Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Nova,

I'm really sorry you are struggling.  I'm not a big fan of long holds and my own experience was not good.  I do know of one buddy who, after a long hold and feeling worse, started microtapering pretty slowly and it helped.  I hope things improve for you one way or another!

I answered Nova on the long hold board, as I held a little over a month, then did a tiny .25 cut in my am V dose as I started feeling worse. Now 10 days after the cut, I'm a wreck. So your post helped me, even though it wasn't intended for me. My Psych NP is encouraging me to chip off .25 of my last 1 mg am dose until I'm down to 0. I'm at .75 now. I will probably hold : for no more than 3 weeks before the next .25 mg cut. Is that too slow, or slow enough?

Hi Lottie  :hug:  hope you feel better soon I've cut. 25 too. By the way I was looking through my journal and I came across where I cut by .25 before because prior to that always cut point .5 and thought that maybe the smaller would be the less aggressive of the  2 by day 17 of that cut I felt so terrible that I cut Another Point 25 as I was desperate a few days later I actually felt better so from there on in I continued with .5 cuts but I'm trying .25 again to see if it will be helpful to me this time as I want to be able to cut 2 Weekly or 3 weekly the latest but just playing it by ear for  now as there is no way to predict whether it's going to work out or not as we all know.

Nova ♥️

Benzolottie,

I don't think 1 month is really much of a long hold and I think these shorter holds, especially when doing cut and hold, are fine.  I held for 6 months. What I found is that it threw me into severe tolerance and when I tried to pick back up and taper, tiny cuts killed me.  I will say that I also had done really big cuts prior to that.  Perhaps if I had been doing a more slow taper, I would have done better.  Nonetheless, I have seen people react the same way with long holds and then others do amazing.  It really is a crap shoot.  I hope you feel better and I'm sorry that you are suffering. 

Hey Nova.. :)

For me to comment, one would have to forgive my differing meds now, though my reaction is very benzo like to all discontinuations.. I probs wouldnt say anything, but I think you have a fair idea of my story..

I feel like after 2 years of essentially holding, give or take a few %, and half a dozen failed attempts at reductions, I kinda got on top of tolerance symptoms, and even gained some (minor) therapeutic action..

What I noticed for me in my situation, was I did start to feel better with many symptoms, but it split, some were a very slow improvement, and the more volatile or direct WD SX seemed to improve directly after a cut, but only for a couple of weeks, before that faded.. -Which is why I kept attempting cuts (and failed)..

It took 2 yrs to see real improvement..

Would I say this is a thing, a rule, -not at all.. But in my time on the LHSG, I did repeatedly see a (variable) worsening over the first few months, but it was rather situational and historical.. The piper still had to be paid one way or the other, in relation to prior actions..

Really, I dont see it as much different to jumping time in many ways..

The best I could suggest is to keep those detailed records of post cut symptoms and see if that sheds some light on what is working best for you, both following your cuts and longer term..

Ofcourse there are a multitude of other individual considerations that *may* also need consideration, but step by step...

:)

Hi Lottie  :hug:  hope you feel better soon I've cut. 25 too. By the way I was looking through my journal and I came across where I cut by .25 before because prior to that always cut point .5 and thought that maybe the smaller would be the less aggressive of the  2 by day 17 of that cut I felt so terrible that I cut Another Point 25 as I was desperate a few days later I actually felt better so from there on in I continued with .5 cuts but I'm trying .25 again to see if it will be helpful to me this time as I want to be able to cut 2 Weekly or 3 weekly the latest but just playing it by ear for  now as there is no way to predict whether it's going to work out or not as we all know.

Nova ♥️

This is the first time I've cut by .25, I was able to do .5 and sometimes 1 mg. I'm coming to the end of week 2, I almost just want to do .5 from .75 as it doesn't seem to be making a difference. I don't know.  :-\

Benzolottie,

I don't think 1 month is really much of a long hold and I think these shorter holds, especially when doing cut and hold, are fine.  I held for 6 months. What I found is that it threw me into severe tolerance and when I tried to pick back up and taper, tiny cuts killed me.  I will say that I also had done really big cuts prior to that.  Perhaps if I had been doing a more slow taper, I would have done better.  Nonetheless, I have seen people react the same way with long holds and then others do amazing.  It really is a crap shoot.  I hope you feel better and I'm sorry that you are suffering.

I was originally planning on holding longer, like until the end of Summer, which would have been 3 months. But my Peer support suggested proceeding with the .25 rather than hold. Had a bunch of stressful events occur, and had made a .5  cut just when all that took place. So I'd been holding close to 6 weeks before my Psych NP agreed with my Peer. Yeah, it is a crap shoot. My taper had been going well until the stressful events happened.

Hi everyone, really sorry to butt in but I am hoping to get advice from those that have switched to liquid Diazepam. I am really nervous about the switch. I will gradually be switching over, over the course of a month - but I am concerned that I will have issues being on liquid. Anyone switch over and NOT experience any issues?

Hi Nic,

I did not have issues.  I actually think I've done better on the liquid than I did on the tablets.  I was also scared as I read some horror stories.  However, I know several personally who have switched and done quite well.  Best wishes.

Hey Nova.. :)

For me to comment, one would have to forgive my differing meds now, though my reaction is very benzo like to all discontinuations.. I probs wouldnt say anything, but I think you have a fair idea of my story..

I feel like after 2 years of essentially holding, give or take a few %, and half a dozen failed attempts at reductions, I kinda got on top of tolerance symptoms, and even gained some (minor) therapeutic action..

What I noticed for me in my situation, was I did start to feel better with many symptoms, but it split, some were a very slow improvement, and the more volatile or direct WD SX seemed to improve directly after a cut, but only for a couple of weeks, before that faded.. -Which is why I kept attempting cuts (and failed)..

It took 2 yrs to see real improvement..

Would I say this is a thing, a rule, -not at all.. But in my time on the LHSG, I did repeatedly see a (variable) worsening over the first few months, but it was rather situational and historical.. The piper still had to be paid one way or the other, in relation to prior actions..

Really, I dont see it as much different to jumping time in many ways..

The best I could suggest is to keep those detailed records of post cut symptoms and see if that sheds some light on what is working best for you, both following your cuts and longer term..

Ofcourse there are a multitude of other individual considerations that *may* also need consideration, but step by step...

:)

Thank can't  :hug: Nova xxx ♥️

Hi everyone, really sorry to butt in but I am hoping to get advice from those that have switched to liquid Diazepam. I am really nervous about the switch. I will gradually be switching over, over the course of a month - but I am concerned that I will have issues being on liquid. Anyone switch over and NOT experience any issues?

Hey, Nicjk, you don't have to apologize, you're not butting in at all. This group is after all the Valium/Diazepam group, and more than one conversation takes place because people ask different things related to Valium/Diazepam. I'm not at that point in my taper, so I don't have an answer, only that I know other Buddies who do well. One on here has been doing a very slow taper entirely with liquid since 2018. Some report problems with one brand over another. If you want more answers to your question, you could also post on the Tapering group, as there are Buddies there using the liquid.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience! This makes me feel much better about the switch  :)

Hi Nic,

I did not have issues.  I actually think I've done better on the liquid than I did on the tablets.  I was also scared as I read some horror stories.  However, I know several personally who have switched and done quite well.  Best wishes.

Thank you for your kindness :). I'm glad to hear that you know of Buddies that are doing well on liquid! I might take your suggestion and post on the tapering board too. Wishing you all the best with the remainder of your taper

Hey, Nicjk, you don't have to apologize, you're not butting in at all. This group is after all the Valium/Diazepam group, and more than one conversation takes place because people ask different things related to Valium/Diazepam. I'm not at that point in my taper, so I don't have an answer, only that I know other Buddies who do well. One on here has been doing a very slow taper entirely with liquid since 2018. Some report problems with one brand over another. If you want more answers to your question, you could also post on the Tapering group, as there are Buddies there using the liquid.

Does anyone know how long a tablet of diazepam dissolved in water is okay for? How many days before it degrades? Thanks!

i need some help with my taper please.  I take diazepam 5mg concentrate which 1ml equals 10 mg, so I am taking 1.8ml twice a day that equals to 18 mgs a day.  I want to reduce 1mg per month by reducing 0,3ml per day. how do I do this, i am not understanding the math, and do I need to dilute with water to remove the 0.3ml?  Please help!

You can use 1ML syringes and reduce the amount you take each day - the ones I use have 50 marks, 5 between each .1ml.  I read back at your posts and it appears that this is a compounded formula?  Are you in the US and if so, any reason you can't use the Westward Labs/Roxane 1mg/1ML or 5mg/5ML?  I'm not sure about putting something with almond oil and diluting it.  Also, I'm confused about your solution - is it 1ML = 5mg or 1ML = 10mg?  Do you mean to say you take .9ml twice a day for a total of 1.8ml for 18mg a day? 

You can use 1ML syringes and reduce the amount you take each day - the ones I use have 50 marks, 5 between each .1ml.  I read back at your posts and it appears that this is a compounded formula?  Are you in the US and if so, any reason you can't use the Westward Labs/Roxane 1mg/1ML or 5mg/5ML?  I'm not sure about putting something with almond oil and diluting it.  Also, I'm confused about your solution - is it 1ML = 5mg or 1ML = 10mg?  Do you mean to say you take .9ml twice a day for a total of 1.8ml for 18mg a day?

No, i am not on the compound anymore, my stomach couldn't tolerate it. What i am on now is diazepam concentrate that comes with a dropper, and the solution is 1ml=5mg. and yes 1.8ml of this solution = 9ml twice a day.

How would I dilute this?

No, i am not on the compound anymore, my stomach couldn't tolerate it. What i am on now is diazepam concentrate that comes with a dropper, and the solution is 1ml=5mg. and yes 1.8ml of this solution = 9ml twice a day.

How would I dilute this?

With simple plain water :)                     

Nova xxx :smitten:

Hi all, I’ve  been a member of Benzo buddies  just a couple of weeks.. I typed in diazepam taper.. And this thread group for Valium support popped up.. Well I’m in the process slowly crossing over to the Valium solution from Ativan 3.5 mg use of 1+ yr.. Several questions: Should I ask my doctor to switch me from the Valium solution I’m slowly incorporating (which is alcohol-based) to some thing that is in a different Form & I’m having stomach issues wanna know if this is common when you’re crossing over-also if anyone has a taper schedule that they recommend.. I’m going with the Ashton method of course but just curious .. Any help will be much appreciated  thanks!!

I’m about two weeks in from crossing over with diazepam liquid solution (prescribed by my doctor) from Ativan, been feeling sluggish, stomach issues, major depression.. is this something that will subside, is my body just adjusting?  Could somebody please give me some information After going through inpatient and outpatient facilities the last couple of months,  feeling kind of hopeless now thinking this was the proper, I’ve should’ve done this since day one type approach, but now that I’m feeling this way I don’t know what to do. I’m really at the cross roads, mentally, physically what’ve been through these past few months… don’t know what else to do -Really desperate.

JTee,

Sorry to hear that the c/o has been rough, and that things have been hard in general.  Some of the things you mention can be common during a crossover and it takes time to adjust.  Has there been any improvement in any of your symptoms?  What symptoms of depression are you experiencing?  Many of us feel the sluggishness, tiredness effects of Valium.  For me, it was welcome because of my high anxiety and body was so overstimulated that it helped to calm me. 

Some of the things that I had during my crossover, like severe head pressure and muscle burning/pain, all subsided the longer I was on Valium and before my crossover was done.  It was so bad that like you, I was really doubting my choice.  I know others have experienced these sorts of issues that you describe and it's gotten better for them.  Others aren't as fortunate and some of those symptoms/side effects stick with them.  It's really a mixed bag but either way, DO NOT blame yourself.  You are only doing what you can to survive this - if there have been any positives, hold on to those. 

Depression side of things,  just Feeling hopeless, blaming myself and just Emotional wreck I’ve been doing a lot of crying as of late. But I got to just have patience and hopefully Diazepam crossover will be a success. Thank you so much for your positive words of encouragement believe me it’s much needed much blessings to you

Hi Jtee,

I too had a rough crossover.. from Ativan to Valium... I was symptomatc. Both anxiety, depression, and lots of nausea I had lots of chest vibrations. I don't even remember you can see some of my lists from may I was worried I made the wrong decision. It took me an additional 3 weeks to stabilize once I fully crossed but I did. (Reductions bring on the WD symptoms again unfortunately) but I do stabilize in between even tho I worry each time that i won't. Depression and lethargy is common. I'm currently in a wave 🌊 but swapping to V was the best decision I made. It's much easier to manage the symptoms even tho they are still symptoms. Hang in there i know first hand how scary it  can be but I will say so far my reductions haven't been as bad as it felt durign the crossover I think it was just Ativan wds until V built up in my system. Anyways this is my post as of today. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Thank you, yeah hopefully I stabilize soon enough so I can begin the taper process… not trying to rush things but I at least wanna get to that part of the process as close to one piece as possible. Long road ahead, but with my head held up high until I get to the finish line waiting to give myself a high five🖐

I found the c/o from Ativan to Vailum to be challenging and tough. When you think about it, why not? You are removing a short-acting benzo bit by bit and trying to replace it with a long-acting one. I had w/ds from the Ativan which the valium didn't even come close to covering (it needs time to build up in your system). More than once I wanted to give up. But I persevered -- mainly because I had such bad interdose w/ds from Ativan that I needed to do something.

After about 2 weeks completely on valium, things settled down. So perhaps this is the way things will play out for you -- a difficult c/o, a not-very-comfortable 2 week "acclimation" period to valium, then smoother sailing. It was tough, but doable.

Best to you,

Katz

I found the c/o from Ativan to Vailum to be challenging and tough. When you think about it, why not? You are removing a short-acting benzo bit by bit and trying to replace it with a long-acting one. I had w/ds from the Ativan which the valium didn't even come close to covering (it needs time to build up in your system). More than once I wanted to give up. But I persevered -- mainly because I had such bad interdose w/ds from Ativan that I needed to do something.

After about 2 weeks completely on valium, things settled down. So perhaps this is the way things will play out for you -- a difficult c/o, a not-very-comfortable 2 week "acclimation" period to valium, then smoother sailing. It was tough, but doable.

Best to you,

Katz

Katz, thank you for going into detail on the process, this helps me know what to tell others.  :smitten: