Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Valium/Diazepam Support Group

[Di...]

Thank you Mary and Begood, you guys are in my thoughts. I miss you but my arms hurt so I only use them to work, which is a lot already. I love you and miss you. Mary congrats for getting so low. I might need surgery so I'm tapering extra slow, in case they mess up my dose in hospital, what's the whole point of tapering in the light of that risk. And I have sxs in spite of the tiny cuts I made. I'm the poster child for kindling I guess. Take care both of you.

Thank you Mary and Begood, you guys are in my thoughts. I miss you but my arms hurt so I only use them to work, which is a lot already. I love you and miss you. Mary congrats for getting so low. I might need surgery so I'm tapering extra slow, in case they mess up my dose in hospital, what's the whole point of tapering in the light of that risk. And I have sxs in spite of the tiny cuts I made. I'm the poster child for kindling I guess. Take care both of you.

💖  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:💖

9 mg V. split into 4 doses (had to do that to try to control nausea, but realized that going forward with tapering, this isn't too feasible).  Questions:

1.  How often are you dosing?

2.  What taper method is working best for you?

I did cut and hold for my 1st mg, and I'm pretty debilitated (but have been ever since starting V.).  I have a new prescriber willing to work with me on tapering however I'd like. 

There, It could be feasible if you also consider liquid Valium. I know others who have done 4 doses. I am at 3, currently microtapering using only liquid prescription. I was on a combination of pills and liquid until 3 mg. I'm sorry you are still feeling so unwell.

There, It could be feasible if you also consider liquid Valium. I know others who have done 4 doses. I am at 3, currently microtapering using only liquid prescription. I was on a combination of pills and liquid until 3 mg. I'm sorry you are still feeling so unwell.

Are you dosing once or twice/day? 

FWIT - I was on a liquid V taper ( Roxie) I also dosed 2 x's daily. I alternated my reduction of each dose till I got low enough, I then concentrated on the earlier dose to reduce only. If I hit a bump, would hold,  then resume by making a small reduction on the evening dose, once or twice. I would wait for baseline to return and then begin slowly tapering my noon dose once again.

slow and steady for sure.

you can do this, tho it seems this will never end. Do not listen or believe that benzo lie, you will chip away at this and then one day, you will hit that coveted zero and onto the final phase of healing. &&&&& Healing is happening!!!  :smitten:

She doses 3x a day.

She doses 3x a day.

Wow, sorry, how did I miss that?!  Oh yeah....benzo brain.  Hmm, OK. It's so hard to know what to do and how to handle this without any trusted "medical" advice.  I've got to let that idea go.  There is no trusted medical advice with this.  My body is just sensitive I almost hate to try anything different.  Maybe I just need to get the liquid soonish and stay on my four doses.  Thank you!

She doses 3x a day.

Wow, sorry, how did I miss that?!  Oh yeah....benzo brain.  Hmm, OK. It's so hard to know what to do and how to handle this without any trusted "medical" advice.  I've got to let that idea go.  There is no trusted medical advice with this.  My body is just sensitive I almost hate to try anything different.  Maybe I just need to get the liquid soonish and stay on my four doses.  Thank you!

I would stay on the 4x dosing when you switch over, but I think you could probably slowly get rid of the 4th dose and go down to three. I was dosing 2x until January and slowly shifted my morning dose closer to my PM dose until I combined them. First thing though, gradually switch to the liquid and see how you do, some people don’t tolerate it well, but most are just fine. ❤️ A slow transition will smooth the process out.

I would stay on the 4x dosing when you switch over, but I think you could probably slowly get rid of the 4th dose and go down to three. I was dosing 2x until January and slowly shifted my morning dose closer to my PM dose until I combined them. First thing though, gradually switch to the liquid and see how you do, some people don’t tolerate it well, but most are just fine. ❤️ A slow transition will smooth the process out.

So maybe start doing a combination of liquid and pills/dose.....like 2 mg pill+ 0.5 mg liquid?  Thank you for all the help in your response.  I do think I could combine into three this way.  I had to set an alarm for my 3rd dose because I keep almost forgetting it.  The other doses, not so much :)

Hi guys I can't catch up and I hope everyone's doing OK. I've been in pain for 23 years, I have cervical stenosis plus a herniated disc s1l5 plus Ddd and a whole lot of other things on my back. The pain is killing me and I can't stop working. My arms and legs hurt badly and sitting is agony. Anyway, to the point. I've been prescribed tramadol for pain. I never wanted it but I can no longer live in this pain. I'm reading confusing posts as to how tramadol can increase benzo wd sxs. Any experience in this? I don't want to hear how bad tramadol is. What I'd like to know is : is anyone here on tramadol while successfully tapering Valium? Thanks for reading. I'd post more often if my arms weren't killing me.

HI-  I don’t really know the answer but I had to take pain meds at times when I was DT because of severe headaches and severe muscle and joint pain, I didn’t notice it making my sx worse.  I did help relieve my pain, and that seemed to make my w/d sx more doable.  Pain in itself can cause so many problems.  I was careful to only take the pain meds for a few days.  I was reading some links on pain meds and benzo’s but really couldn’t make heads or tails of it. 

I hope you can get some relief, and that it doesn’t cause you any increased sx.

Marie

Hi guys I can't catch up and I hope everyone's doing OK. I've been in pain for 23 years, I have cervical stenosis plus a herniated disc s1l5 plus Ddd and a whole lot of other things on my back. The pain is killing me and I can't stop working. My arms and legs hurt badly and sitting is agony. Anyway, to the point. I've been prescribed tramadol for pain. I never wanted it but I can no longer live in this pain. I'm reading confusing posts as to how tramadol can increase benzo wd sxs. Any experience in this? I don't want to hear how bad tramadol is. What I'd like to know is : is anyone here on tramadol while successfully tapering Valium? Thanks for reading. I'd post more often if my arms weren't killing me.

HI-  I don’t really know the answer but I had to take pain meds at times when I was DT because of severe headaches and severe muscle and joint pain, I didn’t notice it making my sx worse.  I did help relieve my pain, and that seemed to make my w/d sx more doable.  Pain in itself can cause so many problems.  I was careful to only take the pain meds for a few days.  I was reading some links on pain meds and benzo’s but really couldn’t make heads or tails of it. 

I hope you can get some relief, and that it doesn’t cause you any increased sx.

Marie

Thank you Marie 😊👌

I haven't posted much on this thread, but saw this. I found this info from Dr. Reg Pert, who himself went through benzo W/D and has been very involved in the benzo community as both a doctor of physics and a former patient. 

Tramadol (ultram), has additional effects on the brain besides its opiate mode of action. Mainly the serotonin system and there have been a handful of negative reports of tramadol's effects whislt in benzo withdrawal. It is hard to have a firm opinion on tramadol as the negative reports are limited to a handful of personal anecdotal reports of people in recovery from benzodiazepine dependence. Opiate dependency does not tend to cause the serious cognitive and psychiatric and physical toxicity/damage for example that benzodiazepines or alcohol seem to induce in many people and the withdrawal syndrome is typically shorter and less pronounced than benzo withdrawal lasting a few days to a few weeks typically. So if you need to take pain killers for chronic or occasional pain relief you are still fully capable of recovering from the effects benzodiazepines.

I emphasized some of the points he made. Anecdotal and handful indicates a questionable minority. The last sentence says it all. He's saying it's okay, and evidence is lacking that it would cause problems. You shouldn't have to be suffering the pain caused by your conditions on top of W/D.

I've had chronic intractable pain issues dating back to when my car was hit by a drunk driver in 1993. I was on opiates for around 20 years, until I went to a pain clinic and got treated by one of the USA's top 100 Physiatrists. I had Radio Frequency Nerve Ablations done, and 5 years ago I became opiate free. I tapered on my own, at home. All I use now is prescription Lidocaine 5% ointment, and the occasional NSAID or Tylenol as needed, but I mostly don't need them as I use anti-inflammatory supplements. If you haven't already, RFA is an option you might want to consider in the future.

ETA: To clarify Dr Pert is not an MD, he's got a Phd in Physics.

I haven't posted much on this thread, but saw this. I found this info from Dr. Reg Pert, who himself went through benzo W/D and has been very involved in the benzo community as both a doctor and a former patient. 

Tramadol (ultram), has additional effects on the brain besides its opiate mode of action. Mainly the serotonin system and there have been a handful of negative reports of tramadol's effects whislt in benzo withdrawal. It is hard to have a firm opinion on tramadol as the negative reports are limited to a handful of personal anecdotal reports of people in recovery from benzodiazepine dependence. Opiate dependency does not tend to cause the serious cognitive and psychiatric and physical toxicity/damage for example that benzodiazepines or alcohol seem to induce in many people and the withdrawal syndrome is typically shorter and less pronounced than benzo withdrawal lasting a few days to a few weeks typically. So if you need to take pain killers for chronic or occasional pain relief you are still fully capable of recovering from the effects benzodiazepines.

I emphasized some of the points he made. Anecdotal and handful indicates a questionable minority. The last sentence says it all. He's saying it's okay, and evidence is lacking that it would cause problems. You shouldn't have to be suffering the pain caused by your conditions on top of W/D.

I've had chronic intractable pain issues dating back to when my car was hit by a drunk driver in 1993. I was on opiates for around 20 years, until I went to a pain clinic and got treated by one of the USA's top 100 Physiatrists. I had Radio Frequency Nerve Ablations done, and 5 years ago I became opiate free. I tapered on my own, at home. All I use now is prescription Lidocaine 5% ointment, and the occasional NSAID or Tylenol as needed, but I mostly don't need them as I use anti-inflammatory supplements. If you haven't already, RFA is an option you might want to consider in the future.

BenzoLottie thanks for taking the time to post this. TBH I no longer give a damn about addiction to anything anymore. I have lumbar stenosis, cervical stenosis, I live in pain 24/7 and in the meantime I work self employed and raise a teenager on my own with no child support from anyone. On top of it, last week they found than I have a rare type of blood cancer called  walderstroms macroglobulinemia. It's not like I'm going to die tomorrow but it's not good either. I have to go to at least three doctors or medical tests a week, work, raise my kid, deal with finances etc and all this in agonic pain. I give up. I just want something to ease the pain, tramadol or whatever. And I don't need it occasionally, I need it every single day of my crappy life. I still try to taper the  benzo but I'm so kindled that I really feel the last cut of only 0.10, but of course I'm sure all this health stress and the pain can sure bring about a wave as we all know. Or it could be the tramadol but I know this satanic drug (valium) well enough to know this level of stress always threw me into a wave. I'm going through the worst time of my life excluding my teens, which were hell. I don't know when the nice part of my life comes. Sorry for the rant. I'd continue ranting for two more hours but my arm pain is killing me. God bless you for reaching out to help.

You do what you need to do to get some relief Vali.  I totally agree with you, you can only take so much.  I am allergic to opioids or I might be searching for something to take besides nsaids and Tylenol.  I am sorry about the new problem that was found.  You have too much to be responsible for.

I love ya girl.  Please keep us posted on what you do.    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  Mary 🙏😘

You do what you need to do to get some relief Vali.  I totally agree with you, you can only take so much.  I am allergic to opioids or I might be searching for something to take besides nsaids and Tylenol.  I am sorry about the new problem that was found.  You have too much to be responsible for.

I love ya girl.  Please keep us posted on what you do.    :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:  Mary 🙏😘

Thank you Mary, and I have lupus! Really I'm thinking there must be a hidden camera sometimes. Yes if tramadol does not work I'll tell them they either fix this with surgery, give me a disability pension or give me a stronger drug if I have to work 13 more years. Have you tried Marijuana Mary. I hate it, but it works for some people. I hope you get some relief somehow. Sending you a hug from cripple to cripple.

Mary, I agree with Vali, MJ might be a good solution for you. I saw that your state’s government is trying to expand medical MJ, hopefully that means easier access for those who really need it (it helps with my aches and pains a lot, plus improved sleep is wonderful).

Thank you Mary, and I have lupus! Really I'm thinking there must be a hidden camera sometimes. Yes if tramadol does not work I'll tell them they either fix this with surgery, give me a disability pension or give me a stronger drug if I have to work 13 more years. Have you tried Marijuana Mary. I hate it, but it works for some people. I hope you get some relief somehow. Sending you a hug from cripple to cripple.

I can't do the marijuana thing either, it also makes me sick.  Now I could drink like hell and take speed but no marijuana or opioids.    :crazy:  I have tried so many pain creams , including just the Hemp with no thc.  It helps so little or for short of time.  But, there are lots of people that get benefits from it.  Katz even makes her own tincture.  I hope you find something, I really do  :smitten: :smitten:

I can't do the marijuana thing either, it also makes me sick.  Now I could drink like hell and take speed but no marijuana or opioids.    :crazy:  I have tried so many pain creams , including just the Hemp with no thc.  It helps so little or for short of time.  But, there are lots of people that get benefits from it.  Katz even makes her own tincture.  I hope you find something, I really do  :smitten: :smitten:

I hear you. I could live in a wine barrel but no mj either 😂

So if you need to take pain killers for chronic or occasional pain relief you are still fully capable of recovering from the effects benzodiazepines.[/quote

BenzoLottie thanks for taking the time to post this. TBH I no longer give a damn about addiction to anything anymore. I have lumbar stenosis, cervical stenosis, I live in pain 24/7 and in the meantime I work self employed and raise a teenager on my own with no child support from anyone. On top of it, last week they found than I have a rare type of blood cancer called  walderstroms macroglobulinemia. It's not like I'm going to die tomorrow but it's not good either. I have to go to at least three doctors or medical tests a week, work, raise my kid, deal with finances etc and all this in agonic pain. I give up. I just want something to ease the pain, tramadol or whatever. And I don't need it occasionally, I need it every single day of my crappy life. I still try to taper the  benzo but I'm so kindled that I really feel the last cut of only 0.10, but of course I'm sure all this health stress and the pain can sure bring about a wave as we all know. Or it could be the tramadol but I know this satanic drug (valium) well enough to know this level of stress always threw me into a wave. I'm going through the worst time of my life excluding my teens, which were hell. I don't know when the nice part of my life comes. Sorry for the rant. I'd continue ranting for two more hours but my arm pain is killing me. God bless you for reaching out to help.

I have both lumbar and cervical stenosis, occipital neuralgia, plus my right shoulder and hip suffered permanent damage from the car accident. I do understand pain. Dr Pert says if you need Tramdol for chronic pain, it's okay to take it. If it helps you function and lessens the pain, you should take it. He points out that Tramadol is unlikely to effect benzo W/D, so you're probably right that stress from everything going on in your life is likely the culprit. I'm so sorry for all you're going through, and no apologies needed for the rant, sometimes we need to just rant and get it out of your system. So rant away, chronic pain sister! I hope the Tramadol gives you some relief. Also, check into the Lidocaine 5% ointment, it'll take sometime to feel it's effects, but it works well for lumbar and cervical pain. You can apply it up to 3 x's a day. 

I hear you. I could live in a wine barrel but no mj either 😂

:laugh:  :mybuddy: :mybuddy:

So if you need to take pain killers for chronic or occasional pain relief you are still fully capable of recovering from the effects benzodiazepines.[/quote

I have both lumbar and cervical stenosis, occipital neuralgia, plus my right shoulder and hip suffered permanent damage from the car accident. I do understand pain. Dr Pert says if you need Tramdol for chronic pain, it's okay to take it. If it helps you function and lessens the pain, you should take it. He points out that Tramadol is unlikely to effect benzo W/D, so you're probably right that stress from everything going on in your life is likely the culprit. I'm so sorry for all you're going through, and no apologies needed for the rant, sometimes we need to just rant and get it out of your system. So rant away, chronic pain sister! I hope the Tramadol gives you some relief. Also, check into the Lidocaine 5% ointment, it'll take sometime to feel it's effects, but it works well for lumbar and cervical pain. You can apply it up to 3 x's a day.

Benzolottie I'm so glad I've found a fellow stenosis sufferer here on BBs.  Have you had surgery? They want to send me first to the pain doctor to have injections but no thank you , because I don't want needles so close to my spinal cord and I hear it hurts a lot and then many people can't see any benefit from it, so I won't do it. I have very bad pain in arms, hands, shoulders, however I think my lumbar stenosis is more dangerous due to loss of strength in my legs. I can hardly stand for one minute, I carry a little folding chair everywhere to stand in lines in shops and hospitals. I tried a walker but it forces me to walk bent so that's no good. The neurosurgeon saw my MRI from two years ago and he said it's still not operatable, however I have done a recent MRI and I'm taking it to him this Wednesday, to see what he says. I hope I can get surgery. I'm very scared of surgery because as you know, sometimes you can come out worse than you were, but I have to give it a try because this lack of srength in legs is a sign I think that this is not going to be reversible without surgery. I've tried everything else already, pilates, yoga, etc. Now I'm in such bad condition concerning my lumbar vertebrae that even doing abs makes me limp severely and have leg cramps the day after. Walking is good, but as my legs have no strength, I'm forcing the knee tendons even by only standing, not to mention walking, and then my knees are hurting badly and I'm afraid this will also end up in a knee injury due to the lack of strength in legs because the nerve is pinched and it doesn't send the signal for the muscles to work.

I have a big posterocentral herniated disc in s1l5 and then two bulging in l4l5 and l4 l3 and degenerative discs in those three discs and he basically said I have the back of a 70 year old. The lack of strength is scarier than the pain. I hope he says they can operate. I see him wednesday. Then in three weeks I see another neurosurgeon, to have both opinions.

I bought something similar to this for my neck and it has literally just arrived, I wonder what you think of it.

https://www.wish.com/product/5c9ddec48de7960e622f6641?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=ES&_force_currency_code=EUR&pid=googleadwords_int&c=%7BcampaignId%7D&ad_cid=5c9ddec48de7960e622f6641&ad_cc=ES&ad_lang=EN&ad_curr=EUR&ad_price=6.00&campaign_id=9044277795&exclude_install=true&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-LOEBhDCARIsABrC0TmX9C99Vchv4Vpmcz85t_Rpes7dW6-RM0C5_EF4lkwqQlww1tLwwF0aAnBBEALw_wcB&share=web

I feel for you guys.. It all a little close to home, but I kinda feel somewhat lucky..

Val, I dont really have anything to add to whats been said, -Just that Tramadol will probs mask many direct Benzo sx quite well, as pain meds tend to do from my experience..

And if Tramadol is problematic, ie. nausea that its well known for in certain people, then a pain med specialist will find a better option.. There are so many options now, and some quite specialised in how they work..

Anyways, just a HI, and another crippled hug to add to the list..

-So sorry to hear of your struggles..

Wishing you better days ahead..

:)

I feel for you guys.. It all a little close to home, but I kinda feel somewhat lucky..

Val, I dont really have anything to add to whats been said, -Just that Tramadol will probs mask many direct Benzo sx quite well, as pain meds tend to do from my experience..

And if Tramadol is problematic, ie. nausea that its well known for in certain people, then a pain med specialist will find a better option.. There are so many options now, and some quite specialised in how they work..

Anyways, just a HI, and another crippled hug to add to the list..

-So sorry to hear of your struggles..

Wishing you better days ahead..

:)

Hi Cantfly, thanks for joining us. I was thinking of you as I know you've gone through such a physical ordeal. I appreciate your concern. So you don't see any problem with tramadol and benzo withdrawal either? It doesn't give me any nausea. It doesn't do wonders for the pain either but better than paracetamol for sure, and without destroying my stomach like NSAIDs do. I hope your sons are doing fine and that life is giving you a break.