Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

I really have tough days, feel very depressed, because of a different strip/pills I got from the medicine Clozapine I use daily. The brand is still the same but not the pills, weird isn’t it? I have the idea that the pills are made in a different factory. Perhaps the pills have a different release time than my original pills... I will try to stay strong... even though it is hard...no zopiclone taper for me now...

Yes I agree. Keep trying what I shared with you.

I think I'd heal quicker too if I could go walking.

Isn't that funny?

I will lady x I’ll keep putting in the work. Crazy how different we all are. I’m really nauseated today and have tingling on my face. Fun times

I really have tough days, feel very depressed, because of a different strip/pills I got from the medicine Clozapine I use daily. The brand is still the same but not the pills, weird isn’t it? I have the idea that the pills are made in a different factory. Perhaps the pills have a different release time than my original pills... I will try to stay strong... even though it is hard...no zopiclone taper for me now...

Jerry u are very brave x hang in their lets get each other through this. I think sometimes different brands have different formulas I’ve read that a lot. When I was on temaze the normison or temtabs brands worked better than the original for me. How’s the sax and the swimming going x

Yes I have tingling numb ears as if they're asleep. Very weird. Peppermint helps with nausea

Once I eat and get out into the sun I feel better usually. It’s sitting in the darkness on my own that really hurts

Me too. It definitely lets us know how sick we are. Some buddies say it doesn't bother them to be out in the sun as long as it's not too much. Others are like me very sensitive to it. These are some crazy terrible withdrawals

Hi Team Z would like to hear ur story about crossing to Valium to get off zs.... considering this seriously  now. So will be 1.5mg Val plus equivalent of 1.87 zop (1.25 Val) total of 2.75mg Valium. Thanks team

Hi Team Z would like to hear ur story about crossing to Valium to get off zs.... considering this seriously  now. So will be 1.5mg Val plus equivalent of 1.87 zop (1.25 Val) total of 2.75mg Valium. Thanks team

Are you currently on Valium?

Sorry wannabe I can see u have replied to me before. So sorry I forget who’s said what my memory isn’t good I’m afraid x

No prob.  So are you asking to taper off the z drug and then the valium?

I’ve been thinking about swapping from 1.87 zop to 1.5mg Valium, so would be then taking a total of 3mg Val. I’ve had some great advice from people on the forum  that I appreciate so much x l Just got off the phone to reconnextion in Australia and they told me to stay on what I’m on, hold, then continue reducing by 5-10% per fortnight depending on symptoms. I’m just getting a lot more interdose wd feelings lately and am worried about Valium tolerance. I spoke with them about this and they said no it was just a snag keep going but slower. I don’t know what the right path is. I’ll just have to think carefully. So many buddies went well with co tho which makes me think that might be the right way

I think in your case, you're already taking Valium anyway so it would be a smoother transition because you're not being introduced a new drug. But the flip side of that is you would have more Valium to taper. It's your decision but you would be way worse without the Valium because Z drugs have short half lives. How much longer until you're done with zopiclone?

I don’t know. I can’t get stable. My sleep has deteriorated so much this week. I was going fine Until last Wednesday. Sometimes I just want to jump but I can’t do that, too many people in my care

When do you reduce zop again?

The insomnia has caught up to you. It's ok. That's to be expected. This will happen a few times. You will sleep good then boom!!!! Just go with it. Stay calm. You can't fall apart. You got this, slouth....I mean gorilla  :laugh:

Maybe you should get an insomnia plan. When you can't sleep, you will........?

Pick something you enjoy or chore that you need to take care of. Read a book ( makes most people sleepy). Play games online. I often use playok game forum or cardgames.io.

I don’t know. I keep saying when I’m stable but I can’t get stable. I am so exhausted but my brain just will not switch off. Was ur sleep this bad during wd last x

YES!!!! It was terrible at first until I started using the cbt-I

I noticed that when it got me to the point you're at, I needed to fight back because I started getting negative thoughts too often. This happens because your drug you're tapering doesn't want to let you go. They're designed to make you cave and take more. Very sad but true! These doctors and pharmacists know it! That's constant money coming in their pockets. But I told Ambien in to F**k off. It ruined my life but I'm taking it back. And you will too. Our brains know how to sleep when it's healthy. Right now, it's not there yet so keep getting rid of the zop. You're at the end. Has it been 2 weeks since you reduced?

Sometimes you are NOT going to stabilize especially at the end. I didn't stabilize until I finished. So I reduced anyway when it was time. Funny thing is, once I reduced, I stabilized! I had a good month afterwards. Then month 2 it hit me hard. This is month 3 and even harder but it's temporary.

Ha Shayna, why not go slower, take smaller steps? You have to accept that your brain has to adapt to each step, that it needs time to do this. Take a step, wait till you feel stabilized, that you have normal tolerance symptoms. And then do the next step. Buy a set of small files to file of small amounts of your pill. Breaking pills is much less precise.

Accept that this whole process takes time, give yourself that time. Don’t hurry!

I wish you luck! Jerry

Thanku jerry. I’ve never been stable at any dose since I hit tolerance that’s the problem. It’s always been very messy 2 hrs, zero, 4, 3, 4 zero. Sometimes it makes me think there’s something else wrong. But as most of us have done I’ve had every test under the sun. Thanku all for being there for me. I really need u all. Please keep me strong x

Yes jerry is right. You can always go slower. I used a nail file once I got to 2 mg. the pill is so tiny. I put 2 dots with a sharpie on the file. Then rubbed the tiny pill from dot to dot twice. After 2 weeks I rubbed the pill on the file 4 times...then 6 etc. I never stabilized but wasn't in complete torture. Keep going Shayna. Try a file. 3 weeks is long enough hold

Ok. I’m so afraid. I’m so scared I’m never going to come thru this. I am so tired my gosh I have to get kids school lunches sorted now. I can do this