And they continue to get away with it because there's no tests that can pinpoint it was the benzo they prescribed that did this to us. Therefore nearly impossible to prove benzos did it. So when confronting those trusted doctors, their defense goes up to not implicate they had no business giving benzos on a regular basis for years.

Team Z

LadyDen, so cool about NICU, what type of music is it they play?

Deanna, WOW love your sleep story, how was night 2 of doing that?

Jerry, glad the street work is quiet!

Shayna, so hard to not be understood during this time, no one gets it I don't think. I mentioned to my counselor that taper has withdrawal side effects and she corrected me thinking she knows more about it and what I've read here isn't in her knowledge so can't be right.  I crumble at doctor visits and am so sick of them.

One day at a time.

I dropped down to 8mg 2 nights ago. Feel tired out today and emotional over something tonight, not a great combo. Had such peace and acceptance earlier as I heard the inner call to just rest and I did it for a little while, felt so good! Need more of that.

Most of the music is instrumentals of classical, spa music or lullabies.

Yes at this point, I think you will feel every reduction. It really helps to know what's happening and expect it. On those days, you're doing the right thing by resting and let your body go through it. All part of the process. But I'm happy for you that you're sleeping and staying positive. One day at a time is right! On even tougher days, you take one hour at a time and sometimes one minute at a time.

I just left my dr as I had made an appointment with her to discuss my taper via benzo clinic here where I live discussing with her best way forward. Instead I spent the whole appointment with her discussing that I need psychological therapy because the severe insomnia I’m struggling with is not because of the medication at all and that it’s my preoccupation with stressful life that’s keeping me from sleeping. That the other symptoms I’m struggling with are psychosomatic. I ended up walking out of her office. I am so angry and sick and tired of her trying to say all this is my fault. She won’t take on any responsibility at all for what’s happened. Why do drs continually ignore the evidence of what these drugs are capable of? I agree some counseling would be beneficial in working thru the trauma of wd but so tired of her not being open to the possibility that I might be right. She’s been my dr for 18 years. She knew me before I had children. I’m devastated that she has said this to me and never want to go back to her office. But... of course I need the scripts don’t I. Sorry for the vent just tired of fighting for some kind of recognition of what’s happened here.

I'm sorry Shay this has happened to you as well as MOST of the members on here. The reasons are:

1. They're ignorant of the extreme after effects, side effects while taking/tapering and long term effects. The saddest thing is they're quick to keep giving them but want no part in learning what they're giving or how devastating they are. It's all about the money. If they own up to this is happening to people then responsibility would have to be taken and less writings of prescriptions which is FAR less money.

2. The lawsuits would fill up a whole courtroom and ruin them.

3. They're too proud to admit wrongdoing to their patients no matter if they've known them for many years. They'd rather pawn us off as insane even though they know damn well we're not! And they continue to get away with it because there's no tests that can pinpoint it was the benzo they prescribed that did this to us. Therefore nearly impossible to prove benzos did it. So when confronting those trusted doctors, their defense goes up to not implicate they had no business giving benzos on a regular basis for years.

Yes exactly. My counselor has arranged funding and I start therapy next week. It’s with a drug and alcohol therapist but I’m told they have experience with Benzos and can help me work thru the trauma.  It’s worth a try x 

Shayna, yes, it is worth a try...and I hope they can offer helpful support regardless of if they get it---my counselor is a support to me, and coincidentally she has addiction counseling certification and experience. I didn't go to her for that. When I tried to talk to her about what people here go through she wasn't open to it. That doesn't mean I don't get support from her, it just means I'm not going to talk about this with her. But it is good, for me, to have someone professional to check in with. The support she offers otherwise is valuable.

Thank you LadyDen, very encouraging. I woke up in the middle of the night last night and was so scared I wouldn't get back to sleep ... hate that fear, because even if I don't go back to sleep I'll be okay.

Jerry, cool you got canvases! I hate depression, sorry you're having it.

I feel very exhausted and I usually would have something sweet to bring my energy up, but have skipped that this week. I think it reveals my true exhaustion. So lucky I am not working as I can rest. Rest is hard for me, I want to DO. I did go for a walk earlier, it's a sleepy stormy day. Also feel emotional ups and downs ... yesterday I did something a little creative and that was peaceful.

The leaves are starting to fall off ... and I do get SAD!

Shayna, yes, it is worth a try...and I hope they can offer helpful support regardless of if they get it---my counselor is a support to me, and coincidentally she has addiction counseling certification and experience. I didn't go to her for that. When I tried to talk to her about what people here go through she wasn't open to it. That doesn't mean I don't get support from her, it just means I'm not going to talk about this with her. But it is good, for me, to have someone professional to check in with. The support she offers otherwise is valuable.

I think it’s good to offload anyway kachina. I think to be honest I need that. To be in a safe space to just let it all out. X

Ha team Z,

Today was quite ok, in the evening I met Simon, a good friend of mine, we had a meal together in his house. We had a nice conversation. His roots are in England, he is a big fan of football club Manchester United. I hope you all sleep well!  :smitten: Jerry

I was looking at a map of uk yesterday as I was watching a movie and wanted to know where a place was. I saw how close Amsterdam is to uk, just across the Channel. U are so lucky to be able to travel to different countries so quickly. (Well not right now tho)  Glad u had a nice time with ur friend jerry, sounds like u had a good day. I hope u have a great sleep too!

Night team z!

Hello Team Z,

Good to hear from you ... it's Saturday, I'm down on this cold gloomy we weather but am going to force a walk very very soon. MUST do it.

THANK GOD for sleep. Been riding waves of pain and difficult emotions and fatigue, this must be my taper right???

Australia is lucky to be in Summer, Europe is lucky to be, well--in Europe!! I love Europe so much and want to get back there again. My physical symptoms would prevent that if other things didn't, at present and in the past. I HOPE for a future of Joy and feeling well.

I hate ambien, it is poison, I lost so much quality of life to it. AAAHHHH, breathe. I did my cognitive behavior thing last night as I was upset at bedtime. As soon as I started to sing, laying quietly in low lights in my room, I yawned!!

hugs  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Shay I'm so glad you've got this forum because otherwise you wouldn't know what the heck is wrong with you. None of us would. How quick the pill pusher we've known for years turn on us. Glad you have a counselor and hands on support. I think it will continue to be beneficial in your healing. Just keep going and don't give up.

Jerry I'm jealous that you're starting to paint and draw but happy that you are. That's fabulous and good distraction. Please think of me when you do it. Wow I miss sitting in front of my canvases so much. Soon....very soon I will again.

Kachina I agree that being scared of waking in the middle of the night is a real fear. Just know that all of us suffer from fears because of the poison we were taking. I also experienced fear of not sleeping or waking only couple hours later and can't go back to sleep. What helped me is to not give those fears fuel or validity. Simply laughed at them and ignored it. I also told myself " so what! You won't die from waking up in the middle of the night!" It's good to hear that you've got coping mechanism and routine ( singing) to help you stay calm. How awesome! I don't know what I'd do without mine.

And to everyone else I didn't name, I hope you're doing better, getting sleep and enjoying your day each day. We are all stronger than we realize or else we wouldn't have attempted getting off our meds. TEAM Z.....we got this! Together we will survive and be benzo free!  :smitten:

I know I am so greatful for u guys x I did listen to the drs way longer than I should have even in the back of my mind I knew what was wrong. Anyway I’m on the right track now and im slowly getting there!

Go team z!  8)

Shay I'm so glad you've got this forum because otherwise you wouldn't know what the heck is wrong with you. None of us would. How quick the pill pusher we've known for years turn on us. Glad you have a counselor and hands on support. I think it will continue to be beneficial in your healing. Just keep going and don't give up.

Jerry I'm jealous that you're starting to paint and draw but happy that you are. That's fabulous and good distraction. Please think of me when you do it. Wow I miss sitting in front of my canvases so much. Soon....very soon I will again.

Kachina I agree that being scared of waking in the middle of the night is a real fear. Just know that all of us suffer from fears because of the poison we were taking. I also experienced fear of not sleeping or waking only couple hours later and can't go back to sleep. What helped me is to not give those fears fuel or validity. Simply laughed at them and ignored it. I also told myself " so what! You won't die from waking up in the middle of the night!" It's good to hear that you've got coping mechanism and routine ( singing) to help you stay calm. How awesome! I don't know what I'd do without mine.

And to everyone else I didn't name, I hope you're doing better, getting sleep and enjoying your day each day. We are all stronger than we realize or else we wouldn't have attempted getting off our meds. TEAM Z.....we got this! Together we will survive and be benzo free!  :smitten:

Ha Ladyden,

I am not painting. I am feeling too bad to do that at the moment. Today is a tough day again. The only thing I can do is sit on my bench and watch some tv (female football) and listen to music on spotify. I am also doing an underwear wash and dry. I am even not in the mood for playing saxophone. That says something.

It is also raining the whole day here.

:sick: Jerry

Z team: Anyone know where else on this site do you see people's experiences with Ambien and fibromyalgia? I need to look around ... I limit my time being on the computer due to pain ... pain schmain.

Really cold and rainy here too. My husband and I walked in the rain yesterday, with our dog, and saw wildlife that we don't usually see in this spot but so glad we did! It's trails along a river on the outskirts of town. Deer, snowy egret and woodpecker, quite uplifting even as the trees become bare and I can't get warm enough.

Hey Jerry,  Sorry you have the blues, glad you're listening to music and watching something.  :'(

Kachina you can type ambien and fibromyalgia in the search engine top right corner of the forum.

Your walk sounded lovely. Thanks for sharing it. I wish you had pictures of it.

Sorry you're having a tough time Jerry. You'll use those canvases soon. Get your paint ready my friend! I know you're feeling rough. Stay strong and distract just as you're doing. It's temporary. The fact that it is keeps me grounded. Gives me something to look forward to....nice Windows. Btw, other than female sports what else do you watch? Do you celebrate thanksgiving or Xmas?

Ha Ladyden, luckily in the evening I felt better. Also after I took a shower. Tomorrow I have a meeting in the centre of my town, so I hope I feel better tomorrow. This evening our national football team played against Bosnia Herzogovina and won with 3-1. I watched it together with my father. I like to watch art related tv programs. On sunday a program with classical music, in the evening an art competition called Project Rembrandt. On saturday an art portrait competition program. Xmas is different this year, because my mother died last july. So I wonder how these special days will be. I am single child, so we will be with the two of us. How are these days for you? What kind of tv do you watch? I also wonder.. Was it hard for you to taper Ambien?  :thumbsup: Jerry

Hi Team Z - Just catching up on all the posts and Shayna I am SO SORRY you had to go through that with your Dr!!  It is unfathomable that in addition to the horror of this experience of withdrawal some of us have to deal with Drs who disbelieve what is really going on as if we don't know best what is happening to us.  LadyDen is right - they can't see themselves as having any culpability with the horrors of these drugs.  I hope you find a new Dr that is more open to these issues.  I left my old Dr. because she never looked me in the eyes when she spoke to me.  And it was my new Dr. who figured out what was wrong, so this may be an opportunity for you to find a better medical advocate. 

I'm hoping all of you are getting some relief in your recovery.  I have kept up with the gluten/dairy/histamine-free diet and now staying away from any Chamomile tea.  I figured out that at this point in my recovery it is actually giving me rebound symptoms hours after I have the tea.  It never did before, but maybe this means there are changes going on in my receptors.  :crazy: