Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Deanna, I, too, really wonder how my life would have been without ambien and how I could truly not imagine that it has been causing so many mysterious symptoms. Yes, the crowd aversion is only since ambien and since the last years. I also cannot take car rides very far without being exhausted and overstimulated and sometimes having a pain flare up. Perhaps, though, I need to do some pushing for getting out on car drives, please talk to us more about this!!!:

pushed myself at times and while it may temporarily bump up my symptoms I think in the long run it pushes us forward.  Neuroplasticity in action! We must train the brain to feel safe in doing things we know ARE SAFE.  Our cognitive brain needs to teach our primitive amygdala who the boss really is around here!!!

Success, so so sorry about the loss of your Mom Hugs to you.

LadyDen, thanks for the suggestion of something fun!!

What are all of you enjoying on Netflix these days?

Shayna, clean apartment, don't you love that?! Water Park!!!! Oh joy, hope it went well.

I'm feeling very grateful for sleep and resting in the day...happy my husband is home for the weekend. HUGS ALL

Hi Z-team, how are you doing today? I am not feeling super. Outside in front of my house, across a field of grass, they are building a new railway station. This weekend the trains don’t ride and they are working on it, which gives a lot of noise, among other things, they are drilling, drilling, drilling...  I am not really lucky with all that noise around my house. But I went swimming, that was nice, and I listened to a very nice podcast about a very old violin from Venice, Italy. I played alto sax in my saxmute. Now I listening to another podcast about trumpet player Chet Baker. I do my best to go through this taper with good distractions. And there’s a lot interesting things to find for that. Not only tv or playing games. I have no girlfriend or kids or a job. So that gives me a lot of extra time. I think I ll do my next taper step on tuesday night.  :smitten: Jerry

P.s. I hope you don’t mind that I don t mix in with the discussions in the threat...

Hi Jerry!!

Did you see that movie about the violin, I loved it, it's quite old.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Violin

I, too, have construction going on across the street. Some days they aren't there, other days it's annoying!! Drilling is AnnoYing!! lol

Super cool you played your sax.

Good distractions, yes, keep telling us what yours are.

Always happy to see your posts.

Kachina

The comment that we become sensitive to things that never bothered us before- I can no longer wear any deodorant!  :sick: I made baking soda/coconut oil deodorant and it even irritated me. So it's corn starch baby powder. Sheesh! And I do that thing where I have a wave and I'm sure it's because I cheated with sugar. The next time, no problem. I agree... the waves come regardless. Why why why? Who knows? When I was in the middle of my taper I could have a little alcohol but once I was finished it seems to be a real issue. Go figure....  :idiot:

I became sensitive to my deodorant too at the start of my 5th month. I switched to dove natural with cucumber. It has no aluminum or other crap. So far it's working well for me. It may work for you too.

Deanna, I, too, really wonder how my life would have been without ambien and how I could truly not imagine that it has been causing so many mysterious symptoms. Yes, the crowd aversion is only since ambien and since the last years. I also cannot take car rides very far without being exhausted and overstimulated and sometimes having a pain flare up. Perhaps, though, I need to do some pushing for getting out on car drives, please talk to us more about this!!!:

pushed myself at times and while it may temporarily bump up my symptoms I think in the long run it pushes us forward.  Neuroplasticity in action! We must train the brain to feel safe in doing things we know ARE SAFE.  Our cognitive brain needs to teach our primitive amygdala who the boss really is around here!!!

Shayna, clean apartment, don't you love that?! Water Park!!!! Oh joy, hope it went well.

I'm feeling very grateful for sleep and resting in the day...happy my husband is home for the weekend. HUGS ALL

Kachina I'm going to be very honest with you about Ambien. Not only do I wonder what my life would be like but I also feel robbed & so angry for what it's done to me. I feel like I had a billion dollar lottery ticket and lost it! Now I'm fighting to find it again. All of us deserve to have a normal life in respect to no one with a medical degree had the right to rob us of that! I can either lie here and cry about it or fight. I chose to fight for my life back. I truly believe it's worth it.

Currently watching Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix. But mostly I'm watching YouTube movies. They have some really great movies!

The comment that we become sensitive to things that never bothered us before- I can no longer wear any deodorant!  :sick: I made baking soda/coconut oil deodorant and it even irritated me. So it's corn starch baby powder. Sheesh! And I do that thing where I have a wave and I'm sure it's because I cheated with sugar. The next time, no problem. I agree... the waves come regardless. Why why why? Who knows? When I was in the middle of my taper I could have a little alcohol but once I was finished it seems to be a real issue. Go figure....  :idiot:

I became sensitive to my deodorant too at the start of my 5th month. I switched to dove natural with cucumber. It has no aluminum or other crap. So far it's working well for me. It may work for you too.

I’ve noticed the last 2 weeks my arm pits are really itchy! I wondered what it was! Maybe this is happening to me too?!?

Kachina I'm going to be very honest with you about Ambien. Not only do I wonder what my life would be like but I also feel robbed & so angry for what it's done to me. I feel like I had a billion dollar lottery ticket and lost it! Now I'm fighting to find it again. All of us deserve to have a normal life in respect to no one with a medical degree had the right to rob us of that! I can either lie here and cry about it or fight. I chose to fight for my life back. I truly believe it's worth it.

Currently watching Haunting of Bly Manor on Netflix. But mostly I'm watching YouTube movies. They have some really great movies!

Hubby and I just started watching bly manor last night too! So far but slow but sure it will get better. Sunday here so that means new episodes of the Spanish princess and the undoing woohoo

Ohhhh No!! Don't think I could watch that show, Bly Manor, had to stop the preview! Will check out youtube movies.

At least the tragedy of the medicine happened to US not someone we love ... we can suffer and deal. I feel a lot of grief about taking it. I'm much farther out than some of you and don't know what lays ahead.

Thank you team, hope you're staying warm, or enjoying Summer Shayna, and hope you're sleeping friends.

Time for my unwinding before bed. Pushed in a walk at the last minute tonight, coooold day. OXXO

Oh Deanna, I am so sorry! It's a list that I guess has been scientifically determined but like so many have said, we all are individuals and what helps one might upset the apple cart for someone else. I had no issues with LDN, CBD oil and morphine. All are listed. I would definitely be extremely careful and educated about antibiotics- that is such a HUGE issue for people on or in wd from benzos. But other than that I think the list would be helpful as far as knowing that if a wave or different sxs happen after adding something new it could be the reason. When I first joined BB I felt the panic of everything from eating the wrong food to taking something that would be a set back. And then I had an infection that my mom had died from in Feb (possibly covid but too early to test) and I got on an AB that I then found out could be a real problem in benzo wd and I freaked out completely. It wasn't the really bad one but on a list somewhere as a no-no. I got the Dr to change it but had taken it for 2 days and was OK. Sooooo.... who knows? I am so sorry to cause you anxiety!

Oh Success it is not your fault! I have health anxiety and I know to stay away from googling things that make me crazy, but I absolutely need to know this stuff, so I just have to process it.  I'm alright, but I am going to make a list of meds and keep in in my bag or something.  I really worry about if I got in an accident and I'm sent to the hospital and they just start pumping things into me - but this is very far fetched.  I need to stop worrying about things I can't control  :-*

Hi Kachina,  Before I knew what was happening to me was due to the Ambien, I searched for a way to deal with my chronic pain and found the self-help CBT app called Curable.  On there is a treasure trove of recent  neuroscience research and education of pain perception in the brain.  Many times people who suffer trauma or abuse develop subconscious pain syndromes (i.e. fibromylagia, migraines, etc) which are caused by a change in the amygdala (fear center) of the brain.  The amygdala becomes conditioned to send pain signals to alert the person a "danger" when there really isn't any danger, and these neural pathways become established. If one becomes anxious about the pain, as I did, the anxiety prompts the brain to create more pain.  A vicious cycle. 

The amygdala is a part of the primitive section of the brain, not as evolved as our prefrontal cortex which is our thinking part.  Our amygdala acts without cognitive thought because in ancient times we had too run from a tiger faster than we could have thought about it, hence saving our lives.  So we have to retrain our overactive amygdala from acting up.  NOT EASY! Curable educates us to learn to how to not be fearful of the pain and break the cycle,  But it takes a LOT of work, patience, and time (sound familiar?).  It actually helped me reduce my catastophizing about the pain, and reduced my pain perception. 

I started reading all sorts of books as I was fascinated by all this.  The best one by far is a book by Norman Droidge, called "the Brain that changes itself"...the tenet is "neurons that fire together wire together" so if we start associating fear with some activity the brain will find a way to keep us from doing that activity to keep us safe.  We have to override that damn system in our primitive brain.  I am convinced that with enough time and dedication we can all get to where we want to be!

I didn't know YouTube had movies!  Gonna have to check that out!

My sister-in-law told me Friday night that we have missed so much because of my "condition"...I told her I can't look back.  If I do I'll fall into a well of despair.  I really have no one to blame but myself because I'm the one who kept refilling the script and taking the Ambien.  I could have gotten off it sooner.  But in all honesty I was lazy because sleeping was hard and the pills made it easy.  I must move forward.

Ha Team Z, today is not a good day for me, I feel drowsy and depressed. I think my night was ok, so I guess it is taper related.  :crazy: Jerry

Luckily the evening is better, I am ironing 4 of my blouses...and running my dishwasher too...

Hugs for all Team Z members! Hope you're having better days and peaceful sleeping nights.

Yes Deanna YouTube has all sorts of free movies. Hallmark ones, Lifetime, Comedy, animated, etc. ALL FREE to watch. Here's some suggestions on there that's not too sensitive: the boat builder, magic of bell isle, the lost valentine, weekend with the family, a house divided, my Louisiana sky, Lila and Eve

Hello Team Z,

Jerry, I like how your energy came back in the evening, hope today is a better day. It's amazing how those moods can come out of nowhere, so not fun when we get surprised by them. I get paralyzed sometimes...the rest of the time I try to balance activity with rest and try to get it just right.

Deanna, Thanks!!! I really enjoyed what you wrote and I identify with the search you were on before you realized it was the ambien. I see the curables app is discounted right now for $4 a month, so am thinking of joining it. Yes, I've been able to clearly see that autonomic reaction to stress resulting in symptoms--my fight or flight brain freaking out or just looking for something to latch on to, sadly, it's so used to it. Peaceful cleaned up home, no clutter, peaceful days balancing my time ... and disengaging from strong feelings of being upset about things. I can get so riled up over nothing, but grateful to see that and see I have a choice to ride it out quietly inside and not act on it.

Lady, thanks for the movie suggestions!

Tapered down another 0.50mg last night ... woke up at 4:30 after 6 hours of sleep ... stretched ... and now here checking in. Life is a bit exciting this week so I hope that doesn't interfere with my sleep.

How you all doing?

Team Z I wanted to share some great news. I prayed to ask God to help me get out of this bed. He put in my mind to look into chair exercises for seniors or disabled people. I found them on YouTube. They're so fun and easy! I'm so happy that I was able to do these with very little problem afterwards. I'm crying happy! It's chair yoga with fun songs. Here's the link if any of you want to try them. I hope all of you are having a good day and sleeping well. Congrats Kachina on your reduction. You're a warrior!  Jerry, keep pressing on and I'm sending you a big smile. It will get better. Deanna hope you're feeling better and staying your course. Big hugs to you! Shay I'm hoping you slept so well that you slobbered your pillow.

Here's to windows for us all  :thumbsup:

https://youtu.be/HEhfEyAgPv0

Hi Jerry!!

Did you see that movie about the violin, I loved it, it's quite old.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Red_Violin

I, too, have construction going on across the street. Some days they aren't there, other days it's annoying!! Drilling is AnnoYing!! lol

Kachina

Ha Kachina,

Thank you for your kind message. No, I don’t know that movie. I know a movie called The red balloon, also very nice. Today was another toughy. Especially the morning till noon was tough. I went swimming at 12 O clock. Later I had a whatsapp saxophone lesson. It is nice to see how my teacher is able to make an interesting lesson of it. We mainly played etudes today.

Jerry

Hi Jerry!!

Kachina

Ha Kachina,

Thank you for your kind message. No, I don’t know that movie. I know a movie called The red balloon, also very nice. Today was another toughy. Especially the morning till noon was tough. I went swimming at 12 O clock. Later I had a whatsapp saxophone lesson. It is nice to see how my teacher is able to make an interesting lesson of it. We mainly played etudes today.

Jerry

This reminds me of a wonderful movie starring robin Williams called August Rush. Jerry I think you'd like it.

I also have what's known around here as " morning dread". It takes a couple of hours to wear off. In my case it sort of feels like the flu with loud ear ringing. Sometimes a jittery feeling comes along with it. I just get up to walk slowly for a bit, drink some fluids and lay down watching tv until it passes. Every now and then I fall back to sleep.

What helps it the most is to walk around for a few minutes after drinking water. I think we dehydrate a bit at night. Because we're recovering, our bodies can't handle being dehydrated even a little.

Yes I get morning dread too. Lady ur right it’s dehydration but it’s also low sugar. If we try to keep or sugar levels stable it can help. The advice is to eat a snack like whole grain crackers with cheese or an apple with nut butter before bed. I eat an almond milk magnum  :-X but I weighed myself yesterday and no more magnums for me. 2 years ago I scared people with my appearance I looked terminally ill. Last year I was still extremely thin so I thought we’ll I need to gain some weight. Well.... I’m not 8kgs over my normal weight  :D so it’s time to rein it in again.

I have been doing a little better lately. I won’t go into it too much coz I don’t want to jinx it. I am coming up to my 8th day of dlmt and so far it’s okay. I’m thinking I would have felt something by now if it was going to bite me in the bum so I am going to do my next step tomorrow maybe taking 10% out. Today also marks 2 months off zopiclone  :thumbsup:

So to celebrate I went and got a haircut and pedicure  :)

I hate spending money on myself but I think I needed a treat. It was so nice x

Lady it’s ur 5 1/2 month anniversary today too huh? Woohoo!

Jerry u are doing great and soon u will be counting ur months off too!

Hi guys, I totally get the morning uneasiness too.  I wake up fine, but then out of nowhere the "anxiety" builds with no psychological basis.  All physiological.  I guess it's the cortisol, and LadyDen/Shayna you are so right it's low blood sugar and dehydration.  This morning I drank 12oz water before my coffee and I think it helped.  On a separate note I just received my earthing pad today, and am very excited to try it tonight while I sleep!

Jerry, I'm glad you are getting some relief later in the day! That is a familiar pattern from what I've read. It is comforting to know we all have similar patterns and that WE HEAL!

Kachina, way to go with your taper! Every step is one day closer to the end of our journey!

LadyDen I am so happy you have discovered a way to move forward with exercise while working within your comfort level.  It is a great step forward!  Let us know how it goes!

Thx Shay & Deanna. As soon as I wake up I drink Sprite and drink water. I sip a little sprite throughout the day because withdrawal drops your blood sugar for no apparent reason. I've had this happen before my taper and during my recovery. I'm NOT a diabetic.

Well looks like all of us have morning dread. Jerry you're not alone unfortunately on this one.

Shay I'm so proud of you! You kicked zoplicone's butt! Look out Valium you're next on her list.

I think whatever amount you're decreasing, Shay, you should stay with it. I recall Dr Ashton saying to use your symptoms as a guide. Since you're tolerating it well, IMO if it's not broke don't fix it comes to mind. But it's your body, your choice. I just would be heartbroken to see you back to suffering like before. Please keep us informed.

Deanna I'm interested to know how the earthing pad works out for you. I'm hoping it is a miracle for you. Was it expensive?

Thx Shay & Deanna. As soon as I wake up I drink Sprite and drink water. I sip a little sprite throughout the day because withdrawal drops your blood sugar for no apparent reason. I've had this happen before my taper and during my recovery. I'm NOT a diabetic.

Well looks like all of us have morning dread. Jerry you're not alone unfortunately on this one.

Shay I'm so proud of you! You kicked zoplicone's butt! Look out Valium you're next on her list.

I think whatever amount you're decreasing, Shay, you should stay with it. I recall Dr Ashton saying to use your symptoms as a guide. Since you're tolerating it well, IMO if it's not broke don't fix it comes to mind. But it's your body, your choice. I just would be heartbroken to see you back to suffering like before. Please keep us informed.

Deanna I'm interested to know how the earthing pad works out for you. I'm hoping it is a miracle for you. Was it expensive?

Sorry lady I’m not sure what u mean by if it’s not broke don’t fix it? I am planning to reduce dlmt by 10% soon, is that what u mean? Hmmm I could hold longer I guess but I’ve been on 1.5mg hold for a month now so was thinking of keeping it moving. Maybe I should just do 5%?