The Xanax Club, Let Us Know How You Are Feeling Today

[...]

I am completely exhausted, this happens about once a week, I wonder if you folks get this symptom? Just want to sleep, but too amped to, and also don't want the toxic fall out from a nap. Not exhaustion from getting no sleep, that's different, but more like benzo flu.

I wonder if this strong fatigue is actually an expression of the CNS healing. Just like after surgery, we are bed bound for a while. Could it be that at times our CNS undergoes repair, and we are wiped out because all of the bodies energy is going into that. I have researched it and found nothing.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the topic.

Hi Baddove,

I get that too.  There are days when all I can do is lay on the sofa and just watch tv. I do try to nap sometimes but I usually try not to because I do not want to wake up and feel like a zombie for a couple hours afterwards.  I had not thought of it being like benzo flu but that is exactly what I have felt too.  Mine is also usually once a week or so. 

It happens to me more since I have gotten lower in dose (under 1 mg).  I believe that with each cut I make, my CNS has to adjust and get stable and therefore I am healing as I go.  I would say you could be right about it undergoing repair.  That makes sense to me.

I have said for a while now that I believe we are healing as we go down in dose and I am sure that there are times when the CNS has to take all of the energy we have to make some of the changes.  The great news is, that we are healing.

Hope you are having a better day!!

Love and hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [to...]

• [Di...]

• [...]

• [se...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I am completely exhausted, this happens about once a week, I wonder if you folks get this symptom? Just want to sleep, but too amped to, and also don't want the toxic fall out from a nap. Not exhaustion from getting no sleep, that's different, but more like benzo flu.

I wonder if this strong fatigue is actually an expression of the CNS healing. Just like after surgery, we are bed bound for a while. Could it be that at times our CNS undergoes repair, and we are wiped out because all of the bodies energy is going into that. I have researched it and found nothing. O have dealt with exhaustion for quite a long time now.  It hits me in waves and can last all day.  It's random but hits hard!  I never thought of it in the way that you said, "CNS undergoing repair" but I like it!  Anything is possible! 

For a good portion of my taper I obsessed over sleep.  I tried not to nap because I was afraid it would make my insomnia even worse... only to fight to stay awake in the afternoon and then get slammed with insomnia at night anyway.  I had sooooo many days (still do) when I can barely keep my eyes open and then go to bed around 10:00 pm and by 10:30 feel as though the circus just came to town!  It's like my brain says... "Showtime!"  lol!  And then I'm awake until 1:00 am or better.  A year or so ago when the fatigue really set in, I decided that I'll sleep when I'm tired and no longer stress over what time of day or night it was.  For me, it's worked!  Keep in mind, I'm aware of how lucky I am that I'm not working at the moment and have the ability to do this.  And yes, I've had a few toxic naps but at the end of the day, I'll take sleep anyway I can get it because for me it truly makes a difference in my symptom.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on the topic.

Laurie,

I am sorry you're having such severe nausea. I hope you feel better soon.

Julia,

It's good to see you are still actively posting.

Patrick,

Welcome, I hope you get steered in the right direction for your taper.

I am having some anxiety that I hope goes away. I think it was Lori, if I am not mistaken, who said that she had really bad anxiety that completely resolved. Correct!  It's remarkably better!  Has been for over a year now. Mine is notable today. On the plus side, my sleep seems to be getting better gradually and I am most grateful for that.

Other than the anxiety and insomnia, I am doing OK today.

Happy Labor Day,

HM

HM, You are cruising along!!  Way to go!  Hang in there!  You got this! :thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

I’m sorry I have been absent.  I am suffering nausea Ian’s some emotional issues.  I will be back when I am feeling a bit more stable.

Love you all, hope everyone has a great week..

Laurie,

I'm so sorry that you're having a rough time.  The acute phase can be brutal for some.  I know this may not be the consolation you're looking for but please keep in mind that the hardest part "might" be what you're going through at the moment, but even more so, what is already behind you. You can do this! 

As far as taking a break... in my experience with many buddies before me who jumped, almost ALL took a much needed break from here.  to be honest, most never came back!  For their peace of mind and sanity, they needed to step away.  Do NOT feel badly about this.  You deserve the break!  This process is often very traumatic for most of us because it's all consuming and has effected so many aspects of both our personal and professional lives.  It's going to take time to assimilate back into "normal" life.  Take all the the time you need!  The last thing you need to worry about is having any guilt about not coming on here.

Please, me kind to yourself!  You deserve it! 

Love,

Lori

Hi Buddies!

I got back from Colorado yesterday evening. Oh my it was amazing! I love nature and the outdoors. It’s so healing to me! I took Baddove advice and just sat quietly in nature at times. It was so beautiful and I had an amazing time with my cousin and her family. Paddle boarding in a reservoir surrounded by mountains, was breathtaking. (Both literally and figuratively! Lol 😂) We camped, hiked, and ate amazing food. I barely thought of the Xanax or taper I went through. I felt good and energized. It was awesome. I felt very little withdrawl symptoms. I was happy. Keep the faith in the process, you will get there too! I miss my hubby terribly but know he’s doing such a good thing for people.

I haven’t read back through every post I’ve missed but hope you are all doing well. I’m sorry if you’re suffering. I pray for much better days for you all. I’ll try to read back through some of the posts to see how you all are.

Love and hugs,

Mary ❤️

Hi Buddies!

I got back from Colorado yesterday evening. Oh my it was amazing! I love nature and the outdoors. It’s so healing to me! I took Baddove advice and just sat quietly in nature at times. It was so beautiful and I had an amazing time with my cousin and her family. Paddle boarding in a reservoir surrounded by mountains, was breathtaking. (Both literally and figuratively! Lol 😂) We camped, hiked, and ate amazing food. I barely thought of the Xanax or taper I went through. I felt good and energized. It was awesome. I felt very little withdrawl symptoms. I was happy. Keep the faith in the process, you will get there too! I miss my hubby terribly but know he’s doing such a good thing for people.

I haven’t read back through every post I’ve missed but hope you are all doing well. I’m sorry if you’re suffering. I pray for much better days for you all. I’ll try to read back through some of the posts to see how you all are.

Love and hugs,

Mary ❤️

Hi Mary,

I am so happy for you that you had such a wonderful time!!  I am also very happy that you did not think about the xanax and taper!  I am sure that helped you immensely. 

It sounds like going on your trip was the best thing you could do for yourself so you were not alone while your husband has to be away.  He really is doing a wonderful thing helping so many people that are in such need.  I am sure he has a big heart like you do!

I am glad you felt very little withdrawal symptoms and that you are doing so well! Going away and being in nature and being with people you love sounds like it was just what you needed.

I am sure you will be happy when your husband is back home and I am sure he misses you too!!

Take care and thanks for such a positive and uplifting post!  I think at this point there are many of us that needed to know things do get better!!

Love you lots,

Julia  :smitten: :smitten:

So happy you had a great trip!  You got to enjoy your freedom, no pills, no timers, just being free. I am so glad you took this trip. I am sure it will remain a cherished memory of LIVING after getting off the benzo's.

If things get rough, remember this trip. How living the life you want, and doing what you want worked out so well.

This is how it feels to be well, and free even if the road ahead has some bumps, you are free, you did it!

Hi Buddies!

Love and hugs,

Mary ❤️

Hi Mary,

I am so happy you had such a wonderful time you absolutely deserved every minute of it.  I know your husband is thrilled for you even he wasn't with you he new you needed the good time you had.

Love you ❤❤❤

Hi Enzolt,

Hope you are doing ok.

Hugs ❤

Hi Diane thanks for checking on me! I made another cut 2 days ago and today I feel very bad, pain in my stomach, and I never have it, benzo flu, and dizziness. How do you feel? Mary I’m happy you enjoyed your trip! Julia how are you? Laurie how do you feel since you jump? Thinking about all of you

Hi Enzolt,

Hope you are doing ok.

Hugs ❤

Hi Diane thanks for checking on me! I made another cut 2 days ago and today I feel very bad, pain in my stomach, and I never have it, benzo flu, and dizziness. How do you feel? Mary I’m happy you enjoyed your trip! Julia how are you? Laurie how do you feel since you jump? Thinking about all of you

Hi EnzoIt - Congrats on the cut but sorry you feel bad.  Sounds like you have a lot of our symptoms right now.  I hope things even out for you soon.  You are getting really close to the end.  I am happy for you.

I am hanging in there, still dealing with my stomach and off balance and dizziness issues.  Anxiety is only an issue when I get really stressed.

Take care and I am glad you posted.

Hugs,

Julia  :smitten:

Hi Enzolt,

Hope you are doing ok.

Hugs ❤

Hi Enzolt,

Glad you checked in.  I'm sorry you aren't feeling well since your cut stomach issues are awful.  So happy that you are at .05 though that's great you're almost there.

I'm still having stomach issues and anxiety.  Praying we all feel better very soon.

Take care of yourself.

Hugs❤

Hello, how is everyone? Has everyone experienced mental confusion? Every time I have a conversation after a while I start to feel confused and tired.. after how long did it get better for you? I send everyone a hug

Hello, how is everyone? Has everyone experienced mental confusion? Every time I have a conversation after a while I start to feel confused and tired.. after how long did it get better for you? I send everyone a hug

Hi Enzolt,

I'm so happy for you on how low you have gotten that is great.

I haven't had the mental confusion I'm sorry you are having to deal with that I hope it won't last long.

My stomach and anxiety is still giving me a lot of trouble but I'm hanging on. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs❤

Hi Enzolt,

I'm so happy for you on how low you have gotten that is great.

I haven't had the mental confusion I'm sorry you are having to deal with that I hope it won't last long.

My stomach and anxiety is still giving me a lot of trouble but I'm hanging on. 

Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs❤

I hope things will get better for you too!

Hi EnzoIt,

So sorry you are suffering with this.  I have it on and off too.  I will be talking and randomly I will forget what I am talking about.  It used to happen a lot more than it does now thank goodness.  It usually only last a few days at a time for me and sometimes it is just a few times in one day and it is gone.  I hope it goes away fast for you too.  It is probably your brain adjusting to the lower dose you are on.

Congrats on being so low.  I know you will be so happy when you are done!!!

Take care.

Hugs to you too! :smitten:

Hi EnzoIt,

So sorry you are suffering with this.  I have it on and off too.  I will be talking and randomly I will forget what I am talking about.  It used to happen a lot more than it does now thank goodness.  It usually only last a few days at a time for me and sometimes it is just a few times in one day and it is gone.  I hope it goes away fast for you too.  It is probably your brain adjusting to the lower dose you are on.

Take care.

Thanks Julia, how are you?! The problem for me is that I feel confused almost every time I have a conversation since I start my taper.. I don’t see many people reporting that, I just hope it’ll go away..

Hi EnzoIt, I also have moments of confusion where I forget what I am talking about or what I was doing. In all fairness, though, I have problems outside of Xanax. Congrats on being so low! When do you plan on jumping? I think I will in 6 weeks.

Have a great Monday,

HM

Hi EnzoIt, I also have moments of confusion where I forget what I am talking about or what I was doing. In all fairness, though, I have problems outside of Xanax. Congrats on being so low! When do you plan on jumping? I think I will in 6 weeks.

Have a great Monday,

HM

For me the the problem is I have brain fog since I started to taper, it got a little better but whenever I have to concentrate more I get dizzy and tired, I just hope it will go back to normal as soon as I’ll jump. I plan to finish my taper in around 3 weeks, my new idea is that real healing can’t happen until we get completely off

my new idea is that real healing can’t happen until we get completely off

I hope that is true! My sleep is starting to improve so I hope it gets even better when I am completely off. We'll see.

HM

Hi EnzoIt,

Take care.

Thanks Julia, how are you?! The problem for me is that I feel confused almost every time I have a conversation since I start my taper.. I don’t see many people reporting that, I just hope it’ll go away..

Hi EnzoIt,

I am hanging there.  I made another cut yesterday and have felt it today but not too bad.  I am having issues with my stomach still but I will get better.

I have not seem people talk about that either -  I know mine comes and goes and it has lessened over time but there are times when it is just so random that it still catches me off guard.

I hope it leave you too! 

Take care.

:smitten:

Hi EnzoIt,

Take care.

Hi EnzoIt,

I am hanging there.  I made another cut yesterday and have felt it today but not too bad.  I am having issues with my stomach still but I will get better.

I have not seem people talk about that either -  I know mine comes and goes and it has lessened over time but there are times when it is just so random that it still catches me off guard.

I hope it leave you too! 

Take care.

:smitten:

Hi Julia I hope you feel better today. I think my mental confusion is related to mental fatigue and brain fog , because I notice it totally gets worse when I engage in mental activities. Today is a bad day, all my body hurts, I feel like having a high fever. It’s so difficult.. HM I’m happy you’re able to taper very fast, besides insomnia do you have other symptoms?

Hi guys,

My anxiety is so bad, I think I am going to hold for another week or two before cutting again. I am a nervous wreck. I am struggling with insomnia but, even when I sleep, I wake up anxious. I think (hope) it's rebound anxiety and it will get better over time. For now, I am going to hold at .12mg per day until my anxiety reduces. It's miserable.

Hoping you have a great Tuesday,

HM

Hi HM,

I'm sorry your anxiety is so bad I understand.  Its probably a good idea to hold a bit and let your CNS calm down.

Anxiety is one of the worst symptoms I have had

❤hugs