Important Survey - Please Participate ×

XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

my old faithful friend Withdrawals just stopped by to pay a visit, a little over whelming feeling, a little anxiety, rapid heart rate, etc... took my metoprolol a little early and that knock it out pretty good..

using a beta blocker during all this  seems to make a big difference...

when I taper the beta blocker is whats gonna be really tricky, as thats what directly helps regulate a steady heart beat, hopefully by then Ill be on full doses of my herbs and supplements again, they worked in the  past for me, so Ill have a safety net in place....

to be drug free again! I swore Id never end up like this.......

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a wild hair so I picked up a 5th of Baileys Irish Creme last night and knocked it out..

I think it kicked up my side effects cause it made me walk kinda drunk again... :D

not really, its real low ABV like wine..

I did have a slight headache this morning, I think its more due to me being highly allergic to dairy products, I dunno why I was craving that, Ive never drank it before, it was DELISHES tho.....

Im farther into my cut, tonight will be a full cut!

ONE MORE TO GO!

Benzy

Alcohol and Benzo tapering do not go well together for many people. You might want to reconsider that full cut tonight. Find out how you feel in the next 2-3 days first. Just a suggestion. I do not drink alcohol, so I have no personal experience to offer, but instead, just what I have read.

Blue :smitten:

PS I have read that drinking can be a replacement for the Benzos your body is craving.

I think so. I do not like it. I am telling myself it will not last for ever, but I am having a hard time believing it.

Oh well. I am strong and can ride this wave out.. :-\.can't I?

How are you feeling blue? I hope the wave is over  :)

ya, I can drink, Ashton says 2 drinks a day is ok herself, so....

I dont really reccommend though..

Im doing coffee and sugar now too, dont recommend that either...

nicotene too,,, dont do that either....

Im doing all the stupid things one can do to make it all worse......

I think so. I do not like it. I am telling myself it will not last for ever, but I am having a hard time believing it.

Oh well. I am strong and can ride this wave out.. :-\.can't I?

How are you feeling blue? I hope the wave is over  :)

I am okay. Keeping busy and doing daily exercises helps get me back to feeling better. Thank you for asking Iwant2befree

I am taking Bailey dog out for his evening walk. I will see you all a bit later.

Blue :smitten:

I had a few bobbles today, I guess getting drunk in the middle of a cut isnt the smartest thing to do, and choosing a dairy based liqueure that Im highly allergic to was even dumber, how much dumber can I get? maybe go riding around a get a DUI while Im withdrawing, that would be fun....

again, I was able to ward off the anxiety with the beta blocker.... all is well now, at the moment...

I'll do another semi-cut tonight, then a full .0625 tomorrow....I feel good enough to do that...

Just wanted to CHIM (chime) in : )

I haven't had any Xanax since Friday night and so far, feel… fine.

So, I am waiting to see what happens. Hoping I am out of the woods. I just decided to listen to my body and if I started having problems, then jump back on the Xanax and take it from there.

Had gigantic party Saturday. 15 family members and it lasted for 5 hours. No issues.

Went shopping yesterday for Christmas. No issues.

Grocery shopping as well with no problems so… what do you all think?

Hmmm...

Just wanted to CHIM (chime) in : )

I haven't had any Xanax since Friday night and so far, feel… fine.

So, I am waiting to see what happens. Hoping I am out of the woods. I just decided to listen to my body and if I started having problems, then jump back on the Xanax and take it from there.

Had gigantic party Saturday. 15 family members and it lasted for 5 hours. No issues.

Went shopping yesterday for Christmas. No issues.

Grocery shopping as well with no problems so… what do you all think?

Hmmm...

Chim, it's going to be difficult for people to give you any support because you don't have a signature.  Here's how to create a signature:  Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

As far as you basically cold turkeying 1mg of Xanax used daily for 6-8-weeks --- I've heard that some people can do this and not have problems.  You may be one of the lucky ones.  I'm not one to push my luck so I would have opted to taper. 

Just to give you the guidelines --- after stopping taking benzos, there is a generally accepted 14-day 'window' of time that a reinstatement 'may' work if withdrawal symptoms are unmanageable.  When reinstating after the 14-day window, it's basically a crap shoot.  Some buddes are able to get relief and some find themselves in a worse situation.

Oops! Sorry!

Did it work?

BTW, I've also been drinking Red Bulls and then I read "no caffeine". lol.

I don't know…maybe I'll be okay. I sure hope so. We'll find out soon enough I guess!

Thanks everyone!

Chims

Well, I was told on another thread to come here to post, to find out that I cant start a new post? My brain is so screwed up and I'm so confused.

Am I at the right spot for support here? Before I divulge any more personal info about anything I need to know this... :-\

Thanks , PepsiMoon

Thank You Chim!! Glad I found the right spot. :) I've been on Benzos since around 2003 mainly Clonazepam. I was on 1 MG of Xanax "as needed" for a few years

and did just that. I only took the Xanny if I really really needed it.I started what I now realize was benzo tolerance withdrawal, started taking the 1MG Xanny every morning about a year and a half ago. Started having really weird problems soon after, like really bad dizzy spells, roller-coaster feelings ( YES, like I was on a freaking roller-coaster!) Heart palps, nausea, just a whole gamut of panic and anxiety. I see where I am now,(tolerance withdrawal) and need to get off these benzo's as quickly and slowly taper if possible. The trouble is:

I'm married to a retired RN who has a lot of issues herself. PTSD, Panic, and anxiety, they found two brain lesions and she now has seizures.(She's a Desert Storm Vet) She was "ok" with me doing a slow titration, then changed her mind about it because she needs all of me there in case she has a seizure, so I'm going to have to do my slow titration in secret. She thinks I can just increase my dosage and I'll be fine. I think not! Anyway, I want to attack the Xanny first. Before she 'Changed Her Mind'

we ordered a 100 ML graduation tube and we have a wooden pestle bowl thingy to crush my xanny. What I need to know is what kind of cuts I can make to my 1 mg

of X as to not experience any severe withdrawals. I pray for all of those who are going through this.            Thanks , PepsiMoon

As you can see by my sig Pepsimoon that i'm a pretty short time user who decided to jump CT last week.

So far so good!

Looks like I MIGHT have dodged a bullet so… we shall see.

There's a TON of folks here who can help you out. That's for sure!

Good luck to you Pepsimoon!

woke up this morning with weird heart palps/sensations, layed there forever suffering (almost through my cut)....finally couldnt take it no more and got up,,burped really long and loud after a few steps...problem solved  :crazy:

Chim, just be careful, you're like right on the line and could go either way, Im sure youve read that some can take .25 for 2 weeks and develop all kinds of problems, then some can take your dose scheduele and stop with none.....

A rehab staff member I know said shes seen people that do a rapid detox have seizures 2 and 4 weeks out....

if you're going to do it this way then its just gonna be a wait and see thing... the 4,5, and 6th days will probably let you know how its gonna go....

hopefully you'll do ok

thats great to here MoveForward, I was wondering how you were doing...

PepsiMoon, what do you mean by "you found you couldn't post here?"....

are you looking for a place to post, or were you wanting to start your own thread?

you can certainly post wherever you want, this is the Xanax support thread of course, if you want to start a thread of your own you do that from the main page of each section, you'll see a tab at the top of each section page "start new topic",,, I think is what it says...