Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

Rebel. Your symptoms sound like xanax and  like others, I don't have experience with the anti b.

I was in tolerance and splitting the dose helped. I ended up taking 4x a day.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

nana, srry my brain aint workn,, yes I found the taurine, but Ive only taken it once, so I dunno how well it works or not...

itll take me awhile to get going on it..

well, I just tried and tried, put up with all the side effects it caused to rev, and FINALLY I was able to successfully add back coffee and sugar and lots of the side effects that come with them,,

wanna try some?  :idiot:

ps. I did start the Hawthorne sublingual and the magnesium oil, I can tell a good enough difference, I still have some palps but they feel very "settled"....

If I hadn't successfully reinstated the caffiene, sugar and nicotene I would probably be symptom free...

want a cup?

If I hadn't successfully reinstated the caffiene, sugar and nicotene I would probably be symptom free...

want a cup?

Yes, dammit I do and you are right that is is making your symptoms worse.  Obviously I don't do caffeine since "The Coke Incident" and had not had any for over a year until three weeks ago and what a disaster that triggered.  I used to be a four cup of coffee and three Pepsi a day person and I quit cold turkey after I crashed in to major depression last year.  Sugar, well, I don't like sweet things but on a low budget everything you buy is loaded with it.  What can you drink that does not have sugar in it anyway except water.  Nicotine?  Ha.  Not a chance in hell I would give that up right now.  Until three weeks ago I was smoking 3-4 cigarettes a day and now that I am hypomanic I'm already up to about a half a pack a day which is not helping my symptoms at all.

yes, not too smart on my part..

I feel strangely optimistic today in spite of it all, I will continue my current cutting tonight, after this cut Ill have just one cut to go, it will be SO weird knowing im on my last dose....

I think so. I do not like it. I am telling myself it will not last for ever, but I am having a hard time believing it.

Oh well. I am strong and can ride this wave out.. :-\.can't I?

Im sorry.

with all you went through already while you tapered and such, and all the good days and victories you've had, especialy going back out into the work force, then I would think this would pass pretty quick..

is there a cycle to it that you can tell? is it getting fewer and farther between?...

Ive read, Im sure you have to, that it continues awhie after jumping, but gets fewer and farther between each time til its gone for good....

OK, y'all want a funny story, at mrsalw's expense?!? Oh yeah. I thought so!

So I'm sitting at the switchboard yesterday at my job, filling in for my coworker's lunch break. I'm reading something sitting on the desk, when all of a sudden I hear a "plop". I look down at the bottom edge of the desk, and I see a little puddle of water sitting there. Then it dawned on me--that's right, I was drooling while reading!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny::wacko::socool:

Oh yes. This is how I roll. :):P

So I'm sitting at the switchboard yesterday at my job, filling in for my coworker's lunch break. I'm reading something sitting on the desk, when all of a sudden I hear a "plop". I look down at the bottom edge of the desk, and I see a little puddle of water sitting there. Then it dawned on me--that's right, I was drooling while reading!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny::wacko::socool:

LOL....that is to funny.  What the heck were you reading?  Work related or something juicy?  What's your address...I'm gonna send you a bib :thumbsup:

In the infamous words of my dad "What's a matter with you slobber lips".  He used to say that to my girls all the time :laugh:

Thanks for sharing!

FB

well, I just tried and tried, put up with all the side effects it caused to rev, and FINALLY I was able to successfully add back coffee and sugar and lots of the side effects that come with them,,

wanna try some?  :idiot:

ps. I did start the Hawthorne sublingual and the magnesium oil, I can tell a good enough difference, I still have some palps but they feel very "settled"....

want a cup?

I've never been able to drink coffee.  It rev's me up so bad...plus it upsets my stomach; however, I have developed a liking for Coke a Cola (thought I better clarify).

I have noticed when I take my med's I will get a craving for a soda.  I like Dr. Pepper too. I try to resist, but usually give in and it makes me feel very jittery. :D  Don't like it, but I do it anyway...go figure.

FB

:2funny: :2funny: Thanks for sharing. The good laugh made my GABA glow!

Blue :smitten:

Hi friends :)

Just wanted to let y'all know, I'm a little absent and not keeping up with the posts very well because the computer screen and my eyes are at odds a bit :P  I do care about ya, and think of you often, and will reply here and there, but for now if ya need me send me a PM or something.  My apologies, and I'm sure I'll be back around and more active in no time!

Have a window of a day :smitten:

And NO Denise, no chip 'n dales books or anything...come to think of it, I think it was a work-related read!  I just didn't shut my mouth all the way and didn't realize it :P:-X:laugh:  No good reason other than that!!

Well well well, more sleet and rain.... I guess I can handle every other day as long as the suns out the other days,,,,

Doin ok here, how's errrrrrrbody else.... 8)

I'm hanging in there on the second day of switching my Xanax from SID to TID.  Will give it a week to see if it helps and then reevaluate.

Nice weather today and for the weekend but by the end of next week we are back in the single digits.

Cooking up some ham hocks and beans in the crock pot

Doing some more research to decide if I want to start cutting the fluoxetine or the trazodone first before I am in full blown mania.

That is about it unless something more exciting comes up.