Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, not too smart on my part..

I feel strangely optimistic today in spite of it all, I will continue my current cutting tonight, after this cut Ill have just one cut to go, it will be SO weird knowing im on my last dose....

It is strange when you're at your last dose and also once you're off that last bit but there is a certain freedom that feels good and looking forward to healing.  I was so used to taking it everyday that he other night I thought it was times for me evening dose  :crazy:  my head was pretty messed up though.

Mrs, got a kick out of that story of you reading and drooling  :laugh:

well, I slept so-so, sleeps a bit messed up since the insomnia the other night...

but, when I woke up I got to wake up slow, which is unusually around here... stretched and layed there, and noticed how quiet and peaceful everything was, including myself...

brains quiet, chest was quiet..

ya'll, I actually took my pulse to see if my heart had just quit beating..

how silly/sick is that....

that woud be awesome! if thats what it was,,,,, makes sense because it was "different", and the supplements are the only thing "different" Ive done.... :thumbsup:

Hi! I am going to taper from 1 mg of xanax use daily since Sept/Oct. I only can get the white 2 MG bars (off the street) so it seems dry cutting won't work so I think i'll buy a .001 gram scale.

I feel so stupid asking this but:

Can someone hold my hand and tell me exactly what to do?

How much does my usage weigh on this scale?

Apparently I will be removing 0.125 mg every 10 days?

All this seems so difficult.

Anyways, thanks everyone and I hope I'm posting in the right place!

Hi! I am going to taper from 1 mg of xanax use daily since Sept/Oct. I only can get the white 2 MG bars (off the street) so it seems dry cutting won't work so I think i'll buy a .001 gram scale.

I feel so stupid asking this but:

Can someone hold my hand and tell me exactly what to do?

How much does my usage weigh on this scale?

Apparently I will be removing 0.125 mg every 10 days?

All this seems so difficult.

Anyways, thanks everyone and I hope I'm posting in the right place!

You're in the right place chimchim.  I'm not certain we have anyone who is using the gram scale method on the thread right now.  Mrsalw and hopefulgirl do the titration, not the gram scale. 

After you receive your scale we can help you if this is the method you land on.

OK, think back --- and this is very important.  Did you start using Xanax regularly in September or October? A month difference in your usage may make a huge difference in your dependency.

I would not reduce by .125mg if I had been using since Sept.  However, if I started using in late October, I might consider that sized reduction.  Please try to remember.

you might be better doing the titration...

theres a few threads on that in the taper sectin I think

I agree with Benzy that chimchim 'might' be better doing titration.  Except we have people here who are experts at Xanax titration.

Benzy, chimchim might be a short-term user.  Depending upon how long she's used Xanax, she might be able to do a bit of a quicker taper.  I'm waiting to hear back from chim on exactly how long the Xanax has been taken.  That might make a difference.

Okay… I went to the dentist in late July and he gave me 5 Valium because of dental work. This is what got me thinking about getting some from this friend. I got xanax instead.

I just can't remember when it was. Looking back at the calendar I'd say it was, at my best guess, early October. I have a bday in October and I don't THINK it was until right around there.

Hmmm…

Also, I think there was a few times I didn't have them. Like a day or three. I'd run out and my friend would get me some a day or so later.

So glad I found this place!

Oh… and heres something else. If this matters?

I was doing it .5 in the afternoon and then .5 in the evening. For the last week I have been doing it at 1 MG at night to sleep instead of splitting. I feel okay during the day so far. And when I take it it's because i'm afraid NOT to!

Not sure if that means anything but thought I'd better say.

Thanks again everyone!

chim, IF I had only been taking the Xanax for 6-8-weeks, I think I would try a .125mg reduction and see what happened.  Xanax cuts usually 'hit' me on day 4 or 5 after I made the cut.  In other words, I could not feel that I'd reduced my dose until the 4th or 5th day after I did the dose reduction.

If my symptoms were very uncomfortable, I'd know that I needed to cut smaller the next time.  Not every one has a difficult time discontinuing Xanax.  You've got some things going for you: 1.  Your relative short-term use, (if it's only been 6-8 weeks) and 2. The fact that you haven't dosed on some days and felt ok.

BUT --- like I said I didn't feel my cuts until the 4th or 5th day, so I'd do a .125mg cut and pray for the best.  I'm so sorry that you don't have a doctor.  Please --- once you get free of this junk, please, please don't experiment with benzos again.  They are extremely addictive.

I'd hold that .125mg cut for at least 14-days before I cut again.  I took my Xanax only 1X per day and I was fine.  Some people suffer interdose withdrawal, I was lucky that I didn't.   

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help!

Okay…I am going to see what happens and, like you said, pray for the best!

I will NEVER do this again! NEVER!

Juliea:

Rebel, please send me some ham hocks for New Years Day.  I need all of the good luck I can get.  :thumbsup:

Yep.  Ham hocks and black eyed peas for sure this new years day.

Benzy:

ya'll, I actually took my pulse to see if my heart had just quit beating..

how silly/sick is that....

Normal for me.  I take my temperature, blood pressure, and blood glucose frequently just to make sure I am still alive.

well, my quiet heart lasted until I drank that mug of coffee and sugar, now we're back to rocking and rolling...

Smoking a cigarette also I assume? LOL

my friends horse is fixing to ride in the NCHA futurity finals, $4 million dollar purse, Im nervous as s### and its not even my horse, Im not even there ... ???

of course, you cant drink coffee, or anything else for that matter, without a cigarette,..

Im so glad I found these American Spirit Organic cigarettes, they're good for you, right?

I still feel strangely "well" today, in spite of my heart rocking and rolling again...

I guess it'll probably end up being the mania/insomnia thing again :(

whatever works!

of course, you cant drink coffee, or anything else for that matter, without a cigarette,..

Im so glad I found these American Spirit Organic cigarettes, they're good for you, right?

You are so right and I love American Spirits.  Now if only I could have an Irish Coffee....

I still feel strangely "well" today, in spite of my heart rocking and rolling again...

I guess it'll probably end up being the mania/insomnia thing again :(

whatever works!

I feel strangely well today also.  Better than I have in days.  What's up with that?  It's only day two of my change in dosing.  Could it be helping that fast?  I will probably end up later in the I mania/insomnia thing again also.

my friends horse is fixing to ride in the NCHA futurity finals, $4 million dollar purse, Im nervous as s### and its not even my horse, Im not even there ... ???

oops, I jumped the gun, hes in the "semi-finals" today, if he scores high enough he'll be in the finals tomorrow, and I know he will....hes got a good chance to win..

I actually like Brendan's better and it is less expensive.  I have not had any alcohol in over a year.  Kicks off major depression for me.  Anyway, decaf is out too as there still is caffeine in it.  No caffeine, sugar, and nicotine for me.  Too stimulating for my screwed up neurotransmitters.  Well, yeah, I am smoking right now and drinking a 7UP.  :-[  Hey!  It's Friday!

I am so sick of water but what else can you drink if you can't have sugar, caffeine, artificial sweeteners, or anything acidic?

I just drink water, tea and coffee... mostly water...

I used to drink the recommended amount daily, was doing the "water cures2" deal...bought this super expensive Kangan water filter...

I haven't been doing that this year since starting tapering because they say it pushes your meds through ya too fast sometimes and I didnt want to cause my tapering to be erratic....

Ive drank some off and on through the taper, Ashton said 2 drinks a day is ok, but she didnt say how big a glass to use  >:D

it didnt affect me much, other than what you'd expect from having one too many, then next morning...but ya, it makes ya blahhhh, so I haven't been doing it, but every now and then I'll crave something, and Ive been craving the Irish Creme, and wanting to try the Rumchata..

funny thing is, I never drank it before, just recently.....