Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Hi all! Hoping someone can give me guidance on somethin

So i'm now at 4.5mg/day 1.5mg 3xday and i'm noticing interdose between my 8am dose and 2pm dose around 12:30-1pm. My last dose is at 8pm and I last through the night (with subpar sleep) until 8am comes again. Its just this daytime thats getting me and i'm desperately trying to lower those doses the most

So the question is : as i'm continuing going down, can I move my doses closer together to possibly scathe off suffering all the way until 2pm? Then eventually this should lead to the doses becoming closer together then ultimately eliminating one daytime dose. Does that sound smart?

Alycat,

I crossed over to Valium from Xanax XR 1.5mg.  I did it slowly over 7 months (I think), it's in my signature.  I didn't exactly do Ashton, but would have if my Pdoc suggested that. It's been 9 days already since you crossed over- how are you feeling?

I didn't have any horrible w/d from crossing over- just sedated and brain fog mostly.  It's when I taper that symptoms decide to visit me, but that passes as well.  Until it's time to taper again.

Is that what you were asking?  I didn't have any issues crossing over slowly, but everyone is different.  Maybe hold while you are traveling?

I quit taking 7.5 Temazepam and .25 Xanax August 23.  Ive struggled with sleep and occasional leg & feet tingling off an on.  I may have had some dp/dr but Ive been moody.  Yesterday was a bad day, last nite I slept fairly well and have had a good window today.  Im on 15 mg V and 100 Gabapentin for tingling.  Im not feeling great like last summer but I think Im going to get better.  I just dont know what to expect as the taper drops via the Ashton Turtle taper.  I am being monitored by a psychiatrist.  Hope that helps.

Peace,

Alycat

The taper reductions for me are headaches, brain fog, irritability mostly.  I also felt like this on Xanax, so I think I am so used to feeling like crap.  I know it's different for everyone, but with the Valium, it has such a long half life, that it will take a bit longer to feel the cuts.  For me, I don't feel them for like 3-5 days.  It's not horrible, at least for me.  I am still functional.  If it becomes horrible for you, you just need to go slower with your taper.  The hard part is over, you have crossed over.  Now you can taper! 

Hugs to you!!!!!

Aly I crossed from 1.5 mgs of Ativan to 15 mgs of valium. I followed Ashton and had no tapering issues until about 5 mgs when I realized her cuts were too big for me. Headaches, tinnitus. (So I made smaller cuts). The only real issue I had with valium in the beginning was that it made me fatigued, but that passed. Indeed I did a "turtle taper" but it worked for me.

Can I ask you . . . why are you still on Xanax? Wouldn't it be best to roll all your drugs into valium? Just wondering.

:-\

Katz

No longer on X or Tem.  Total crossover to V 15 mg.  I think X is a real devil.

Thanks for support & responses.  I continue to feel halfway normal but haven't begun to cut V.

Peace

Alycat, For me, the Valium has been sooooooo much easier to taper then Xanax!  I wasn't able to taper Xanax, but that's just my experience.  Much easier, way less w/d symptoms.  You can do this!!!  You are on all Valium now!  That is HUGE!!

I followed Ashton's withdrawal schedule. It made the scary business of tapering a lot less scary -- I didn't have to do math or event think bout things. Just reduced according to her plan.

Best to you,

Katz

I followed Ashton's withdrawal schedule. It made the scary business of tapering a lot less scary -- I didn't have to do math or event think bout things. Just reduced according to her plan.

Best to you,

Katz

Hey! Was the DLMT part easier symptom wise when moving down? I'm at 4.5 and want to switch to that method but dk how.

How long after having quit valium can you safely have an alcoholic beverage?

It varies, some members can drink throughout their taper and recovery, but they're in the minority.  Others have found they can test the waters in recovery and start by adding in small amounts to slowly gauge their tolerance.  Others have tried just a couple of beers and have had setbacks that can last a few days to a few weeks, one member is going on their second month of misery at the moment.  I suggest proceeding with caution.

Strong, yes the DLMT was a whole lot easier than cut and hold. Just start a thread asking for help. You'll get ppl wiling to help you plan your taper.

Best,

Katz

Hello,

I have a question concerning Valium withdrawals and alcohol.

I am not a heavy drinker, but kind of regular ( 4-5 times a week 1-3 beers a day on average ). As I got used to Valium ( 5mg day ), drinking on it was fine.

I read a lot of people telling that alcohol is not getting well with benzos WDs. But if your body needs alcohol too ... How to solve this problem ?

If I drink a beer, it seems OK at the moment. But I try to avoid it. Any advice ?

Hello,

I have a question concerning Valium withdrawals and alcohol.

I am not a heavy drinker, but kind of regular ( 4-5 times a week 1-3 beers a day on average ). As I got used to Valium ( 5mg day ), drinking on it was fine.

I read a lot of people telling that alcohol is not getting well with benzos WDs. But if your body needs alcohol too ... How to solve this problem ?

If I drink a beer, it seems OK at the moment. But I try to avoid it. Any advice ?

Alcohol is sometimes referred to as liquid benzo's because it affects the same receptors in the brain as benzo's so if you're trying to taper from the Valium but still drinking, you're in effect supplementing your Valium dose with alcohol.

I'm not sure how a body needs alcohol unless you're addicted and you need it to keep withdrawal symptoms away.

Many of our members have tried to drink while tapering and recovering with disastrous results, but many are able to resume their former consumption upon full recovery after re-introducing it slowly.

I know. I don't want to replace Valium by alcohol, just to give up these pills. I did not plan to stop alcohol at the same time too.

But it's a good opportunity to drink less. But to stop drinking ? I am not able to. I smoke weed, and as it's not working on the same receptors, it's ok and it helps a lot for me. But still. I don't want benzo + alcohol withdrawals at the same time. Or should I ?

I know. I don't want to replace Valium by alcohol, just to give up these pills. I did not plan to stop alcohol at the same time too.

But it's a good opportunity to drink less. But to stop drinking ? I am not able to. I smoke weed, and as it's not working on the same receptors, it's ok and it helps a lot for me. But still. I don't want benzo + alcohol withdrawals at the same time. Or should I ?

I sure wouldn't but its your life and your taper and you know your body better than anyone so I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you.  :thumbsup:

Strong, yes the DLMT was a whole lot easier than cut and hold. Just start a thread asking for help. You'll get ppl wiling to help you plan your taper.

Best,

Katz

Thank you!!

Best,

Katz

Thank you!!

Dont think they are going to give me liquid here but have people managed it with the weighing way on valium? Thank you

Best,

Katz

Hey, I believe some people have. Some have also had success doing both pills/liquid. I'm on liquid and while i'm not a fan I am trying to push through. I want to add pills

Thank you!!

Dont think they are going to give me liquid here but have people managed it with the weighing way on valium? Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

How do I find a Benzo Buddy to communicate with privately? 

I am on 2 1/2 Valium and slowly tapering. 

My family is great but very busy and can only talk once in a while.

Husband very supportive. 

I would just like to talk with someone who is tapering or has tapered and can offer support.

I don’t know how to

Maneuver through this site very well

JayJ

How do I find a Benzo Buddy to communicate with privately? 

I am on 2 1/2 Valium and slowly tapering. 

My family is great but very busy and can only talk once in a while.

Husband very supportive. 

I would just like to talk with someone who is tapering or has tapered and can offer support.

I don’t know how to

Maneuver through this site very well

JayJ

Hi JayJ,

Just reaching out like you are is how to find others you can relate to.  When we tell our story or offer support we get to know each other, we find common ground.  Sometimes you can find them in support groups like this one or by reading posts.  Most of our members communicate on the open forum because as a community we're all sharing the same journey.

Some prefer to connect via PM (Personal Message) but just like in real life, it takes time to find someone you fit with so keep reading and reaching out.

Pamster

• 2 weeks later...