Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Voice of Withdrawal; silenced.

[Ho...]

A bit of an update; I had a bit of recurrence of symptoms about a month ago as I've written about here but things have settled down and I'm feeling much better now.  :)

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ca...]

• [pa...]

• [Sv...]

Hi stillstuck,

Actually, I had done a very slow (too slow) taper. I feel I healed during the last 6 weeks of my taper. I felt like myself about 2 weeks after I jumped. Then a few weeks ago I hit a bit of a wave. It wasn't horrible and I was able to function. I expect I will probably hit another wave so I'm prepared for anything that might come my way.  :thumbsup:

It must be wonderful to have a window, i have never had one.

Im just wondering what it feels like, im now drug free but everything is over sensitive.

Does this mean im still along way from being well again.???????

Luv chrissy xx :smitten:

Hi Chrissy,

Having a window feels like how I felt before any of this benzo nonsense. For the most part I've been feeling fine with the occasional "reminder".

I think for some, the central nervous system can be sensitized for some time but eventually it will settle down. I wish I could say how long that will take for you Chrissy. I'm afraid I don't know but I do know that things should gradually get better for you. I'm sorry you've been having such a tough go with all of this.

Have you read this? http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=79098.0

It was written by a buddie named "Parker". It might help you to understand what's going on with your body. Many member say they felt much better with the understanding the got after reading that post.

I hope things get better for you very soon.

Hope

• 4 months later...

Hi Brenda,

I cut 6% of my dose, every 2 weeks. There were occasions that I had to hold due to some difficult symptoms. I also held for a number of months near the Christmas holidays.

At the start of my taper I cut way too much, way too fast. My initial cut was 50%. I was very will for several weeks. After that my cuts were 25%, 12%. Eventually, I decided to slow down to 6% cuts. I think I could have cut more (maybe 8%) but I got used to the 6% cuts so I just stuck with them.

[2c...]

Hi Brenda,

I cut 6% of my dose, every 2 weeks. There were occasions that I had to hold due to some difficult symptoms. I also held for a number of months near the Christmas holidays.

At the start of my taper I cut way too much, way too fast. My initial cut was 50%. I was very will for several weeks. After that my cuts were 25%, 12%. Eventually, I decided to slow down to 6% cuts. I think I could have cut more (maybe 8%) but I got used to the 6% cuts so I just stuck with them.

I bought online an electronic balance to measure my doses, however it will take a few days to arrive.

I answered you in the other thread.

thank you very much

You give me hope.  :smitten::thumbsup:

Hi Brenda,

I bought online an electronic balance to measure my doses, however it will take a few days to arrive.

I answered you in the other thread.

thank you very much

You give me hope.  :smitten::thumbsup:

You're very welcome.  :)

Hi Hope.

Congrats.

It looks like you tapered for 20 months and you said that the lower you went down in your dose, the better you felt.

Would u say that by the time you got down to the lower doses that enuf months went by to cover up the wd's that would have been there had you not tapered that long?

Did u direct taper or cross over to valium?

Hi Hope.

Congrats.

It looks like you tapered for 20 months and you said that the lower you went down in your dose, the better you felt.

Would u say that by the time you got down to the lower doses that enuf months went by to cover up the wd's that would have been there had you not tapered that long?

Hi mrtmeo,

First I'd like to say that part of that 20 months was a 4 month hold during Christmas and some other personal issues. However, if I could do it again I'd go a bit faster. I tapered at 6% every two weeks. I wish I'd attempted tapering at 10% every two weeks or so. It wouldn't have taken so long.

During the last half of my taper I was feeling better. By the last two months I was feeling almost normal. I know I was healing as I was tapering. So much, in fact, that by the time I jumped almost all of my healing was complete and the tiny bit I was taking wasn't having any effect whatsoever.  To directly answer your question; Yes, I think if I had done a faster taper I may have had a month or two of healing to do after I jumped after I jumped. My taper was needlessly slow but it was a learning experience that I use to help others on the forum.

I'm not sure if this answers your question. If not, let me know and I'll try to be more clear.  :)

I believe she direct tapered k and jumped from the eqivalent of .86 mg v. It is in her progress log.

bobo519 is correct. I used a jewelers scale to taper directly from k.  :thumbsup:

Hi Hope.

Congrats.

Hi mrtmeo,

First I'd like to say that part of that 20 months was a 4 month hold during Christmas and some other personal issues. However, if I could do it again I'd go a bit faster. I tapered at 6% every two weeks. I wish I'd attempted tapering at 10% every two weeks or so. It wouldn't have taken so long.

During the last half of my taper I was feeling better. By the last two months I was feeling almost normal. I know I was healing as I was tapering. So much, in fact, that by the time I jumped almost all of my healing was complete and the tiny bit I was taking wasn't having any effect whatsoever.  To directly answer your question; Yes, I think if I had done a faster taper I may have had a month or two of healing to do after I jumped after I jumped. My taper was needlessly slow but it was a learning experience that I use to help others on the forum.

I'm not sure if this answers your question. If not, let me know and I'll try to be more clear.  :)

Hi hope,

Yes, this answers my questions and thanks for the details.

Your story can definitely help those of us tapering.

Hi Hope.

Congrats.

Hi mrtmeo,

Hi hope,

Yes, this answers my questions and thanks for the details.

Your story can definitely help those of us tapering.

You're very welcome.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Hope,

I've been meaning to say Congratulations to you, but am not able to be here much.  CONGRATULATIONS HOPE!!!!  :)  I am so pleased for you that you are free and healed but for the occasional "reminder".  You were one of the first here to greet me when I joined, thank you.  Thank you for the continuing support you give to those here still struggling. 

Love S.

Dear Hope,

I've been meaning to say Congratulations to you, but am not able to be here much.  CONGRATULATIONS HOPE!!!!  :)  I am so pleased for you that you are free and healed but for the occasional "reminder".  You were one of the first here to greet me when I joined, thank you.  Thank you for the continuing support you give to those here still struggling. 

Love S.

Hi benzohno,

Thank you so much. I remember you well. I hope when you say you're not able to be on here much it's because you're out living your life :) (unless you live where I do. In which case you're buried under snow).  ???

Hope :smitten:

This was an incredible read...I feel so inspired and after reading Parker's post I have tears in my eyes. I've been so scared...my vestibular system is way off. But the last line is what I will carry with me...

"So - when you have symptoms - know that symptoms themselves are a way for you to know that healing is taking place."

Thank you for sharing your story and also referring people to Parker's post. I needed that today. I had my crying spell earier thinking I will never get well, I will never be balanced again, I will never run again...and then I prayed on it and ever since that prayer I have read multiple posts on success stories and heard some.

Thank you so much.

This was an incredible read...I feel so inspired and after reading Parker's post I have tears in my eyes. I've been so scared...my vestibular system is way off. But the last line is what I will carry with me...

"So - when you have symptoms - know that symptoms themselves are a way for you to know that healing is taking place."

Thank you for sharing your story and also referring people to Parker's post. I needed that today. I had my crying spell earier thinking I will never get well, I will never be balanced again, I will never run again...and then I prayed on it and ever since that prayer I have read multiple posts on success stories and heard some.

Thank you so much.

I know. Parker's post is awesome, isn't it? It give's such an understanding of what's going on and in understandable terms.

You will get better, LovingMother. Part of withdrawal is the doubt that we will heal. It seems to be a symptom as much as insomnia..etc.

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time. I know it can be rough but you have a whole forum of people who understand and know what you're going through and one day you will write your success story for the benefit of other members.

You will be yourself again one day. I've seen it time and time again. Hold on and believe in your body's ability to heal itself. You're healing all the time and will be well again.

Write me if you need to "talk". I'd be happy to support you through this.

Hope xxx

Hello Hope,

thank you for sharing your story. I'm just starting my taper and these uplifting stories are giving me hope, hope I really need. In the future I will be posting my success story on this page too! I am determined. Thank you so much for sharing.

God bless you.  :angel:

Hope, I'm really happy for you! My situation has been the exact opposite: the lower the K in my body, the more terrible symptoms I've had. I'm glad you were able to feel better as the drug got lower. Great to read about your success!

Hello Hope,

thank you for sharing your story. I'm just starting my taper and these uplifting stories are giving me hope, hope I really need. In the future I will be posting my success story on this page too! I am determined. Thank you so much for sharing.

God bless you.  :angel:

You sound like you have a great attitude, that's half the battle (well, maybe more than half). I have no doubt I'll be reading your Success Story very soon, BitgBangfan.

Oh btw.....

Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.  ;D

Hope, I'm really happy for you! My situation has been the exact opposite: the lower the K in my body, the more terrible symptoms I've had. I'm glad you were able to feel better as the drug got lower. Great to read about your success!

Your experience is much more common than my own. Try to hang in. You're doing great. Remember anything you're feeling can't hurt you. It just feels terrible....and this is temporary. You'll get through this, heal and be back to your life.

:smitten: