The Voice of Withdrawal; silenced.

[Ho...]

Hope, was it your experience that you began to feel better during your taper, or did recovery hit you all at once?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ca...]

• [pa...]

• [Sv...]

Hope, was it your experience that you began to feel better during your taper, or did recovery hit you all at once?

At the start I had good and bad days, but at some point the good days were more than the bad. Then the bad days got gradually better. There came a point where I was 90% myself. It was at that point that I decided tapering such tiny amounts wasn't doing anything for me so I jumped. Since then, I'm feeling much more myself. Yes...I do have a few moments where I'm feeling not quite myself but I don't dwell on them and they pass quickly.

I am incredibly happy for you HOPE! I hope all the voices of withdrawal are soon silenced. Thank you for sharing your success story!

LOVE,

Chrysanthemum

I am incredibly happy for you HOPE! I hope all the voices of withdrawal are soon silenced. Thank you for sharing your success story!

LOVE,

Chrysanthemum

Thank you Chrys. I have the same hope.  :smitten:

Congratulations Hope!!!  A wonderful Success Story.... welcome to your "new Life"..  What a wonderful birthday you will have this month, huh?

Love you,

Pattylu

Wow I hope to be like u one day. I'm so angry at myself for letting it go on for this long.  >:(. But one thing I have trouble with is patience.  I'm not that strong but I am going tobtry :(

Wow I hope to be like u one day. I'm so angry at myself for letting it go on for this long.  >:(. But one thing I have trouble with is patience.  I'm not that strong but I am going tobtry :(

Hi klonobad,

Don't be angry with yourself. That doesn't help...trust me, I've been there.  :-\  I also understand the need to get this all over with as soon as possible. It seems that it should be so easy to just stop taking these little pills. I'm reliving the frustration just typing that.

I tried not to dwell on the taper. I would think about it every Sunday night when I cut all my pills then tried to get on with things as best I could for the rest of the week. I would often push out these kinds of frustrating thoughts because I knew they really weren't helping me or my recovery.

I think you're stronger than you think.  :)

Thank you, but I am a medical person and I should of known better.  I am going to try again  but I am just really scared.  I still want to be off by my birthday in August. I thought a goal would be a good idea but I guess not :-[

Thank you, but I am a medical person and I should of known better.  I am going to try again  but I am just really scared.  I still want to be off by my birthday in August. I thought a goal would be a good idea but I guess not :-[

Just the same, being angry at yourself isn't going to help. It feels awful, klonobad. :-\ I wonder if it's time to let go of that anger and forgive yourself.

Dear klonobad,

I had this very conversation with my counselor yesterday. I'm a nurse...should had researched rx'ed drugs better...how could I have done this...ect. Hope is right, you have to forgive yourself. I am working on that. We have to treat ourselves like others in the same position : be loving and kind and open our hearts to forgiveness. This is a long process and if we kick ourselves in the fanny the whole way we will be miserable. Take good care. You are in good company here.

Carita

What an inspiring story...!!    Thank you for sharing this.... :)

I'm glad you found it inspiring Scalett62. I'm afraid it wasn't written as well as it could have been but I'm glad I got my thoughts across.  :)

Congrats Hope!!! I am so very happy for you!!! Way to go! Thanks for sharing your story and for all you have done at BB for me and others. You are amazing! Enjoy your beautiful healed life!

Congrats Hope!!! I am so very happy for you!!! Way to go! Thanks for sharing your story and for all you have done at BB for me and others. You are amazing! Enjoy your beautiful healed life!

Thanks so much CW. I so glad you pop in now and then.  :smitten:

Congratulations Hope

You have a very encouraging story.  I started out at more than 3 mg of klonopin and am now down to 4.5 mg of Valium after 19 months.  I do have withdrawal symptoms and at times they seem to get better despite the cut rate.  Can you say what dose you jumped from?

I have several more months of tapering but am really looking forward to the end.

Thanks for providing your story,

Golden

Congratulations Hope

You have a very encouraging story.  I started out at more than 3 mg of klonopin and am now down to 4.5 mg of Valium after 19 months.  I do have withdrawal symptoms and at times they seem to get better despite the cut rate.  Can you say what dose you jumped from?

I have several more months of tapering but am really looking forward to the end.

Thanks for providing your story,

Golden

Hi Golden,

Actually, I just added a link to my Progress Log to my original post of my Success Story. I should have done that eariler.

Here is the link for it: 

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php/topic,73361.0.html

I jumped from .043 mgs Clonazepam (this is equivalent to .86 mgs of valium)

I'm glad to your symptoms seem to get better. I often noticed a pattern of symptoms linked to my cut but there were times there seemed to be no pattern at all.

I believe I triggered benzo withdrawal by coming off clonazapam too quickly. The last reduction of 0.25 mg put me into a tailspin and floored my anxiety. Any recommendation as to how to fix this?!  Please?!

I believe I triggered benzo withdrawal by coming off clonazapam too quickly. The last reduction of 0.25 mg put me into a tailspin and floored my anxiety. Any recommendation as to how to fix this?!  Please?!

This is how I started my taper, Svenhoak. I cut much too much and I too was in a tailspin. I had to hold on that dose until I felt better. Then I started a more reasonable taper.

Your symptoms will quieten down. When was your last reduction?

Re: Hope1962's jump

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »

Healed!

Dear Hope, when I read this today I felt like I needed to here those words. Healed! I cant tell you what that meant to me today. Thankyou for your story. And Thankyou for all you do. Have a beautiful day.

Love Jackie :smitten:

Re: Hope1962's jump

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 08:05:34 pm »

Healed!

Dear Hope, when I read this today I felt like I needed to here those words. Healed! I cant tell you what that meant to me today. Thankyou for your story. And Thankyou for all you do. Have a beautiful day.

Love Jackie :smitten:

I'm so glad if any of my words helped you, Jackie. That's why it's so important that our healed members post their success stories.  :thumbsup:

Hugs to you Jackie. :smitten:

hi hope,

thank you so much for your posting. i have been reading it almost everyday.

going through so many symptoms, it's very hard to look on the positive side. (i already was too symptomatic since taking the poisons.)

trying not to get discouraged best as i could, and reading your post helps a lot. :thumbsup:

can't wait to get out of this "benzo hell" soon.

Hope,

I am so mad I didn't see this earlier. I am so happy for you and elated. You have been there for everyone and I am beyond happy for you. For me

it was always so nice to reach you at any hour of the day. I know we are on different time zones. I do know that that meant you usually weren't sleeping

well. You have gone thru this taper with so much grace and dignity. I am just so glad that we tapered at the same time and could go thru this

together. I wish I could buy you a big snow globe and put the BB star in there.

xoxo

Pam