Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Feelings

[or...]

I don't understand "feelings" but they seem to be over-the-top magnified when tapering/recovering from a benzo.  Physical feeling like pain is a warning for me, to look for the source.  I guess it could be the same with mental/emotional feeling.  If I feel way good, I attribute it to good health, if I feel really bad, I attribute it to bad health.  I guess I look at it as something to look at like my exercise, how much am I moving my body, and what am I consuming for food and drink.

Either one we can go straight to a doctor, or we can look at things ourselves, depending on how bad of course, or out of control a "feeling" can get.  I got into the habit of looking things up for myself as long as I am able.  It's payed off in ways like no unnecessary drugs, or surgeries. 

I also know that our brains are way off-track when a benzo has taken over where our own body is no longer running the show.  My whole being seems to be about allowing my own body to take back what it's been deprived of.  It just makes more sense to me as long as my body is still capable of doing that which even at 71 I feel I still have a some-what healthy body that is capable if I take good care of it, so again, my main remedies are exercise and nutrition, the best I can do ;) oregonlady~Denise :hug:

PS and the most important thing for me is a slow-micro-taper that I learned how to do here at BB, plus all else I've learned from peers that have gone through wd sxs, or are still going through them.

PSS Here is an excellent read I go back to over and over by a benzobuddies named Parker.  It's very long, but one of the best things I've ever read, little by little for me :) and refer back many times as well: 

Edited by [or...]

[Lo...]

It’s feels like torture inside of me and I can’t even explain it to anyone 

[Lo...]

I can’t function because of it , it’s just hell , I’ve got children and I don’t know what to do 

[or...]

First thing I would do is share your benzo history, even briefly would help us to help you with that.  The other thing is what I mentioned about the seveerness of your pain, discomfort, get some help from a physician, or maybe friend/family can help with your children?

I don't claim to have answers for anyone, especially with children as I have none but I know there are those here that can help a lot that are going through wd sxs and have families to take care of.  I wish I could help more but there are plenty of folks here, just hang in there :hug:

[or...]
16 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

Thank you , I’m wondering if it’s akathisia? 

I've heard lots of folks here talk about their akathisia, so I'll link you to an article about it that might help you as well: https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/23954-akathisia

If you want to see what others here have posted on Akathisia then you can do a search in upper Right and put quotes around the word like this, "akathisia".  I got a whole bunch and s the results of that search are below ;) I haven't experienced it so sorry I don't have any personal experience with it.

Again, some info on your benzo, how long did you take it, are you off Cold Turkey, or tapering a percent at a time?  This can help us help you as well, oregonlady PS Here is the link to many posts here on BB re: akathisia:

https://benzobuddies.org/search/?q=akathisia&quick=1

Edited by [or...]

[Lo...]

Well I’m in a acute stress setback I was almost recovered last year

[Bo...]

Stress is usually a main reason for setbacks for people. I am so sorry and I’ve had aka and well have it now so am here so are others that have had it.

is it hard to sit still? Extreme inner restlessness that you can’t relax and overwhelming you are unable ro describe it to others? Bc this is aka. And some people pacing helps them, walking and walking to get that horrible energy out, some have more internal don’t need to pace but just want to burst with agitation and anger feel/ sobbing crying.

people have various types and so I promise you aren’t alone. Many don’t talk about it here bc they aren’t able to get on computer. The benzo warrior group is a great Facebook group that’s supportive and many have aka or have had it on there.

It is so distressing all consuming and I am so so so sorry. 
yiu might not have it, could be one of the other crazy benzo crap in this bit the fact you can’t describe  it to me sounds like aka bc that’s how I felt when I first had it. There is nothing like it making it difficult to explain to others , except those that have been thru it.

hugs and love keep reaching out. 

• Love 1

[dj...]
10 hours ago, [[L...] said:

It’s feels like torture inside of me and I can’t even explain it to anyone 

It could be several things.  Perhaps some low grade akathisia.  Perhaps muscular issues.   Or maybe it’s as simple as some intense physical manifestation of stress/anxiety.  

My body feels like it’s hallucinating.  I have so many different sensations and tensions and pains coursing through my body all day.  It’s utterly insane and like you said, hard to explain.  I think a lot of mine comes from the fact that all the muscles in my body simply can’t and won’t relax.   And I mean every muscle in my body - legs, abdomen, back, head, face.  I believe that creates a lot of different sensations as they are constantly contracting and trying to release.  

Edited by [dj...]