45 Days Benzo Free

[De...]

[De...]

Hi all,

I’ve been off the forum for a bit but wanted to share I’m now 45 days clean from my last benzo, 60 days clean from my last ambien. No magic solution, 5 days detox, 35 days in treatment. I’m also 2 weeks off gabepentin, which was a huge help in getting clean. Getting off gabepentin was weird, but not painful like benzos.

Its still a huge amount of work and I have some very tough days still but they seem to be more and more spaced out. 

Will come back in a few months to let everyone know how I’m doing.

Sending love. 

• Like 5

[Rh...]

Congrats on getting off all those things! Continued healing!!!  

Looking forward to an update in a few months and hope things just get better and better!

Edited by [Rh...]
Added info
  • Love 1

[ba...]

🎊! Testament centres ruined my reputation, money, years and years of using. I guess they could work for some people. I've been using benzos for decades when I came home from the second one about 4 years ago maybe 3.5 years ago I was having such bad hallucinations all day. I would lie in bed from 4 pm until I was begged to visit guests or something

I think I escaped the house as I was living with parents and spouse and more and I got some zoppiclone which got me able to use the phone which led to benzos. 

I would have died. But congrats this time maybe my taper will be better as I'm outpatient.

Gotta get to bed yikes Todd and turn. Good night from Vancouver bc.

On 23/04/2024 at 20:27, [[D...] said:

Hi all,

I’ve been off the forum for a bit but wanted to share I’m now 45 days clean from my last benzo, 60 days clean from my last ambien. No magic solution, 5 days detox, 35 days in treatment. I’m also 2 weeks off gabepentin, which was a huge help in getting clean. Getting off gabepentin was weird, but not painful like benzos.

Its still a huge amount of work and I have some very tough days still but they seem to be more and more spaced out. 

Sending love. 

Very glad to hear it! Congratulations buddy!

• Love 1

[ba...]

@[De...] just wanted to say congratulations as well. I got lucky and unlucky for the taper. Pregablin is on the same family as gabapentin but many times stronger. I used high doses for a few years of use. I'm using it now and it helps tremendously even now and I'm not really taking more than prescribed.

Doctor didn't decrease clonazepam but sliced the pregablin dose in half. I think it's because I asked for higher dose mirtazipine but someone on the site confirmed Google searches which showed mirtazipine is more sedating at low doses.

I'll be done pregablin early now as I started it for nerve pain.

Doctor starting to change tones.

I mean wow. 

Congrats again. Oh and I closing I find clonodine helps a bit for anxiety.

On 26/04/2024 at 23:25, [[b...] said:

🎊! Testament centres ruined my reputation, money, years and years of using. I guess they could work for some people. I've been using benzos for decades when I came home from the second one about 4 years ago maybe 3.5 years ago I was having such bad hallucinations all day. I would lie in bed from 4 pm until I was begged to visit guests or something

I think I escaped the house as I was living with parents and spouse and more and I got some zoppiclone which got me able to use the phone which led to benzos. 

I would have died. But congrats this time maybe my taper will be better as I'm outpatient.

Gotta get to bed yikes Todd and turn. Good night from Vancouver bc.

I hope you are getting better friend.

On 25/04/2024 at 10:04, [[R...] said:

Congrats on getting off all those things! Continued healing!!!  

Looking forward to an update in a few months and hope things just get better and better!

Yessir. I will be sure to come back and keep you updated. 

• Like 1

Wow -- a success story from a detox center. Shows that not everyone needs a slow taper but you never know which group you're in, until you're in it!:laugh:.

Thanks Denver and good luck to u and @[Ca...] good LUCK. SOME treatment centre doctors will continue a taper after but u need this in writing onviously.  But thodr are 60000 at least for good ones. 

Plus your with other addicts and more. 

On 23/04/2024 at 19:27, [[D...] said:

Hi all,

Sending love. 

Congratulations! Fantastic work!

God bless you!

My damage has already been done. I needed a microtaper. I wish I had found BB before I wasted my money and inficted the neural damage. I found I was mostly with older alcoholics.

On 02/05/2024 at 13:17, [[b...] said:

Thanks Denver and good luck to u and @[Ca...] good LUCK. SOME treatment centre doctors will continue a taper after but u need this in writing onviously.  But thodr are 60000 at least for good ones. 

Plus your with other addicts and more. 

Most really good treatment centers shouldn’t plan to taper you after, but I know some do. In my case, I established the taper in my detox before treatment. Detox was healthy for me to get my taper figured out. Detox also cold turkeyed me on Ambien which probably saved my life and made it possible to taper off K in 21 days. I wouldnt have signed up if they didn’t plan to get me off those drugs in treatment. I would never have gotten clean if they discharged me on drugs. 

being with other addicts was hugely helpful for me even though I was technically just dependent and not an addict (I took benzos as “prescribed”). Addict or not, it was hugely helpful for me because other people (especially achoholics), know how hard the withdrawal was and picked me up during some seriously low moments post-jump. Treatment also gave me some very helpful skills to work on so I don’t relapse. I’m also in SMART recovery, which is another story but has been a life saver for me post treatment.

On 02/05/2024 at 19:25, [[b...] said:

Your scaring me about gqbapentin. I'm on lyrica and scared it's potent. I'm tapering that as well. No choice

Are you currently on Gab? I found it to be super easy to quit cold turkey and barely noticed a change. I was only on for a month but my dosage was pretty high. 

On 01/05/2024 at 23:18, [[C...] said:

Wow -- a success story from a detox center. Shows that not everyone needs a slow taper but you never know which group you're in, until you're in it!:laugh:.

Totally. Everyone is different. Treatment is by far a shorter path but very painful. I had some very low and scary moments during my taper. 

No I discovered lyrica aka pregablin. Many times more potent than gabapentin. Ambien is a monster srug especially the real ambien in canada its not that strong. In India its stronger than Xanax. 

I abused it badly for a few years while abusing benzos was twenty years unfortunately.

Treatment centre patients are what makes them good. The staff just are cash takes then after they lie and do whatever. I also didn't know that much and didn't have much confidence to ask and get the taper in writing.

I called many treatment centre's in canada and the good ones were all over 50000 at least. I have a 5 year old leaving him would be a killer. He would have fine insane without me. Maybe God intervened as I made appointments with so many doctors phone appointments. I magically discovered the current one who'd a scientist as well. 

He punished me without notice. Left my clonazepam alone for 14 more days at 5.5. Increased a harmless drug mirtazipine to 45 mg (he could have said thirty is enough). Then he cuts my pregablin in half from 600 which is daily max and I initially took for testicular pain after surgery. 

Now I'm stuck in a home with 80 year old parents my brother his wife and there 7 months old. It's painful as they don't understand. They think 8 months should be the max but they don't get it. I have slept 2 hours max 3 in 5 days. Tonight will be six. 

Internet and people here say low doses of mirtazipine is more sedating but today I called shoppers drug mart and the pharmacist said the opposite. So I will be taking 45 mg.

I am tapering the lyrica and I have an appointment with the doc in two days. Im gonna say u can drop the mirtazipine as I need my pregablin (pregablin is expensive).

Funny thing is I went to a pain clinic and the doctor was nice. He prescribed clonidine and a few days ago he prescribed dayvigo and a muscle relaxant as well. Like I don't get it? Didn't he see what I'm taking lol? If I filled the cycobenziprine and the dayvigo I risked losing my doctor thus I made an appointment.

Lastly since this doctor doesn't seem as strict and seems to be able to take over the taper I am confused what is going on. Changing doctors is a big risk I may lose both right? I am trying to figure this out but I'm getting hallucinations and hearing things.

I'll keep you guys updated. I also found an old bottle of thirty zoplicone but that didn't help however it helps during the day. I took a few only I. Five days. 

I am under supervision lol until the taper ends thinks my dad and brother but I can't stand being around them. It's getting very hard. 

I'll keep u updated.

OH AND THE SECOND TREATMENT CWNTRE TAPERWD ME IN 45 DAYS A FEE YEARS AGO. I WAS HAVING SEIZURES AND FEELINGS SO BAD I COULDNT EVEN SPEAK. I WOULD STAY IN BED FOR A MONTH. FINALLY I TOOK MY DADS ATIVAN BECAME ALIVE AND BROKE OUT FAR ENOUGH TO GET A FRIEND TO DELIEVER ME SOME PILLS. 

THANKS SO MUCH AND CONGRATS ON PULLING THROUGH DENVER. YOUR SETTTING AFTER A TTRAATNENT CENTRE MATTERS ALOT. BEING JAILED IS NOT AN ANSWER. 

KEEP U UPDATED THANKS EVEYONE FOR HEARING MY LIFE STORY!