XANAX Support Blog: If you're tapering Xanax/alprazolam, join in the discussion!

[mr...]

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [mr...]

• [Ra...]

• [VC...]

Top Posters In This Topic

[cd...]

I am pretty quiet with all of these types of things but I do feel like I just want to say that I think what you posted is perfectly fine and needed. Part of providing support is cheering others up! I for one am going to keep posting things like that to cheer others up. Even when a comment of support is not directed at me, I benefit from being part of a supportive community. I think there does need to be a balance between providing support and excessive banter and chit chat...all of which are important and needed but maybe better managed on a buddie blog. Sending someone a supportive message is needed from my perspective so is having fun and providing some laughter and encouragement! I'd love for you to continue to post this type of post  :)

Love,

Hopeful Girl

Fan I agree with hopeful 100% on this !!!

Good morning, all.

My apologies for not posting sooner; I am currently at work and was unable to do so until now.

I also wish to apologize about any confusion I may have presented, with my role in regards to this new thread.  I do not actually have any sort of authority involving the topic(s) of conversation on this thread, etc. :)  This is all actually monitored by the administration team.  When I discovered that our previous Xanax thread was going to be closing soon, and saw that most of the other groups (Klonopin, Diazepam, Ativan, etc) had already moved or recreated their threads into this section where they belonged, it was suggested that the Xanax group perhaps look to do the same thing.  This is where the new thread was born :)  I just happened to be the "buddie" who created it ;)

I remember it wasn't too long ago that I maybe had some questions regarding the nature of posts, or perhaps the frequency of posts, from other buddies.  A simple PM to one of the admins would be the proper way to handle such questions and/or concerns.  As far as I know, outside of the normal expectations of conduct on this forum (such as no profanity, no religious content, etc), there are no rules regarding the particular commentary or topics of conversation on the threads.  I could be wrong about this, however, and please feel free to correct me as needed :)  If there is an issue or a desire to dissassociate with another buddie, it might be best to "block" them -- I believe there is a way to do this, but I have never done so myself.  Or, you could also perhaps do with them what you would do with your family or friends that say or do something you do not agree/approve of: give them a little grace, overlook it, and move along to a new topic of conversation.  If that is not satisfactory, simply discuss with buddies you are enjoying conversations with :)

I hope this helps to clarify any confusion regarding my role with the new thread :)  Again, my apologies for any confusion I may have caused :)  Have a great day, all!

mrsalw :smitten:

Mrs,

I do not think you have anything to apologize for.  You made the effort for all who were on the old forum to stay together.

It's all good!

I hope all this hasn't stressed you out.  You have a good day :)

FluterByee

WOW! SUNSHINE! FINALLY! I told ya'll I had perks with Santa!!

halfway through my cut(ting) so thats VEEEEEEEEEERY helpful, since I have the SAD

I dont know who to thank, Prezident Obama or Santa..

Im starving!! AGAIN!!

l lost 25 lbs this year, I only eat once a day, in the late afternoon, always have, its never bothered me..

now Im starving by noon.... not just hungry, Im talking crying screaming rollin on the floor starving!!

So sorry. I will no longer post on here.

Denise

I'll have nothing of this!!  :P  Please do stay with us here :)  You're a lot of people's buddie now!! :thumbsup:

Welcome to any new or existing members!  This thread is for anyone considering a taper from Xanax, or are already in the midst of a tapering schedule, or who are already Xanax-free and in the healing/recovery phase of their journey.  I have created a new thread in this Support Groups section because the current Xanax thread (currently located in the Buddie Blogs section) will be closing soon, as it is in a section that is not viewable to non-members, and is unable to be "transplanted" here :)  You can still view the prior Xanax thread for a short time, located here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=43272.msg590548#msg590548.

Hello mrsalw,

Actually, the original thread will remain accessible to members for the foreseeable future. The old thread is 'locked' (no new posts), but it is available on a read-only basis. Please edit your opening post to correct this information. ;)

Thanks,

Colin.

So sorry. I will no longer post on here.

Denise

I'll have nothing of this!!  :P  Please do stay with us here :)  You're a lot of people's buddie now!! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Sweetie!!

Denise  :smitten:

Denise....I always enjoy your posts. Please hang out here.

Love,

Carita

Thanks, Carita!!

I am a former xanax user. And, always felt at home on this thread.

I'm baaaaack!!

But, hey, I did start a new Let's Chat thread in the support group area. Everyone is welcome. So, please stop by for a chat.  :)

Denise  :smitten:

Good morning, all.

My apologies for not posting sooner; I am currently at work and was unable to do so until now.

I also wish to apologize about any confusion I may have presented, with my role in regards to this new thread.  I do not actually have any sort of authority involving the topic(s) of conversation on this thread, etc. :)  This is all actually monitored by the administration team.  When I discovered that our previous Xanax thread was going to be closing soon, and saw that most of the other groups (Klonopin, Diazepam, Ativan, etc) had already moved or recreated their threads into this section where they belonged, it was suggested that the Xanax group perhaps look to do the same thing.  This is where the new thread was born :)  I just happened to be the "buddie" who created it ;)

Hi all,

Yes, mrsalw just kicked-off this thread. But as this a Group Support thread, it is not about mrsalw's situation. All participants have an equal share in its successful running and direction.

I remember it wasn't too long ago that I maybe had some questions regarding the nature of posts, or perhaps the frequency of posts, from other buddies.  A simple PM to one of the admins would be the proper way to handle such questions and/or concerns.  As far as I know, outside of the normal expectations of conduct on this forum (such as no profanity, no religious content, etc), there are no rules regarding the particular commentary or topics of conversation on the threads.  I could be wrong about this, however, and please feel free to correct me as needed :)  If there is an issue or a desire to dissassociate with another buddie, it might be best to "block" them -- I believe there is a way to do this, but I have never done so myself.  Or, you could also perhaps do with them what you would do with your family or friends that say or do something you do not agree/approve of: give them a little grace, overlook it, and move along to a new topic of conversation.  If that is not satisfactory, simply discuss with buddies you are enjoying conversations with :)

Yes, if there are moderation issues, it is best to contact the team. It is fine for members to attempt some limited degree of self-moderation by posting gentle reminders of the rules to other members, but if the reminders are ignored or ill-received, stop and instead contact the team.

Members can and should make use of the ignore system where appropriate (located in your profile).

As far as I know, outside of the normal expectations of conduct on this forum (such as no profanity, no religious content, etc), there are no rules regarding the particular commentary or topics of conversation on the threads.

Actually, there is a rule which covers this. Repeated off-topic comments, especially to a benzodiazepine support thread, would be considered disruptive. The relevant rule:

If it is determined that any of your posts, comments or behavior are in violation of our rules, are disruptive to the smooth running of this forum, or bring the community into disrepute, we might edit or delete your comments, and/or apply other, proportionate sanctions against your account.

There would be no point in us attempting to organise content if members were then allowed to post what they like, where they like.

I hope this helps to clarify any confusion regarding my role with the new thread :)  Again, my apologies for any confusion I may have caused :)  Have a great day, all!

I've not read the intervening posts, but I wish to to reiterate, the threads (topics) posted to this board are not 'personal' in nature. The name of the topic starter is irrelevant to the discussions which take place on the Group Support board.

I just wrote a long post and deleted it before I posted it, Im just too sad to even try..

I do understand the change and am complaint, but for this thread, its sad sad sad..

of course I am! it would be smooth sailing otherwise! problems only seem to arise when your in the middle of it already....

this will smoooze on out just fine, Im sure, we just gotta get used to it..

it leaves me with little to say is my problem I guess, since I dont have too many side effects that I dont know how to manage..

and someones always answered any new members post, so I dont ever feel I need to repeat what theyve already said so...

I just sit here on my hands

Good morning, all.

Hi all,

Yes, mrsalw just kicked-off this thread. But as this a Group Support thread, it is not about mrsalw's situation. All participants have an equal share in its successful running and direction.

Yes, if there are moderation issues, it is best to contact the team. It is fine for members to attempt some limited degree of self-moderation by posting gentle reminders of the rules to other members, but if the reminders are ignored or ill-received, stop and instead contact the team.

Members can and should make use of the ignore system where appropriate (located in your profile).

As far as I know, outside of the normal expectations of conduct on this forum (such as no profanity, no religious content, etc), there are no rules regarding the particular commentary or topics of conversation on the threads.

Actually, there is a rule which covers this. Repeated off-topic comments, especially to a benzodiazepine support thread, would be considered disruptive. The relevant rule:

If it is determined that any of your posts, comments or behavior are in violation of our rules, are disruptive to the smooth running of this forum, or bring the community into disrepute, we might edit or delete your comments, and/or apply other, proportionate sanctions against your account.

There would be no point in us attempting to organise content if members were then allowed to post what they like, where they like.

I've not read the intervening posts, but I wish to to reiterate, the threads (topics) posted to this board are not 'personal' in nature. The name of the topic starter is irrelevant to the discussions which take place on the Group Support board.

Colin,

Perhaps you could provide examples of what IS appropriate, and what is NOT appropriate to post here?  I am a little confused/cog-fogged as to what should and shouldn't be on here.  I comprehend things best with specific examples at this phase of my taper/healing!

Many thanks! :thumbsup:

I guess its suppose to be just like the withdrawal/taper/intro threads...

only post about your drugs, tapering and withdrawals, so that people (new members and such) that come here wont open a page of just chat and humor and leave because they didnt see any legitimate withdrawal talk going on and leave....

Colin,

Perhaps you could provide examples of what IS appropriate, and what is NOT appropriate to post here?  I am a little confused/cog-fogged as to what should and shouldn't be on here.  I comprehend things best with specific examples at this phase of my taper/healing!

Hi,

No, I don't think I can supply 'examples', as I cannot hope to come close to provide a comprehensive list of what would and what would not be appropriate, and someone will write, well, you didn't mention that in your examples! ::) Support threads, on all the support boards, should be kept on-topic (though, the odd aside is unlikely to draw moderators attention). Even on the off-topic (non-benzo) parts of the forum, there is no a free-for-all. Just use common sense.

Colin,

Hi,

No, I don't think I can supply 'examples', as I cannot hope to come close to provide a comprehensive list of what would and what would not be appropriate, and someone will write, well, you didn't mention that in your examples! ::) Support threads, on all the support boards, should be kept on-topic (though, the odd aside is unlikely to draw moderators attention). Even on the off-topic (non-benzo) parts of the forum, there is no a free-for-all. Just use common sense.

Sounds fine. I suppose we'll operate as we did before the move, and if there's something to be concerned with, y'all will let us know :)

Thanks for all you do! :smitten:

Hi All,

Wow! I just had a rough tough post Xanax experience that shook me up a bit but the good news is I got through it! I started a new client today and had to go to a rough part of town that I haven't been to but have heard about to meet her. Anyway, it was really rough...more so than I even knew existed in my city. Anyway, on the way there I got a bit disoriented at a stop light...lots of cars passing in front of me and my eyes just tripped up and I felt very weird. That got me a bit jittery as I am only just beginning to drive. Then I got to the location and was harassed a bit in the parking lot. I was only there about 5 minutes but had a panic attack and was so scared. I got in the car and was just wanting to get out of the neighborhood. I hit a stoplight and was stuck sitting at the light next to a drug deal  :D Then a guy jumped out in the street right in front of me and was yelling and threw a bottle of water at my car. Anyway, I got home but I was trembling and my heart was about to come out of my chest. I instinctively reached for my purse while this was all happening because this is a situation where I would normally take some Xanax. Of course, I don't have any and even if I did wouldn't take it but I still had that response. I did some deep breathing and said a prayer and just kept driving. It really caused me to feel a bit upside down. I know that fear in this situation and even some panic is a normal human response and doesn't need to be medicated. I am so grateful I am ok and also grateful that I was able to get through something like this by myself. Even a month ago I wouldn't have even been able to be driving myself. Just thought I'd share this. Looking forward to the day when the symptoms are gone and my coping skills are even better!

Love,

hopefulgirl

Hi All,

Wow! I just had a rough tough post Xanax experience that shook me up a bit but the good news is I got through it! I started a new client today and had to go to a rough part of town that I haven't been to but have heard about to meet her. Anyway, it was really rough...more so than I even knew existed in my city. Anyway, on the way there I got a bit disoriented at a stop light...lots of cars passing in front of me and my eyes just tripped up and I felt very weird. That got me a bit jittery as I am only just beginning to drive. Then I got to the location and was harassed a bit in the parking lot. I was only there about 5 minutes but had a panic attack and was so scared. I got in the car and was just wanting to get out of the neighborhood. I hit a stoplight and was stuck sitting at the light next to a drug deal  :D Then a guy jumped out in the street right in front of me and was yelling and threw a bottle of water at my car. Anyway, I got home but I was trembling and my heart was about to come out of my chest. I instinctively reached for my purse while this was all happening because this is a situation where I would normally take some Xanax. Of course, I don't have any and even if I did wouldn't take it but I still had that response. I did some deep breathing and said a prayer and just kept driving. It really caused me to feel a bit upside down. I know that fear in this situation and even some panic is a normal human response and doesn't need to be medicated. I am so grateful I am ok and also grateful that I was able to get through something like this by myself. Even a month ago I wouldn't have even been able to be driving myself. Just thought I'd share this. Looking forward to the day when the symptoms are gone and my coping skills are even better!

Love,

hopefulgirl

Wow!  Too bad this all had to happen as you're getting your driving legs back again, but you hit nearly every driving pitfall and made it!

Good going!!

:smitten:

I was gonna ask if you had any emergency pills with ya..

Im thinking after I jump Im probably gonna carry a emergency bottle just so I know its there..

I dont plan on taking it either, but the power of suggestion is big with me, and I think if I "know" I still have my crutch, it will take a lot of the panic away in those types situations after I jump..

Im planning on doing it this way, I dont guess its for everyone if you're not strong enough to not take it.. but it wont bother me like that, I just  know it will be easier to get through those first couple of "triggers" having it available, or that I "think" its available..

the great news is of course, YOU LIVED!

anybody watching the BigBangTheory? its hysterical tonight, great distraction from Xanax withdrawals..good for a uplifting laugh as well, some of this stuff you cant help but laugh, no matter how bad its going...

Hi All,

Love,

hopefulgirl

Wow!  That's some scary stuff!  You were able to handle a stressful situation without meds!  Please be careful when driving in sketchy neighborhoods.  There are areas in my Nearest Big City that the police won't even patrol without backup.  Don't take chances...

:smitten: