Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Nicjk,

I also have done really well with the liquid.  I almost didn't try it because some people have negative experiences but as with everything benzos, that seems to be common.  I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not but I also try to get it to absorb sublingually by holding it under my tongue for a minute or so before swallowing.  Whether it does help or not, I don't know I've continued to do well with it. 

I transitioned 1 mg at a time to allow my body to adjust.  It's all kind of a blur but I guess I would say for me, I took 1-2 months in between each 1 mg I moved.  I was at all liquid at 3 mg.

Momof7 and Kitsune I really need your weigh in (ie. reassurance). Man I'm so scared being on the V. I hope I didn't make a mistake. It's been 2 weeks now fully on V...initially after the first week I had a 1 day window then I took a dip again! My period is coming dont know if that's why but I feel awful (nauseated/sick to my stomach/hopeless/pulsing and vibrating over my entire body especially my privates! Don't know what that's about that's my first time but it hurts) I'm so freaked out and scared I need to write it out here since I know you both went thru a transition. 2 weeks is still early right? I know some people just don't stabilize though. That worries me too. Sorry I come across so desperate but I guess I am. Hopefully one day I can be giving hope to others. I *hope*.

Jess,

Look back at Kit's response from just a week ago.  I think she gave good advice.  I still get some of what you describe but it's oodles better.  The BEST strategy that I have to ignore my symptoms is to distract, distract, distract.  Gardening, homesteading, cooking, cleaning, taking care of kids, etc.  I am busy ALL day long.  I have developed some of my older symptoms at a lower dose and it sometimes "freaks" me out but in the end, I have had to accept that no matter what, I'm going to have to see this taper through.  Also, I notice that you are on "Z" still - have you looked into crossing over to a little more Valium and getting rid of that, which is what Professor Ashton recommended?  Sorry if you did and I can't remember.

Hang in there - perhaps you are just in a wave - it happens to all of us.  Either way, you have to accept what has already happened and just focus on moving forward.  Lots of distraction!!!

Thanks.... I know i need a lot of reassurance right now. Thank you for responding - even if to the say the same stuff. I need to hear it over and over. I'm going to leave the 'Z' alone because its the only thing that puts me to sleep. I'll tackle it later once i'm off the V. I know a lot of people will recommend switching but I just don't feel comfortable doing that.... lots of decisions are so hard to make. In the meantime i'm waiting... and waiting.. and hoping... and praying. Thanks all for your support.

Here's another question... has anyone ever discussed this... brands of V? Has anyone ever come across certain brands that are smoother/better than others?

thanks all love you xo.

Jess,

No problem.  Hang in there and I TOTALLY get it because I also needed lots of reassurance in my darkest days.  As for me with the brands, I only tried a couple in pill form.  TEVA and Mayne.  TEVA felt much better for me with less side effects but I know it's had the opposite effect on others.  I also transitioned quite well from it to the Roxane/Westward Labs liquid with no issues and if anything, even better.  That's all I was on once I got to 3 mg.  It's been VERY easy to deal with and I'm so grateful for it. 

[58...]

I too am interested in which valium pills are better to cut, as the APO ones seem to just break apart easily.

I am at 3.6 V now and still have 0.218 A to contend with.

My last move over from the A to V was a disaster!

I'm not sure I can do another crossover, I may just taper off the rest of the Ativan and then tackle the Valium

My POTS symptoms have skyrocketed (I've been formally diagnosed), but now it's much worse.

Plus my allergies and histamine issues are much worse than they were just on Ativan.

I have also started to get the dreaded nausea, which I never had before, I was throwing up everywhere and couldn't keep food down.

I found Diaz-Pam way of doing a milk-taper and I'm going to do that even though I have issues with milk.

I've also reviewed Crazy Canucks videos many times over the last many months.

My oldest is graduating high school and now I can't even be there.

I missed my youngest graduation from elementary school last year.

I just feel like I have no life anymore, I barely leave my bed and just move to the couch or lounge chair.

I had just started physio before this disaster struck and it had been going so well.

The second time, I had to go, I thought I would through up everywhere!

My Dr who is helping me get off these meds is a godsend, way better than the previous one.

I emailed her and she squeezed me in the next day, she asked me a whole bunch of questions and then explained what all the symptoms meant.

She said that the inner vibrations/tremors, sweating, HR and BP changes are all signs of wd and changes in autonomic issues.

I said I knew that because I have POTS/Dysautonomia, which is a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system.

The previous Dr I had at this clinic just told me that all my symptoms couldn't be from the drugs and that something else was going on.

Nope, all from the drugs, so is the POTS.

My POTS Dr (same hospital) confirmed that it is most likely the drugs and that she has 3 other patients like me at the moment.

So I guess I'm looking to see what are the best version of Valium pills (as the APO isn't cutting it - Ha - no pun intended) to either dry taper from or cut to do in a liquid milk taper, as we are wasting so much with the cutting.

From this experience, I have learned that there is no way I can do a cut and hold method, it's too hard on my body, I do much better with a daily reduction.

Thanks so much

Winnie.

P.S SuperJess - big hugs, I know you are suffering too. See above on what my Dr. is saying, all my symptoms are wd related, she says to hold for several weeks now. come back

[e2...]
Down to 10mgs today, down from 40mgs equivalent. I’m really struggling with sleep, maybe 2 hours a night, very light, but ive accepted it, proud that ive got into the single digits as of tomorrow, and looking forward to getting down to 5mg by christmas. Hope everyone is ok <3

Down to 10mgs today, down from 40mgs equivalent. I’m really struggling with sleep, maybe 2 hours a night, very light, but ive accepted it, proud that ive got into the single digits as of tomorrow, and looking forward to getting down to 5mg by christmas. Hope everyone is ok <3

I am so proud of u WPWP! We all should take a leaf out of ur book, u have handled this with so much grace. I hope u get all ur sleep back as u get lower, u certainly deserve a break x

Winnie, I'm sorry you aren't getting replies to this. This board hasn't been too active. Sometimes there's a flurry of activity, then it gets quiet again.

I am using Teva diazepam, and have had no issues cutting them. Never had them break apart, at least for me. I've had the histamine issues, not as bad as some here. Recently developed nausea and have no appetite. Struggling to eat currently. Sorry I'm not much help, I don't have any answers for you.  :(

WPWP, congrats on getting to 10. I hoped to be there by now, stuck at 11 and holding. Hit a wall yesterday. Would love to get to 5 mgs by Christmas. Will depend on how long I'm stuck holding and how soon I can unstick myself from the wall. Time will tell.

WPWP, congrats on getting to 10. I hoped to be there by now, stuck at 11 and holding. Hit a wall yesterday. Would love to get to 5 mgs by Christmas. Will depend on how long I'm stuck holding and how soon I can unstick myself from the wall. Time will tell.

Hang in there lottie. Ur day will come xx

[e2...]
I use the teva pills as well, my pill cutter doesnt cut them perfectly down the center but it's close enough.

[e2...]
Lottie ive been in hell the entire way down, I am not exceeding 10% cumulative cuts per month but I am pushing forward regardless and trusting my body. This is no recommendation, last 3 nights I have barely slept at all, maybe 2-3 hour total but im continuing forward and it'll be what it will be. I', here if you ever need someone to talk to <3

[58...]

Thanks all, that's very helpful.

I'm going to be gone a week, I think checking and being on here is making me worse - so vacation from BB time it is for me.

Cheers.

Winnie

[58...]

Thanks Shayna

I was true to my word and gone for a week

It was good at first, then got my second Moderna shot last Wed

Holy hell, I was begging to die, it was that painful for me.

I couldn’t have anyone touch me, my joints and muscles all seized

I couldn’t sleep the entire night - even with the Ativan, Valium and Traz

I couldn’t walk the next day.

Slowly I got better and it’s been 5 days now, had some pretty good walks with my doggo.

But still struggling with a ton of POTS and histamine issues.

I also had the worst constipation issues, but that resolved this morning.

I read a 400 page book. I was so happy. It was just ok. Shari Laperna, The End of Her.

She’s written better ones, but I read the entire book

I’m tapering the Ativan again and will be back for more help with my Valium taper.

I don’t want to cross anymore, the Valium is blocking too much DAO and I’m not doing well on it.

See everyone in another week.

Winnie

Has anyone had success tapering off V on one dose a day without ever splitting?  I take mine once at bedtime. My taper has been very slow doing DLMT. But I often have to hold and can only tolerate very tiny microcuts. I take it slow as I have work and kids and need to be functional. Wondering if it’s possible to not have to split my dose and just keep reducing slow and steady or is splitting the dose inevitable?

Thanks

I have been reducing my AM dose (down to 1mg, and am starting to whittle away on that to .75), but keeping my 10 mg PM dose. I will be doing only PM (bedtime) dosing once I whittle my way down, .25 at a time, to 0 in the AM. Ashton recommends cutting daytime doses first, and leaving the PM for last, because the PM can help with sleep. With it's extremely long half life, there's really no need to split doses for most of us, but a few find they need to split the dose.

Yeah I’ve been hearing that you should split the Valium dose to twice daily to help with interdose WD but knowin the long half life I wonder what is the actual experience of those who stayed at only once a day dosing. To me I’m worried about the implications of trying to split my dose and wonder if it’s really necessary. At the same time I am concerned if I wait and keep tapering I’ll be forced to split on an already low dose and mess myself up.

We are all different. I dose 3x per day but probably could get by with 2. Can't imagine doing any less than that fire myself.

Yeah I’ve been hearing that you should split the Valium dose to twice daily to help with interdose WD but knowin the long half life I wonder what is the actual experience of those who stayed at only once a day dosing. To me I’m worried about the implications of trying to split my dose and wonder if it’s really necessary. At the same time I am concerned if I wait and keep tapering I’ll be forced to split on an already low dose and mess myself up.

With the really long half life, you shouldn't have interdose WD, but some here are fast metabolizers, they have a gene that causes them to metabolize medications more rapidly. Some know they have this gene (I have had my genotype done,  so I know I do not), and others find out by trial and error. If you'd rather stay on the safe side, since you are unsure, it won't harm you to split the dose, and continue tapering that way. Do what you feel most comfortable with.

Hi Kit,

I'm doing pretty decently overall. How are you doing?  Well, I hope.  I've been feeling pretty unmotivated and lazy lately and brain fog has been there more.  Also can't stop gaining weight.  I have a few other annoying symptoms but I don't feel like I can complain.  I'll take it!  Yes, I'm happy to finally be less than 1mg and feel like I can finally see the light.  Hoping to be off by the end of the year.  You will get there - as we have all come to learn, it's definitely not a race.