The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

Julia,

It sounds like you are doing ok with your cuts, hang in there!  I hope today is better for everyone.  I am feeling a little better however I am getting chills on and off.  My benzo brain is sending fears of COVID.

Hi Laurie -

I am so sorry you are having chills on and off and I pray that it is not covid.  I know you got the vaccine so I am hoping this is just withdrawal - xanax just keeps giving and giving.  I was also thinking about what Baddove posted a while back about how long it takes xanax to get out of your system - liver, hair etc.  I am hoping you are just shedding the drug from your system and your brain and CNS are making adjustments!!  I believe you will get better soon.  Hang in there!! 

I seem to have been doing better in the late afternoons but - This afternoon has been hell!!  Sweating, anxiety, chest hurting, off balance, ear pressure and stomach pain  is off the charts painful!!  I think that even though I weighed a couple pills Saturday from last weeks pill box and they were pretty accurate, that the doses from earlier in the week or the small doses were not and so although I have correct dosing now, I actually may have done a small cut too!!!  I probably should have gone up a little but when I weighed a couple pills and they were pretty accurate I thought I did not need to go up a bit and start from there.  UGG  Another learning experience.  But - I know I will get better.  Once I take my 3rd dose shortly, I am hoping to feel better.

I hope you feel better as the day goes on!!  I am praying for you!!!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Laurie I am so sorry your doctor doesn't have more support and knowledge about benzo recovery it sure would help if she did.  I hope the thyroid meds help you.  Praying for you to feel better bless your heart.

Julia, I am so sorry you still aren't feeling very well this stuff so crappy.  Oh my gosh you have had to deal with ulcers and other stomach issues a lot I don't know how you have coped.  I feel worse today, slept well but then when I got up!  Probably a lot as to do with yesterday and the fact that there isn't a quick way to heal ulcers.  Of course the benzo part of it makes it much worse...my pep talk to myself has kind of gone out the window today.  Praying for you to feel better.

Enzolt thank you for the hug 😊.  Hope you are doing better today.

Love and hugs to you all❤

Hi everyone,

Laurie I am so sorry your doctor doesn't have more support and knowledge about benzo recovery it sure would help if she did.  I hope the thyroid meds help you.  Praying for you to feel better bless your heart.

Julia, I am so sorry you still aren't feeling very well this stuff so crappy.  Oh my gosh you have had to deal with ulcers and other stomach issues a lot I don't know how you have coped.  I feel worse today, slept well but then when I got up!  Probably a lot as to do with yesterday and the fact that there isn't a quick way to heal ulcers.  Of course the benzo part of it makes it much worse...my pep talk to myself has kind of gone out the window today.  Praying for you to feel better.

Enzolt thank you for the hug 😊.  Hope you are doing better today.

Love and hugs to you all❤

Hi Debbie,

So sorry you are feeling worse today too!!  I know you have to be frustrated.  Things will get better.  We have to try to be positive even though it is hard!!!!  I would think the changes you made to the times you took your meds yesterday, adding new ones and anxiety have made today rough. 

Sometimes with the ulcers, I would drink some Pepto bismol and it would coat my stomach and help, not long term but at least enough time to give me a few hours break.  The zantac was the best thing I ever took for it. so many of my stomach issues have started due to the tragedy from my childhood and I did make some bad choices in my late teens and early 20's that did not help either.....  Have always had anxiety.  Was always able to handle it with a little piece of xanax.  I should have never listened to that doctor that told me to take 3 mg a day - and then she just took me off.  Hello cold turkey!!!  Anyway - I think your stomach will get better.  I would try a small dose of pepto, I do that sometimes now too - it usually does help a little.

I hope you feel better!!!

Love you lots,

Julia

:smitten:

Thank you Julia I'll try the pesto.  Yeah and with this carafate it's so stressful trying to figure out when to take cause its 4x a day 1 hr before you eat or 2-3 hrs after you...don't take it to close to other meds...yada yada yada.  Can take up to 2 weeks to start helping.  I'm my own worst enemy LOL.

Love ya❤

Julia,

There is no doubt you are feeling the earlier cuts.  I think you will feel better next week when your system adjusts.  I hate to suggest this, but maybe holding another week would really help.

I know the lower I got the more symptomatic I became.  For the three of us (and many others) our digestion seems to be a constant issue.  It has really given me a challenge a few weeks before the jump and continues now.

Hang in there..

Thank you Julia I'll try the pesto.  Yeah and with this carafate it's so stressful trying to figure out when to take cause its 4x a day 1 hr before you eat or 2-3 hrs after you...don't take it to close to other meds...yada yada yada.  Can take up to 2 weeks to start helping.  I'm my own worst enemy LOL.

Love ya❤

Lol Debbie - No you're not!!  It is a pain in the butt when you have so many meds and you do have to be careful about the dosing schedules because if not, it can cause issues.  You will figure out a schedule and I hope the peoto helps.

I am better after my 3rd dose.  Hoping tomorrow will be better. 

Love and hugs,

Julia,

There is no doubt you are feeling the earlier cuts.  I think you will feel better next week when your system adjusts.  I hate to suggest this, but maybe holding another week would really help.

I know the lower I got the more symptomatic I became.  For the three of us (and many others) our digestion seems to be a constant issue.  It has really given me a challenge a few weeks before the jump and continues now.

Hang in there..

Hey Laurie,

I agree that I will feel better next week and that it is the cuts catching up with me - those small pieces of the pills has come back to haunt me.  We really thought we were doing so good with being able to cut them in such small doses but looks like we were wrong.  Oh well - another learning curve.  It does make sense, the smaller the pill and you have no idea how much of the med you are getting.  My husband said when I get really low in dose we may crush the pills and stir them up really well and use the scale to weigh out doses.  That way I am still getting as much of the med as possilbe.

I agree too that I may need to hold for another week and I have no problem doing that if that is what I need to do.  I do not want to stay in constant turmoil so what's one more week???!!! 

You are right about the digestive issues for us and I do not need to add anything more to mine. 

I hope you start feeling better and know you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Love,

Julia I'm so glad you are feeling better after your 3rd dose at least you are getting a break from all the suffering today.  Once you get good and stable on your dosing I think you will do much better.  😊

Have a good evening.

I feel a tad better this evening I'll take any little bit of relief!

Love ya ❤

Laurie...you have had more than your share of stomach issues.  Like I said before I sure wish we only had one "brain".  Hoping you get relief soon.

Love ya ❤

Julia I'm so glad you are feeling better after your 3rd dose at least you are getting a break from all the suffering today.  Once you get good and stable on your dosing I think you will do much better.  😊

Have a good evening.

I feel a tad better this evening I'll take any little bit of relief!

Love ya ❤

Hi Debbie,

Thank you! I definitely needed some relief. Earlier I was really feeling terrible and I was praying time would speed up so I could take my 3rd dose. I didn't want to take it early and mess up my schedule although I was really close to doing just that. I agree, once I get stable things will be better!!!

I'm glad you're at least a little better!!! I hope that continues for you!!! I hope you are having a good night!!!

Love you!!!♥️♥️🙏🙏🙏

Hello All,

I wanted to report this morning that I am feeling much, much better.  I think over the last few days I had "benzo flu". 

Positive energy being sent to each and everyone of you! 

Hello All,

I wanted to report this morning that I am feeling much, much better.  I think over the last few days I had "benzo flu". 

Positive energy being sent to each and everyone of you!

Hi Laurie - That is great that you are feeling much, much better.  I am happy for you!!  Sounds like benzo flu to me too! 

I am a tiny bit better today.  I will take it.  It all adds up!!!

Have a good day!!!!

Hugs,

Julia

Hi Laurie thank you for letting us know.  So glad you are feeling better!!!

❤❤❤

Hey Debbie - how are you doing today?  Any better?  I sure hope so, you really need some relief!!

I am doing a tiny bit better.  We will get there, one day at a time!!!

Love and hugs,

❤❤❤

Hey Debbie - how are you doing today?  Any better?  I sure hope so, you really need some relief!!

Love and hugs,

Hi Julia,

So glad you are doing a little better.  Hope you will feel much better this evening.

I goofed with my doses trying to figure out a schedule boy was it awful!  Think I'm on the right track now at least I sure hope so.  I was over an hour late with my second dose of ativan, also forgot my morning buspirone then I'm having a side effect of a headache from the new meds...I just felt horrible.  Finally took my meds hoping I feel better in a little while.

Yes one day at a time!

Love and prayers ❤❤❤

❤❤❤

Love and hugs,

Hi Julia,

So glad you are doing a little better.  Hope you will feel much better this evening.

I goofed with my doses trying to figure out a schedule boy was it awful!  Think I'm on the right track now at least I sure hope so.  I was over an hour late with my second dose of ativan, also forgot my morning buspirone then I'm having a side effect of a headache from the new meds...I just felt horrible.  Finally took my meds hoping I feel better in a little while.

Yes one day at a time!

Love and prayers ❤❤❤

Hi Debbie - I am so sorry you had problems with your doses.  With so many meds and having to make sure you take them at different times has to be a task!!  You will figure it out!!  I have to write all my doses down and when I take them I write down the exact time I took them.  It has really helped me to not miss or take a dose late. 

I was a tiny better but as the afternoon has gone by, I had that terrible bout of WD again.  It is almost time for my 3rd dose so I am hoping I feel better after that. I am going to lay down in a bit and see if that helps too.

Do not worry, you will get it figured out.  I am sorry that the new meds are giving you a headache - just what you need right??  All this sucks!!!!

Love and sending you prayers too!

Julia,

So glad you are doing better!!  :thumbsup:

Hi Laurie - thanks.  I was a little better and then this afternoon had a severe bout of WD but it has calmed since I took my 3rd dose.  I know I am getting there!!! 

How are you doing? 

Hugs,

I woke up feeling better but this afternoon developed a sore throat, ugh.    Of course that has me worried again, I scheduled a COVID test, but the soonest I could get is Friday morning.  I need to take it to ease my mind if nothing else.  Anyway, aside from the sore throat I am doing just fine.

I need to ask, are all your doses the same amount or is your afternoon dose higher?

I woke up feeling better but this afternoon developed a sore throat, ugh.    Of course that has me worried again, I scheduled a COVID test, but the soonest I could get is Friday morning.  I need to take it to ease my mind if nothing else.  Anyway, aside from the sore throat I am doing just fine.

I need to ask, are all your doses the same amount or is your afternoon dose higher?

Hey Laurie - darn, it is always something to deal with, isn't it???!!!!  I bought a BinaxNOW test covid test from Walgreens a couple weeks ago when I was scared I had covid and it was the same thing they do at a testing site and it has 2 test in it.  You do 1 then wait 36 hours and do the 2nd.  It was around 24.00.  It was worth it to me as I was freaked out.  I actually just did the 1st test and it was negative and then the next day felt better so I did not do the 2nd test.  It was worth it to feel better.  Walgreens actually delivered in within an hour too!    I totally relate to what you feel.  It is still scary when there are so many around us that are still not vaccinated and the delta variant is some serious crap.

I hope you feel better!!!

Hugs,

❤❤❤

Love and hugs,

Hi Julia,

Yes one day at a time!

Love and prayers ❤❤❤

Hi Debbie - I am so sorry you had problems with your doses.  With so many meds and having to make sure you take them at different times has to be a task!!  You will figure it out!!  I have to write all my doses down and when I take them I write down the exact time I took them.  It has really helped me to not miss or take a dose late. 

I was a tiny better but as the afternoon has gone by, I had that terrible bout of WD again.  It is almost time for my 3rd dose so I am hoping I feel better after that. I am going to lay down in a bit and see if that helps too.

Do not worry, you will get it figured out.  I am sorry that the new meds are giving you a headache - just what you need right??  All this sucks!!!!

Love and sending you prayers too!

Thank you Julia,

So glad that your 3rd dose has helped you.  Yes this stuff really sucks.  This must be the week for struggling.

Hi Laurie,

I'm so sorry you have a sore throat.  You would think they could test you today.  Praying its negative.

Love and hugs to you both❤

Hey Debbie - Thank you!!!  I agree, this has been a tough week for many of us!!  I hope it gets better.

We all need a break!!!!  I am sure things will get better soon! 

Hugs and prayers to you too!!!

Love,

I love how we are all so educated, we know how to figure things out. We know there are adjustment periods. We can all learn from each others experiences and knowledge.

And all the  love and sincere care and best wishes we have for each other.

My therapist says I am the expert on withdrawal and benzos, so he will concede to whatever plan I am on.

Today, 2 hours into dose 2, I blew. I was acute, snap snap in 15 minutes and it was so intense I couldn't think what to do. It was really pure torture. And escalating hard.

Well, what worked before? Yoga.

So I did 2 hours of yoga focused on breathing techniques and whole body Hatha yoga to relax and stretch all the muscles. Did 45 minutes of breath work, 6 techniques with easy postures to start.

And I feel better.  I kept the exercises at the easier end of the spectrum because I am still recovering from dental surgery.  But I am down to a 5 from a 10.

The only way I am going to get through this is yoga, that's just what it is. I can't wait to feel 100% from the surgery, I have to do it.

I hope this horrid wave eases off, It's recovering from opiods mostly, in my opinion. But who knows what else could be going on, the CNS does what it wants.

I hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

I think we have all had enough pain and are due for some peace. :smitten:

BD,

I agree with your therapist, you are an expert on withdrawal.  You have helped so many of us navigate these horrible symptoms.  You also have a way of bringing such ease when explaining why these things are happening and reassuring we will all get through it.

I love your coping skills, yoga sounds perfect!!!  I hope the universe gives you a window to enjoy a moment of peace.

Julia, thank you for the tip regarding the covid test.  I’m so glad you didn’t have covid.  I’m pretty sure mine is withdrawal as the sore throat oddly feels better this evening.

Almost through this week…stay strong!

• Popular Now