Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

[Wo...]

Yes it is great that they healed. It means hope for us! I also get goosebumps. At first it was often but now it's mostly at night. It seems most of my symptoms gravitate towards bedtime. I wonder why? Although very boaty and much head pressure. I walked outside for 5 mins to get fresh air. Felt greatttttt! It's chilly today. Hurricane brought the cool air with it. I love the fall. I'm hoping I feel stable enough to decorate my porch with my daughter next week. I have grocery delivery to my door so I need to add some pumpkins to the list.

I that’s so good you got outside xx it would have been so good for you. I love autumn too. I love how u call it fall. My kids love Halloween we go big in our house. It’s starting to catch on if day last 5 years here, I’ve always done it since I had kids, but some people are strange about it here, “it’s an American holiday” who cares I say, it’s fun! I’m thinking of dressing up as joe exotic this year  :laugh:

Yes it's fun! Last year because I was sick I dressed as a sleepyhead with my pajamas robe & face ask with messy hair.  :laugh: funny thing is, one of my neighbors kids was dressed the same except she had unicorn slippers. The year before that I was cleopatra. This year....depends on if I'm out of this bed. Maybe Pocahontas.

Joe exotic is hilarious idea!!! I'm curious how we will trick or treat in this pandemic. Normally we parents sit on our porches to hand out treats

That’s funny x I went as an avocado last year. Things will be normal here for us. No new cases in qld. It’s not every house in aus every other house so there’s already distancing in place. Would love to come to us for Halloween, Xmas, nye, and 4th of July. U guys go all out.

Yes we have a blast!!!! Our holidays are so fun. I decorate my porch every holiday. We have awesome parades too. Do you guys watch them on tv? In Louisiana we have Mardi Gras month. Huge parade and party for 2 days. Most beautiful & elaborate costumes and floats you will ever see

I’d love to go there for Mardi gras. We sometimes get Macy Xmas parade some years but not very often. We are getting better at celebrating in oz, but I’ve always been big about holidays. Except Valentine’s Day maybe a card and chocolates but that’s it

Yes Valentine's Day is our least fun holiday. It's because of it mainly being for couples. I decorate my porch for it anyway. Someone on here said the caffeine in chocolate gave them a bad wave. I haven't tried any yet. I can't drink coffee either. I tried decaf but felt weird 30 minutes later. I miss drinking coffee & my jasmine tea

JWL you're correct but I was speaking in terms of caffeine consumption & certain kinds of tea. Some act negatively on our down regulated gaba receptors. For example: chamomile, kava, passionflower, lemon balm just to name a few. Dr Ashton advised to stay clear of these plus a few other substances like scull cap, valerian, saffron, absinthe, magnesium, oregano. Ashwaganda,quinine,penicillin, fluoroquin antibiotics, phenobut, LDN (low dose), lidocaine & even marijuana.

Some people consume some of these anyway but I'm not going to risk it. I'm in enough distress.

What kind of tea do you drink?

I drink just normal English breakfast. That’s interesting about black tea jwl. Maybe I will switch. Have u tried l-theanine Supplements ? I drink magnesium and have magnesium baths. I also had a cider yesterday. I think I’m breaking lots of rules. My gosh lady that list is huge. I got to a point where I just said, I need to live. And I had a scotch. It made no difference that I could tell. But it’s not a daily or ever weekly thing.

I just drink regular Lipton black tea but Den is right you have to weigh the caffeine factor. L-Theanine is in my multi but when I was is bad shape, I was taking 200-300 mgs. There's the girl who had a severe reaction to MSG who started taking it and it helped her pull out of it.

I drink +/- 4 cups of cafe au lait daily and one decafe in the evening, I don’t have the idea that it is a problem or that it gives me more tension. It could be my body has gotten used to it.

Yes I can’t drink coffee. Makes me jittery. But there u go jerry drinks it and is ok. We’re all so different. So strange. Been thinking about l-Theanine. Read 250mg helps sleep

Lightspacer you're probably right & just plain lucky that it doesn't bother you. Glad to see you here by the way

JwL I'm too sensitive to take anything right now. But yes I've heard L theanin is good stuff. Tart cherry juice is good for sleeping. I've seen thousands of reviews saying it works great.

Shay, you might want to watch the alcohol for a bit. Just one could have lasting waves. Especially since your about to jump soon. But it's your choice. I'm just concerned since it acts on gaga receptors same as benzo. That's why people get whoozy, sleepy, dizzy, off balanced, depressed,anxiety etc when drinking. Be careful

OMG, when I found BB I was (am) so glad to find people who have had similar issues.  Then someone saw in my intro I was not only taking Klonopin, but Ambien, as well.  It was suggested I look at the Z-Drug Support Group, as well.  My desire to do a taper from Klonopin, now finds that Ambien is part of my drug mix issue.

Well, I must tell you I'm confused and really SCARED to death !

You see in my signature, below, I start my Klonopin taper, when my Scale arrives in about 5 days. 

I thought I'd decrease the Ambien from 10mg to 7.5\day, and hold there as I decrease the Klonopin (10% every 2-3 weeks).

But now, I'm REALLY concerned and confused.  OK, I'm ready for everyone's thoughts, understanding, everyone's different.  Does staying on the Ambien while on Klonopin taper make sense?  Taper both at the same time?  How do I know what is working, what is not, what I'm feeling WD symptoms from, on and on and on.

I have a psychiatrist who is great, but I'm not sure I want to bring them into this process, as their last weaning plan, found me in the ER and they think staying on the meds, as I am currently, is probably, OK.

I thank you for ideas, thoughts and prayers.  I promise to just listen, that there may need to be some experimental periods, but information helps plot the course.

Hello, trying to learn here, will look at success stories next. I can't tell how this "group" works other than replying to a post ... so hope this is a good way to reach out.

Anyone else like me, on ambien for years, I have fibro pain and blood sugar problems when I don't sleep  well or enough, especially a couple of days in a row. Trying to reduce ambien and at the same time having so much anxiety this Summer with trauma around me that the normal 10mg isn't working AND I want to get off.

Consulting with doc tomorrow and AFRAID.  :-[

Do you have suggestions? I know he will, but have you tapered off A using something else that helped you sleep still ... THANKS

OMG, when I found BB I was (am) so glad to find people who have had similar issues.  Then someone saw in my intro I was not only taking Klonopin, but Ambien, as well.  It was suggested I look at the Z-Drug Support Group, as well.  My desire to do a taper from Klonopin, now finds that Ambien is part of my drug mix issue.

You see in my signature, below, I start my Klonopin taper, when my Scale arrives in about 5 days. 

I thought I'd decrease the Ambien from 10mg to 7.5\day, and hold there as I decrease the Klonopin (10% every 2-3 weeks).

But now, I'm REALLY concerned and confused.  OK, I'm ready for everyone's thoughts, understanding, everyone's different.  Does staying on the Ambien while on Klonopin taper make sense?  Taper both at the same time?  How do I know what is working, what is not, what I'm feeling WD symptoms from, on and on and on.

I have a psychiatrist who is great, but I'm not sure I want to bring them into this process, as their last weaning plan, found me in the ER and they think staying on the meds, as I am currently, is probably, OK.

I thank you for ideas, thoughts and prayers.  I promise to just listen, that there may need to be some experimental periods, but information helps plot the course.

Hello there u are in the right place. Welcome, sorry to hear u are having problems but ur in good company.

In ur signature it says u have only been taking these meds since early September? Is that correct?

I don’t know much about Klonopin, big I would suggest taper Ambien first as it’s shorter acting. There will be other buddies jump in , but most on here are z druggers, Klonopin thread peeps will help u there. We will help u x lots of people have successfully withdrawn and u will too x

Shayna 78, thanks, I'll clarify my signature.  That was as of 9.20.2020.

I've been on the Klonopin and ambien for about 2 years now, (as of 9.20.2020)

Hi kachina, sounds like u have hit tolerance. Ur dr will likely up Ambien, or add in another benzo, either is not the answer. Read the Ashton manual, print a copy and take it with you, and say you want to reduce. Lots of z druggers here have tapered directly off Ambien. I am using Valium to reduce from zopiclone. Either way we will help you x

Shayna 78, thanks, I'll clarify my signature.  That was as of 9.20.2020.

I've been on the Klonopin and ambien for about 2 years now, (as of 9.20.2020)

Ok sorry my confusion xx Ambien first. Have u checked Klonopin thread? How many times a day are u dosing with k? Have u read Ashton manual? Sounds like u have if u plan to reduce 5-10% x