The Voice of Withdrawal; silenced.

[Ho...]

Dear Hope

After what I was told today by a medical professional and then I read what you have written I know who I would rather believe and the reason is because their opinion is text book and yours is for real.

I would like to say thank you once again for all your help on the forum and it is this that I needed to read as you have always been honest as do the other moderators and those that I feel do a lot of welcoming to those that have found this site if only I had found this forum before. The what if's.

Duck :smitten:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ca...]

• [pa...]

• [Sv...]

Dear Hope,

I can't tell you how much I needed to read a new success story!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your words. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Dear Hope

After what I was told today by a medical professional and then I read what you have written I know who I would rather believe and the reason is because their opinion is text book and yours is for real.

I would like to say thank you once again for all your help on the forum and it is this that I needed to read as you have always been honest as do the other moderators and those that I feel do a lot of welcoming to those that have found this site if only I had found this forum before. The what if's.

Duck :smitten:

Hi DD,

I so appreciate your words of support. Thank you.  :)

Knowing what I do now I wish I had sped up my taper a little. I think it was too long. After the initial 50% cut I guess I freaked myself out and became overly cautious. My taper rate was about 6% every two weeks. Strangely, for me, the lower I got on my dose the easier it got for me which seems to be the opposite of the experience of most on the forum. I could have probably sped things up at some point.

Hang in DD. You know I'm here whenever you need me.  :smitten:

Dear Hope,

I can't tell you how much I needed to read a new success story!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your words. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Sundowner,

I'm so glad I could provide you with a new success story. It's so important that our members write a success story for this very reason.

Hi Hope. :) It brings me much joy reading your success story. I am so happy for you. :) Thankyou for reaching out to so many. You are a blessing and I'm grateful, you are well.

Snoball :)

Hi Hope -

I saw that you wrote a success story and I had to stop by and say congratulations! I have only been around for a few months but I've seen countless times where you've offered encouragement, support, advice, direction, and hope  :) to BB'ers experiencing confusion and despair. I'm really happy you have healed so quickly after you taper - you deserve it!

Best to you,

-MS

Hope,

I am floored by your success story, it is probably the one story that i fully grasped out of them all, i believe every word and yes, the voice that says we are damaged is so convincing at times, i so relate to that as i have that often.

Thank you so much for your story and all that you do here, i have not offered much support to you in the past but i know you have helped others here through your suffering and you have now healed, it is simply wonderful.

Thank you for sharing such a terrific story and what a happy outcome, i will read this many times until i am there myself and i know many others will for a very, very long time to come, in many ways, you just shared your name, "hope" and that is a wonderful gift you just gave to others still in this.

Well done.

Hugs,

Oscar

Hope,

I am floored by your success story, it is probably the one story that i fully grasped out of them all, i believe every word and yes, the voice that says we are damaged is so convincing at times, i so relate to that as i have that often.

Thank you so much for your story and all that you do here, i have not offered much support to you in the past but i know you have helped others here through your suffering and you have now healed, it is simply wonderful.

Thank you for sharing such a terrific story and what a happy outcome, i will read this many times until i am there myself and i know many others will for a very, very long time to come, in many ways, you just shared your name, "hope" and that is a wonderful gift you just gave to others still in this.

Well done.

Hugs,

Oscar

Thank you Oscar. I know you will be where I am sooner than you think. :smitten:

Hope,

I don't think we've ever interacted here, but I have been feeling pretty dark for about a week now, so I'm on the success story board looking for inspiration.... I have found a great deal of it in your post; congratulations, and thank you. All of the success stories here are encouraging, but it helps that our back stories with klonopin are similar. I have a long way to go, but I know healing is waiting for menon the other side of this fog. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Hope.............thank you for your post.i like many on this forum so need to hear these stories that we will be well again.i have had a long journey and still healing.im 3 yrs off benzo,but ony 11 months of a/d so that has set me back along way.you have done really well and i am so pleased for you,getting your life back.i am blessed to have you as a bb,and i will try not to listen to that voice in my head.best wishes for the future  :)..............happy easter...........xxx

luv chrissy  :smitten: :smitten:

Hope,

I don't think we've ever interacted here, but I have been feeling pretty dark for about a week now, so I'm on the success story board looking for inspiration.... I have found a great deal of it in your post; congratulations, and thank you. All of the success stories here are encouraging, but it helps that our back stories with klonopin are similar. I have a long way to go, but I know healing is waiting for menon the other side of this fog. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Hourglass,

I remember that darkness all too well. It will lift. It will be a thing of the past but I know you know that, from reading your post. I had some very, very bad days. There were times I thought my life was all but over. All of that is gone now. All of the voices that told me I was doomed are gone. You're going to heal. Just hang on and believe that when you can.

Thank you for your post.  :)

Hi Hope.............thank you for your post.i like many on this forum so need to hear these stories that we will be well again.i have had a long journey and still healing.im 3 yrs off benzo,but ony 11 months of a/d so that has set me back along way.you have done really well and i am so pleased for you,getting your life back.i am blessed to have you as a bb,and i will try not to listen to that voice in my head.best wishes for the future  :)..............happy easter...........xxx

luv chrissy  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Chrissy,

I'm sorry you're still having problems. Yes, do try not to listen to that voice. I know it's hard...and some days it's impossible but keep fighting because one day this will be over and the more you've fought the sweeter the victory.

:smitten:

Powerful story Hope... You helped me so much when I was in the depths of hell and so many others.  You are very strong.  Congrats, Jess

Powerful story Hope... You helped me so much when I was in the depths of hell and so many others.  You are very strong.  Congrats, Jess

Thank you Jess. I'm happy if I helped even a little bit.  :smitten:

Hi Hope my friend :hug: how did I miss this thread!!

Wonderful news, you are healed, you deserve this for all the sleepness nights you had while tapering and running the forum. I do not know how you managed it, you must be made of tough stuff my girl :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your story it is inspirational, I hope life keeps getting better and better for you

((hugs))

Mags  :-*:smitten:

Hi Hope my friend :hug: how did I miss this thread!!

Wonderful news, you are healed, you deserve this for all the sleepness nights you had while tapering and running the forum. I do not know how you managed it, you must be made of tough stuff my girl :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your story it is inspirational, I hope life keeps getting better and better for you

((hugs))

Mags  :-*:smitten:

Thanks Mags. I was able to run the forum while tapering because I had a cracker-jack team to depend on... :smitten:

Dear Hope,

I too missed this thread..

What a wonderful post to read.  I am more than thrilled that you can report that life is returning to "normal" and that benzo withdrawal is becoming part of your past and no longer is part of your daily life.  I know you struggled hard and your healing is much deserved.

Thank you for all you have done and for giving inspiration to those of us following in your wake.

Enjoy all your new found wellbeing.

Hugs,

Betsy  :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Hope,

I am very happy for you. I wish you a great benzo-free life.    I'm just sad I did not find this forum sooner I would be at 3.3mg now and finishing up by the end of this summer.  I hope that your still here when I write my success story, figure that will be in about 2 years.

All my best wishes for you hope

Birdman

Hi Hope,

I am very happy for you. I wish you a great benzo-free life.    I'm just sad I did not find this forum sooner I would be at 3.3mg now and finishing up by the end of this summer.  I hope that your still here when I write my success story, figure that will be in about 2 years.

All my best wishes for you hope

Birdman

Hi Birdman,

Thank you for your well wishes. I'm sure I will still be here. Let's hope the remainder if your taper doesn't take that long. :)  I thought I'd still be tapering now but realized that I'd tapered long enough and that it was time to end it. I knew the small amount I was taking (the equivalent of just under 1 mg valium) couldn't have been having any effect on my brain. It didn't feel like it was.  I took the chance and jumped and am very glad I did or I'd still be tapering now.

Hope :smitten:

A BIG Congratulations to you, Hope!  Healed...wow!!!  You've been an amazing support to many of us.  I am so happy to hear of your healing and I know it is going to bring hope to so many who are still tapering. 

Thanks for all that you've done and continue to do.

Hugs,

Schatje

Thank you so much Schatje. I know one day very soon you will be writing your success story. Yours will be awesome.

Much love,

Hope :smitten: