The Voice of Withdrawal; silenced.

[Ho...]

Hi Hope:

Congratulations on being healed. Everytime I hit a rough patch I read your success story with great HOPE!

Thank you for sharing your story and  the wonderful news that you are moving forward. Thats what HEALING

is all about.

Please come back once in a while to share your JOY!

Notforme :angel:

I'm glad if my story helps you in any little way, Notforme and I'm on the forum every day...not for the hours I used to be around but I'll always be around one way or another.  :smitten:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ho...]

• [Ca...]

• [pa...]

• [Sv...]

hi hope,

i am so happy for you. :thumbsup:

go and live your life to fullest. you definetly deserve it.

we sure will miss you though. :smitten:

hi hope,

i am so happy for you. :thumbsup:

go and live your life to fullest. you definetly deserve it.

we sure will miss you though. :smitten:

Hi pacific ocean,

Thank you so much. I will always pop in from time to time. I can't imagine not doing that. I love helping new members find their way and would never give that up.

Thank you for your support. It means so much to me.  :smitten:

Hi Hope

I read somewhere that you tapered 6% every two weeks.  Is that correct?  Did you do that all the way to the end or did you change it.  How long did you take for your taper?  It should like your method really worked for you.  I think we are all continually trying to find the right combination for our taper.  For me that seems to change.  I have had to adjust this taper throughout.

You are a model and a great success story.  It gives me inspiration.

Thanks

Golden

Hi Hope

I read somewhere that you tapered 6% every two weeks.  Is that correct?  Did you do that all the way to the end or did you change it.  How long did you take for your taper?  It should like your method really worked for you.  I think we are all continually trying to find the right combination for our taper.  For me that seems to change.  I have had to adjust this taper throughout.

Thanks

Golden

Hi Golden,

I think most of your questions could be answered on the first post of my progress log. Here's the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php/topic,73361.0.html

I have to go but I'll be back to reply properly to you later today. :)

Hi Hope

Thanks

Golden

Hi Goldenxoxo,

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I hope the link to my progress blog answered some of your questions. If not please feel free to ask me more.  :)

I often say you need to experment to find out what works best for you. The idea is to come off these medication as rapidly but as comfortably as possible. That often means cutting a little less or a little more. Until you find the right dosage that right for you.

I believe my taper was much too slow. I did taper 6% every 2 weeks but this was because I had cut 50% before I got benzo wise and I was very ill. So when I found BenzBuddies and learned about taper rates, I decided to err on the side of caution. But I was too cautious. I think I could have experimented a bit more and come off more rapidly. I guess my strong withdrawals after the 50% cut sort of frightened me so I slowed down way too much.

My taper lasted way too long. It took about 18 months. Keep in mind I held for 4 months during the Christmas season so this stretched it out much farther. If I could to it again, I'd have cut 10% every 10 days and jumped sooner.

I hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to post more questions. I enjoy helping even if it's just in a small way.

Hope  :smitten:

Hope!

I'm not on as much too, but it's nice to pop in and see the people I knew make it through. Let's everyone know it can be done.

Congrats,

Mike

Hi Hope

Thanks so much.  I did check out your story and your additional information was very helpful.  I am down to 3.32 mg today and I have continued to taper at .04 mg per day so I am losing about 1.1 mg this month.  Some of my very troublesome symptoms like stomach pain and severe head pressure have gotten so much better although other new symptoms have showed up.  I am thinking that healing does happen along the way and I am going to jump at some point below one milligram.

THIS would say I am doing pretty well except for 2 symptoms.  One is agoraphobia does not get any better and I never had this before benzos.  The other is leg pain in the leg that was broken during a hip replacement about 14 months ago.  The pain doesn't go away although it is not the same everyday and it feels weak.  The doctor assured me at Christmas time that it was not an infection but I am at a loss as to what to do.  It could just be withdrawal but maybe not.

Your story is very encouraging.  Thanks so much for relating your experience.

Golden

Hello Golden!

I too went through similar muscle and injury pain in the early stages of withdrawal. I think it must be some sort of mental imprinting.  Every place I had surgery, every old major injury hurt.

I signed up for hot yoga and go several times per week. That and a fair bit of physio and most of my pain is gone. I was also told to soak in the tub with some Epsom salts for ten minutes per day. I think it all helps. I'm back to playing soccer against "kids" half my age. Just no head butting the ball!

Now if I could just get rid of DP/DR.....

Hi Hope

Thanks so much.  I did check out your story and your additional information was very helpful.  I am down to 3.32 mg today and I have continued to taper at .04 mg per day so I am losing about 1.1 mg this month.  Some of my very troublesome symptoms like stomach pain and severe head pressure have gotten so much better although other new symptoms have showed up.  I am thinking that healing does happen along the way and I am going to jump at some point below one milligram.

THIS would say I am doing pretty well except for 2 symptoms.  One is agoraphobia does not get any better and I never had this before benzos.  The other is leg pain in the leg that was broken during a hip replacement about 14 months ago.  The pain doesn't go away although it is not the same everyday and it feels weak.  The doctor assured me at Christmas time that it was not an infection but I am at a loss as to what to do.  It could just be withdrawal but maybe not.

Your story is very encouraging.  Thanks so much for relating your experience.

Golden

Hi Golden,

There are some symptoms that are more stubborn that others. My insomnia was the last to go...it really hung on. I'm sorry about your leg. There are so many mysteries concerning withdrawal. I hope it improves soon.

Hello Golden!

I too went through similar muscle and injury pain in the early stages of withdrawal. I think it must be some sort of mental imprinting.  Every place I had surgery, every old major injury hurt.

I signed up for hot yoga and go several times per week. That and a fair bit of physio and most of my pain is gone. I was also told to soak in the tub with some Epsom salts for ten minutes per day. I think it all helps. I'm back to playing soccer against "kids" half my age. Just no head butting the ball!

Great suggestions. :thumbsup:

Hello Golden!

Svenhoak

Can you share what kind of surgeries or injuries caused you pain and how long it lasted.  This leg and hip pain just doesn't let up and hurts worse if I sleep on it.  I also have experienced a good bit of muscle wasting even though I go out for walks and hikes.

Thanks

Golden

Hello Golden!

I think the main ones that came out during withdrawal were my two inguinal hernias, and I also have four herniated discs in my back. This results in very intense pain in my mid to lower back, my chest, and pain that shoots down both legs, through my butt, into my knees and down to my feet. No words can describe the back pain at times.

It's dramatically less now at week nine. First few weeks it hit me like an arthritic reminder of the injuries. It came totally unprovoked and as such I assumed it was part of BDZ withdrawal. It was a bit rough during the earlier stages of my taper, but hit hard one week after my final dose. Doing much better now but it takes daily effort. I've lost close to twenty pounds and apparently look very different to my family and friends. All part of the process I suppose.

Hope that helps!

hi hope,

it's getting tougher and harder to endure for healing. i must be running out of patient and strength.

never been in a situation that i cannot control. please need your encouragement that everything will be alright.

trying to find every bit of strength that is left.

hi hope,

it's getting tougher and harder to endure for healing. i must be running out of patient and strength.

never been in a situation that i cannot control. please need your encouragement that everything will be alright.

trying to find every bit of strength that is left.

I know this feeling well, Pacific. There were days that were so dark for me. I was terrified I wouldn't heal...and on those days I thought there were only more of those dark days to come. That was a hard one for me. I was losing strength. I was a wreck. When I first experienced those days I let them get the better of me. I let them drain me of hope and strength. After a time I realized I couldn't keep letting that happen. I would start to ignore the voice in my head that told me to give up. I would actually say "stop" out loud. Doing this would give me a little strength back. It was a start. It was a tiny bit of fight in me that I didn't think I had left. Telling the voice to stop was a first step to taking as much control back into my life as I could. That was all I could muster...it was just one word but it was enough to keep me holding on some days.

Then those days got better. I didn't think it would happen but it did. It will for you. I know it's hard to see but you don't need to see it, you don't even need to believe it right now, pacific. All you have to do is tell that voice to "stop". Just for today. Even if you don't feel the strength you need, do it anyway...even if it's just going through the motions. Then one day, a day much sooner than you think...you're going to feel a little lighter...and soon all of this will be a distant memory.

You can do this. Your strength is still there. If it wasn't you wouldn't have written me. Your fight is still there. It's working for you. Have the faith in yourself that this is not going to stop you, that this is not going to define you. That this is not you. This is a small period of your life that sucks but it's not always going to be like this. You just have to get through today, Pacific. You just have to find enough strength for today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

You can do this. You will beat this. This is not stronger than you.

Thank you for the beautiful statement of encouragement Hope. Your success story is keeping me on my feet today. This is a test like no other. Pacific, have you read Hopes response? How are you managing today. Keep posting...we are here for you.

Carita

Dear Hope, you are a blessing to all of us. Thankyou!!  :angel:

Love Jackie :smitten: :smitten:

Aww...thank you Jackie. I'm happy if I can help in any small way.  :smitten:

Thank you for the beautiful statement of encouragement Hope. Your success story is keeping me on my feet today. This is a test like no other. Pacific, have you read Hopes response? How are you managing today. Keep posting...we are here for you.

Carita

Hi Carita,

I'm glad your staying on your feet today. Take this one day at a time. You're doing wonderfully.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

hi hope,

have not heard from you for a while. is this mean that you are having a happy life?

i sure hope that this is the case. surely miss you though. :smitten:

hi Pacific,

That's so sweet of you. I'm here every day. I can't imagine walking away from BB completely. However, I am getting on with things, which is my hope for all our members.

Thanks for checking in.  :smitten:

hi Pacific,

That's so sweet of you. I'm here every day. I can't imagine walking away from BB completely. However, I am getting on with things, which is my hope for all our members.

Thanks for checking in.  :smitten:

so good to hear from you. too many symptoms, and just do not know when they will disappear. a lot of them are about year old.